PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Off Topic

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ccB
07-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Growing up Cal Ripken was like Superman to me.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Never been a Cal Ripken fan, never will be a Cal Ripken fan.

Ravens1991
07-11-2007, 01:02 PM
ERU prepare for the rath of BigDawg, I remember in my elementary school days I was a big Mike Bordick fan, I was in 3rd/4th grade at the time and I actually cried when Mike was traded to the Mets. I dont know why I liked him so much he wasnt that good.

EdReedUnstoppable
07-11-2007, 11:34 PM
ERU prepare for the rath of BigDawg, I remember in my elementary school days I was a big Mike Bordick fan, I was in 3rd/4th grade at the time and I actually cried when Mike was traded to the Mets. I dont know why I liked him so much he wasnt that good.

My favorite Orioles were always Jeffrey Hammonds, and Chris Hoiles.

BigDawg819
07-11-2007, 11:41 PM
My favorite Orioles were always Jeffrey Hammonds, and Chris Hoiles.

Wow thats really sad.........

EdReedUnstoppable
07-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Wow thats really sad.........

Your name is! :)

Sorry just had to do it.

BigDawg819
07-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Your name is! :)

Sorry just had to do it.

Oh yeah...........your Mom! :)

Thats right I went there.........

EdReedUnstoppable
07-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Oh yeah...........your Mom! :)

Thats right I went there.........

OHH No You Didin't!

Well then I say this....

So's your FACE!!!

BigDawg819
07-11-2007, 11:46 PM
OHH No You Didin't!

Well then I say this....

So's your FACE!!!

Oh yeah!

Then...........

I'm rubber and your glue so whatever you say to me bounces off of me and sticks to you! :D

EdReedUnstoppable
07-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Oh yeah!

Then...........

I'm rubber and your glue so whatever you say to me bounces off of me and sticks to you! :D

Oh yeah well....

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but you'll never be smart enough to be a doctor and fix them, because your a dumb stupid face!

ccB
07-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Roberto Alomar was my absolute favorite player growing up.

BigDawg819
07-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Cal Ripken Jr. was and still is my favorite Oriole. I mean I have a pseudo shrine of collectibles to him.

Ravens1991
07-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I have a Lou Gehrig(sp) and Cal Ripken bobble head it is sweet.

Ravens1991
07-16-2007, 10:19 AM
does anybody have this Billy Ripken card?

http://www.snopes.com/sports/baseball/ripken.asp

Ravens1991
07-20-2007, 12:32 PM
its like 70-75 degrees in MD wow.

Ravens1991
07-23-2007, 01:57 PM
In the Derrick Brooks Ray Lewis thread people are saying Bart Scott, Adalius Thomas, and some even said T-sizzle are more valuable last year then Ray. I came back and said that Bart and Suggs are not as good as Ray. I was wondering what are all your thoughts about that?

America
07-23-2007, 02:45 PM
In the Derrick Brooks Ray Lewis thread people are saying Bart Scott, Adalius Thomas, and some even said T-sizzle are more valuable last year then Ray. I came back and said that Bart and Suggs are not as good as Ray. I was wondering what are all your thoughts about that?

Agreed. Suggs is a great player, but he's not in Ray's class. Neither is Scott. They are all far more athletic than him which makes them seem like better players. But no one has the instincts of Ray. I mean Ray's the one callin the play in the huddle and making at the line adjustments and telling his guys where to go. Adalius is a freak of nature athlete and is very instinctual as well, as he is a student of the game like Ray. His blend of athleticism and smarts made him a better player than Ray last year, but I don't think he could lead a Defense better than Ray. We really were stacked at LB last year.

fischbowl
07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
guess where I'm going this week

Ravens1991
07-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Ocean City or Baltimore?

EdReedUnstoppable
07-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Cooperstown?

fischbowl
07-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Cooperstown?

Ding Ding Ding!

and ERU wins the Showcase Showdown!

EdReedUnstoppable
07-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Ding Ding Ding!

and ERU wins the Showcase Showdown!

SWEET!!!!!

Goin to the Hall Of Fame for Cal's induction? Or just goin for shits and giggles?

fischbowl
07-23-2007, 03:35 PM
SWEET!!!!!

Goin to the Hall Of Fame for Cal's induction? Or just goin for shits and giggles?

Im going for Cal. My weekend will be arrive at hotel Saturday (an hour away from Cooperstown). Drive to Cooperstown. Go To Hall Of Fame itself, see the Aberdeen Ironbirds play the Oneonta Tigers in rigorous New York Penn League action, stay in Cooperstown some more, Drive an hour back to hotel. Wake up at 3 am, drive back to Cooperstown, arrive at induction site, camp out until the induction begins at 1:30, than proceed to pass out.

So ERU, did you want the dinette set and the brand new Kia Rio or an hour with all of the Barker beauties?

EdReedUnstoppable
07-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Im going for Cal. My weekend will be arrive at hotel Saturday (an hour away from Cooperstown). Drive to Cooperstown. Go To Hall Of Fame itself, see the Aberdeen Ironbirds play the Oneonta Tigers in rigorous New York Penn League action, stay in Cooperstown some more, Drive an hour back to hotel. Wake up at 3 am, drive back to Cooperstown, arrive at induction site, camp out until the induction begins at 1:30, than proceed to pass out.

So ERU, did you want the dinette set and the brand new Kia Rio or an hour with all of the Barker beauties?

I'll take the Kia Rio, cause I won't lie the hour with the Barker beauties would be more like the 5 minutes with the Barker beauties. So I'll just take the Kia and drive it up the Avenue and get some classy White Marsh snootch.

fischbowl
07-23-2007, 10:56 PM
I'll take the Kia Rio, cause I won't lie the hour with the Barker beauties would be more like the 5 minutes with the Barker beauties. So I'll just take the Kia and drive it up the Avenue and get some classy White Marsh snootch.

http://www.carpages.co.uk/kia/kia_images/kia_rio_15_07_05.jpg

Sporty, Reliable, and economical

EdReedUnstoppable
07-23-2007, 10:58 PM
http://www.carpages.co.uk/kia/kia_images/kia_rio_15_07_05.jpg

Sporty, Reliable, and economical

Just like my ex-girlfriend!

BigDawg819
07-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Just like my ex-girlfriend!

Not mine, that ***** cost me money!

trkaline
07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
I always liked Rafael Palmeiro growin up..

Ravens1991
07-25-2007, 06:31 PM
My cousin was a big Palmero fan until the steroid situation occured.

fischbowl
07-25-2007, 06:57 PM
My cousin was a big Palmero fan until the steroid situation occured.

I knew people who were related to him.

BigDawg819
07-25-2007, 07:20 PM
I always liked Raphael Palmero growin up..

Really, considering someone who always liked would know he spelled his name Rafael Palmeiro.............

Ravens1991
07-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Before last season, did we show any interest in Drew Brees? I was wondering because he was a FA and if we got him we probably would be the superbowl champs now.

trkaline
07-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Before last season, did we show any interest in Drew Brees? I was wondering because he was a FA and if we got him we probably would be the superbowl champs now.

Yea but you know we wouldn't pick up a good young qb we like the old work horses there cheaper....and Brees is a pocket guy they dont work here...they gotta constantly keep on the move here....

BigDawg819
07-27-2007, 09:01 PM

No we didn't, we were locked into McNair. You assume Brees would fit into our system and make us better but you don't know that and sound foolish in making that assessment. Brees would not be a Pro Bowler in our system which isn't designed around the QB like he is down in New Orleans. Stop making ridiculous posts for the love of everything.

Ravens1991
07-27-2007, 09:19 PM
You do realize I never said anything about him being a pro bowler because he probably wouldn't have what I said was we could have won a super bowl with him, I was just thinking about that because I remember he was a FA and we were looking for a QB and I didn't remember if we showed interest in him or not.

BigDawg819
07-27-2007, 09:22 PM
You do realize I never said anything about him being a pro bowler because he probably wouldn't have what I said was we could have won a super bowl with him, I was just thinking about that because I remember he was a FA and we were looking for a QB and I didn't remember if we showed interest in him or not.

No we wouldn't have won with with him thats ridiculous. We never expressed interest in him and he wasn't going to come here. Your thought is ridiculous.

trkaline
07-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Most people don't wanna play here...I remember when I heard we got T.O. then to find out he was just using us as a bus stop.....

SeanTaylorRIP
07-27-2007, 09:27 PM
No we wouldn't have won with with him thats ridiculous. We never expressed interest in him and he wasn't going to come here. Your thought is ridiculous.

I wouldn't say it is rediculous we were 2 games from the superbowl and lost to the champs 15-6, and had so many chances if McNair would look down field, it would be foolish to think it would be rediculous that we would have won the super bowl had we Brees, but that's all moot point, we don't have him, I wanted us to go after Culpepper last season. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Ravens1991
07-27-2007, 09:31 PM
I dont see how it would have been, he would have brought the offense to get at least some points against the colts.

Ravens1991
07-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Most people don't wanna play here...I remember when I heard we got T.O. then to find out he was just using us as a bus stop.....

I thought that was because T.O. wanted McNabb instead of Boller.

BigDawg819
07-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't say it is rediculous we were 2 games from the superbowl and lost to the champs 15-6, and had so many chances if McNair would look down field, it would be foolish to think it would be rediculous that we would have won the super bowl had we Brees, but that's all moot point, we don't have him, I wanted us to go after Culpepper last season. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

I'm tired of all these posts whining about "if we had so and so we would have blah blah blah"! Its ridiculous! The Ravens' have a plan and stick to it. Brees wasn't in it so its ridiculous to wonder if!

BigDawg819
07-27-2007, 09:36 PM
I dont see how it would have been, he would have brought the offense to get at least some points against the colts.

This is what I'm talking about stupid, the Ravens would not have changed the offense for Brees, they didn't for McNair! Brees may have made better decisions, then again he could have dropped dead on the kickoff. Drop this idiotic subject!

Ravens1991
07-28-2007, 09:20 AM

I remember I wanted Cullpepper also, I didn't have faith in McNair.

ccB
07-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Im tired of all these posts whining about people whining in other posts. We are men, not women, act like it.

BigDawg819
07-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Im tired of all these posts whining about people whining in other posts. We are men, not women, act like it.

I wish I was cool and make fun of others.......... :rolleyes:

ccB
07-28-2007, 02:55 PM
I wish I was cool and make fun of others.......... :rolleyes:

I wish I had a billion dollars, but I dont. Life sucks sometimes in that regard. At the end of the day ill still be broke wishing I was rich and you will still be uncool wishing you were popular. :rolleyes: :D

BigDawg819
07-28-2007, 02:57 PM
I wish I had a billion dollars, but I dont. Life sucks sometimes in that regard. At the end of the day ill still be broke wishing I was rich and you will still be uncool wishing you were popular. :rolleyes: :D

Yeah my popularity on this forum is my reason for being............

ccB
07-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah my popularity on this forum is my reason for being............

Aw man you should have that checked out. That sounds really depressing. I'm here if you ever need me man I didnt realize this forum meant so much to you.

BigDawg819
07-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Aw man you should have that checked out. That sounds really depressing. I'm here if you ever need me man I didnt realize this forum meant so much to you.

Thanks man......................sometimes..........hold on I need a tissue................man I promised myself I wouldn't cry....................

Ravens1991
07-28-2007, 05:23 PM
lets all make up and have a big e-hug

EdReedUnstoppable
07-29-2007, 04:49 AM
I remember I wanted Cullpepper also, I didn't have faith in McNair.

And some still don't have faith in him and his terrible check down arm, with his zero mobility and his senile(spelling?) mind making terrible decisions.......RETIRE ALREADY YOU *****!!!!

The Legend
07-29-2007, 09:42 AM
i would take culpepper if we promises he will play like he played in 2004 and if he lies we should have to play him

Ravens1991
07-29-2007, 10:54 AM
And some still don't have faith in him and his terrible check down arm, with his zero mobility and his senile(spelling?) mind making terrible decisions.......RETIRE ALREADY YOU *****!!!!

I have faith in him now because when Billick was calling plays he did look fairly decent, our o-line was clicking, we had a big streak of no sacks allowed until Boller trip and a d-lineman dived on him. Plus he did lead us to our best record ever. Also it was only his 1st year in the system. Plus with his check downs McGahee can turn 2 yard check downs into 7-8 yard gains which will help the offense.

BigDawg819
07-29-2007, 12:15 PM
I have faith in him now because when Billick was calling plays he did look fairly decent, our o-line was clicking, we had a big streak of no sacks allowed until Boller trip and a d-lineman dived on him. Plus he did lead us to our best record ever. Also it was only his 1st year in the system. Plus with his check downs McGahee can turn 2 yard check downs into 7-8 yard gains which will help the offense.

So in other words your swayed by the media as opposed to forming your own opinion? Or are you just waiting for the next big free agent out there and put your faith in him and blame us not winning because we didn't sign him? McNair is crap!

Ravens1991
07-29-2007, 12:34 PM
so everybody that supports a QB that had come from behind victories and led us to our best record ever is a media drone and can't form their own opinion about QB. Yea he won't put up flashy # but he has shown to be a winner. You didn't understand my post about Drew Brees I was bored and I was just wondering what you all think would have happened. It was just a what if question.

trkaline
07-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Well Dawg is obviously a highly paid ESPN sports analyst...whose opinion is way more important than anyone else's so I suppose he should be the only one talking on this forum...

BigDawg819
07-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Well Dawg is obviously a highly paid ESPN sports analyst...whose opinion is way more important than anyone else's so I suppose he should be the only one talking on this forum...

About time you realized that!

trkaline
07-30-2007, 12:15 AM
You're trapped in a room with an angry grizzly bear, a hungry Lion, and a Browns fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?
Shoot the Browns fanů twice.

Ravens1991
07-30-2007, 12:56 AM
lol. That was a good one.

You know my dads friend and his wife have Browns season tickets, against the Ravens in Clevland they went to the game. They stopped by 7-11. They had the tickets on the dashboard. They come back and the windshield is broken. They go over and they don't see 2 tickets there, they see 4 tickets.

trkaline
07-30-2007, 01:03 AM
lol. That was a good one.

You know my dads friend and his wife have Browns season tickets, against the Ravens in Clevland they went to the game. They stopped by 7-11. They had the tickets on the dashboard. They come back and the windshield is broken. They go over and they don't see 2 tickets there, they see 4 tickets.

I would hate to be a Browns fan. They start off every year hopin to be on top...but every year they end up at the bottom of the division...I kno Seattle has the highest suicide rate but come on ... if i was a Browns fan i woulda done blew my brains out years ago...

BigDawg819
07-30-2007, 05:07 PM
I would hate to be a Browns fan. They start off every year hopin to be on top...but every year they end up at the bottom of the division...I kno Seattle has the highest suicide rate but come on ... if i was a Browns fan i woulda done blew my brains out years ago...

Wait you're telling me its actually possible to be a Browns fan?

EdReedUnstoppable
07-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Wait you're telling me its actually possible to be a Browns fan?

Yeah apparently its possible to be a Browns fan and.........some of them like it!! A sick breed indeed.

Hines
07-30-2007, 06:14 PM
dan cody is possibly out for the year because of a hyprextended knee..

source rotoworld

BigDawg819
07-30-2007, 06:15 PM
dan cody is possibly out for the year because of a hyprextended knee..

source rotoworld

Ummmmmmmmmm no.

trkaline
07-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah apparently its possible to be a Browns fan and.........some of them like it!! A sick breed indeed.

Browns fans gotta have a fetish for pain, I could only imagine waking up on sunday morning dreading the kickoff rather then excited.....

BigDawg819
07-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Browns fans gotta have a fetish for pain, I could only imagine waking up on sunday morning dreading the kickoff rather then excited.....

You don't remember the Vinny days when we had no defense do you?

trkaline
07-30-2007, 06:34 PM
that was a long time ago in recent history we've been an exciting team to watch...where as the browns haent had that for quite some time....

fischbowl
08-07-2007, 11:14 AM
argh no posts for almost ten days.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-07-2007, 02:33 PM
BD its 3:33 pm did you just call Rob Long? I think it was you because it was in support of Kyle and it was the smartest caller Ive heard on NST.

BigDawg819
08-07-2007, 03:59 PM
BD its 3:33 pm did you just call Rob Long? I think it was you because it was in support of Kyle and it was the smartest caller Ive heard on NST.

You know it baby, I am the famous "Mike In Pasadena" caller on the Rob Long show. You know it has to be me because Rob is well versed in The Lefty Canadian Contingent.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-07-2007, 04:21 PM
You know it baby, I am the famous "Mike In Pasadena" caller on the Rob Long show. You know it has to be me because Rob is well versed in The Lefty Canadian Contingent.

Yeah that gave it away and the little sister goin to training camp thing, with what your myspace name is and all. And then as you talked about Kyle, I was like thats my dawg!!

BigDawg819
08-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah that gave it away and the little sister goin to training camp thing, with what your myspace name is and all. And then as you talked about Kyle, I was like thats my dawg!!

All day baby! *Internet Fist Bump*

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/760147/2/istockphoto_760147_punch_fists.jpg

Ravens1991
08-11-2007, 11:59 AM
I just got back from OCMD,was it extremly hot anywere else in MD I was like 100 degrees at 8:00 at night on wednsday.

EdReedUnstoppable
08-12-2007, 10:47 AM
I just got back from OCMD,was it extremly hot anywere else in MD I was like 100 degrees at 8:00 at night on wednsday.

Yesterday was the best day in a long time weather wise, early on it was as low as 65 and the hottest it got was mid 80's which is still a little too hot for me but at least we weren't approaching triple dig.

Ravens1991
08-22-2007, 02:19 PM
I was looking at the schedule and I noticed that we face San Diego @ San Diego, New England, and Colts all in a 3 game stretch. That is a preety tough 3 games.

trkaline
08-22-2007, 02:23 PM
I was looking at the schedule and I noticed that we face San Diego @ San Diego, New England, and Colts all in a 3 game stretch. That is a preety tough 3 games.

Since the time the schedule came out that stuck out to me..and hopefully we'll have the momentum built up by then to pull us though those games....

EdReedUnstoppable
08-22-2007, 02:24 PM

YOU JUST NOTICED THIS!!!!??????

That was the first thing I saw while looking at the schedule, our second half of our schedule is friggin brutal!

Ravens1991
08-22-2007, 04:10 PM
yea plus we have 3 cross country trips and that won't be fun also.

dcarey20
08-22-2007, 04:11 PM
YOU JUST NOTICED THIS!!!!??????

That was the first thing I saw while looking at the schedule, our second half of our schedule is friggin brutal!

Haha seriously. You just saw this? That's the hardest 3 game stretch possible. Like ERU said, that was the first thing that stuck out to me. I almost have the schedule memorized at this point.

trkaline
08-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Yea when I first looked at the schedule it was like in 3-D those will be our biggest test...the toughest stretch we ever faced...especially compared to the rest of our schedule..the rest of our schedule we play some good teams...cept for the Browns.. but not like them. Chargers great offense very good D, Colts great offense not so good d, and Pat's basically stacked in both...

Ravens1991
08-25-2007, 02:41 PM
does anybody know why trkaline got banned/suspended?

ccB
08-25-2007, 02:51 PM
does anybody know why trkaline got banned/suspended?

TR is actually one of my good friends, he got suspended because he had 2 infractions. 1 for making a Chris Beniot joke and one because he he said "Thats the sh*t" Instead of letting it automatically be censored as " Thats the ****" Which I honestly think is stupid, you can use context clues to figure out whats being said anyway. We mind as well crack down on people using the censors because you can figure out any cuss word pretty easily.

Ravens1991
08-25-2007, 04:59 PM
I see at least he isn't banned I thought he was a preety decent poster.

9,000th post woot!!!!!!!!!!!!woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!woot!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

ccB
08-25-2007, 05:12 PM
I see at least he isn't banned I thought he was a preety decent poster.

9,000th post woot!!!!!!!!!!!!woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!woot!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Yeah, he just wasn't 100% familiar with the rules here.

Ravens1991
09-03-2007, 11:29 AM
I am going to get a Ravens jersey for my b-day, who should I get? I already have

Bart Scott
Ed Reed
Ray Lewis
Willis McGahee
Mark Clayton
#86 customized.

I am leaning towards Ngata.

trkaline
09-03-2007, 11:36 AM
I would say C-Mac would be a good investment...or Landry...I would get big Trevor Pryce but seein as he doesnt have much time left with us...Last year I woulda said Thomas but you'd look like a doofus so this is hard..

Ravens1991
09-03-2007, 11:42 AM
yea I took Scott over AD for Christmas because I would look like a dunce, Do they have Landry jerseys at stores? I got this Ed Reed for my b-day at that sports store in towson mall so we will need to exchange it there then get a jeresy from their I think.

ccB
09-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Get a Demetrius Williams jersey

trkaline
09-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Didn't even think about him thats not a bad idea...

Ravens1991
09-03-2007, 12:35 PM
I would love that but do they have them on sale or will I need to get it customized?

dcarey20
09-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Dawan Landry is definitely going to be my next jersey...although I'll probably have to customize on NFL shop.

BigDawg819
09-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Ok so I'm watching NFL Total Access last night and all Eisen, Faulk, and Mariucci are doing is talking about how great Adalius Thomas is. Now he's great because he plays for the Patriots? Good how I hate the media.........

trkaline
09-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Ok so I'm watching NFL Total Access last night and all Eisen, Faulk, and Mariucci are doing is talking about how great Adalius Thomas is. Now he's great because he plays for the Patriots? Good how I hate the media.........

Thats only because the media doesn't talk about anyone on our team...

BigDawg819
09-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Thats only because the media doesn't talk about anyone on our team...

Not true, Deion is still loyal to the Ravens!

trkaline
09-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Yea and so does Michael Irvin, and Shannon Sharpe, we do have a few friends...but the majority wont mention our name...

ccB
09-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Shannon Sharpe is a big supporter of the Ravens. Did anyone see the clip of him from a game when McNair went down and Boller went in? I forget what he said but it was hilarious, whatever it was it was obviously showing he was not a fan of Kyle Boller.

BigDawg819
09-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Yea and so does Michael Irvin, and Shannon Sharpe, we do have a few friends...but the majority wont mention our name...

Yeah I'm pretty sure thats what got Irvin fired.......

trkaline
09-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure thats what got Irvin fired.......

Coulda been considering were not supposed to exist unless we're playing a juggernaut team that they have to talk about then were thrown in there real quickly then they move on...

trkaline
09-07-2007, 02:36 PM
I have already seen us mentioned quadruple the times we were last season possibly because were 4th in power rankings...

Ravens1991
09-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Shannon Sharpe is a big supporter of the Ravens. Did anyone see the clip of him from a game when McNair went down and Boller went in? I forget what he said but it was hilarious, whatever it was it was obviously showing he was not a fan of Kyle Boller.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p3DVnn7bzpQ

I remember one time we went up to New England and it was the game Boller just scrambled out and dropped the football and then the TV announcer said that Billick said "the thing I like about Boller is he never makes the same mistake twice." And Sharpe bashed him for it. I think after our 6-10 season at one point Sharpe said we should fire Billick.

trkaline
09-07-2007, 03:28 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p3DVnn7bzpQ

I remember one time we went up to New England and it was the game Boller just scrambled out and dropped the football and then the TV announcer said that Billick said "the thing I like about Boller is he never makes the same mistake twice." And Sharpe bashed him for it. I think after our 6-10 season at one point Sharpe said we should fire Billick.

Billick got him a ring no respect...

Ravens1991
09-07-2007, 04:16 PM
I no there were a lot of people including me who thought we should have fired him then, but I think he should keep him now.

ChefMike
09-07-2007, 11:21 PM
People can say a lot about Billick's Offense and Billick can't develop a QB or Billick is overrated. The bottom line is we never get blown out, he keeps the Team focused on the game, he develops Head Coaches (Jack Del Rio, Mike Nolan, Marvin Lewis), he manages ego better than anyone in the league hands down, Works with the Front Office better then anyone in the league and he is great with the Fans. Billick's job is not to develop players thats the assistant coaches job to develop the talent, Billick needs to manage the entire ordeal and orchestrate a game plan to help us win and stay competitive. If you can find another HC that does that as well as he does then bring him in and see if he can do better... till then Lets not 2nd guess Ozzie and the Front Office and let them make the choice to who is going to run the Team !

BigDawg819
09-08-2007, 01:17 AM
People can say a lot about Billick's Offense and Billick can't develop a QB or Billick is overrated. The bottom line is we never get blown out, he keeps the Team focused on the game, he develops Head Coaches (Jack Del Rio, Mike Nolan, Marvin Lewis), he manages ego better than anyone in the league hands down, Works with the Front Office better then anyone in the league and he is great with the Fans. Billick's job is not to develop players thats the assistant coaches job to develop the talent, Billick needs to manage the entire ordeal and orchestrate a game plan to help us win and stay competitive. If you can find another HC that does that as well as he does then bring him in and see if he can do better... till then Lets not 2nd guess Ozzie and the Front Office and let them make the choice to who is going to run the Team !

I would like this argument more if you wouldn't have opened with his offense and then mentioned his coaching tree which are all from the defensive side. I realize you are defending Coach and I'm all for that but we all know this team isn't know for its offense.

trkaline
09-27-2007, 08:51 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BuJJa6etJtI

Ravens1991
10-13-2007, 04:27 PM
I am Matt Stover! That is a great song for our beastly Kicker I was just about to post it.

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 12:59 AM
I must say it was great to see Jarrett Johnson back in the Defensive Line rotation where he's most effective in penetration and run stuffing. I hope Rex Ryan took notice of this.

Ravens1991
10-15-2007, 03:00 PM
he is the starting OLB because we dont have anyone better yet.

I just got a authentic D-will jersey for $68.25 at the stadium and it is sweet.

dcarey20
10-15-2007, 06:46 PM
I must say it was great to see Jarrett Johnson back in the Defensive Line rotation where he's most effective in penetration and run stuffing. I hope Rex Ryan took notice of this.

True, I like seeing Jarret getting some reps on the line but he's been very effective at outside backer as well. He was in the backfield all day against the Rams, and he's been a really great piece for us.

trkaline
10-15-2007, 06:49 PM
He's not Adel but he does his job, I have nothing negative to say about Johnson he does his job...

EdReedUnstoppable
10-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Antwan Barnes needs to learn some moves, he tries to bull rush everytime and I dont think he has the strength to beat most OTs strait up, he needs to learn Boulware's spin move which I believe Boulware learned from Mike McCrary.

Ravens1991
10-15-2007, 08:49 PM
yes but he has great speed. I noticed him in the backfield a couple of times, plus I noticed he was so close to sacking the QB then he moved up in the pocket and had Ngata get him.

SuperKevin
10-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Good luck this week in what should be a pillowfight between two equally unproductive offenses. The difference maker however is the fact that you have much more consistent players on defense. Our guys may come up with some big plays but they give up just as many big plays. My guess is for this week is the Ravens win 16-6

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm thinking 24-6 Ravens over the Bills. I look for Willis to have a big game rushing, over 100 yards and 2 TD's, Kyle throwing for another and of course the obligatory Matt Stover FG.

SuperMcGee
10-16-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm thinking 24-6 Ravens over the Bills. I look for Willis to have a big game rushing, over 100 yards and 2 TD's, Kyle throwing for another and of course the obligatory Matt Stover FG.

After starting in our usual atrocious form, we've actually clamped down a bit lately. We only allowed 60 yards and a 3.2 avg against the Jets, and 76 yards with a 3.4 avg against Dallas.

BigDawg819
10-16-2007, 04:44 PM
After starting in our usual atrocious form, we've actually clamped down a bit lately. We only allowed 60 yards and a 3.2 avg against the Jets, and 76 yards with a 3.4 avg against Dallas.

I'm not slighting the Bills Defense at all with my prediction, at least I'm not trying to. But sooner or later our offense has to carry this team and every week I keep hoping for it and this week is no different.

SuperMcGee
10-16-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm not slighting the Bills Defense at all with my prediction, at least I'm not trying to. But sooner or later our offense has to carry this team and every week I keep hoping for it and this week is no different.

Well I'm not trying to slight your prediction skills, but The Bills are gonna win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO THE BILLS!!!

Sorry about that.

Also: http://www.willisistrash.com/
I already hate whoever wears one of those shirts to the game.

And it's awesome that Boller is starting (for your sake). Not so awesome that Edwards is (for my sake).

BigDawg819
10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Well I'm not trying to slight your prediction skills, but The Bills are gonna win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO THE BILLS!!!

Sorry about that.

And it's awesome that Boller is starting (for your sake). Not so awesome that Edwards is (for my sake).

Yes it is awesome and hey he can't do no worse then Tony Romo. ;)

EdReedUnstoppable
10-16-2007, 04:58 PM
he is the starting OLB because we dont have anyone better yet.

I just got a authentic D-will jersey for $68.25 at the stadium and it is sweet.

Is it a youth small? How was it only $68.25 for an authentic?

Ravens1991
10-16-2007, 05:03 PM
no the size is 50. That is what it says on the tag.

The Legend
10-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Jonathan Ogden

If Jonathan Ogden is not able to play in the Baltimore Ravens' Nov. 5 game at the Pittsburgh Steelers, the 10-time Pro Bowl tackle might not play again this season, Coach Brian Billick said Monday.

Ogden has been recovering from a hyperextended big toe that he initially injured last season and aggravated in the season opener. He has been practicing with the team in recent weeks, but has been unable to play in a game. If he still can't play after the bye (Oct. 28), then the Ravens might consider placing him on injured reserve.

Chris McAlister

Chris McAlister said he has been told by the Ravens that he will miss three weeks with a strained right knee, but the cornerback wouldn't rule out returning for the Pittsburgh Steelers game on Nov. 5.

McAlister acknowledged the knee has bothered him the past couple of weeks.

Ravens1991
10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
crap!!!!!!!

EdReedUnstoppable
10-16-2007, 10:25 PM
There have been differing reports on CMac so until the Ravens come out and say he is out Im not buyin it yet.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-16-2007, 10:26 PM

Sorry about that.

Really? Seemed like every Buffalo fan found the time to come in here and trash Willis when we got him so Im suprised by that statement.

SuperMcGee
10-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Really? Seemed like every Buffalo fan found the time to come in here and trash Willis when we got him so Im suprised by that statement.

I'm not against displaying Willis hatred, especially at the game, just that particular campaign. I hate the guy (:)), and I stand by what I see as all the fair criticism I have had towards him.

BigDawg819
10-16-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm not against displaying Willis hatred, especially at the game, just that particular campaign. I hate the guy (:)), and I stand by what I see as all the fair criticism I have had towards him.

Hey hate him all you want but its all whatever if you think about it. We got a good back and you got good draft picks. I find it kind of similar to the Raven fans attitude towards Jamal Lewis and his departure but again we're better off without him as is Buffalo. Any way with CMac out I officially withdraw my prediction for the game and am scared.

SuperMcGee
10-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey hate him all you want but its all whatever if you think about it. We got a good back and you got good draft picks. I find it kind of similar to the Raven fans attitude towards Jamal Lewis and his departure but again we're better off without him as is Buffalo. Any way with CMac out I officially withdraw my prediction for the game and am scared.

It's really a good thing when people are reasonable. And Polish.

Edwards did manage to exploit Revis for a good portion of the Jets game, hopefully he can recognize and attack the weakness with McAlister out.

BigDawg819
10-16-2007, 11:33 PM
It's really a good thing when people are reasonable. And Polish.

Edwards did manage to exploit Revis for a good portion of the Jets game, hopefully he can recognize and attack the weakness with McAlister out.

http://www.polishamericancenter.org/Pictures/hmonth1.gif

http://www.identitiesonline.com/images/pride/polishPride1.jpg

SuperMcGee
10-16-2007, 11:35 PM
As if my birthday and hockey season didn't already do it, October is officially the greatest month there is.

Ravens1991
10-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Irish>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Polish :)

Now about the game, I want to see how Trent Edwards does

dcarey20
10-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Obviously McAlister out is a huge loss, but I absolutely love Derrick Martin, as I've made clear before. Hopefully he gets the start over Corey Ivy because I'd love to see what he can do.

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 12:33 PM
My buddy is a huge Ravens homer and he's trying to tell me that the Bills injury problems are nothing compared to the Ravens and that Bills fans need to quit crying about hurt players

Ravens1991
10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
who was injured 4 the Bills?

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
who was injured 4 the Bills?

we have 9 players on IR including almost every defensive starter

Ravens1991
10-22-2007, 02:59 PM
ouch!

Both teams had some good players out.

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 03:02 PM
ouch!

Both teams had some good players out.

Buffalo is so decimated by injuries we have a guy who was a practice squad WR like 3 weeks ago starting at FS

SeanTaylorRIP
10-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Even with injuries we are a team going nowhere if we can't even beat the Bills.

Turtlepower
10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
A question for Ravens fans...

If Suggs does not return to Baltimore next year, would OLB be your #1 priority or would you still prefer a stud CB?

Ravens1991
10-24-2007, 02:30 PM
It will be who ever has the best talent at the position and our draft spot.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-25-2007, 01:50 AM
A question for Ravens fans...

If Suggs does not return to Baltimore next year, would OLB be your #1 priority or would you still prefer a stud CB?

We have Antwan Barnes to take Suggs's spot should he decide to leave us. I say we either go CB or Andre Woodson with our first pick.

dcarey20
10-25-2007, 06:58 PM
We have Antwan Barnes to take Suggs's spot should he decide to leave us. I say we either go CB or Andre Woodson with our first pick.

I know everyone wants a corner and at this point I can't blame em, but I've said for a bit now that I love Derrick Martin and I think if he gets his shot he could shine. I know the odds are probably against him but I just want him to get a shot to possibly become a starter. Andre Woodson would be a godsend, but as bad as we may look right now, I don't think we'll be that bad. I think Woodson and Brohm will fight it out to be the first quarterback taken, but both will end up top 10. I would love Matt Ryan in the first round, as of now I think we'll find ourselves in the 15-20 range, and that could be where his stock lies. 2nd round I'd like to see us go for a receiver, a guy with size and physicality who can give us some stability as a 4th receiver, because I'm not sure about Yamon and Darling will be gone. If Limas Sweed somehow slips with his season ending injury that would be amazing.

Ravens1991
10-25-2007, 07:00 PM
yea I think we need a physical WR like Anquan Boldin or Dwayne Bowe, and hopefully Ozzie works his magic and they become as good as either one of them.

neko4
10-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Is RB a concern for yall given McGahee's injury history?

Ravens1991
10-25-2007, 08:01 PM
not at all, McGahee is borderline unstoppable:) and Musa is good, plus we got PJ Daniels and Mike Anderson.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-25-2007, 08:56 PM
I think RB is a big concern for us. Not worried about Willis but we need a backup/change of pace back, I was really hoping for Lorenzo Booker cause thats somethin we need badly a smaller burner type of RB. Musa is ok but he is injury prone and is a UFA at the end of the season, mike Anderson is garbage, and PJ Daniels is now an injury concern. RB is a 2nd rd need IMO.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I think RB is a big concern for us. Not worried about Willis but we need a backup/change of pace back, I was really hoping for Lorenzo Booker cause thats somethin we need badly a smaller burner type of RB. Musa is ok but he is injury prone and is a UFA at the end of the season, mike Anderson is garbage, and PJ Daniels is now an injury concern. RB is a 2nd rd need IMO.

You should draft Anthony Aldridge. Faster than hell

neko4
10-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Danny Woodhead?
But yeah the backups are pretty garbage. If Musa could stay healthy that would be fantastic, same w/ PJ and Anderson is like 30 i think

Ravens1991
10-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Anderson gotta be 33-34 now.

dcarey20
10-26-2007, 07:03 PM

I agree, I think running back should be addressed with one of our top 3 picks. A reliable backup is definitely needed. Musa may be gone next year, along with Mike, who I don't think is garbage but is 34. P.J. is just an enigma and I don't see Cory Ross contributing in the RB department. I actually wouldn't mind us going for a back as early as the second round, kinda like the Bengals did with Kenny Irons. He has to be a good value though. It's more likely that we look at a running back second day, somewhere around the 4th round. I like Justin Forsett as a possible suitor. He's a tough runner and I just think he could be one of those guys that is a great NFL reserve back, i.e. Kevin Faulk. Who knows, with all the underclassmen running backs that could enter this draft, we could find ourselves a great steal on day 2. It'll be interesting but I agree, I want us to go after a running back in the draft who can be a stable #2 for a long time.

neko4
10-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Keon Lattimore anybody?

Ravens1991
10-26-2007, 07:07 PM
I would flip if we spend a 1st on a RB. We should re-sign Musa. CB,WR,D-line are all higher on my chart then RB

dcarey20
10-26-2007, 07:26 PM
I would flip if we spend a 1st on a RB. We should re-sign Musa. CB,WR,D-line are all higher on my chart then RB

I would flip as well, there's no way we spend a first on a RB. But a second is possible, especially if there's a guy that's a great value. I think Musa is gone next year, and I'm not too unhappy about it. I like Musa, but it wouldn't pain me one bit to see him go. A reserve running back is extremely important in today's game. Wheter your back is injury prone or not. You need a guy who can come in when ur #1 is tired, and not lose a whole lot. When Musa is in, we lose a lot. McGahee's my favorite player, but he's not invinceable. We saw him go in for an IV at Buffalo. We need a back that can come in and spell him and not lose a whole lot. Since we don't have a 3rd rounder, I want us to take a back in the 4th round or earlier. One of my favorite picks would be Felix Jones in the second, who I feel is very underrated and may be one of the top 3 backs for the draft should he come out.

Ravens1991
10-26-2007, 07:27 PM
I meant first day.

I like Lattimore, I wont mind if we give Daniels a try or look in the FA market. I want to see d-line depth, CB or a WR heck maybe a QB on the 1st day.

dcarey20
10-26-2007, 07:37 PM
I meant first day.

I like Lattimore, I wont mind if we give Daniels a try or look in the FA market. I want to see d-line depth, CB or a WR heck maybe a QB on the 1st day.

This is how I feel our top 5 needs go:

1. Defensive Line: Pryce is a force but he's not getting any younger and the depth is very questionable.

2. Wide Receiver: We need a guy who can come in and give us some stability as a 4th receiver. A physical player to complement guys like Clayton and Mason.

3. Running Back: For the reasons I already stated.

4. Quarterback: I honestly don't know how this will work out, Boller could have a future with us, all I know is if one of the big 3 (Brohm, Woodson, Ryan) falls to us in the first, they will be extremely hard to pass on.

5. Cornerback: As I've said a hundred times, I really hope we don't go corner early, because I think Derrick Martin's gonna be a stud if he gets a shot. But you can't deny corner is a bit of a concern.

Ravens1991
10-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I like that list, but I have CB a little higher.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-27-2007, 09:42 PM

Why?

He occasionally makes a play, but he is always an injury concern, and is a carbon copy of McGahee, we need a change of pace/burner back not 2 exact copies of each other.

dcarey20
10-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah I'm not sure why we would re-sign Musa. I like the guy, but he's just shown me nothing this year. As ERU said, we need a change of pace guy. A TRUE 3rd down back. It's obvious that Brian doesn't like using McGahee on third downs and Musa is not the guy for that.

Ravens1991
10-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Musa is a beast, he just had 2 freak injuries I think he can be a solid starter and is a good 3rd down back for us.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Musa is a beast, he just had 2 freak injuries I think he can be a solid starter and is a good 3rd down back for us.

Agree to disagree.....but Im right :)

SuperKevin
10-28-2007, 01:51 AM

Problem is you have a young guy starting in Willis McGahee. There is no point in keeping around a guy who is going to start asking for more money to be a backup. Cut him loose and replace him with younger cheaper talent

Troj2man
10-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Quarterback: I honestly don't know how this will work out, Boller could have a future with us, all I know is if one of the big 3 (Brohm, Woodson, Ryan) falls to us in the first, they will be extremely hard to pass on.

Add Erik Ainge to that list. He's going to be a very good NFL QB. If either of the 4 are there when we pick, you can't pass any of them up. I think the only one that will be around when we pick is Ainge. I see us picking in the late teens-mid 20's.

SuperKevin
10-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Man I got so much crap for saying the Ravens should take trent Edwards in the 1st round prior to the draft. Neuheisel was in love with the guy

EdReedUnstoppable
10-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Man I got so much crap for saying the Ravens should take trent Edwards in the 1st round prior to the draft. Neuheisel was in love with the guy

I was pulling very hard for us to take Trent Edwards with the picks we used on Yanda and Figurs, glad we got Figurs but Id rather have Edwards then Yanda.

Ravens1991
10-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Problem is you have a young guy starting in Willis McGahee. There is no point in keeping around a guy who is going to start asking for more money to be a backup. Cut him loose and replace him with younger cheaper talent

yeah I think my liking for Musa got in the way of me posting a logical thought, I would love a Lorenzo Booker style back.

I wouldnt have minded Trent Edwards he showed some skills I think he can be good. looking back I wish we would have taken him instead of Yanda, it is looking like it was a bad move trading 3 picks for Yanda, but hindsight is 20/20

bmoreravens5289
11-22-2007, 10:40 AM
The Baltimore Marching Ravens were in the Macys Thanksgiving Parade! REPRESENT!

dcarey20
11-22-2007, 10:56 PM
I wouldnt have minded Trent Edwards he showed some skills I think he can be good. looking back I wish we would have taken him instead of Yanda, it is looking like it was a bad move trading 3 picks for Yanda, but hindsight is 20/20

Yeah Edwards is a guy who I wouldn't have minded in that spot, but to be honest I feel his play and the impact he's had with the Bills has been overrated a bit and I'm not sure if I'd want him as the future guy. Yanda wasn't a bad pick. I think he's been ok, he's a good run blocker, just needs a bit of work on pass blocking. Plus he's pretty valuable. He's like a super sub in a way. It looks like Jared Gaither and Adam Terry should be the future at left and right tackle, but both haven't been lighting it up so Yanda could beat one of them out, and if he doesn't he's the primary backup. Not to mention that he'll be the primary backup at guard so if anyone outside of our center goes down, we know Yanda can step in and we won't miss much. I liked the pick of Yanda in April and I still do.

Ravens1991
11-22-2007, 11:23 PM
yea Yanda is still alright, he can be a back up LG,RG,RT, that will be nice depth for the future.

BigDawg819
11-23-2007, 01:18 AM
yea Yanda is still alright, he can be a back up LG,RG,RT, that will be nice depth for the future.

Nice comments on Yanda, but its a telling sign of our past couple of drafts. We've been mainly drafting projects and depth picks as opposed to impact players. We have too many holes on this team to take projects on the 1st day in this draft, and hopefully Ozzie and company realize this and make some offseason deals to get more picks and address these holes. If not then the 2008 season maybe more frustrating then this season has been.

Ravens1991
11-23-2007, 08:02 AM
yea mine as well just go into a full blown re-building mode, unless some how McNabb gets cut we sign him, but I say we go all out rebuilding.

BmoreBlackByrdz
11-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Nice comments on Yanda, but its a telling sign of our past couple of drafts. We've been mainly drafting projects and depth picks as opposed to impact players. We have too many holes on this team to take projects on the 1st day in this draft, and hopefully Ozzie and company realize this and make some offseason deals to get more picks and address these holes. If not then the 2008 season maybe more frustrating then this season has been.

True we have alot of needs and not enough draft picks to fill them but Im sure Ozzie will realize and make some trades.

As for McNabb, Id rather give Kyle Boller the starting job and see what he can do rather than start a aging veteran with not much left in him. I would only like to bring in McNabb if we draft a QB round 1 and bring McNabb in to mentor him.(Ryan or Woodson)

BigDawg819
11-23-2007, 03:25 PM
McNabb kind of scares me at this point, ala a Steve McNair. McNabb has definitely regressed since the Super Bowl year and has definitely shown he needs a full compliment of weapons on offense to be successful and we know we don't have that. I know I called the McNabb to Baltimore thing after the Eagles drafted Kolb with their first pick this year but now I'd be really tentative about bringing him in.

Ravens1991
11-23-2007, 03:47 PM
I agree, I think we start over and build around a QB we take in the 1st this year. If we get McNabb it will just be us trying to squeak out another contender year but I believe our window is shut.

BigDawg819
11-23-2007, 03:51 PM
I agree, I think we start over and build around a QB we take in the 1st this year. If we get McNabb it will just be us trying to squeak out another contender year but I believe our window is shut.

I'm tired of this "window" talk quite frankly. All it does is build expectations for players and fans and in the NFL too many things can go wrong to expect to only be able to compete for a 2-3 year "window". We have some guys in place at certain positions to be a solid team for years to come and Matt Stover is going to kick until he's 67 or something. We need to rid ourselves of some bloated contracts, draft a few impact studs, get a completely new offensive system and see where 2008 takes us.

Ravens1991
11-23-2007, 04:00 PM
about our new offensive system, I could actually see us developing a nice offense in the future. We have 2 stud WR, a O-line with good potential perhaps we re-work Heap deal and he gets healthy he is a quality TE and we got McGahee, we draft a young QB and if he develops to a above average QB we will have a nice offense.

BigDawg819
11-23-2007, 04:08 PM
about our new offensive system, I could actually see us developing a nice offense in the future. We have 2 stud WR, a O-line with good potential perhaps we re-work Heap deal and he gets healthy he is a quality TE and we got McGahee, we draft a young QB and if he develops to a above average QB we will have a nice offense.

Lets stop saying Clayton and DWill are "studs" until they actually prove it on the field. We as Ravens fans always overhype our players and this is no different. I mean Mason and Clayton are basically the same receiver, DWill is still unpolished, Darling had one decent game in 3 years, its not like we're set in the receiver department.

Ravens1991
11-23-2007, 04:14 PM
well I should have called them talented instead.

Ravens1991
11-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Not that anyone cares but UMD wrestling just beat University of Michigan 18-17. Michigan was #5 in the nation. WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

dcarey20
11-24-2007, 05:59 PM
McNabb kind of scares me at this point, ala a Steve McNair. McNabb has definitely regressed since the Super Bowl year and has definitely shown he needs a full compliment of weapons on offense to be successful and we know we don't have that. I know I called the McNabb to Baltimore thing after the Eagles drafted Kolb with their first pick this year but now I'd be really tentative about bringing him in.

Yeah I'm not high at all on bringing McNabb here. Like you said it could turn into a bit of a McNair situation. Not only will he cost a boatload, but I'm just not sure how good he is or would be with us.

The scenario that I want to see and I think we will probably see is us take one of the big three quarterbacks in the first (Brohm if I had my choice). Then you let Kyle start for a year and hand it over to the draft pick when Boller's contract is up. If we are unable to get any of the big 3 in the first, I think you look at the free agent market for a guy who is fairly young who can give Boller some competition for that #1 spot. If I had my choice I'd shell out a pick for Matt Cassell of the Pats.

BigDawg819
11-24-2007, 07:36 PM
My only problem with Cassell is he's never been "the guy" in college or in the pros. Yes he's had incredible talent in front of him at both places but still that doesn't mean he can be "the guy".

dcarey20
11-25-2007, 10:42 AM
My only problem with Cassell is he's never been "the guy" in college or in the pros. Yes he's had incredible talent in front of him at both places but still that doesn't mean he can be "the guy".

This is true but I personally see him as a low risk high reward type guy. Yes we'd likely have to give up a decent pick for him, but nothing outrageous and if he doesn't work out as we planned, we have a nice backup. I think we've seen how important that is this year. If he's good enough to be the top backup at QB for the best team I've ever seen, I've got to think he's good enough for us. Also keep in mind that I favor this situation if we are unable to grab one of the big 3.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-25-2007, 10:47 AM
I thought Rohan Davey was a much better backup than Cassell, but look where he is now.

dcarey20
11-25-2007, 01:18 PM
I thought Rohan Davey was a much better backup than Cassell, but look where he is now.

Davey lost his job to Cassell.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I know it's just a dream, but with the tragic passing of ST, as much as I hate to think about it, eventually we must move on and replace him and it was just a dream but if we somehow pry Dawan from you guys. The Landry brothers would be historic. They will jack you up, maybe get burn't in coverage at times but both would be the most intimidating forces in the NFL. Although they are both similar which could be a problem, I think LaRon has enough range to move around.

Ravens1991
11-28-2007, 06:14 PM
I always draft the Landry brothers when I do a madden draft.

BigDawg819
11-28-2007, 06:17 PM
I know it's just a dream, but with the tragic passing of ST, as much as I hate to think about it, eventually we must move on and replace him and it was just a dream but if we somehow pry Dawan from you guys. The Landry brothers would be historic. They will jack you up, maybe get burn't in coverage at times but both would be the most intimidating forces in the NFL. Although they are both similar which could be a problem, I think LaRon has enough range to move around.

No way we give up Dawan. Well maybe for a first rounder.... ;)

EdReedUnstoppable
11-28-2007, 06:22 PM

I'd give him up for a 2nd rounder.

BigDawg819
11-28-2007, 06:24 PM
I'd give him up for a 2nd rounder.

Truthfully I wouldn't want to part with him. Dawan is going to keep getting better and better and I don't want that to happen in Maroon and Gold.

Ravens1991
11-28-2007, 06:39 PM

we will have to wait 15 years until we get their pick:)

dcarey20
11-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Truthfully I wouldn't want to part with him. Dawan is going to keep getting better and better and I don't want that to happen in Maroon and Gold.

Nor would I. First round pick is the only thing I'd do it for. He has so many responsibilities in our defense and while he hasn't been as much of a playmaker as he was in his rookie year, but he's been solid, especially with his tackling and in the box play.

The Legend
12-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Nor would I. First round pick is the only thing I'd do it for. He has so many responsibilities in our defense and while he hasn't been as much of a playmaker as he was in his rookie year, but he's been solid, especially with his tackling and in the box play.

i think we should try to get Bob Sanders that would help our back field big time, and i dont think we can get more then a 2nd round for Dawan

and for McNabb i dont think he was even healthy i think they rush him back, but i would not be willing to give up alot for McNabb thou at top 1st Round pick nothing not that 2-3 draft pick bull...

Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn i be willing to give a 1st Round for also

dcarey20
12-01-2007, 05:32 PM
i think we should try to get Bob Sanders that would help our back field big time, and i dont think we can get more then a 2nd round for Dawan

and for McNabb i dont think he was even healthy i think they rush him back, but i would not be willing to give up alot for McNabb thou at top 1st Round pick nothing not that 2-3 draft pick bull...

Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn i be willing to give a 1st Round for also

Bob Sanders will cost a crazy amount of money no way we will get him and no way is there a need for him.

BigDawg819
12-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Come this offseason, we really need to part ways with Derrick Mason. While he's still a valuable commodity on the offense, him being here is curtailing the production and overall development of Mark Clayton. Clayton is our future and is more or less a Derrick Mason clone, so with that said we need him to step up and take over that role. With Clayton assuming the #1 slot, DWill can then be #2, we resign Devard Darling, draft a big, physical receiver (my personal favorites would be DeCody Fagg or Marcus Monk) and my surprise move is moving Todd Heap to WR full time as a #3 or #4. That way we can leave Sypniewski on the field as our full time TE and have a more explosive and balanced offensive presence on the field.

EdReedUnstoppable
12-01-2007, 11:20 PM
BTW if we get Decody Fagg and the Steelers keep William G-A-Y then my dream can come true of hearing an announcer say this.....

"Fagg drilled by G-A-Y"

Ravens1991
12-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Come this offseason, we really need to part ways with Derrick Mason. While he's still a valuable commodity on the offense, him being here is curtailing the production and overall development of Mark Clayton. Clayton is our future and is more or less a Derrick Mason clone, so with that said we need him to step up and take over that role. With Clayton assuming the #1 slot, DWill can then be #2, we resign Devard Darling, draft a big, physical receiver (my personal favorites would be DeCody Fagg or Marcus Monk) and my surprise move is moving Todd Heap to WR full time as a #3 or #4. That way we can leave Sypniewski on the field as our full time TE and have a more explosive and balanced offensive presence on the field.

No way we bench Heap for Quinn unless Heap is a full-time WR. He is to good and to expensive. Put Quinn at WR or something.

BigDawg819
12-02-2007, 10:24 AM
No way we bench Heap for Quinn unless Heap is a full-time WR. He is to good and to expensive. Put Quinn at WR or something.

You did read the part we're I said we move Heap to WR right? Come on man add some real thoughts to the post not just scan it and comment on something I said. And Sypniewski is a TE, he doesn't have the speed to be a WR at all.

Ravens1991
12-02-2007, 10:59 AM
I read the part, and it is still a dumb idea unless we go 3 WR sets like every play unless Heap starts opposite of Clayton or someone.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-02-2007, 10:59 AM
You did read the part we're I said we move Heap to WR right? Come on man add some real thoughts to the post not just scan it and comment on something I said. And Sypniewski is a TE, he doesn't have the speed to be a WR at all.

Heap is too slow to be a wideout, Quinn is good but you are severely overrating him if you'd be willing to move a top 10 TE in the game and make him a useless backup wideout. Heap doesn't have the lateral quickness to get open on a regular basis against a DB. If you were so crazy for Quinn that might as well just trade Heap.

BigDawg819
12-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Heap is too slow to be a wideout, Quinn is good but you are severely overrating him if you'd be willing to move a top 10 TE in the game and make him a useless backup wideout. Heap doesn't have the lateral quickness to get open on a regular basis against a DB. If you were so crazy for Quinn that might as well just trade Heap.

I want the best offense possible out there and frankly Heap as a TE is becoming a liability with all the poundings he's taking and him getting hurt all year. You complain about anyone who knocks Heap, why not get over your mancrush on him? He is a disciplined route runner and he's most effective as a over the middle target, a perfect fit for a slot receiver.

BigDawg819
12-02-2007, 11:05 AM
I read the part, and it is still a dumb idea unless we go 3 WR sets like every play unless Heap starts opposite of Clayton or someone.

Its not a dumb idea, its brilliant in its simplicity.

But seriously, with the suggestions I made I also assume that we would get a new offensive coordinator in the offseason. We all know our offense doesn't work so lets get a new one and get the best players out on the field.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I want the best offense possible out there and frankly Heap as a TE is becoming a liability with all the poundings he's taking and him getting hurt all year. You complain about anyone who knocks Heap, why not get over your mancrush on him? He is a disciplined route runner and he's most effective as a over the middle target, a perfect fit for a slot receiver.

Stop making stuff up this is probably the first time I have ever even posted on Heap. I'm sure if I were to post right now about how I love Matt Ryan you'd be like, "Get over your mancrush on Matt Ryan, this is the 80th time you have posted on him."

BigDawg819
12-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Stop making stuff up this is probably the first time I have ever even posted on Heap. I'm sure if I were to post right now about how I love Matt Ryan you'd be like, "Get over your mancrush on Matt Ryan, this is the 80th time you have posted on him."

Uh no.

Anytime someone brings up Sypniewski in this team thread you chime right in about Heap being a top 10 TE blah blah blah. Its always the same bs in this section no wonder hardly anyone posts. Typical response from you..........

SeanTaylorRIP
12-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Uh no.

Anytime someone brings up Sypniewski in this team thread you chime right in about Heap being a top 10 TE blah blah blah. Its always the same bs in this section no wonder hardly anyone posts. Typical response from you..........

You are so wrong but really who cares, you post just to piss people off and you are really good at it, you can never post to agree with certain people, if Ravens says something right you just won't post just to have the personal pleasure of not agreeing with him, but w/e, you are what you are.

Ravens1991
12-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Its not a dumb idea, its brilliant in its simplicity.

But seriously, with the suggestions I made I also assume that we would get a new offensive coordinator in the offseason. We all know our offense doesn't work so lets get a new one and get the best players out on the field.

how is it a good idea? Putting a very good TE who is making a ton of $ at 3rd WR for a 2nd year TE who is a 3rd stringer?

BigDawg819
12-02-2007, 11:27 AM
You are so wrong but really who cares, you post just to piss people off and you are really good at it, you can never post to agree with certain people, if Ravens says something right you just won't post just to have the personal pleasure of not agreeing with him, but w/e, you are what you are.

I love how only you can be right and yet no one else? Whatever, you can take your pathetic labels and carry on with them. Frankly I'm tired of having a long, drawn out argument with you everytime I post in here. This is sports talk junior, not everyone is going to agree with one another and yes even have differing opinions. I bring up a suggestion to change the offense and all you do is complain about people overrating Sypniewski? You talk about me trying to draw a rise out of people? Um check the mirror once in awhile, its definitely the pot calling the kettle black.

BigDawg819
12-02-2007, 11:30 AM
how is it a good idea? Putting a very good TE who is making a ton of $ at 3rd WR for a 2nd year TE who is a 3rd stringer?

I explained it a couple of posts ago but for you I'll do it again. Heap is a precise route runner and most effective as an over the middle target. Thats a perfect fit for a slot receiver and since Boller will likely be starting next year it makes sense to install an offense he's comfortable in which would be a spread offense. That way we would be running an offense with alot of 3 and 4 wide sets and still utilizing Heap in the offense and not getting him as banged up as he would if he was still a TE.

Ravens1991
12-02-2007, 11:31 AM
I love how only you can be right and yet no one else? Whatever, you can take your pathetic labels and carry on with them. Frankly I'm tired of having a long, drawn out argument with you everytime I post in here. This is sports talk junior, not everyone is going to agree with one another and yes even have differing opinions. I bring up a suggestion to change the offense and all you do is complain about people overrating Sypniewski? You talk about me trying to draw a rise out of people? Um check the mirror once in awhile, its definitely the pot calling the kettle black.

You are overrating Quinn, benching a top 10 TE for him is silly, he had only 1 good game his whole career basically.

BigDawg819
12-02-2007, 11:32 AM
You are overrating Quinn, benching a top 10 TE for him is silly, he had only 1 good game his whole career basically.

How hard is this to comprehend? I'm not benching Heap in favor of Sypniewski! I'm moving Heap to WR to save him some wear and tear that he accrues as a TE and by doing that hopefully keeping him healthy for a whole season.

BigDawg819
12-02-2007, 11:39 AM
To break up this lovefest we all seem to be on this morning, here's some Raven humor I got in the email, the email what what:

What do you call 53 people sitting around a TV watching the Superbowl??
Answer: The Baltimore Ravens

How do you keep Ravens out of your yard?
Answer: Put up goal posts

Where in Baltimore can you go in case of a tornado?
Answer: M&T Bank Stadium- There are never any touchdowns there

Why is a dollar worth more than the Baltimore Ravens?
Answer: You can still get four good quarters out of a dollar.

What do the Baltimore Ravens and a possum have in common?
Answer: They both play dead at home and get killed on the road.
What do the Ravens and the Big Bad Wolf have in common
Answer: Neither one can catch a pig skin
What do the Ravens and a hospital patient with the clap have in common
Answer: They both need a shot in the ass

What do the Baltimore Ravens and Rev. Billy Graham have in common????
Answer: They both can make over 70,000 people stand up and yell " Jesus
Christ !! "

Ravens1991
12-02-2007, 11:39 AM
It isnt hard to comprehend at all, you are moving Heap to 3rd WR, that is benching him. You dont understand what you are posting.

BigDawg819
12-02-2007, 11:42 AM
It isnt hard to comprehend at all, you are moving Heap to 3rd WR, that is benching him. You dont understand what you are posting.

I'm sorry Professor where did you get your degree again?

If we run a spread offense, we'll always have 3 WR's on the field at least, hence forth its not a benching.

Ravens1991
12-02-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry Professor where did you get your degree again?

If we run a spread offense, we'll always have 3 WR's on the field at least, hence forth its not a benching.

Why dont we just run 2 TE sets and motion out either Heap or Quinn every once in a while? It wont mean putting a player out of position.

cowboysforever
12-03-2007, 10:42 PM
I am not trying to cause trouble but you have a really stupid coaching staff.

You also have some great talent. Too bad tonite. You where the better team.

Ravens1991
12-05-2007, 02:32 PM
just saw we may get 1/2 a foot of snow!!!!!

I got out a hour early, but I am kinda bumbed about that because we are missing our 1st wrestling meet.

Ravens1991
12-24-2007, 02:10 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/rb/chrisjohnson.html

How bout Chris Johnson? I think he would compliment McGahee very well, I will watch him tonight at 8 on ESPN.

EdReedUnstoppable
12-24-2007, 03:04 PM
I believe you missed it, because that game was on last night.

Ravens1991
12-24-2007, 05:32 PM
damn it, well did he look good?

EdReedUnstoppable
12-24-2007, 05:39 PM
dont know I saw 3 seconds of it before I fell asleep and it was 38-31 ECU so maybe he had some TDs.

dcarey20
12-25-2007, 12:13 AM
ECU was up 38-31 with about 1:30 left. ECU had the ball and was about to enter Boise territory. They were milking the clock and Johnson fumbled. Boise returned the fumble 50 yards for a touchdown and tied it up. ECU ended up winning 41-38 but it was a crazy development.

As for Johnson possibly coming to the Ravens, I wouldn't mind it if it's one the second day, but Johnson will probably go 1st day with his athleticism and upside, probably 2nd round. A few weeks ago I would have been happy to go RB in round 2 but with these past few games it's clear that we cannot afford to RB that early, with the problems at corner and with our pass rush.

EdReedUnstoppable
12-25-2007, 12:53 AM
I really wish PJ Daniels hadn't gotten hurt this year I would have loved to seen wht he could have done. :(

Ravens1991
12-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Merry Christmas Brothers

Hines
12-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Best of luck Sunday.

Ravens1991
12-26-2007, 12:20 PM
same to u...

The Legend
01-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Ravens get another Pro Bowler add to the list

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=29854

Gay Ork Wang
01-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Guys lighten me up:

Would u guys be happy or should/will the Ravens choose a 1st Round QB?

Ravens1991
01-05-2008, 01:12 PM
we need a CB so I will be a little upset. Plus I think Troy Smith can do good.

go_ravens94
01-05-2008, 03:25 PM
I believe the Ravens always go BPA. Go CB to make me happy though. :)

EdReedUnstoppable
01-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Draft needs.....

1. CB
2. DE
3. C
4. Safety Depth
5. OL Depth

Ravens1991
01-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I would say WR instead of C just because Chester is still extremly raw, he never played C in his life and he is being asked to play it in the NFL. granted I am more optimistic then anybody on this board.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
I would say WR instead of C just because Chester is still extremly raw, he never played C in his life and he is being asked to play it in the NFL. granted I am more optimistic then anybody on this board.

He played C at Oklahoma.

Bills2083
01-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Do you think you'll be able to retain Suggs?
According to this (http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/106327), he would really like to go play in Arizona

Ravens1991
01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
ERU, yes he did play C for like 2 games I believe.

Bills I woud want us to franchise him then trade him.

BigDawg819
01-11-2008, 03:48 PM
ERU, yes he did play C for like 2 games I believe.

Bills I woud want us to franchise him then trade him.

The only way I see Chester being able to develop into a quality starting C is for him to truly have hold of the job and with Flynn still in the fold thats just not happening. Maybe Chris can develop into a starter but then again maybe he's just quality backup at G and C. To me this is a make or break season coming up for him.

As for Suggs, if Arizona wants to give up the 1st's for him then take it in a heartbeat.

dcarey20
01-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I still have some faith in Chester, I think he needs to be given the center job and a chance to develop some game expierience. This year was near was disastrous for him but I he can't be too much worse than Flynn.

go_ravens94
01-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Chester looks to be a good, not great player.

Ravens1991
01-16-2008, 11:10 AM
How would you feel if we traded for Roy Williams WR from DET? He doesn't like DET and he is a young talented #1 WR. I dont know what we would have to give up for him but I would do it. We could trade down to get Mike Jenkins CB and then w/ our 2nd and some other stuff trade for Roy.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Im all for bringing in anyone that resembles a true #1 WR and Roy does resemble that so go get him.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Look Outside Fellas!!!

Its A Blizzard In Baltimore!!!!

Ravens1991
01-17-2008, 12:50 PM
yes I got off today and tommorow for school plus Monday for MLK, I have a wrestling meet tommorow and a tourney on Saturday that I dont feel like going to at all so hopefully they cancel it all.

Ravens1991
01-29-2008, 04:45 PM
I just saw in the paper that JO will consider retirement.

BigDawg819
01-29-2008, 05:13 PM
I just saw in the paper that JO will consider retirement.

And this surprises you why exactly?

Ravens1991
01-29-2008, 08:46 PM
I never said it surprised me.

BigDawg819
01-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I never said it surprised me.

Well it seemed to me that you might have been shocked by this same song and dance that JO has been playing for years now. Great career JO, now retire off to Las Vegas.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-30-2008, 03:55 AM
We should make that ***** retire, stop jerkin us around fuckhead!

The Legend
02-14-2008, 03:46 PM
just wondering would you guys take Zach Thomas over Bart Scott lol
just was bored and wondering idk i wouldnt mind him and lewis
i think i would be pretty cool for two great linebacker side by side

Also did anyone else think it was intresting that Chad Johnsonw as wearing a Ravens hat have during that practice?

also did a intreview with ray lewis

EdReedUnstoppable
02-14-2008, 04:17 PM
I would take basically any LB in the league over Bart Scott, and Im not even gonna get my hopes up about Chad because there is no chance he is gonna be a Raven.

Ravens1991
02-14-2008, 05:35 PM
what during the pro bowl practice Chad Johnson was wearing a Ravens hat? either way CIN wont trade a top 5 WR to their rival but one can only dream.

The Beast in the East
02-14-2008, 08:04 PM
i really dont think we have the cap space anyways and hes definitely gonna want a ton more then we'd be able to give him. Would be pretty sweet though...

Troj2man
02-20-2008, 12:49 AM
what during the pro bowl practice Chad Johnson was wearing a Ravens hat? either way CIN wont trade a top 5 WR to their rival but one can only dream.

It's really no big deal. Players wear different teams hats all the time at the pro bowl. For instance Ed Reed was wearing Peyton Manning's helmet during a practice.

Ravens1991
02-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Calais Campell DE from da U just ran a 5.04 40 in the combine, do you think he could be there at our second? if so would you take him? I personally would deeply consider it.

dcarey20
02-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Calais Campell DE from da U just ran a 5.04 40 in the combine, do you think he could be there at our second? if so would you take him? I personally would deeply consider it.

Eh, no from me. I wouldn't touch Calais in the first 2 rounds at this point. Any hype he has now is from the way he played in his junior year and the fact that he's 6'8". He's still a raw prospect who seriously needs to refine his pass rushing skills, and with his combine performance it's clear he's not even the athlete that we were expecting.