PDA

View Full Version : Pats taking a QB?

Babylon
04-16-2008, 06:10 PM
I only saw the lead in to sportscenter but they were talking about New England taking a QB. Anyone care to enlighten me on that possibility?

proshoota25
04-16-2008, 08:51 PM
thats not what they were discussing. they were saying what the patriots would do if ryan was available at #7, theyre options of trading up/down, not him being taken. i could see a late round pick, say a colt brennan, in the sixth round who could get a look

Babylon
04-16-2008, 11:19 PM
thats not what they were discussing. they were saying what the patriots would do if ryan was available at #7, theyre options of trading up/down, not him being taken. i could see a late round pick, say a colt brennan, in the sixth round who could get a look

That makes sense.

Nalej
04-17-2008, 01:46 PM
I was just about to say that... Colt Brennan in the late rounds.
Especially since we running a spread type offense as of lately.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-17-2008, 03:23 PM
I would love to have Colt Brennan in New England, but I think they need to go out and get a quality veteran backup. If god forbid Tom got hurt I can't see the team being left in the hands of Matt Cassel or a rookie. I can't think of a veteran off the top of my head to bring in, but I am sure there are some guys out there.

If worse comes to worse they could always call up Vinny Testaverde to get off his couch and come take a few snaps.:)

I would have no problem with the Patriots taking a QB in the 6th or 7th round, but I think a veteran backup is needed for security reasons.

ctpatsfan77
04-18-2008, 08:12 AM
I would love to have Colt Brennan in New England, but I think they need to go out and get a quality veteran backup. If god forbid Tom got hurt I can't see the team being left in the hands of Matt Cassel or a rookie. I can't think of a veteran off the top of my head to bring in, but I am sure there are some guys out there.

If worse comes to worse they could always call up Vinny Testaverde to get off his couch and come take a few snaps.:)

I would have no problem with the Patriots taking a QB in the 6th or 7th round, but I think a veteran backup is needed for security reasons.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but clearly the Pats don't agree: they started 2006 with Cassel as the only other QB on the roster, and last year they kept Gutierrez over Testaverde, and didn't even bother to sign a veteran. I'm guessing that means they like the QBs they've got.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-18-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm not saying you're wrong, but clearly the Pats don't agree: they started 2006 with Cassel as the only other QB on the roster, and last year they kept Gutierrez over Testaverde, and didn't even bother to sign a veteran. I'm guessing that means they like the QBs they've got.

I see what you are saying, but do you feel confident with Matt Gutierrez or Matt Cassel taking the reins of the 1st team offense? We saw how Matt Cassel looked against the Dolphins, albeit his only action, but he did not look good. I personally would like to see someone with more experience on the roster just in case an emergency happens.

Jay
04-19-2008, 09:59 AM
I don't know if they really need to take a QB this year, even as a training camp body. I am pretty sure they are happy with Cassell and Gutierez to the point that they can just bring in another UDFA like they did last year...

Boston'sWhizKid
04-21-2008, 03:54 PM
How long do you think Brady is going to hold up? I'm sure its early to be talking about this but he will be 31 when the season starts and we dont know if he can play until 34 or 42 so we should start thinking in advance for a QB for the future as Cassle isn't the answer.

Jay
04-21-2008, 05:58 PM
When Brady is about 35, I'll worry about grooming his successor. Until that point, it's an after thought.

proshoota25
04-21-2008, 06:48 PM
When Brady is about 35, I'll worry about grooming his successor. Until that point, it's an after thought.

agreed its way too soon to think about it, and i dont want to, im cringing to the thought of a qb other than brady