PDA

View Full Version : My final pre draft Chiefs Mock (with JA trade)

T-RICH49
04-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Minnesota trades 2008 1st and 2nd and 2009 3rd for Jared Allen

Round 1. Branden Albert, OG/T, Virginia
Round 1.(F/Min) Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee St
Round 2. Chilo Rachal, OG, USC
Round 2. (f/MIN) Jordy Nelson, WR, K-State
Round 3. Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU
Round 4. Donnie Avery, WR/KR, Houston
Round 5.(f/MIA) Josh Johnson, QB, San Diego
Round 5. Fernando Velasco, OC/G, Georgia
Round 6. Adam Krauss, OG, Michigan
round 6.(f/TB) Taylor Melhaff, K, Wisconsin
Round 7. Mike Cox, FB, Georgia Tech
Round 7.(f/NYG) Xavier Omon, RB, Northwest Missouri St

villagewarrior
04-18-2008, 11:01 AM
I like it, except for 2 things.

1: I don't think you can take Albert and Rachal. What if Albert can't play tackle? We have used a 1st and a 2nd round pick on two guards. I just can't support that. I'd go with Nicks in round 2.

2: If you trade Jared Allen, you need to use a premium pick on a DL. I personally like Merling, but we need to bring somebody in.

1a. Branden Albert
1b. Phillip Merling
2a. Carl Nicks
2b and down. You're good.

Also, I guess I'm ok with using a late 7th rounder on Omon, but, really, the guy isn't going to do anything. UDFA.

T-RICH49
04-18-2008, 11:12 AM
I am not as sold on Nicks as much as I used to be.

vidae
04-18-2008, 11:36 AM
1: I don't think you can take Albert and Rachal. What if Albert can't play tackle? We have used a 1st and a 2nd round pick on two guards. I just can't support that. I'd go with Nicks in round 2.

Brian Waters is getting up there in age. We will need to have a replacement for him very soon and if Rachal needs a year in the pros to learn under him to become his eventual replacement, I don't see it as a bad thing.

vidae
04-18-2008, 11:38 AM
I like your mock, but I think I'd prefer something like this:

1a. Vernon Gholston or Chris Long
1b. Chris Williams or Jeff Otah. I think one of them will fall to us there.
2a. Antoine Cason or Brandon Flowers. One of them will be there.
2b. Chilo Rachal

The rest of the list is fine. I think Rachal will be there in the middle of round two and I'll be 100% honest, I don't buy DRC as an elite prospect. If we were going to take a corner in round one I'd much rather it be someone like Mike Jenkins. I think Jordy can be picked up early round three.

Also, does anyone think we'll kick Turk McBride out to DE and take Dorsey or Ellis with our first pick?

Solid mock though T-Rich, I like Albert a lot.

bored of education
04-18-2008, 11:46 AM
1a. Matt Ryan
1b. Jeff Otah
2a. Early Doucet
2b. Lawrence Jackson
3. Terrel Thomas
4. Eric Young
5a. Dexter Jackson
5b. Jermichael Finley
6a. Darnell Terrell
7a. Thaddeus Coleman
7b. Drew Miller

bored of education
04-18-2008, 11:50 AM
B
1a. Chris Long/Ghoslton
1b. Chris Williams/Otah
2a. Early Doucet/Caldwell
2b. Chilo Rachal
3. Terrell Thomas/Tyvon Branch
4. John David Booty
the same throughout

villagewarrior
04-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Brian Waters is getting up there in age. We will need to have a replacement for him very soon and if Rachal needs a year in the pros to learn under him to become his eventual replacement, I don't see it as a bad thing.

Brian Waters turned 31 two months ago. Offensive linemen typically are able to play in to their late thirties. At the very least I think Waters has 4 years left, so you want to draft two guards to play one spot and let the other sit on the bench for 4 years? You don't do that with a second round pick. Waters isn't that old, and with the exception of one knee injury has been very healthy.

vidae
04-18-2008, 03:22 PM
No, I like Albert a lot but I'm leaning more towards other players than him as our pick. I want Rachal in the second, but someone else (Gholston/Long/Ryan) in the first.