PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of Peterson?

mtmock
02-26-2007, 06:09 PM
His brother died yesterday before his excellent combine...and he knew...he can play under tough circumstances. Says he wants to be a cowboy. What do you guys think about trading up. what do you think it would take and would you do it?
i would include JJ in the deal
our first rounder and a #2 next year

bigmac076
02-26-2007, 06:19 PM
His brother died yesterday before his excellent combine...and he knew...he can play under tough circumstances. Says he wants to be a cowboy. What do you guys think about trading up. what do you think it would take and would you do it?
i would include JJ in the deal
our first rounder and a #2 next year
not gonna happen

Staubach12
02-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Is this a joke? It's impossible. Our 1st, 2nd next year, and JJ wouldn't be half of what's needed to move up to 3.

bigmac076
02-26-2007, 06:20 PM
its a pipe dream, nothing more

Man_Of_Steel
02-26-2007, 06:22 PM
I really cant see that happening

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 06:55 PM
I would love it, and I posted in the draft thread that he weanted to be a Cowboy, but I doubt it happens.

I would love it though, he is gonna be better than Eric Dickerson.

If we traded our first, our second, next years second, and JJ, would that work? If so, I would be ALL for it.

D-Unit
02-26-2007, 06:58 PM
We'd have to trade Ware to get him.

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Then forget it, HELL NO!!!!!!

mtmock
02-26-2007, 07:12 PM
thats a odd statement...?

bigmac076
02-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Yea right that wouldn't happen ...WAKE UP! it wouldn't take that much...mostly draft picks...thats the dumbest statement iv'e heard
pipe dreams, dont waste your time thinking about it.

D-Unit
02-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Yea right that wouldn't happen ...WAKE UP! it wouldn't take that much...mostly draft picks...thats the dumbest statement iv'e heard
That's the dummest statement I ever heard. I mean really.... You say it would take mostly draft picks? LMAO. Cleveland wants to take him at #3. How many of our draft picks do you think we have to toss in to make it worth Cleveland's pick? ...and don't throw in easily replaceable players like Julius Jones to try to make the trade seem feasible.

If you want the #3 pick, you better believe it would take a player like Ware. WAKE UP!!!!

TNewFan41
02-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Or Newman, they need a CB, so no way.

KILLERSANTA
02-26-2007, 08:20 PM
If it did happen..I would be happy....:)

sweetness34
02-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Then forget it, HELL NO!!!!!!

What you actually thought he'd drop to you? *tisk tisk tisk*

AP is all but a top 5 lock, and most likely a top 10 lock right now. If he starts to drop, some team will trade up for him.

But I don't see AP getting past Cleveland at #3. It'd be just like me hoping that Laron Landry or Joe Thomas drops to us at #31.

mtmock
02-26-2007, 09:09 PM
???????????

mtmock
02-26-2007, 09:12 PM
If it did happen..I would be happy....:)
I would be too. people act as if i was screamin trade for him...just wanted to know wat people thought. then i hear dumb statement's :D

Damix
02-26-2007, 09:23 PM
R U ********! WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A YOUNG PRO BOWL PLAYER WAS TRADED FOR A TOP PICK! NEVER! IT WOULDN'T TAKE MORE THAN A #1 2 #2'S AND A jj TYPE PLAYER. YOU ACT AS IF WERE TRADING FOR LT OR FITZGERALD...LOOK AROUND AND TELL ME THE LAST TIME A TEAM TRADE A STAR PLAYER PLUS THAT MANY PICK'S FOR A SINGLE PICK. I AM DONE TALKIN TO YOU ANYONE ELSE WITH AN OUNCE OF FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE I AM HERE LET'S TALK. I DIDN'T EVEN SAY I WANTED AD AND YOU MAKE A DUMB STATEMENT. I CAN'T HANDLE THE STUPIDITY.

I can't handle your stupidity, you have no sense of value.

bigmac076
02-26-2007, 09:26 PM
I would be too. people act as if i was screamin trade for him...just wanted to know wat people thought. then i hear dumb statement's :D
proposing that we even try to trade up to get him is a dumb statement.

mtmock
02-26-2007, 09:36 PM
you know what's dumb when people like you sit around to do nothing but shred other's idea's .

Im_a_Romosexual
02-26-2007, 09:37 PM

I was thinking the same thing

sweetness34
02-26-2007, 09:41 PM
you know what's dumb when people like you sit around to do nothing but shred other's idea's . be creative think of something original.

Creative and original is one thing. Proposing something that'll never happen is another.

Hey, while we're at it. Why don't I propose us trading up for Calvin Johnson. It'd be really cool.

Staubach12
02-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Look at the trade value chart. It's official. All the teams use it. It says that it would take our first round pick for the next three years. It's unrealistic. Jones would warrent a secon. So he's worth, what, 200 points on the chart? That still means our first for the next 3 years and 2 2nds. Come on, get a clue.

mtmock
02-26-2007, 09:45 PM
how many times do i have to say this ...here it goes...I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE WAS A POSSIBILITY OF US GETTING HIM ...I DIDNT SAY DO IT OR WE HAVE TO I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT IT WOULD TAKE AND IF IT WAS REALISTIC! READ MY POST DONT RAG ON ME FOR SOMETHING I NEVER SAID!

bigmac076
02-26-2007, 09:48 PM
you know what's dumb when people like you sit around to do nothing but shred other's idea's . be creative think of something original.
Heres an original idea for ya Einstien. Instead of trading away a bunch of first day picks just to upgrade a position that we have very few problems at, let spend our picks on positions that are lacking. We have positions where we need to get younger at as well, and guess what? Barber at age 23, Jones age 25, and Thompson age 25. Running Back is not one of those positions buddy. The only reason I'm shredding your idea is because it is ridiculous. You may not think so, but it looks like the majority agrees, Peterson is not a possibility.

mtmock
02-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Heres an original idea for ya Einstien. Instead of trading away a bunch of first day picks just to upgrade a position that we have very few problems at, let spend our picks on positions that are lacking. We have positions where we need to get younger at as well, and guess what? Barber at age 23, Jones age 25, and Thompson age 25. Running Back is not one of those positions buddy. The only reason I'm shredding your idea is because it is ridiculous. You may not think so, but it looks like the majority agrees, Peterson is not a possibility.

i'm done saying this just read my ORIGINAL POST! I never said i wanted HIM!

Paul
02-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Straight up trade for Matt Mcbriar sounds good.

TH3
02-26-2007, 09:54 PM
0.00% possiblity unless he sufffers an injury and drops

mtmock
02-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Straight up trade for Matt Mcbriar sounds good.
lol :)
0.00% possiblity unless he sufffers an injury and drops
Thanks for answering my Q at least :)

jbsg02
02-28-2007, 01:38 AM
maybe we have a shot at him in FA in several years, then maybe we'll see if he really wants to be a cowboy

thule
02-28-2007, 02:14 AM
After the combine...we have no shot of landing him. Had Lynch performed better than he did...he could have pushed peterson down the board a bit and we would have actually had a chance had we really wanted him. But yes now it is out of the question.

M.O.T.H.
02-28-2007, 03:18 AM
Didnt read the responses but, why do we need another RB? I'm a huge Peterson fan but, come on we are set at RB for a long time. When you talk about needs, RB shouldnt even be mentioned.

thule
02-14-2008, 04:34 AM
Great MOTH saying RB isn't a need anytime soon....12 months later he is one of the strongest McFadden supporters :P...so fun to look back at the times.

M.O.T.H.
02-14-2008, 04:47 AM
Great MOTH saying RB isn't a need anytime soon....12 months later he is one of the strongest McFadden supporters :P...so fun to look back at the times.

haha...this was when I was still on the Julius wagon...but, slowly as time went on...I was all over AD and Lynch by draft time. After the AD rumors started popping up.

A couple days before the draft, D and I were calling for Lynch...and I was still praying for AD.

I went threw so many fazes last year...I wanted Meachem for a long time as well...if you remember. This year I'm staying packed. haha.

Yall remember the Nelson vs Meriweather vs Griffin war? ha.

LonghornsLegend
02-14-2008, 11:40 AM
I would of welcomed lynch, that would of been nice, but I can only imagine JJ whining that he had to be on the bench all year...too bad we didnt have two picks this draft, because we could of moved up once AD slipped past 5

D-Unit
02-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I still think Lynch will have a better career than AD. Just watch, AD's career will be riddled with injury. He didn't even have an injury free rookie season (and that was as a part time rotational player). AD will have higher highs, but overall body of work... Lynch will be more reliable and steady.

thule
02-14-2008, 03:02 PM
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/74229259.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935A6DEC864C2BC5D9B667FE0C24969E4C 284831B75F48EF45
http://4.content.collegehumor.com/d1/ch6/e/2/collegehumor.049085be2c5554569aec17a21d76aeb8.jpg
Such a thug...I can't believe you would want him on your team.

thule
02-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Charles isn't as bad...he could join Newman in the braces club.
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2008/01/02/image3667986.jpg

D-Unit
02-14-2008, 03:09 PM
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/74229259.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935A6DEC864C2BC5D9B667FE0C24969E4C 284831B75F48EF45
http://4.content.collegehumor.com/d1/ch6/e/2/collegehumor.049085be2c5554569aec17a21d76aeb8.jpg
Such a thug...I can't believe you would want him on your team.
Haha... You wanted Brandon Meriweather right? I wouldn't talk. ;)

LonghornsLegend
02-14-2008, 03:10 PM
I still think Lynch will have a better career than AD. Just watch, AD's career will be riddled with injury. He didn't even have an injury free rookie season (and that was as a part time rotational player). AD will have higher highs, but overall body of work... Lynch will be more reliable and steady.

Well if we were planning on keeping Barber in a rotation id take AD with his highs, our offensive line was just as beastly and we actually had a dangerous passing game to key on, he would of had alot more lanes to run through with us.

Ward
02-14-2008, 03:11 PM

And the HOF is full of guys who were the best ever, not guys who had steady careers. AD will be one of the best ever.

bigmac076
02-14-2008, 03:17 PM
haha...this was when I was still on the Julius wagon...but, slowly as time went on...I was all over AD and Lynch by draft time. After the AD rumors started popping up.

A couple days before the draft, D and I were calling for Lynch...and I was still praying for AD.

I went threw so many fazes last year...I wanted Meachem for a long time as well...if you remember. This year I'm staying packed. haha.

Yall remember the Nelson vs Meriweather vs Griffin war? ha.

I remember I was praying for Aaron Ross or Leon Hall.

D-Unit
02-14-2008, 03:18 PM
And the HOF is full of guys who were the best ever, not guys who had steady careers. AD will be one of the best ever.
Yeah? Like who? Christian Okoye? If only... now that guy was a beast! He's not in the Hall.

Emmitt himself got in the Hall because was more reliable and steady than just a pure amazing talent.

Unless AD changes the way he runs, chop chop... TIMBERRRR!!! It's inevitable.

D-Unit
02-14-2008, 03:19 PM
I like Ross a lot. Hated Hall.

DHVF
02-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Lol, Lynch missed more time due to injury this year than did Peterson.

Ward
02-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Yeah? Like who? Christian Okoye? If only... now that guy was a beast! He's not in the Hall.

Emmitt himself got in the Hall because was more reliable and steady than just a pure amazing talent.

Gale Sayers immediately comes to mind.

Also Emmitt set the record at the time for most TDs in a season. I'd call that being the greatest of your era. But you've got your mind made up so this convo is pointless. Thanks DHVF for point out how the Lynch/AD comparison is ridiculous.

Also, please check the Admin board. I hope you're not ignoring JBond's post.

D-Unit
02-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Lol, Lynch missed more time due to injury this year than did Peterson.
He also played way more. In a fulltime role, AD will be more susceptible to injury. You guys should always keep his touches limited for his own good.

M.O.T.H.
02-14-2008, 03:45 PM

I was big on Hall and Houston. My only real grub w/ Ross was that he was already 25. So, I would have preferred one of the other two.

D-Unit
02-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Gale Sayers immediately comes to mind.

Also Emmitt set the record at the time for most TDs in a season. I'd call that being the greatest of your era. But you've got your mind made up so this convo is pointless. Thanks DHVF for point out how the Lynch/AD comparison is ridiculous.

Also, please check the Admin board. I hope you're not ignoring JBond's post.
Well, I certainly am not a predictor of the future and won't claim to be.

I simply think that AD's running style makes him much more susceptible to injury than Lynch. Now of course, injury could happen regardless of running style, but it is what it is. AD is a better talent, no doubt. Just comes with greater risk.

Ward
02-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Well, I certainly am not a predictor of the future and won't claim to be.

I'm not sure which D-Unit to believe.

D-Unit
02-14-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure which D-Unit to believe.
I think that he's heading for more time on the inactive list if he doesn't change, but I don't know when.

thule
02-15-2008, 01:17 AM
Haha... You wanted Brandon Meriweather right? I wouldn't talk. ;)

I don't remember wanting Meriweather...but as draft started to near I started to come to the realization that he could a cowboy and tolerated the selection...