PDA

View Full Version : Lions draft choices

norsemenfootball
04-18-2008, 09:52 PM
i am an diehard lion fan and i was wondering what you guy think about the hawaii QB Colt Brennan drafting him in the 7th round because of his poor performance in the sugar bowl. I also wanted to ask if they don't draft him do you think Drew Stanton is the right choice to back up Jon Kitna. O and i like marcus howard the DE/ILB from Georiga any possiblty of him getting drafted. and what about tashard choice from GT. their are alot of sleepers in this years draft but i think we should draft an OL if they are still there Chris Willaims?? Jeff Otah?? please respond

detknowitall
04-18-2008, 10:35 PM
i am an diehard lion fan and i was wondering what you guy think about the hawaii QB Colt Brennan drafting him in the 7th round because of his poor performance in the sugar bowl. I also wanted to ask if they don't draft him do you think Drew Stanton is the right choice to back up Jon Kitna. O and i like marcus howard the DE/ILB from Georiga any possiblty of him getting drafted. and what about tashard choice from GT. their are alot of sleepers in this years draft but i think we should draft an OL if they are still there Chris Willaims?? Jeff Otah?? please respond

If the Lions draft Colt Brennan Id be very upset. You have your backup in Stanton. Stanton isnt the wrong guy to back him up. You havent seen what Stanton can do yet, so its premature to say that he's not the guy.

detroit4life
04-18-2008, 10:47 PM
brennan would immediatly be cut or placed on the practice squad he'd have zero chance of making the roster so why draft him

asmitty45
04-19-2008, 10:15 PM
If the Lions draft Colt Brennan Id be very upset. You have your backup in Stanton. Stanton isnt the wrong guy to back him up. You havent seen what Stanton can do yet, so its premature to say that he's not the guy.

Stanton just needs an opportunity to play and I think he'll prove his haters wrong.

Brennan will get picked before the 7th and it wont be by the Lions, give him a shot in a WC and he might be alright, maybe a good fit it Philly if DMcNabb gets traded

Addict
04-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Stanton just needs an opportunity to play and I think he'll prove his haters wrong.

Brennan will get picked before the 7th and it wont be by the Lions, give him a shot in a WC and he might be alright, maybe a good fit it Philly if DMcNabb gets traded

Kevin Kolb says hello.

TacticaLion
04-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Kevin Kolb says hello.

Tell him I said hi. How's he doing?

Addict
04-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Tell him I said hi. How's he doing?

Will do. He's doing great, still trying to get facial reconstructive surgury

P-L
04-20-2008, 09:09 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to it. I would bet money that this is Jon Kitna's last year with the team. I don't know if any of you caught it, but Pro Football Weekly reported earlier this month that a handful of people in the Lions organization already think Drew Stanton is the best Quarterback on the team. Colt Brennan is a probably a 4th or 5th Round talent. If he's there in the 7th Round, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him. Stanton should be the starter by the end of the year, Kitna should be released at the end of the year, then Brennan and Orlovsky could compete for the back-up spot.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-20-2008, 09:55 PM
I'd keep Kitna at a reduced salary as a backup for 2009. He knows the system and if Stanton(who's had some injuries) went down in 09 then, we know Kitna could be adequate in filling in. Kitna relinquished the role in Cincy in 2005. He can do it again in Detroit.

Too bad Stanton missed all of last season. It could have been an open competition this year if he had some quality playing time. But Kitna's still the guy unless it falls apart early like in 2006.

detroit4life
04-20-2008, 10:54 PM
theres no way we take 4 QBs on our roster aka its a wasted draft pick

SINCE1978
04-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Fellas, remember 2005? A quick refresher of "Who am I?" ... A Rainbow Warrior from Hawaii. Play's QB. Undersized but attempts 85 passes a game under June Jones. Broke every major throwing record in D1 football (17,183 yds & 117 TD's) BUT did not make the Lions final roster as a clipboard holding back-up and currenlty plays in the CFL. Give up? Hi, my name is Timmy Chang!

Mr. Chang meat Mr. Brennan.

Stanton will prove his worth, give him time.