PDA

View Full Version : Trading Block

eaglesfan_45
04-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Who is on the trading block?
Who do you guys think will be traded?
Who are some of the smaller names on the block?

These things are all over the place and I think this thread could be useful.

vidae
04-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Well, Jared Allen definitely is. Who knows when/if he'll get traded, but it looks like it'll happen.

Flyboy
04-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Jeremy Shockey?

M.O.T.H.
04-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Maybe Akin Ayodele and Bobby Carpenter for Dallas. That's about it though, Spears seemed to be available a few months ago but, they've pulled him off the market.

LonghornsLegend
04-19-2008, 01:06 AM
I wouldn't mind keeping Spears, he's a bust in terms of 1st rd talent but he's damn good vs the run, if we can sub him out on certain passing downs I'd be fine with that...I would prefer to ship Carpenter, he's just a ST player, who knows how good he is, but that picks a bust, I'd welcome any package and a pick we could with him.

Akin is certainly gone, he makes the most sense to get an offer for as I could see him get cut...He's the odd man out because Burnett certainly outplayed him, so if the right deal comes along I think we would start by offering him.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-19-2008, 01:11 AM
We know Fabian Washington is out on the market, but I have no idea if he'll be dealt or not. If things fall a certain way on draft day, some teams might prefer to send a 3rd rounder to Oakland instead of spending it on a rookie.

M.O.T.H.
04-19-2008, 01:13 AM
I wouldn't mind keeping Spears, he's a bust in terms of 1st rd talent but he's damn good vs the run, if we can sub him out on certain passing downs I'd be fine with that...I would prefer to ship Carpenter, he's just a ST player, who knows how good he is, but that picks a bust, I'd welcome any package and a pick we could with him.

Akin is certainly gone, he makes the most sense to get an offer for as I could see him get cut...He's the odd man out because Burnett certainly outplayed him, so if the right deal comes along I think we would start by offering him.

Who knows what's gonna happen w/ Akin? He continues to say that he will beat out Thomas and be starting for us again next year. Yeah, I'm not so sure he even gets that chance.

Oaktown1981
04-19-2008, 03:39 AM
Most Raider fans think Washington will be traded on draft day..

If McFadden is draft by the Raiders I could see Dominic Rhodes getting traded maybe for a 5th round pick.

Yatta!
04-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Lito Shepherd and Chad Johnson are names that spring to mind...

drmoyer421
04-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Even though the Bills have publicly said he is not...

JP Losman has been rumored to be on the trading block.

Probably will go to some team that misses out on thier guy in that 2nd tier of QBs in this years draft.

diabsoule
04-19-2008, 11:00 AM
DT Dewayne Robertson is also on the market.

I really wouldn't mind the Saints inquiring about the price for Ayodele or Carpenter depending on the draft goes. The same for Fabian Washington, we could really use him on D.

BaLLiN
04-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Jeremy Shockey is kindof sortof on the market

eaglesfan_45
04-20-2008, 06:33 PM
The Eagles could be looking to trade Ryan Moats and Jerome McDougle

Young Nasty Man
04-20-2008, 07:07 PM
jets got DRob on the list....

JagHombre22
04-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Matt Jones and Khalif Barnes could both be moved during the draft...

eaglesfan_45
04-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Jason Taylor
Roy Williams

stl9erfan
04-21-2008, 07:59 PM
For the Niners, I would not be shocked if Jonas Jennings got traded. Of course, that's going to have a lot to do with how the early draft plays out-- if SF can get a player they like for the RT spot and gets offered a decent package of picks in return for Jennings though, I definitely think it could happen.

proshoota25
04-21-2008, 08:06 PM
i cant really name anyone on the patriots that would be on the block

A Perfect Score
04-21-2008, 08:19 PM
there are definately a few players out there id like teh ravens to inquire about, namely lito shepperd and fabian washington. however, a guy like marcus spears, at the right price, would look good in a ravens uniform as well. that said, i wouldnt give anything more then a mid round pick for spears or washington, and i wouldnt give our first rounder for shepperd. those are the guys mentioned in this thread so far. i would also love for matt jones to come to balitmore to a mid round pick. there is just too much talent there for him not to succeed...

but of course, we wont pull the trigger on any of those, its more likely we will trade up for matt ryan and then you can read about my suicide in the papers.

eaglesfan_45
04-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Anquan Boldin

Yatta!
04-23-2008, 07:01 AM
So far players mentioned in this thread are:

JP Losman, QB, Buffalo Bills
Dominic Rhodes, RB, Oakland Raiders
Chad Johnson, WR, Cincinnati Bengals
Roy Williams, WR, Detroit Lions
Anquan Boldin, WR, Arizona Cardinals
Matt Jones, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars
Jeremy Shockey, TE, New York Giants
Khalif Barnes, OT, Jacksonville Jaguars
Jonas Jennings, OT, San Francisco 49ers
Dewayne Robertson, DT, New York Jets
Bobby Carpenter, LB, Dallas Cowboys
Akin Ayodele, LB, Dallas Cowboys
Fabian Washington, CB, Oakland Raiders
Roman Harper, S, New Orleans Saints

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2008, 08:39 AM
So far players mentioned in this thread are:

Dominic Rhodes, RB, Oakland Raiders
Chad Johnson, WR, Cincinnati Bengals
Roy Williams, WR, Detroit Lions
Anquan Boldin, WR, Arizona Cardinals
Matt Jones, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars
Jeremy Shockey, TE, New York Giants
Khalif Barnes, OT, Jacksonville Jaguars
Jonas Jennings, OT, San Francisco 49ers
Dewayne Robertson, DT, New York Jets
Bobby Carpenter, LB, Dallas Cowboys
Fabian Washington, CB, Oakland Raiders

and Akin Ayodele.

Sveen
04-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Roman Harper, S, New Orleans Saints

He is rumored to be included in the talks of a Shockey to New Orleans trade.

eaglesfan_45
04-25-2008, 05:14 PM
I have heard Jamaal Browns name popping up.

regoob2
04-25-2008, 05:28 PM
What would it likely take to get Khalif Barnes or Jamaal Brown??

A Perfect Score
04-25-2008, 05:46 PM
What would it likely take to get Khalif Barnes or Jamaal Brown??

lol those are at different ends of the spectrum...itd be mid 1st-high 2nd for brown i would imagine, and late 3rd-early 4th for barnes.

RaiderNation
04-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Fabian Washington and/or Stanford Route

JagHombre22
04-25-2008, 08:58 PM
lol those are at different ends of the spectrum...itd be mid 1st-high 2nd for brown i would imagine, and late 3rd-early 4th for barnes.

Khalif Barnes is a good young tackle...I'd say a solid third he could be had...but he's far more valuable to the Jaguars than a third rounder...he could be used as leverage in a trade....

LonghornsLegend
04-25-2008, 09:53 PM

:D

Now that he's gone, might as well keep Carp for depth...Sure he's a bust, but he's versatile enough to play either LB position if we asked him to.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2008, 09:55 PM
:D

Now that he's gone, might as well keep Carp for depth...Sure he's a bust, but he's versatile enough to play either LB position if we asked him to.

I still wouldnt rule out another ILB...especially, considering Zach's age and Burnett's expiring contract. We did meet w/ a number of potential ILB's in Rivers, Mayo, Henderson, and Bell.

I would be fine going into the season as is...but, I think we will be adding one in this draft somewhere. I guess it really depends upon how much we really value or have faith in Carp.

LonghornsLegend
04-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Burnett's contract does scare me, I'd hate to see him go, but how much would he even expect to get from us?

One thing I haven't ruled out, is if we can find a "true" NT in the draft, It allows Burnett to start next to James, and personally I'd love to see that for a year, and have another guy sub in from time to time...Those 2 contrast eachother very well, and Burnett has some freakish athleticism, he looks great everytime he gets out there, he deserves some more snaps this year to determine if we can keep him around.

I also dont expect Thomas to get worked to death at his age and injury concerns, so I doubt he plays as much as Ayodele, I expect their to be a bigger split of carries then this past season.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2008, 09:59 PM
These days...you dont have to be too great a player to get a big contract. Look no further than Jacque Reeves, the market is a joke now. So, considering Burnett is a solid player, it may get a little scary there.

We have been looking at the more traditionally sized 3-4 ILB so, perhaps Burnett is not even in the plans but, we'll see. Hopefully, he performs well this season and earns himself a new deal.

eaglesfan_45
04-26-2008, 01:28 PM
ESPN just said that Baltimore could trade Suggs and their 1st for the Rams 1st