PDA

View Full Version : Predicting a Nightmare

nfrillman
04-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Everybody makes a lot of predictions before the season roles around. Many of those predictions are quite homeristic, myself included (Missouri 1 loss to Texas, and win Big 12 Championship). But how about this, predict the nightmare season for your team (worst you could see season going....barring insane amounts of injuries or something very strange).

Missouri:

L- Illinois
W- Southeast Missouri State University
W- Nevada
W- Buffalo
L- @ Nebraska
L- Oklahoma State
L- @ Texas
W- Colorado
W- @ Baylor
W- Kansas State
W- @ Iowa State
L- Kansas

7-5, that would be incredibly disappointing. Now time to channel my homer, I think Illinois, @ Nebraska, @ Texas, and Kansas are the only 4 games I see even a reasonable shot at losing. *knocks on wood*

holt_bruce81
04-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Everybody makes a lot of predictions before the season roles around. Many of those predictions are quite homeristic, myself included (Missouri 1 loss to Texas Big 12 Champions). But how about this, predict the nightmare season for your team (worst you could see season going....barring insane amounts of injuries or something very strange).

Missouri:

L- Illinois
W- Southeast Missouri State University
W- Nevada
W- Buffalo
L- @ Nebraska
L- Oklahoma State
L- @ Texas
W- Colorado
W- @ Baylor
W- Kansas State
W- @ Iowa State
L- Kansas

7-5, that would be incredibly disappointing. Now time to channel my homer, I think Illinois, @ Nebraska, @ Texas, and Kansas are the only 4 games I see even a reasonable shot at losing. *knocks on wood*

That would deffinitly be a nightmare.

BeerBaron
04-18-2008, 11:12 PM
if you really wanted to make it a nightmare season add colorado and nevada to the list.

volman88
04-18-2008, 11:44 PM
I could legitimately see missouri losing to colorado this year

Unbiased
04-19-2008, 12:32 AM
Most nightmare predictions for fans are realistic to unbiased fans.

DragonFireKai
04-19-2008, 12:49 AM
Stanford: W
PSU: L
Hawaii: W
USC: L
Utah: W
WSU: W
UW: L
ASU: L
UCLA: L
Cal: L
UA: W
UO: W

Aftermath
04-19-2008, 01:53 AM
I could legitimately see missouri losing to colorado this year

Alot of teams will lose to Colorado if Scott lives up to the hype. Though they did lose Dizon and Wheatley.

bearsfan_51
04-19-2008, 02:24 AM
Well I'm a Gophers fan, so barring a terrorist attack on the campus I can't imagine it will get much worse than last year.

nfrillman
04-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Well I'm a Gophers fan, so barring a terrorist attack on the campus I can't imagine it will get much worse than last year.

Haha, just be strong, brighter days are ahead, maybe.

JagHombre22
04-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Florida

Hawaii- W
Miami (FL.)- W
@ Tennessee- W
Ole Miss- W
@ Arkansas- W
LSU- W
Kentucky- W
@ Georgia- L
@ Vanderbilt- W
South Carolina- W
The Citadel- W
@ FSU- W

I can really see this team going undefeated or one loss....I imagine the SEC will be weaker this season than last...i.e. LSU and Tennessee and Kentucky...

if they lose a game it will probably be against Georgia....

nfrillman
04-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Florida

Hawaii- W
Miami (FL.)- W
@ Tennessee- W
Ole Miss- W
@ Arkansas- W
LSU- W
Kentucky- W
@ Georgia- L
@ Vanderbilt- W
South Carolina- W
The Citadel- W
@ FSU- W

I can really see this team going undefeated or one loss....I imagine the SEC will be weaker this season than last...i.e. LSU and Tennessee and Kentucky...

if they lose a game it will probably be against Georgia....

Haha, wow, way to really go with the idea of the thread. So you are telling me that a nightmare season for Florida would be one loss? Come on man. A nightmare season would include losses to Miami, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, FSU, and possibly some other teams. Basically what you said is that every team but Georgia has virtually no shot at all of beating Florida, since your "nightmare" scenario, which means bad if you weren't aware, only has one loss. There is no team in the country that has a worst case scenario of one loss.

DragonFireKai
04-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Haha, wow, way to really go with the idea of the thread. So you are telling me that a nightmare season for Florida would be one loss? Come on man. A nightmare season would include losses to Miami, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, FSU, and possibly some other teams. Basically what you said is that every team but Georgia has virtually no shot at all of beating Florida, since your "nightmare" scenario, which means bad if you weren't aware, only has one loss. There is no team in the country that has a worst case scenario of one loss.

Shhhhhhhhhh...

He might kill himself if Florida losses two or more. It's obvious his grasp on reality is slipping.

Cigaro
04-19-2008, 09:48 PM
SCs Nightmare Season:

NC State- L
Vanderbilt- L
Georgia- L
Wofford- W
UAB- W
Ole Miss- W
Kentucky- L
LSU- L
Tennessee- L
Arkansas- L
Florida- L
Clemson- L

badgerbacker
04-20-2008, 02:21 AM
For Wisconsin:

Akron-W
Marshall-W
Fresno State-L
Michigan-L
Ohio State-L
Penn State-L
Iowa-L
Illinois-L
Michigan State-W
Indiana-W
Minnesota-W
Cal Poly-W

6-6 Overall

Race for the Heisman
04-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Ohio State

Youngstown State - W
Ohio - W
Southern Cal - L
Troy - W
Minnesota - W
Wisconsin - L
Purdue - W
Michigan State - W
Penn State - L
Northwestern - W
Illinois - L
Michigan - L

7-5 would be pretty bad.

JPLUFF
04-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Ohio State

Youngstown State - W
Ohio - W
Southern Cal - L
Troy - W
Minnesota - W
Wisconsin - L
Purdue - W
Michigan State - W
Penn State - L
Northwestern - W
Illinois - L
Michigan - L

7-5 would be pretty bad.

That last loss would be the worst part about it. Maybe even worse than going 7-5, seeing as how that game is in Columbus this year.

bearsfan_51
04-20-2008, 10:53 AM
For Wisconsin:

Akron-W
Marshall-W
Fresno State-L
Michigan-L
Ohio State-L
Penn State-L
Iowa-L
Illinois-L
Michigan State-W
Indiana-W
Minnesota-W
Cal Poly-W

6-6 Overall
If this is a nightmare scenario you could definately lose to Minnesota, it's a rivalry game. Hell, you almost lost to us last year and we were dogshit terrible.

OSUGiants17
04-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Youngstown St: W
Ohio: W
@ USC: L :(
Troy: W
Minnesota: W
@ Wisconson: L :(
Purdue: W
@ Michigan St: W
Penn St: W
@ North Western: W
@ Illinois: W
Michigan: W
10-2 should get us to the Rose Bowl so I would be happy with that.

bearsfan_51
04-20-2008, 11:06 AM
You people either don't understand the point of this thread, or are incredible homers.

The worst that the Buckeyes could conceivably do is 10-2? They couldn't possibly lose to Illinois even though they just lost to them last year? Gimme a ******* break.

BigJohn98
04-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Sep. 6 Western Carolina L (I don't see us losing, but with FSU you never know what to expect)
Sep. 13 Chattanooga W
Sep. 20 Wake Forest L
Sep. 27 Colorado W
Oct. 4 at Miami-FL L
Oct. 16 at NC State L
Oct. 25 Virginia Tech L
Nov. 1 at Georgia Tech W
Nov. 8 Clemson L
Nov. 15 Boston College W
Nov. 22 at Maryland W
Nov. 29 Florida L

RoyHall#1
04-20-2008, 11:11 AM
You people either don't understand the point of this thread, or are incredible homers.

The worst that the Buckeyes could conceivably do is 10-2? They couldn't possibly lose to Illinois even though they just lost to them last year? Gimme a ******* break.

Nightmare season could be 11-1 for a lot of Bucks fans. Losing in the Shoe to Michigan would be brutal, and it would knock us out of the championship game most likely.

SuperMcGee
04-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Buffalo probably could lose every game outside of Kent St, so that'd probably be the worst. I'd definitely expect us to win at home against Temple, Kent St, and even Army. I'd expect more wins on the season anyway, it's a pretty good team that's been improving and I'm really liking Drew Willy heading into his senior year, but it's hard to peg any games as wins when you're team is Buffalo. Games like Pitt, Missouri, and Central Michigan are set losses.

etk
04-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Nightmare season? 6-7, because we can't get any worse from last year.

badgerbacker
04-20-2008, 12:40 PM
If this is a nightmare scenario you could definately lose to Minnesota, it's a rivalry game. Hell, you almost lost to us last year and we were dogshit terrible.I thought about it, but the game is in Madison this year. We always seem to play much worse on the road. I suppose it could happen, but I just don't see it this year.

Unbiased
04-20-2008, 12:52 PM

Which is why I made my post at the start ofthis thread. These things are pointless. Everyone is a homer. Everyone.

Michigan
04-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Aug. 30 UTAH L
Sept. 6 MIAMI (OHIO) W
Sept. 13 at Notre Dame L
Sept. 27 WISCONSIN L
Oct. 4 ILLINOIS W
Oct. 11 TOLEDO W
Oct. 18 at Penn State L
Oct. 25 MICHIGAN STATE L
Nov. 1 at Purdue L
Nov. 8 at Minnesota Aug. 30 L
Nov. 15 NORTHWESTERN W
Nov. 22 at Ohio State L

weee 4-8

thebow305
04-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Nightmare season? Losing to both Florida and FSU.

But it won't happen, so I guess I don't have to worry!

BigJohn98
04-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Nightmare season? Losing to both Florida and FSU.

But it won't happen, so I guess I don't have to worry!

Why won't it happen?

thebow305
04-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Why won't it happen?

Cuz we aint losin to them tallyhoes or Timmy Teabag & the Gayturds.

Joeyjr09
04-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Why won't it happen?

Listen bro, we whipped you pretty good last year with Kirby Freeman at QB. This game is practically in the bag already.

Joeyjr09
04-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Sep. 6 Western Carolina L (I don't see us losing, but with FSU you never know what to expect)
Sep. 13 Chattanooga W
Sep. 20 Wake Forest L
Sep. 27 Colorado W
Oct. 4 at Miami-FL L
Oct. 16 at NC State L
Oct. 25 Virginia Tech L
Nov. 1 at Georgia Tech W
Nov. 8 Clemson L
Nov. 15 Boston College W
Nov. 22 at Maryland W
Nov. 29 Florida L

Dude, try bumping that a little lower. BC, Maryland and Colorado could easily beat you guys as well. In fact, they have a much better shot at beating you then NC State.

As for Miami:

Aug. 28 Charleston Southern- W
Sep. 6 at Florida- L
Sep. 20 at Texas A&M- W (We match up really well against them)
Sep. 27 North Carolina- L
Oct. 4 Florida State- L
Oct. 11 UCF- W
Oct. 18 at Duke- W
Oct. 25 Wake Forest- L
Nov. 1 at Virginia- L
Nov. 13 Virginia Tech- L
Nov. 20 at Georgia Tech- L
Nov. 29 at NC State- L

That is abolsute worst case that can happen. 4 wins. Highly doubtful.

More realistic would be something like this:

Aug. 28 Charleston Southern- W
Sep. 6 at Florida- L
Sep. 20 at Texas A&M- W
Sep. 27 North Carolina- W
Oct. 4 Florida State- W
Oct. 11 UCF- W
Oct. 18 at Duke- W
Oct. 25 Wake Forest- W
Nov. 1 at Virginia- L
Nov. 13 Virginia Tech- L
Nov. 20 at Georgia Tech- L
Nov. 29 at NC State- W

That would be 8-4 which is right around the improvement most people are expecting out of us after our huge roster purge. FSU and UNC could go either way so maybe 7-5 would be more realistic.

BigJohn98
04-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Listen bro, we whipped you pretty good last year with Kirby Freeman at QB. This game is practically in the bag already.

Yeah, because you guys are SOOOOOOO much better.

If Drew Weatherford started, we beat you guys. We were the better team.

Joeyjr09
04-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah, because you guys are SOOOOOOO much better.

If Drew Weatherford started, we beat you guys. We were the better team.

Ok kepp telling yourself that. I guess Drew Weatherford would have stopped Kirby Freeman from driving 83 yards in less then 2 mintues and completing the go ahead TD pass to TE Dedrick Epps.

I guess Drew Weatherford would have gone out on special teams and covered our WR on the fake kick that went for a TD.

And your right Weatherford wouldn't have finished the game the same way X Lee did. He would have done worse. If a mobile guy like Lee got sacked to end the game what on earth do you think would have happned to Weatherford?

Come on dude. This is a series that year in and year old gets decided by field goals. We beat you by 8. That mite as well be considered a slaughter as far as Miami and FSU games are concerned.

and btw...Drew Weatherford is garbage. If he was so good he would have gotten the start over Lee's sorry ass.

Keep thinking you were the better team. Fact is we beat you guys by the biggest margin since 2001 at your home stadium.

iworshipbender
04-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Oregon:

L-Washington
W-Utah State
L-Purdue
W-Boise State
W-WSU
L-USC
L-UCLA
L-ASU
L-Cal
W-Stanford
W-Arizona
L-OS

5-7 if disaster occurs

It'll never happen because Oregon kicks way more ass than that. They'll go 10-2 or 11-1 with losses to USC and maybe ASU or OS.

P-L
04-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Aug. 30 UTAH L
Sept. 6 MIAMI (OHIO) W
Sept. 13 at Notre Dame L
Sept. 27 WISCONSIN L
Oct. 4 ILLINOIS W
Oct. 11 TOLEDO W
Oct. 18 at Penn State L
Oct. 25 MICHIGAN STATE L
Nov. 1 at Purdue L
Nov. 8 at Minnesota Aug. 30 L
Nov. 15 NORTHWESTERN W
Nov. 22 at Ohio State L

weee 4-8
You really can't imagine us possibly losing to Illinois? I think we have a much better chance at beating Little Brother than we do Illinois.

buckeyes4ever
04-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Ohio state fan and basically the season is a success unless we lose to the team from up north, we could lose to the team from up north and somehow make it to the national championship game win it all and the season would still be tainted by that one loss. especially this year seeing as they have really fallen from grace with no true starting quarterback to speak of. might i also add that mark dantonio is a scum bag and i would hate to lose to him

Brent
04-21-2008, 06:33 PM
8/30 Arkansas State - W
9/6 @ New Mexico - W
9/20 Miami (Fla.) - L
9/27 Army - W
10/4 @ Oklahoma State - L
10/11 Kansas State - L
10/18 Texas Tech - L
10/25 @ Iowa State - L
11/1 Colorado - L
11/8 Oklahoma - L