PDA

View Full Version : Recovering Udeze finds bone marrow donor for transplant

xooberon
04-20-2008, 12:10 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807da6cd&template=without-video&confirm=true

good news for udeze. the disease is in remission and he's found a donor

JagHombre22
04-20-2008, 01:07 PM
that's great to hear!

Hope he recovers very quickly!

princefielder28
04-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Wish the best for him and great to see he found a donor

SMoore
04-20-2008, 04:49 PM
this is great news for kenechi, i'm very happy about this

PackerLegend
04-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Great news....I read this earlier isnt the donor his brother?

holt_bruce81
04-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Great news! Hope he has a successful recovery.

MetSox17
04-20-2008, 05:37 PM
When you're rich, there's always a donor..

Cribbs>Hester
04-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Great for him and all, but doesn't it erk you just a little bit that guys like Udeze($$$$$$$$$$) always seem to find donors so easy and so quickly when your next door neighbor, fellow church member, your little sister, or someone you know from your neighborhood can never seem to find one?

Anyway, I wish him the best with his recovery and glad he found a donor.

The Dynasty
04-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Great news....I read this earlier isnt the donor his brother?

Thats what Startribune reported a couple days ago.

Thunder&Lightning
04-21-2008, 10:29 AM
like i said before...

"I know, I gotta go, I gotta go, and I got one last thing and I said it before, and I want to say it again. Cancer can take away all my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever."
-Jimmy V "Never Give Up"

BaLLiN
04-21-2008, 10:59 AM
could he come back to the NFL?

Crazy_Chris
05-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Kenechi Udeze was is officially out for the season but Zygi Wilf still pledges to pay him his 2008 salary.

The Vikings placed DE Kenechi Udeze on the non-football injury list today, officially ruling him out for the season so that he can focus on recovering from an acute form of leukemia.

Under NFL rules, the Vikings are not responsible for paying his 2008 salary because his “injury” is not football-related. But coach Brad Childress said today that the team will continue to pay Udeze, who is scheduled to earn $807,500 this year.

“What he can do is focus on getting well,” Childress said. “He’s done a great job with that so far. He’s been positive. He’s been upbeat. What this does is obviously clear his mind of any financial issues, and the organizaton, particularly [owner Zygi Wilf and his family], have taken care of that.”

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1572

russie
05-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Kenechi Udeze was is officially out for the season but Zygi Wilf still pledges to pay him his 2008 salary.

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1572

yet another reason to love this new ownership

DragonFireKai
05-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Great for him and all, but doesn't it erk you just a little bit that guys like Udeze($$$$$$$$$$) always seem to find donors so easy and so quickly when your next door neighbor, fellow church member, your little sister, or someone you know from your neighborhood can never seem to find one?

Anyway, I wish him the best with his recovery and glad he found a donor.

Not really. Considering that it's his brother. Family to family donors are easy for anyone to do.

It might seem ugly that the richer a person is, the better medical care they get, but it's no different than anything else in the world. If you're willing to pay more, you get a better house, better food, better water, better car... Why not a better doctor? How else would you split it up? Coin Flip? Tallest to Shortest? Alpha by first name? Wealth is limited, and cannot be evenly distributed.

Brent
05-05-2008, 07:21 AM
It might seem ugly that the richer a person is, the better medical care they get, but it's no different than anything else in the world. If you're willing to pay more, you get a better house, better food, better water, better car... Why not a better doctor? How else would you split it up? Coin Flip? Tallest to Shortest? Alpha by first name? Wealth is limited, and cannot be evenly distributed.
It's true. A family friend of mine had a heart transplant and, while the guy is a bit older than they prefer, he was able to get the heart because he made a generous donation to the hospital and he did the same for the wife of the man whose heart they gave him.