PDA

View Full Version : Draft Trades

woodnick
04-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Hey all, here's a link about the Lions moves around the past few drafts. Millen seems like he has done a nice job trading through the years, however the person he trades for has always been bad.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/120806670525640.xml&coll=6

That being said, what kind of trades do you hope the Lions take part of?

Personally, my crazy dream scenarion would be:

Lions trading #15, 3rd from Cleveland, and we'd probably have to throw in a vet to beat Minny's offer so I'd throw iFank Davis who should be able to add depth and compete on their O-line, he's also expendable because of Manny Ramirez backing up Edwin and Peterman.

Lions then trade Roy Williams to Philly at #19, then package 19 and our 3rd to get to #16 and AZ's 4th and we draft Mendenhall.

With our 2nd we trade down a bit to Jax at 58 and pick up their 3rd(89), they move up for either a DE like Jawrence Jackson or a DT, just ahead of Cincy and get their choice, we go for either an OT like Anthony Collins/Duane Brown or LB like Wheeler/Gooden or DB like Godfrey.

With the 3rd we ust got from Jax we go for BPA at DT, OT, CB, LB; Hope to get Red bryant

4th - Hope to get a guy like Terrell Thomas or Chevis Jackson

5th - Get a Wr/KR like a Dexter Jackson

6th - Get some depth at O/D Lines w/ a guy like Trevor Scott or Drew Radovich

7th - Small school prospect like Brandon Carr

So in conclusion, we end w/ Jared Allen, Rashard Mendenhall, Anthony collins, Philip Wheeler, Terrell Thomas, Dexter Jackson, Drew Radovich, Trevor Scott. Obviously it's dillusional but hey, we got Matt Millen as our GM so we should be dillusional it's all we got.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-20-2008, 09:51 PM
We don't have the cap room to sign Jared Allen to a deal, especially the one he wants. Its impossible to get Jared Allen with the money we have left this year, a little less than a milion. 4 million after June 1st when Kalimbas salary finally goes off our books since he is the designated June 1st cut.

And trading Roy Williams uggh. Biggest reason I can't wait for draft day. To see Roy Williams on our roster on Sunday. We'll deal with Roy next offseason either resign or temp franchise for a trade(will not play one down and thus no franchise salary counts). We'll have the space to sign him and hopefully a reason to sign him(strong injury free 2008 season).

I like all your draft picks though.

Also on a side note, heard an interview with Calvin on Sirius. Not an excuse but he was on vicodin all season for his back injury. I'm excited to see what Roy and a healthy Calvin can do in 2008.

woodnick
04-20-2008, 10:10 PM
We don't have the cap room to sign Jared Allen to a deal, especially the one he wants. Its impossible to get Jared Allen with the money we have left this year, a little less than a milion. 4 million after June 1st when Kalimbas salary finally goes off our books since he is the designated June 1st cut.

And trading Roy Williams uggh. Biggest reason I can't wait for draft day. To see Roy Williams on our roster on Sunday. We'll deal with Roy next offseason either resign or temp franchise for a trade(will not play one down and thus no franchise salary counts). We'll have the space to sign him and hopefully a reason to sign him(strong injury free 2008 season).

I like all your draft picks though.

Also on a side note, heard an interview with Calvin on Sirius. Not an excuse but he was on vicodin all season for his back injury. I'm excited to see what Roy and a healthy Calvin can do in 2008.

By trading Roy we'd free up an additional 3.7 mill so then we'd be almost 9 mil under the cap(1+4+3.7) and we'd be able to get a long term deal with Allen if we wanted, just guarantee a ton of money and load the contract for after the first yr. All we have to be is a little creative, it's not impossible.

honestly, I'd rather have a top DE over a good/great WR and they are both the same age so they will both be long term deals. Top DE's in their prime hit the market a lot less than Top WRs. If anybody is a Maranelli backer, this is the deal people should be pushing for, a top DE who specializes in rushing the passer. This is the guy that plays the position that Maranelli said is the most important position on the team. I think Roy is good and flashes amazing potential, but if we have a chance to get Allen at the cost of Roy, sign me up. IMO this would be a huge upgrade for the team, it's just replacing a young stud for another young stud, just at different positions.

So essentially, my argument comes down to one thing: What position do you consider more important for the Lions, WR or DE. My vote is for DE. This scenario will never happen, as I said in my first post, but IMO this would improve our team the most, while also keeping it young and loaded with upside.

woodnick
04-20-2008, 10:12 PM
For the record if we don't get Allen, I'm not for trading Roy. Atleast until next off-season.

wingboy2999
04-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Does Allen have a say in where he is going? If so... he is not gonna want to come here.

woodnick
04-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Does Allen have a say in where he is going? If so... he is not gonna want to come here.

He has a say in the sense that he'll refuse to sign a long term deal with a team that he doesnt want to go to, and no team will trade anything for a guy that they cant sign long term. So yes, indirectly he has a say on which team he goes to.

Personally, I don't believe that he only wants to go to a team that has a shot at a superbowl like he has said he does. Look at the teams he's looking at Tampa and minny, both are closer than the Lions but there's no way either of those teams make it to the superbowl this year and unless they fix some major holes they wont make it in the next few years. If he was really only wanting to go to a team with a chance at a ring than he'd be pushing for a trade or at least visit a team like Jax, Tennessee, or Wash. To name a few

wingboy2999
04-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Our hands may be tied then.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-21-2008, 08:43 AM
By trading Roy we'd free up an additional 3.7 mill so then we'd be almost 9 mil under the cap(1+4+3.7) and we'd be able to get a long term deal with Allen if we wanted, just guarantee a ton of money and load the contract for after the first yr. All we have to be is a little creative, it's not impossible.

honestly, I'd rather have a top DE over a good/great WR and they are both the same age so they will both be long term deals. Top DE's in their prime hit the market a lot less than Top WRs. If anybody is a Maranelli backer, this is the deal people should be pushing for, a top DE who specializes in rushing the passer. This is the guy that plays the position that Maranelli said is the most important position on the team. I think Roy is good and flashes amazing potential, but if we have a chance to get Allen at the cost of Roy, sign me up. IMO this would be a huge upgrade for the team, it's just replacing a young stud for another young stud, just at different positions.

So essentially, my argument comes down to one thing: What position do you consider more important for the Lions, WR or DE. My vote is for DE. This scenario will never happen, as I said in my first post, but IMO this would improve our team the most, while also keeping it young and loaded with upside.

First, we don't have the 4 million from Kalimba yet. So we couldn't sign Jared Allen until after June 1st. Allen will need to have a deal in place before the draft which is obviously before June 1st. . Secondly, I think Roy still has some bonus money to be allocated. Not sure but trading Roy frees up the 3.7 million in salary less 2 million in bonuses. Not sure how that works since his contract is voidable after this year. It might be 3.7 million but given reason about Kalimba and the fact that Jared Allen probably doesn't want to play here is the main reason we will not get Jared Allen.
http://www.thenetrat.com/LionsCap2008.xls

I agree DE is more important than WR. The problem is Allen isn't financially available for the Lions right now and the Lions are not a desirable team. The Vikings/Bucs are more desirable(better record,AP,Williams') and they have the money for a deal right now. We still have the draft to hope Harvey falls but if not, we'll have to wait until the draft next year and rely on Alama Francis/White/DeVries and mabye another 2nd or 3rd round rookie.

Free agency doesn't look like an option in 09 for DE either.
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=DL&y=2009

Brothgar
04-21-2008, 08:50 AM
First, we don't have the 4 million from Kalimba yet. So we couldn't sign Jared Allen until after June 1st. Allen will need to have a deal in place before the draft which is obviously before June 1st. . Secondly, I think Roy still has some bonus money to be allocated. Not sure but trading Roy frees up the 3.7 million in salary less 2 million in bonuses. Not sure how that works since his contract is voidable after this year. It might be 3.7 million but given reason about Kalimba and the fact that Jared Allen probably doesn't want to play here is the main reason we will not get Jared Allen.

I agree DE is more important than WR. The problem is Allen isn't financially available for the Lions right now and the Lions are not a desirable team. The Vikings/Bucs are more desirable(better record,AP,Williams') and they have the money for a deal right now. We still have the draft to hope Harvey falls but if not, we'll have to wait until the draft next year and rely on Alama Francis/White/DeVries and mabye another 2nd or 3rd round rookie.

EDIT I'm Dumb

I want to lay this set of trades for you.

Trade set A: This one I've talked about for a while.

Trade Roy to Philly or Dallas for the 19 or 22 pick.

Trade Our 2nd round pick (14th) and Browns 3rd round pick (22nd) and move up to the 31st or 32nd pick.

That gives us 3 first round picks. Imagine this if you may

15: Derrick Harvey
19 or 22: Godser Cherillus
31 or 32: Could be Johnathan Stewart, Jarod Mayo, or Dan Connor.

Then we still have our 3rd round pick to grab a ILB, RB,
or OLB.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-21-2008, 10:19 AM
1) I don't think Harvey will be there at 15. I hope he is, that will make my draft day
2) Cherilus is a good run blocker. But as a pass blocker he doesn't have any more to offer to me than Scott/Foster. Foster is a good run blocker too, he just wasn't given the chance last year because he didn't fit our offense. Millen should have known this when we traded for him but it was another Millen blunder. Both Cherlius and Foster have problem with penalties. I just don't see Cherilus having that great of an impact. Maybe in the future but he too needs development and at the cost of losing Roy it sours me even more on Cherilus problem with penalties/pass blocking. I could be wrong and we do need O-line help at RT unless Jonathan Scott stays healthy and progresses in year 3.
3) Trading up into the late 1st/early 2nd may be worth it if we can get the guy Marinelli/Colletto want. We will be targetting a LB or maybe Stewart if he falls that far. I wouldn't be opposed to it but its obviously risky in losing a draft pick. Those spots tend not to be traded because you are getting a 1st rounder or 1st round value with an early 2nd rounder for a cheap price. However, some teams are dumb enough(Lions in 07) to move out of the early 2nd round.

woodnick
04-21-2008, 10:50 AM

Roy's cap # in 2008 is 6,292,834.00, his prorated signing bonus still couns against our cap, but his salary won't so 3.7 will come off the book so we'll get an additional 3.7 in cap for this year. As for Allen all we'd have to do is prorate his signing bonus until June 1st, so essentially it would just be swapping his contract for Edwards. If the lions wanted him they'd be able to work something out for him. Yes it might take a little creativity, but he'd be well worth it.

As for Harvey, I have one # for ya: 4.5, that's the amount of sacks he got this past season in 13 games. Additionally he only got 3 QB hurries so it's not like he was close and just missed a ton of sacks. He just couldnt handle any blocking scheme that would pay any attention to him. He might be decent for a team like Minny where teams have to account for two other players, but that's not Detroit and he'd just be worthless for us.

woodnick
04-21-2008, 10:58 AM
1) I don't think Harvey will be there at 15. I hope he is, that will make my draft day
2) Cherilus is a good run blocker. But as a pass blocker he doesn't have any more to offer to me than Scott/Foster. Foster is a good run blocker too, he just wasn't given the chance last year because he didn't fit our offense. Millen should have known this when we traded for him but it was another Millen blunder. Both Cherlius and Foster have problem with penalties. I just don't see Cherilus having that great of an impact. Maybe in the future but he too needs development and at the cost of losing Roy it sours me even more on Cherilus problem with penalties/pass blocking. I could be wrong and we do need O-line help at RT unless Jonathan Scott stays healthy and progresses in year 3.
3) Trading up into the late 1st/early 2nd may be worth it if we can get the guy Marinelli/Colletto want. We will be targetting a LB or maybe Stewart if he falls that far. I wouldn't be opposed to it but its obviously risky in losing a draft pick. Those spots tend not to be traded because you are getting a 1st rounder or 1st round value with an early 2nd rounder for a cheap price. However, some teams are dumb enough(Lions in 07) to move out of the early 2nd round.

I personally dont think there are three players that we should want from 15-31. I could see 2, but only if a player that we want is there at 31 like a Mayo or Connors. The only way that I would like us to end up w/3 1sts would be if we got Clady or Williams at 15 then Mendenhall at 19 or 22 then Mayo/Connors at 31. That wont happen, but I guess it's worth dreaming about.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-21-2008, 11:02 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/derrickharvey.html

Harvey had 8.5 sacks in 2007 and was dominant in 2006 especially in his biggest game, the National Championship. And 17 Tackles for loss. Harvey is very strong against the run as well so he isn't one dimensional.

And as for Roy, if he has a 2009 bonus, that would be accelerated to this year. That is what I'm talking about netting against the 3.7 million salary. According to the website I posted, his bonus is spread out until 2009 so I assume it would be accelerated if we traded him. I'm not sure how the ability to void his contract next year impacts that 09 bonus. Colum O would be the money we would save by trading him per that source which looks accurate to me.

I don't know how we could hold on signing Allen. He would want a deal in place before the trade was made. It may be very possible at the cost of losing Roy, but we still have to sign draft picks as well.

And Calvins incentive bonus hasn't been paid yet either.

woodnick
04-21-2008, 11:11 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/derrickharvey.html

Harvey had 8.5 sacks in 2007 and was dominant in 2006 especially in his biggest game, the National Championship. And 17 Tackles for loss. Harvey is very strong against the run as well so he isn't one dimensional.

And as for Roy, if he has a 2009 bonus, that would be accelerated to this year. That is what I'm talking about netting against the 3.7 million salary. According to the website I posted, his bonus is spread out until 2009 so I assume it would be accelerated if we traded him. I'm not sure how the ability to void his contract next year impacts that 09 bonus.

I don't know how we could hold on signing Allen. He would want a deal in place before the trade was made. It may be very possible at the cost of losing Roy, but we still have to sign draft picks as well.

Wow ESPN screwed me on Harvey's info, haha: "He started all 13 games of the 2007 season recording 32 total tackles, 11 tackles-for-loss, 4.5 quarterback sacks and three quarterback-hurries. Harvey lacks ideal top-end speed and he also needs to improve his lower-body strength in order to take on bigger NFL blockers in the run game."

I thought Roy's '09 bonus would count against '09, just like how Edwards '09 bonus counts in '09. Allen can sign a deal, but in the conract it will just say that the bonus will not be distributed until June 1, 2008. Additionally I think that the salary cap doesnt officially count until the first week of the season and if a player gets releases before playing a game then his salary doesnt ccount against the cap, but I could be wrong. So teams can be over until week 1, hence why some teams cut bigger contract guys right at the end of training camp, that and they want the roster space. Rookie contracts can be signed until a rookie allocation pool, which is in addition to the salary cap. It's slotted per team and where they draft.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Wow ESPN screwed me on Harvey's info, haha: "He started all 13 games of the 2007 season recording 32 total tackles, 11 tackles-for-loss, 4.5 quarterback sacks and three quarterback-hurries. Harvey lacks ideal top-end speed and he also needs to improve his lower-body strength in order to take on bigger NFL blockers in the run game."

I thought Roy's '09 bonus would count against '09, just like how Edwards '09 bonus counts in '09. Allen can sign a deal, but in the conract it will just say that the bonus will not be distributed until June 1, 2008. Additionally I think that the salary cap doesnt officially count until the first week of the season and if a player gets releases before playing a game then his salary doesnt ccount against the cap, but I could be wrong. So teams can be over until week 1, hence why some teams cut bigger contract guys right at the end of training camp, that and they want the roster space. Rookie contracts can be signed until a rookie allocation pool, which is in addition to the salary cap. It's slotted per team and where they draft.

Roy's 09 bonus would be accelerated to 2008 because he would be traded before June 1st. Any trade/cut of a player before June 1st, accelerates the remaining unallocated bonus. Thus when Mike Williams was traded, his entire bonus( 5 million) was allocated to 2007 cap. Wherease, Charles Rogers was a cut after June 1st in 2006 so some of his accelerated bonus counted in 2006 and some counted on last years cap(1.7 mil). Kalimba is a June 1st allocated cut. Half of his bonus counts in 2008 and half will count in 2009.

Here is the 2007 and 2006 caps to show you. Look at the dead money in the bottom. Notice how Mike Williams is not on this years cap and Rogers is in 06 and 07.
http://www.thenetrat.com/LionsCap2007.xls
http://www.thenetrat.com/lionscap2006.html

I don't think the rookie pool is in addition to the cap. And the only time you can be over the cap is after the Super Bowl but before the start of free agency. I'll check on the rookie pool and being over the cap.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-21-2008, 11:45 AM
http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

This will answer a lot of questions. Especially 1.9a, 1.9b, Queston 1.10

You must be in compliance by March 2. So we can't be over until next offseason.

Roy's bonus in 09 would count so we would only save 1.6 million total.

Rookie pool is part of the salary cap.

woodnick
04-21-2008, 12:05 PM
http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

This will answer a lot of questions. Especially 1.9a, 1.9b, Queston 1.10

You must be in compliance by March 2. So we can't be over until next offseason.

Roy's bonus in 09 would count so we would only save 1.6 million total.

Rookie pool is part of the salary cap.

Cool, that does anwser some questions. Thanks for the site. So if roy was traded, they'd just have 2.6 under the cap until June 1st.

as for the Rookie contracts, I know that they count toward the cap, but my question, and I didnt see the answer in this, is if the rookie pool is added to the cap or if it is just a worthless # thrown out there for nothing?

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-21-2008, 12:48 PM
The rookie pool is part of salaries that count towards the salary cap. Its not 116 million plus the rookie pool. Its just 116 million with 5.5 million of the 116 million money that has to be used on rookie contracts.

We have about 700 K now under. So antoher 1.6 million saved (3,724,500-2,082,500)=1,642,000 total gained from trading Roy. So we would have abot 2.3 million under the cap. Definitlely not enough for Jared Allen. If Allen only gets a 20 million bonus over 5 years, thats 4 million right there plus his salary. I just don't see us being able to sign him.

The 15 million in dead cap money hurts us yet again. Overall we saved by losing Woody,Bryant,Kennedy,Rogers but they still have bonuses that count against the cap this year.

Next year we will have that 15 million less 2 million for Kalimbas 09 bonus to work with with possibly an upward cap adjustment since we are taking Calvins downward adjustment this year. We'll have money next to resign Roy if we want too and be active in the free agency market if we want too.

wingboy2999
04-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Man... anyone who has ADD should NOT come in this thread. Criminy.

Prowler
04-21-2008, 01:42 PM
are the eagles still shopping lito?

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Man... anyone who has ADD should NOT come in this thread. Criminy.

Sorry this is what happens when an accountant(Me) is done with tax season but the partners are away at a meeting so I have a ton of free time at work.

You get the accounting side of football.

Make a your mom joke to ease the salary cap tension.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-21-2008, 01:46 PM
are the eagles still shopping lito?

Saw a rumor Lito and a 6th to the Jets for DeWayne Robertson.

woodnick
04-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Sorry this is what happens when an accountant(Me) is done with tax season but the partners are away at a meeting so I have a ton of free time at work.

You get the accounting side of football.

Make a your mom joke to ease the salary cap tension.

Accountant huh, thats what my degree from MSU is.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Accountant huh, thats what my degree from MSU is.

Yep, change your MSU to a PSU and you have me.

Your not in the "biz"(BreakUp reference) anymore?

woodnick
04-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Yep, change your MSU to a PSU and you have me.

Your not in the "biz"(BreakUp reference) anymore?

Nah, I started to get my Master's in Acct. at state, then got mad at them and said F*** it and went to law school, where I'm currently at Detroit Mercy School of Law/

wingboy2999
04-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh crap. No we got accountants talking about football to accountants talking about accounting.

woodnick
04-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Oh crap. No we got accountants talking about football to accountants talking about accounting.

Yeah, pretty boring huh. It is about time to go Golfing though.

Iamcanadian
04-21-2008, 03:29 PM
The rookie pool is part of salaries that count towards the salary cap. Its not 116 million plus the rookie pool. Its just 116 million with 5.5 million of the 116 million money that has to be used on rookie contracts.

We have about 700 K now under. So antoher 1.6 million saved (3,724,500-2,082,500)=1,642,000 total gained from trading Roy. So we would have abot 2.3 million under the cap. Definitlely not enough for Jared Allen. If Allen only gets a 20 million bonus over 5 years, thats 4 million right there plus his salary. I just don't see us being able to sign him.

The 15 million in dead cap money hurts us yet again. Overall we saved by losing Woody,Bryant,Kennedy,Rogers but they still have bonuses that count against the cap this year.

Next year we will have that 15 million less 2 million for Kalimbas 09 bonus to work with with possibly an upward cap adjustment since we are taking Calvins downward adjustment this year. We'll have money next to resign Roy if we want too and be active in the free agency market if we want too.

You've got it right but teams will cut veterans if need be to sign their rookies and we are carrying a lot of junk on this team that can easily go. In fact, it is not unusual for teams to carry all 7 of their picks in the cap era and cut veterans to meet their cap responsibilities. Our roster is hardly fixed in stone.
However, it is pretty obvious that cap hell caught up with Millen after spending lavishly on resigning mediocre FA's over the last 3 or 4 years and I don't see too many trades that involve moving up in any of the early rounds happening, as Millen simply lacks the cap space to sign too many high picks, if anything Detroit could be in the market for trading down to save money and might even be in the market to trade picks for future considerations so he can keep more veterans on the roster this coming season.

SINCE1978
04-21-2008, 03:49 PM
broth223 ... how do you propose the lions afford 3 first round draft picks? Don't get me wrong bro, I love the thought of Harvey, Cherilus & Mayo/Stewart in the honolulu blue & silver but financially it just does not add up even with the trade of Roy.

Brothgar
04-21-2008, 04:02 PM
broth223 ... how do you propose the lions afford 3 first round draft picks? Don't get me wrong bro, I love the thought of Harvey, Cherilus & Mayo/Stewart in the honolulu blue & silver but financially it just does not add up even with the trade of Roy.

Its easily possible. We can back load all the contracts. Even the 1st overall pick only takes 3.6 Mil off the cap in their first season. I think Aaron Ross the (22nd?) pick last year got 1.75Mil cap number. So after losing Roy we have around 4+ Mil of cap room. So 2 Mil approx + 1.75 Mil approx + 1.5 Mil approx. We would need to open up a little more than a Mil in cap. Just by taking last years numbers and I'd be willing to bet that we could back load even more (or center load) and it becomes easily affordable.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-21-2008, 04:30 PM
You've got it right but teams will cut veterans if need be to sign their rookies and we are carrying a lot of junk on this team that can easily go. In fact, it is not unusual for teams to carry all 7 of their picks in the cap era and cut veterans to meet their cap responsibilities. Our roster is hardly fixed in stone.
However, it is pretty obvious that cap hell caught up with Millen after spending lavishly on resigning mediocre FA's over the last 3 or 4 years and I don't see too many trades that involve moving up in any of the early rounds happening, as Millen simply lacks the cap space to sign too many high picks, if anything Detroit could be in the market for trading down to save money and might even be in the market to trade picks for future considerations so he can keep more veterans on the roster this coming season.

Who goes though. Cody I could see saving 520 K. Stanley Wilson saving 927K. Langston Moore and 927K.Gardner/Fincher one of them is probably gone after training camp. DeVries saves 600K but he's a decent backup and we need some sort of rotation.

I'd say Stanley Wilson and Langston Moore most likely who only have a salary, that is if we draft a DT and Corner in the 3rd/4th rounds. Also the Lions are not afraid to not sign later round rookies. Baldwin,Matua,AJ Davis etc

wingboy2999
04-21-2008, 04:36 PM
So you accountants... can you go and run the Lions so we don't have a buttload of salary cap penalties? What are we at? Like 12 mil?

Brothgar
04-21-2008, 04:37 PM
So you accountants... can you go and run the Lions so we don't have a buttload of salary cap penalties? What are we at? Like 12 mil?

15 Mil .... yeah

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Its too late for this year. We're at 15 million right now. When you cut a ton of starters(Bryant,Kennedy,Rogers,Woody) you're going to have this problem. Next year the slate will be wiped clean with the exception of 2 million from Kalimba.Of course I said that last year and we were able to amass 15 million in dead money for the second year in a row.