PDA

View Full Version : New Michigan Football

FatJJ44
04-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Just curious on what everyone thinks of the new michigan football program. It seems like they changed almost everything since RR came in. It seems like some of the standards of Michigan football have already fallen a little. How long do you think it will take to him put together a national championship type team. Im a michigan fan and im not really sure what to think except we are gonna be really fast in the next couple years. what does everyone think?

Sniper
04-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Vs. Utah: Loss
Vs. Miami (OH): Win
@ Notre Dame: Win
Vs. Wisconsin: Loss
Vs. Illinois: Loss
Vs. Toledo: Win
@ Penn State: Win
Vs. Michigan State: Win
@ Purdue: Win
@ Minnesota: Win
Vs. Northwestern: Win
@ Ohio State: Loss

Wouldn't surprise me if we lost one in that stretch of six straight wins, but the way we've manhandled PSU and MSU lately has me cautiously optimistic.
By that time, the O will hopefully be in decent shape. The D will have to carry the squad early on.

WMD
04-21-2008, 08:28 AM
I just hope it doesn't get too bad early on.

SMoore
04-21-2008, 08:33 AM
I would hope penn state could handle michigan this year. Yeah, we've been bad against them for a while now but i think we are an improved team and michigan is going to get worse before they get better.

Sniper
04-21-2008, 08:43 AM
I would hope penn state could handle michigan this year. Yeah, we've been bad against them for a while now but i think we are an improved team and michigan is going to get worse before they get better.

Doesn't seem to have mattered recently who's good and who's not. Michigan wins. End of story. Remember 2005?

keylime_5
04-21-2008, 08:57 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if we lost one in that stretch of six straight wins, but the way we've manhandled PSU and MSU lately has me cautiously optimistic.
By that time, the O will hopefully be in decent shape. The D will have to carry the squad early on.

That's about what I've pegged them for, but I think they'll probably lose against Purdue or MSU, that'll be tough to pull those two out. But 7 or 8 wins wouldn't be bad considering UM has no QB really right now.

bigG
04-21-2008, 08:59 AM
I gurantee Michigan will have more team speed this year. Rodriguez's strength and conditioning workouts are insane.

P-L
04-21-2008, 09:13 AM
We'll be somewhere between 6-6 and 8-4 I think. Hopefully closer to the latter. I think next year is a rebuilding year, 2009 is step in the right direction and we'll have a chance at competing for the Big Ten title, and by 2010 we should be the Michigan of old.

kwilk103
04-21-2008, 09:54 AM
I gurantee Michigan will have more team speed this year. Rodriguez's strength and conditioning workouts are insane.

yea, i mean, only barwis could put 10 lbs on slaton and make him 1-2 steps slower

be ready for rod to throw the players under the bus and not accept any responsibility for losses; they are always due to a "lack of execution"

bigG
04-21-2008, 11:28 AM
yea, i mean, only barwis could put 10 lbs on slaton and make him 1-2 steps slower

be ready for rod to throw the players under the bus and not accept any responsibility for losses; they are always due to a "lack of execution"

Did Slaton look 2 steps slower when WVU was winning games. I know you have hatred for the coach but he runs a good system.

Vikes99ej
04-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Who IS Michigan's quarterback right now?

Turtlepower
04-21-2008, 11:32 AM
I could see Michigan losing to Toledo. They are an underrated team who will be bowling this year.

kwilk103
04-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Did Slaton look 2 steps slower when WVU was winning games. I know you have hatred for the coach but he runs a good system.

yes, he didnt have the same burst as the last 2 yrs

watch highlights from the sugar bowl, than watch any game this year and tell me if hes slower

clocked at a 4.36 before his soph year; 4.47 at the combine

those are accurate b/c i was lookin at other players wvu had times for and looked at their combine times, and they werent off by very much; maybe .01-.03 at most

Sniper
04-21-2008, 12:36 PM

I'd rather have a guy run a 4.45 and also be able to run in between the tackles than a 4.3 guy who can't.

There will be no dissenting commentary on Mike Barwis, for he is the greatest. He's a big part of WVU's success. They're always one of the fastest, if not the fastest team in the country.

CC
04-21-2008, 01:53 PM

watch highlights from the sugar bowl, than watch any game this year and tell me if hes slower

those are accurate b/c i was lookin at other players wvu had times for and looked at their combine times, and they werent off by very much; maybe .01-.03 at most

I love reading your posts, they are dripping with bias and I can literally feel you seething as you type the 200th negative thing about the Rodriguez regime since he left.

Cue this to be followed up with a glowing report on all of Rod's assistants that didn't follow him to Michigan, a comment about the bubble screen, and some sort of allusion to increased success in recruiting due to a new obscure position coach.

LonghornsLegend
04-21-2008, 01:59 PM

I know your not trying to insinuate that the reason Slaton got slower is because of coaches are you? Please tell me thats not the point your trying to make.

DoWnThEfiElD
04-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I understand why WV fans are bitter and everything. But how can they not give the guy credit for bringing them back to relivance? I mean he recruited well and won some games. I'm 21 and WV football was never relivant in my memory until RR came there. Ya I know he sucks for leaving but you can at least give the guy some credit.

P-L
04-21-2008, 02:42 PM
So far, Barwis is the best coach that Michigan has taken from West Virginia. I don't know what happened to Slaton (maybe an isolated incident) but U-M players are already improving physically. Toney Clemons is bigger and faster, Darryl Stonum added 15-20 lbs and is already faster than when he stepped on campus, and Donovan Warren recently said he was noticeably faster than last season. Not to mention he's a great recruiting tool. I can't remember the last recruit to visit U-M who didn't absolutely rave about Barwis.

I remember when Rich Rod came over you were hyping up Barwis and saying that WVU was going to try it's hardest to keep him. You called him one of the top five strength and conditioning coaches in the country. But now that he's left for Michigan you've got to find ways to take shots at him. I realize that WVU fans are upset that Rich Rod and his crew left, but if you guys are happy with Stewart and you honestly think Rich Rod is as bad as you say he is, I think it's time to let the situation go.

Cigaro
04-21-2008, 03:32 PM
My prediction for Michigan:

Utah- L
Miami-OH- W
Notre Dame- L
Wisconsin- L
Illinois- L
Toledo- W
Penn State- L
Michigan State- L
Purdue- L
Minnesota- W
Northwestern- W
Ohio State- L

I think that offense will dominate the Big 10 in a few years, but they don't seem to have the personnel to fit it.

buckeyes4ever
04-21-2008, 03:33 PM
I dont think that you guys will lose more than four games next year, and the rivalry game is always up in the air because there is just that much hatred especially after the whole Pryor afair but at best id say that it is a rebuilding year. not to mention your lack of an experianced QB.

Michigan
04-21-2008, 03:33 PM

I'd much rather lose due to "lack of execution" than the ways we've been losing in recent years...

kwilk103
04-21-2008, 04:14 PM
I understand why WV fans are bitter and everything. But how can they not give the guy credit for bringing them back to relivance? I mean he recruited well and won some games. I'm 21 and WV football was never relivant in my memory until RR came there. Ya I know he sucks for leaving but you can at least give the guy some credit.

guess you missed the 2 NC games we played in?

88 fiesta bowl vs nd---would have won except major harris (2x heisman finalist) got hurt on the 2nd series and couldnt throw rest of game (sprained wrist)

93 sugar bowl vs uf---win and we get at least a share of the nc

kwilk103
04-21-2008, 04:19 PM
I love reading your posts, they are dripping with bias and I can literally feel you seething as you type the 200th negative thing about the Rodriguez regime since he left.

Cue this to be followed up with a glowing report on all of Rod's assistants that didn't follow him to Michigan, a comment about the bubble screen, and some sort of allusion to increased success in recruiting due to a new obscure position coach.

well i could mention how our starting cb said rod wouldnt let your db coach tony 'starbucks' gibson coach and rod coached the dbs

or how our new db coach said our dbs have almost no technique and are very raw

or how all-american cb aaron beasley said our dbs had no technique and gibson had business coaching fball much less d-1

or how rod made up racial allegations to get out of the buyout, but that would get the thread locked; if you want that article pm me

oh, and our position coaches are better recruiters; yes michigan will probably have a higher ranked class b/c theyre michigan, but ours will be much higher than rod and co. ever had; and they have been successful coaches wherever they have been, at bcs schools (except the wr coach whos from app st)

Sniper
04-21-2008, 04:35 PM
guess you missed the 2 NC games we played in?

88 fiesta bowl vs nd---would have won except major harris (2x heisman finalist) got hurt on the 2nd series and couldnt throw rest of game (sprained wrist)

How can you say you would have won when Harris got hurt on the 2nd series? That makes no sense.

And your pass D was ranked #14 in the country last year. So I don't care if they make our DBs play blindfolded, I'll take the #14 pass D.

buckeyes4ever
04-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Who IS Michigan's quarterback right now?

Oh yea thats right they dont have one. RR wanted Terelle Pryor so he could START next year and im sure that we can all agree that Pryor isnt ready to start this year. Thats how bad the QB situation is for the team up north. like i said they are who they are and they wont fall below .500 actually they may only lose 4 games but still they are in a building year.

kwilk103
04-21-2008, 04:44 PM
How can you say you would have won when Harris got hurt on the 2nd series? That makes no sense.

And your pass D was ranked #14 in the country last year. So I don't care if they make our DBs play blindfolded, I'll take the #14 pass D.

harris was our offense---should have said it would have been close

that 14 pass d couldnt have anything to do with a very good front 7?

3 sacks a game=39 year=15th in the country

thats why we went from being in the 60s in pass defense to top 20; our front 7 was much better at gettin to the qb

Sniper
04-21-2008, 04:47 PM
harris was our offense---should have said it would have been close

that 14 pass d couldnt have anything to do with a very good front 7?

3 sacks a game=39 year=15th in the country

thats why we went from being in the 60s in pass defense to top 20; our front 7 was much better at gettin to the qb

60s, tied for 34th....What's the difference right?

SuperMcGee
04-21-2008, 04:57 PM
I could see (Eastern) Michigan losing to Toledo. They are an underrated team (in the MAC, maybe) who will be (playing) bowling (green) this year.

Toledo is not going to beat Michigan. I think it'll be tough for them to finish in the top 3 of the MAC West this year.

kwilk103
04-21-2008, 04:58 PM
60s, tied for 34th....What's the difference right?

haha

you could see a major difference in the front 7 from 2006 to 2007

Michigan
04-21-2008, 05:04 PM
My prediction for Michigan:

Utah- L
Miami-OH- W
Notre Dame- L
Wisconsin- L
Illinois- L
Toledo- W
Penn State- L
Michigan State- L
Purdue- L
Minnesota- W
Northwestern- W
Ohio State- L

I think that offense will dominate the Big 10 in a few years, but they don't seem to have the personnel to fit it.

Our D is too good to go 4-8. We still have "Michigan" talent, and that alone is good enough to go 6-6, even with new schemes. I think we'll go 8-4, with losses to ND, Wisconsin, Purdue, and OSU.

Oh, and to those wondering, our QB next year will likely be Steven Threet, with an outside chance of Nick Sheridan and an outside outside chance of either David Cone or Justin Feagin.

Sniper
04-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Our D is too good to go 4-8. We still have "Michigan" talent, and that alone is good enough to go 6-6, even with new schemes. I think we'll go 8-4, with losses to ND, Wisconsin, Purdue, and OSU.

Oh, and to those wondering, our QB next year will likely be Steven Threet, with an outside chance of Nick Sheridan and an outside outside chance of either David Cone or Justin Feagin.

Betcha Feagin is the QB by the Illinois game.

kwilk103
04-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Betcha Feagin is the QB by the Illinois game.

wouldnt surprise me

DoWnThEfiElD
04-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I just don't see how you cannot give RR some props. 93 was the last time you played in a big game since RR. 06 you play in the Sugar Bowl right? Thats 13 years. I'm not trying to change your mind, I just really don't understand how you cannot at least give props to him for getting you guys back and recruiting great players.

Scientist McKnowitall
04-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Michigan's defense is going to carry the team this year. I think the defense will be on par with the 2006 squad and has an outside chance to be as good as the 97' National Championship squad. The Defensive Line and Secondary hasn't been this deep or experienced since the 97 team.
The offense will have to be worse than horrendous for this team to play 500 football. And as far as losing to Notre Dame, it won't happen this year. Charlie Weis is much better at spinning the media and telling them "here's how were going to get better" stories than he is a coach.

kwilk103
04-21-2008, 07:04 PM
I just don't see how you cannot give RR some props. 93 was the last time you played in a big game since RR. 06 you play in the Sugar Bowl right? Thats 13 years. I'm not trying to change your mind, I just really don't understand how you cannot at least give props to him for getting you guys back and recruiting great players.

1. no doubt he did great things; he just a slimeball; making racial allegations to get out of the buyout and telling pryor hes goin to michigan before his own team

2. nehlen did more, against tougher competition---miami, vt, we even played a very good psu team in our undefeated year in 88; rod never had more than 8 wins until miami, vt, bc went to acc

3. recruiting is debateable; our new coaches are goin to have higher ranked class than rod ever had here

4a. he got lucky with white, slaton schmitt; we were the only team to offer pat as a qb, everyone else wanted him as cb/wr; slaton was set to go to maryland until they didnt have enough schollies and he was the odd man out; we were the only team to give d-3 rb schmitt a look; he really wanted to got to maryland

4b. white wasnt the starter until 8 min left in game 6/7 in 2005; qb adam bednarik was the starter and was slow and the offense was ugly with him; gets hurt, pat leads from 17 down and the rest is history

4c. slaton was 5th on the depth chart in fall practice; 1 left before fall camp; another 2 had fumblitis; jason gwaltney the #8 rated back that year was better than slaton in the game he played, but he gets hurt and doesnt go to class and is kicked off the team

it was a perfect set of circumstances---acc raid, white deciding to come, and slaton getting his scholly pulled

DoWnThEfiElD
04-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Ok thats all fair, and I will agree with you. Just some WVU fans act like he didn't leave the program better than when he came to it. Truely WVU could be set in that conferance for a long time, and some credit should be do to the guy.

kwilk103
04-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Ok thats all fair, and I will agree with you. Just some WVU fans act like he didn't leave the program better than when he came to it. Truely WVU could be set in that conferance for a long time, and some credit should be do to the guy.

your name and rods playcalling is an oxymoron (idk if your a michigan fan though, just found it funny)

badgerbacker
04-22-2008, 02:26 PM
1. no doubt he did great things; he just a slimeball; making racial allegations to get out of the buyout and telling pryor hes goin to michigan before his own team

2. nehlen did more, against tougher competition---miami, vt, we even played a very good psu team in our undefeated year in 88; rod never had more than 8 wins until miami, vt, bc went to acc

3. recruiting is debateable; our new coaches are goin to have higher ranked class than rod ever had here

4a. he got lucky with white, slaton schmitt; we were the only team to offer pat as a qb, everyone else wanted him as cb/wr; slaton was set to go to maryland until they didnt have enough schollies and he was the odd man out; we were the only team to give d-3 rb schmitt a look; he really wanted to got to maryland

4b. white wasnt the starter until 8 min left in game 6/7 in 2005; qb adam bednarik was the starter and was slow and the offense was ugly with him; gets hurt, pat leads from 17 down and the rest is history

4c. slaton was 5th on the depth chart in fall practice; 1 left before fall camp; another 2 had fumblitis; jason gwaltney the #8 rated back that year was better than slaton in the game he played, but he gets hurt and doesnt go to class and is kicked off the team

it was a perfect set of circumstances---acc raid, white deciding to come, and slaton getting his scholly pulled
While you say he "got lucky" with Slaton, White, and Schmitt, I could just as easily say that he was the only one who recognized their talent and potential. I'm not sure why you're trying to use the fact that they weren't immediately given starting jobs against him. Perhaps they weren't ready for their roles until the times that they were given to them.

Also, a lot of the year's recruiting was done before Rich Rod left, so you can't give that one all to the new coaching staff. Obviously they played a part and something is to be said for previous recruits staying after Rod left, but you have to give Rodriguez a little credit in this year's recruiting.

I won't comment on him being a slimeball, I don't know enough to say if he is or isn't. Wouldn't surprise me though.

The teams leaving the ACC is a legitimate point, but it's not like that is his fault. There is no telling how he would have done against them since the program has definitely been on the rise the past couple of years.

Also, it's not really fair to compare his teams to the teams of 20 years ago. It's not like he took over when they were a championship caliber team and brought them down to where they are today.

I'm not saying he's some all-powerful coach, but you make it sound like he set your program back, when you know that he should be given a lot of credit for a pretty big turnaround.

kwilk103
04-22-2008, 03:10 PM
While you say he "got lucky" with Slaton, White, and Schmitt, I could just as easily say that he was the only one who recognized their talent and potential. I'm not sure why you're trying to use the fact that they weren't immediately given starting jobs against him. Perhaps they weren't ready for their roles until the times that they were given to them.

Also, a lot of the year's recruiting was done before Rich Rod left, so you can't give that one all to the new coaching staff. Obviously they played a part and something is to be said for previous recruits staying after Rod left, but you have to give Rodriguez a little credit in this year's recruiting.

I won't comment on him being a slimeball, I don't know enough to say if he is or isn't. Wouldn't surprise me though.

The teams leaving the ACC is a legitimate point, but it's not like that is his fault. There is no telling how he would have done against them since the program has definitely been on the rise the past couple of years.

Also, it's not really fair to compare his teams to the teams of 20 years ago. It's not like he took over when they were a championship caliber team and brought them down to where they are today.

I'm not saying he's some all-powerful coach, but you make it sound like he set your program back, when you know that he should be given a lot of credit for a pretty big turnaround.

you dont think he lucked out with pat and steve? and all the other backs havinig fumbling problems/injuries?

and if you want the slimeball part, pm me for the affadavit; he and oc magee made up racial allegations b/c rod cant afford the buyout, none of which were true; he claims he has less than $200,000 when he just got a $300,000 bonus from wvu for winning the big east; not to mention his $1.8 mil salary plus endorsements; it doesnt add up and its not goin to end well for him

Sniper
04-22-2008, 03:28 PM
you dont think he lucked out with pat and steve? and all the other backs havinig fumbling problems/injuries?

Once again, maybe he was the only one to recognize their potential especially considering both are tailor-made for the spread option.

kwilk103
04-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Once again, maybe he was the only one to recognize their potential especially considering both are tailor-made for the spread option.

thats why pat wasnt a starter until an injury in game 6 and slaton was 5th on the depth chart until everyone in front of him screwed up

badgerbacker
04-22-2008, 03:52 PM
I really don't care what kind of person he is or isn't. I'm just saying he turned the program around.

If lucking out is recruiting players and then playing them when it is determined that they are the best player at that position, then every college coach in the nation lucks out. Perhaps the injuries or fumbling made those two start earlier than they normally would have, but you can't make fun of Rodriguez for not starting Pat White day one when nobody else even thought he should be considered a QB.

BaLLiN
04-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Does someone want to make a Roster of starters for michigan? ill + Rep. I really dont know whats happening nowadays.

CC
04-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Right now it's looking like:

Offense
QB - Threet
RB - Minor/Brown
FB - Moundros
WR - Greg Mathews
WR - Toney Clemons
OT - Mark Ortmann
OG - Corey Zirbel
C - Dave Molk
OG - Tim McAvoy
OT - Steven Schilling
TE - Carson Butler

Defense
DE - Brandon Graham
DE - Tim Jamison
DT - Will Johnson
DT - Terrance Taylor
OLB - Jonas Mouton
OLB - Obi Ezeh
MLB - John Thompson
CB - Donovan Warren
CB - Morgan Trent
S - Steve Brown
S - Artis Chambers

Freshmen that will compete for playing time are Feagin at QB, Barnum and O'Neill on the offensive line, Stonum at WR, Shaw and T-Rob in the slot, J.B. Fitzgerald at Mike LB, and Brandon Smith at safety.

asmitty45
04-22-2008, 06:20 PM

This is a joke right? 9-3?!?

I think if you guys are 7-5 RR should get a bronze statue. You lost your top 6 or so players and completely changed your offense. You have maybe 1/3 of the players you need to fit this system, remember you DIDNT get Terrelle Pryor.

You will not beat MSU or Purdue this year and you'll be lucky to get past PSU.

I know you'll say that this is coming from a state fan, but really look at your roster and schedule and try to convince me you can win more than 8 games at the VERY best.

Vs. Illinois: Win
@ Penn State: Loss
Vs. Michigan State: Loss
@ Purdue: Loss

(7-5)

I think this is WAY more reasonable for you guys, @ PSU is no small undertaking especially now that they have a mobile QB again ala Michael Robinson.

@ Purdue is tough b/c they have a texas tech-esque passing game and a solid running game, and you have a secondary that has to learn to pay the new defense effectively.

MSU - It's going to sound homer, but this team has never been more determined and they are counting down the days till they get to play this game. Your lack of a QB/Passing Game will offset our subpar pass defense, but you wont be able to stop javon Ringer and our defensive line is as good as any in the big ten. Also we are going to have 2 all big ten LB's in Eric Gordon and Greg Jones (Frsh All-American).

Best of luck, i guess, but i think you should really get your expectations in check.

Scientist McKnowitall
04-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Offense
QB- Steven Threet (outside shot goes to Nick Sheridan)
RB- Brandon Minor
Speed Back-Carlos Brown/Avery Horn
WR-Toney Clemons, Greg Mathews
RT-Steve Schilling
RG-Corey Zirbel
C-David Moosman
LG-Tim McAvoy
LT-Mark Ortmann

Defense
LDT-Terrance Taylor
RDT-Will Johnson
WDE-Tim Jamison
SDE-Brandon Graham
SAM-Obi Ezeh
MIKE-John Thompson
WILL-Jonas Mouton
CB-Morgan Trent, Donovan Warren
FS-Steve Brown
SS-Artis Chambers/Charles Stewart

asmitty45
04-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Offense
QB- Steven Threet (outside shot goes to Nick Sheridan)
RB- Brandon Minor
Speed Back-Carlos Brown/Avery Horn
WR-Toney Clemons, Greg Mathews
RT-Steve Schilling
RG-Corey Zirbel
C-David Moosman
LG-Tim McAvoy
RT-Mark Ortmann

Defense
LDT-Terrance Taylor
RDT-Will Johnson
WDE-Tim Jamison
SDE-Brandon Graham
SAM-Obi Ezeh
MIKE-John Thompson
WILL-Jonas Mouton
CB-Morgan Trent, Donovan Warren
FS-Steve Brown
SS-Artis Chambers/Charles Stewart

No doubt there's talent there, never too short on that, but that offense is very complex and your playing in a deeper stronger Big 10.

These players were almost all brought in to play the old 3-yards and a cloud of dust kind of football big ten fans are used to seeing.

I am not convinced that a team that lost so many players and had such a radical change can flip around that quickly. 2-3 years i can see it but I'd say you should expect 7-5 and be ecstatic if you win 8.

Sniper
04-22-2008, 08:10 PM
You will not beat MSU or Purdue this year and you'll be lucky to get past PSU.

@ PSU is no small undertaking especially now that they have a mobile QB again ala Michael Robinson.

@ Purdue is tough b/c they have a texas tech-esque passing game and a solid running game, and you have a secondary that has to learn to pay the new defense effectively.

Your lack of a QB/Passing Game will offset our subpar pass defense, but you wont be able to stop javon Ringer and our defensive line is as good as any in the big ten. Also we are going to have 2 all big ten LB's in Eric Gordon and Greg Jones (Frsh All-American).

Best of luck, i guess, but i think you should really get your expectations in check.

Ok we won't beat MSU. Just like we weren't going to beat them last year because of how super-motivated you guys were. At MSU. Down by 10 with 4 minutes left. Or the year before that. Or the year before that etc...

I'll believe PSU can beat us when I see it happen.

We return everyone important from the country's #8 pass D.

I'll be worried about MSU and PSU when those teams beat us more than once every ten years or so.

Michigan
04-22-2008, 08:34 PM
what it looked like from spring practices (LB's will probably surprise you):

QB- Steven Threet
RB- Brandon Minor (95% sure, with the longshot being Kevin Grady)
FB- Vince Helmuth
WR- Greg Mathews
WR- Darryl Stonum
Slot- Toney Clemons
TE- Carson Butler
LT- Mark Ortmann
LG- David Moosman
OC- David Molk
RG- Corey Zirbel
RT- Steve Schilling

DE- Tim Jamison
DT- Terrence Taylor
DT- Will Johnson
DE- Brandon Graham
WLB- Austin Panter
MLB- Obi Ezeh
SLB- Marrell Evans
CB- Morgan Trent
CB- Donovan Warren
FS- Steve Brown
SS- Brandon Harrison

asmitty45
04-22-2008, 08:44 PM
I'll be worried about MSU and PSU when those teams beat us more than once every ten years or so.

Quick Question did you go to UofM?

Sniper
04-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Quick Question did you go to UofM?

No why? I assume you'll question my ability to be a fan of them?

asmitty45
04-22-2008, 10:16 PM
No why? I assume you'll question my ability to be a fan of them?

Not at all, I'm sure that you are a very dedicated fan I can tell from your posts, but not going there qualifies you as a "Wal-mart Wolverine".

Simply put, you do not or did not attend the university of Michigan but remain a major proponent of their program because it is much better than wherever you go or went.

Not to worry there are a lot of you, so you'll find plenty of company on this board and all around the country.

kwilk103
04-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Not at all, I'm sure that you are a very dedicated fan I can tell from your posts, but not going there qualifies you as a "Wal-mart Wolverine".

Simply put, you do not or did not attend the university of Michigan but remain a major proponent of their program because it is much better than wherever you go or went.

Not to worry there are a lot of you, so you'll find plenty of company on this board and all around the country.

lol...haha (needed 10)

P-L
04-22-2008, 10:34 PM
I really doubt Michigan is going to lose to State this year. I'd probably bet on it. You guys were "counting the days" until the Michigan game last year, in East Lansing and still lost. This year it's in Ann Arbor and it's in the second half of the season. Our offense should at least be solid by then and I'm expecting big things from that defense. Oh yeah, Brian Hoyer is still the QB for Michigan State. I'm not going to say U-M beating State is a lock, but it's very homerish to say "Michigan will not beat MSU." Maybe if your douchebag Head Coach doesn't give U-M any bulletin board material, you'll have a better chance.

P-L
04-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Michigan's defense is going to carry the team this year. I think the defense will be on par with the 2006 squad and has an outside chance to be as good as the 97' National Championship squad. The Defensive Line and Secondary hasn't been this deep or experienced since the 97 team.
You're the second person I heard say this, and I don't buy it all. That 1997 U-M defense was one of the top twenty defenses of all-time. You could probably make an argument for higher than that too. We were #1 in the nation in defense that year and we held our opponents to an average of 9 points per game. We actually had a streak of 6 straight games without allowing a TD in the 2nd half and not allowing a point in the 4th Quarter. We allowed 12 TD's all season. 1997 was so long ago that I think Michigan fans are starting to forget it.

keylime_5
04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
I think at this point it doesn't matter how many people Michigan loses from the previous year, penn state just will never beat them.

P-L
04-22-2008, 10:50 PM
This year the game is in Happy Valley. If PSU can't beat us this year, then they never will.

Sniper
04-22-2008, 11:22 PM

Well considering I've liked Michigan since age 4, I wasn't about to change my affiliation. Then again I go to a D2 school, but whatever. I'm sure EVERY Michigan State fan went to MSU.

EDIT: Every school in the country has non-alum fans. Get over it.

Scientist McKnowitall
04-22-2008, 11:23 PM
You're the second person I heard say this, and I don't buy it all. That 1997 U-M defense was one of the top twenty defenses of all-time. You could probably make an argument for higher than that too. We were #1 in the nation in defense that year and we held our opponents to an average of 9 points per game. We actually had a streak of 6 straight games without allowing a TD in the 2nd half and not allowing a point in the 4th Quarter. We allowed 12 TD's all season. 1997 was so long ago that I think Michigan fans are starting to forget it.

Yeah your right, throwing out the 97' D was a little hasty, I should have used the 2006 Defense instead. But it doesn't change the fact that defense will carry the team this year and in my opinion they will be one of if not the best unit's in the Big 10 and possibly the Country.

asmitty45
04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Well considering I've liked Michigan since age 4, I wasn't about to change my affiliation. Then again I go to a D2 school, but whatever. I'm sure EVERY Michigan State fan went to MSU.

EDIT: Every school in the country has non-alum fans. Get over it.

I know, i was just saying that you are a "Walmart Wolvie", there's nothing wrong with that its a simple statement of fact you have to come to terms with.

I have no objections, i go to MSU so I am purest however. It basically boils down to the fact that I really dont like Michigan but despite that I think in a couple years the program could turn around.

DragonFireKai
04-22-2008, 11:34 PM
I know, i was just saying that you are a "Walmart Wolvie", there's nothing wrong with that its a simple statement of fact you have to come to terms with.

I have no objections, i go to MSU so I am purest however. It basically boils down to the fact that I really dont like Michigan but despite that I think in a couple years the program could turn around.

Did you attend your masters degree at MSU? doctorate? They're more "MSU" than you are.

asmitty45
04-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Did you attend your masters degree at MSU? doctorate? They're more "MSU" than you are.

I'm a sophomore so no.

but like how Sniper is a diehard Wolverine I am a lifelong Spartan, some things will never change.

DragonFireKai
04-22-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm a sophomore so no.

but like how Sniper is a diehard Wolverine I am a lifelong Spartan, some things will never change.

The thing I take offense with is your measure of "Purity". You make it sound as if there's going to be some sort of football fan ethnic cleansing, and those fans who attend their teams college, or live in their city, will survive the coming storm. Weather or not someone attended the university of the team they root for is irrelevant. Hell, here, who they are is irrelevant, all that's of any importance is the argument. And the fact of the matter is that while sniper is a die hard michigan fan, you, not he, is the irrational fan. Are you seriously promising MSU beats Michigan? You've got to be kidding me.

Sniper
04-23-2008, 12:08 AM
i go to MSU so I am purest however.

It basically boils down to the fact that I really dont like Michigan but despite that I think in a couple years the program could turn around.

A) What the **** is this? Hogwarts from Harry Potter?
B) Um Michigan still went 8-4 and beat the Heisman Trophy winner in our bowl game. In addition, Michigan was still a game away from a split of the Big 10 title. That's one year removed from 11-2 and a Rose Bowl appearance. Where are turning around to?

By comparison, MSU has gone 7-6, 4-8, 5-6, 5-7, 8-5, and 4-8 in the past 6 years. And they're supposed to be on the "upswing"? Pft.

Scientist McKnowitall
04-23-2008, 12:13 AM
The thing I take offense with is your measure of "Purity". You make it sound as if there's going to be some sort of football fan ethnic cleansing, and those fans who attend their teams college, or live in their city, will survive the coming storm. Weather or not someone attended the university of the team they root for is irrelevant. Hell, here, who they are is irrelevant, all that's of any importance is the argument. And the fact of the matter is that while sniper is a die hard michigan fan, you, not he, is the irrational fan. Are you seriously promising MSU beats Michigan? You've got to be kidding me.

Well said dude, I go to University of Michigan Dearborn so it's not Ann Arbor but it's still U of M. What does that make me? The term Walmart Wolverine is ridiculous it simply is a last line of defense for jealous State fans who endure losses to UM year after year.

DragonFireKai
04-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Well said dude, I go to University of Michigan Dearborn so it's not Ann Arbor but it's still U of M. What does that make me? The term Walmart Wolverine is ridiculous it simply is a last line of defense for jealous State fans who endure losses to UM year after year.

It's a sad, sad day when I'm defending UM...

Sniper
04-23-2008, 12:25 AM
It's a sad, sad day when I'm defending UM...

Why's that?

DragonFireKai
04-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Why's that?

I'll be honest, I don't like Michigan. At all. Few things make me happier than watching them get curbstomped in the Rose Bowl. But when people start commenting on the purity of someone's fandom, based on their alma mater, that bothers me.

Sniper
04-23-2008, 12:32 AM
I'll be honest, I don't like Michigan. At all. Few things make me happier than watching them get curbstomped in the Rose Bowl. But when people start commenting on the purity of someone's fandom, based on their alma mater, that bothers me.

Any particular reason for your U-M hatred?

whytsell05
04-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Read the boards for awhile but this is the first time I've actually felt like posting.

I live in Morgantown and go to WVU but even I have to say you have a ridiculous bias against Rich Rod, kwlik. I'm not saying he was perfect but you act like he is a terrible coach with only luck on his side. Some criticisms of him are fair, like his reluctance to initially play Pat White despite Pat showing far more ability then his competition and Rich is terribly stubborn in his play calling sometimes. Say what you want about Don Nehlen but his teams also had a lot of down years compared to the two great seasons. After his system was in place, Rich produced consistently good records and the program was/is in great shape to continue.

That being said, I think he is a very good coach and will succeed at Michigan over time. I know it probably doesn't too reliable making a claim like this on a board but one of my roommate's dad's is pretty good friends with Rich and went and visited him in Michigan a few weeks ago and Rich told him along the lines of, "I see why Lloyd retired, these guys are terrible". Based on that, I would say they will only go around 6-6 or 7-5 unless the offense surprises even Rich. Just give him a year to toughen the players up and Michigan will be fine.

DragonFireKai
04-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Any particular reason for your U-M hatred?

Combination of factors. Annoying fans, uninteresting style of play, Pac 10/big ten rivalry. But I guess the biggest factor was that the one Rose Bowl I actually got a chance to go to, I went expecting a good game, and Michigan didn't even show up. That always stuck in my craw. Paid out the nose to get there, just to watch a USC team that I didn't really care about waltz all over a Michigan team I didn't care about. The only thing I really had was the expectation of a good game, and Michigan took that from me.

YAYareaRB
04-23-2008, 12:49 AM
I actually like Michigan.. I absolutely HATE Ohio State!

srv fan
04-23-2008, 11:49 AM
On a side note, does anyone know a good torrent site for Wolverine games? I'm studying abroad next year, and don't want to miss this upcoming season.

Oh, and smitty, you need to stop talking about Walmart Wolverines. Every program that has a long tradition and is very successful attracts fans outside their immediate alumni base and surrounding geographical area. Maybe they had an uncle or dad who was a fan, maybe they liked the uniforms or style of play, but the point is, a lot of people from different places can become dedicated fans of a program without being bandwagon hoppers. There are hundreds of thousands of fans like Sniper for UM, USC, Texas, Notre Dame, tOSU, etc. They became fans early in life, and they've stuck with it through thick and thin. I go to UM-Ann Arbor, both my parents did, whatever- it doesn't matter, because as far as fandom goes, Sniper is as much of a true blue Wolverine as anyone I've met on campus.

Then again, you probably don't understand, because no one outside a 100 mile radius of East Lansing actually wants to be associated with Michigan State. The whole concept of a nationwide fanbase is as strange as the idea of not rioting.

Vikes99ej
04-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Why is Justin Boren leaving UM for OSU?

srv fan
04-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Several reasons.

- He was a legacy commit (his dad played for Bo), and seeing as Rich Rod kind of marks the end of the Bo coaching tree, that was a factor. Plus, Rich Rod is an asshole (albeit a very smart and competent one), Carr was a really nice guy, and Boren has said he didn't like the change.

- Boren doesn't really fit in our offense. He's a traditional mauler, which would be great if we still ran 3 yards and a cloud of dust. With the spread offense, a new premium is being placed on speed and technique, neither of which Boren was particularly good at.

- Barwis (new S and C coach) is absolutely crazy, and is making everyone on the team go through some crazy workouts to get stronger and faster. Boren is a big and out of shape guy, by all accounts hated the endless conditioning drills and hurry up offense, and basically bitched out.

P-L
04-23-2008, 01:21 PM
I don't go to U-M, but it's because my parents and I couldn't afford it. Pay $22,000 per year to go to Michigan or pay $8,000 per year to go to Oakland University (I now pay $1,600 per at Community College)? Tough decision...

kwilk103
04-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Several reasons.

- He was a legacy commit (his dad played for Bo), and seeing as Rich Rod kind of marks the end of the Bo coaching tree, that was a factor. Plus, Rich Rod is an asshole (albeit a very smart and competent one), Carr was a really nice guy, and Boren has said he didn't like the change.

- Boren doesn't really fit in our offense. He's a traditional mauler, which would be great if we still ran 3 yards and a cloud of dust. With the spread offense, a new premium is being placed on speed and technique, neither of which Boren was particularly good at.

- Barwis (new S and C coach) is absolutely crazy, and is making everyone on the team go through some crazy workouts to get stronger and faster. Boren is a big and out of shape guy, by all accounts hated the endless conditioning drills and hurry up offense, and basically bitched out.

a michigan fan who sees the light; but the smart thing is debateable; hes looking at another lawsuit for slander as soon as the buyout one is finished; if he loses that (which he will) he might have to file for bankruptcy (only has $200,000 net worth and owes $4 mil)

srv fan
04-23-2008, 03:57 PM
a michigan fan who sees the light; but the smart thing is debateable; hes looking at another lawsuit for slander as soon as the buyout one is finished; if he loses that (which he will) he might have to file for bankruptcy (only has $200,000 net worth and owes $4 mil)

How is it "seeing the light" that RR probably isn't the nicest guy in the world? You can probably count the number of "nice" D1 coaches on one hand. Doesn't mean RR or any other coach is a bad guy, but they're not paid millions of dollars to hold people's hands.

Also, your obsession with Rich Rod is creepy.

Sniper
04-23-2008, 03:58 PM
How is it "seeing the light" that RR probably isn't the nicest guy in the world? You can probably count the number of "nice" D1 coaches on one hand. Doesn't mean RR or any other coach is a bad guy, but they're not paid millions of dollars to hold people's hands.

Don't yell at Justin! He doesn't like that. It hurts his feelings

kwilk103
04-23-2008, 04:35 PM

Also, your obsession with Rich Rod is creepy.

most michigan fans i've read love him and thinks he can do no wrong

he is an ahole; check out pat whites comments on him

DoWnThEfiElD
04-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Good god this whole WVU-Mich complianing/arguing is annoying. Who cares anymore, both sides are happy. Nobody here from Mich really cares what any WVU fans think of RR. So you can say all the crap you want its not like anyone from Mich is gona be "oh ya i totally argree with you". He isn't a bad coach bottom line. Both sides should just move on and talk about something else.

Oh also Boren is a wuss. What does he think will happen if/when he goes to the NFL? He is going to be competing against huge guys whos life could ride on making that team. No coach is going to go easy on him from then on out. I would love to see if he would even consider being drafted by the Pats or Giants. I don't care that he went to OSU, he just proved to everyone that he is soft. Which is probably the worst thing you could be as a football player. Promise you when he is getting interviewed by NFL scouts this will come up to bite him in the arse.

srv fan
04-23-2008, 05:22 PM
most michigan fans i've read love him and thinks he can do no wrong

he is an ahole; check out pat whites comments on him

I don't really care too much about whether he's an asshole or not, as long he keeps the program on the moral straight and narrow, and produces onfield results. Like I alluded to, the nature of football coaching lends itself to extremely driven, type A personalities who prioritize team success over everything else and are willing to bust peoples balls and hurt their feelings to produce results. You can still be a great person and individual leader and be a bit of an asshole- Bo wasn't exactly Mr. Warm and Friendly in his persona and he's probably one of the most universally admired coaches ever, both on and off the field. So even if Pat White thinks Rich Rod is an asshole, I don't really care, because being extremely driven and results-oriented is what helped turn a 3 star cornerback into a Heisman-contending quarterback, and a moribund football program into a BCS contender. Rich Rod has a proven system, a proven method of coaching, and if that system hurts some people's feelings- oh well. Bo wasn't initially too popular with players who liked the previous regime, either.

asmitty45
04-23-2008, 05:58 PM
A) What the **** is this? Hogwarts from Harry Potter?
B) Um Michigan still went 8-4 and beat the Heisman Trophy winner in our bowl game. In addition, Michigan was still a game away from a split of the Big 10 title. That's one year removed from 11-2 and a Rose Bowl appearance. Where are turning around to?

By comparison, MSU has gone 7-6, 4-8, 5-6, 5-7, 8-5, and 4-8 in the past 6 years. And they're supposed to be on the "upswing"? Pft.

Meant to say "A purest" like i like the school i go to.

Ya I know we were bad, i never argued that. Upswing yes, new coach new regime that went from an idiot in charge to a guy who knows what he's doing in Dantonio.

I'm just think the change you guys are making requires a certain set of players you dont have. Who's your pat white? steve slaton? noel devine? for that matter whos your owen schmitt? dingle? I could go on.

You dont have the players yet, yet being the key word. Im sure youll get them but until you do you have to temper your expectations.

DragonFireKai
04-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Meant to say "A purest" like i like the school i go to.

Purist What did the english language ever do to you? You must be a business major.

Ya I know we were bad, i never argued that. Upswing yes, new coach new regime that went from an idiot in charge to a guy who knows what he's doing in Dantonio.

I'm just think the change you guys are making requires a certain set of players you dont have. Who's your pat white? steve slaton? noel devine? for that matter whos your owen schmitt? dingle? I could go on.

You dont have the players yet, yet being the key word. Im sure youll get them but until you do you have to temper your expectations.

Why do you think he's just going to drop the system in cold turkey? Coaches can adapt. Right now he's phasing in a no huddle fast paced offense, but that's a matter of conditioning, not talent. He's not asking the team to be West Virginia just yet.

CC
04-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Purist What did the english language ever do to you? You must be a business major.

Or just a MSU student.

Scientist McKnowitall
04-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Several reasons.

Thats pretty much spot on on Boren, Boren's father wanted UM to recruit his son and Justin's brother Zach but when it was apparent that M wasn't interested in him Justin made up the garbage about "the erosion of family values" and transfered to tOSU where both Justin and Zach will be playing next year.

asmitty45
04-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh yeah, Brian Hoyer is still the QB for Michigan State.

And last year was his first starting. he has a better corps of WR's, a better OLine and a one of the best RB's in the country still in the backfield.

Regardless of any of those notions, he's a senior and your QB, regardless of who it is, will never have thrown a pass or run a play in NCAA football before this year.

Experience counts for something, and in my experiences watching football, that something can go a long way.

Maybe if your douchebag Head Coach doesn't give U-M any bulletin board material, you'll have a better chance.

Lets talk about d-bag head coach's for a minute. Dick-Rod has been accused of more stuff in the last few months then Mark Dantonio has in his life. Dick-Rod is a slimeball, i dont care if all his players love him. The only coach worse than him in sleezyness in College Football right now is the one and only Bobby Petrino.

Also, lets talk bulletin board material, i happen to recall one 4 foot running back calling us the "little brother". I guarantee thats up in the locker room, if you think the school isn't pissed about that remark you should've seen the basketball game, if you can call it that, our schools played in this past year (although i'm sure you didn't watch b/c your team is so god awful). The chants of "little sister" rang from every corner of the Breslin center. So don't think even though #20 is gone to the bench in the NFL that our team will forget about that.

I'm not going to say U-M beating State is a lock, but it's very homerish to say "Michigan will not beat MSU."

Homer-ish sure, but i think we have the better team and think we will win the game. What is wrong with that? you think your team is better than mine, so you'd make the same case.

Bottom Line on this whole thing is that I think UofM will go 7-5 this year and will lose to MSU.

Scotty D
04-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Boren = traitor on a massive scale

Sniper
04-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Also, lets talk bulletin board material, i happen to recall one 4 foot running back calling us the "little brother". I guarantee thats up in the locker room

Your team is a ******* joke. You had the mock moment of silence at the beginning of the year, you had your dumbass Countdown to Michigan clock going on, you had the game moved to a night game etc...You had a 10 point lead with four minutes left....AND YOU STILL COULDN'T BEAT US! So excuse me if I don't believe you being motivated to win will do something.

Sniper
04-23-2008, 08:18 PM
So don't think even though #20 is gone to the bench in the NFL that our team will forget about that.

Maybe so, but he still went 4-0 against your ***** asses.

Sniper
04-23-2008, 08:19 PM

Pat White=Justin Feagin
Steve Slaton=Carlos Brown
Noel Devine=Sam McGuffie
Owen Schmitt=Kevin Grady
Johnny Dingle=Brandon Graham/Tim Jamison/Terrance Taylor

kwilk103
04-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Pat White=Justin Feagin
Noel Devine=Sam McGuffie
Owen Schmitt=Kevin Grady

1. it will be very tough to feagin to replicate pat; pat redshirted, doubt feagin will; plus pat has won 3 bowls, 2 bcs---again very tough

2. mcguffie is good, but devine is the closest thing to barry sanders in a long time

3. dont know much about grady, but owen was one of the best lead backs in fball last year

4. are you guys using that stupid punt formation? i hated that

srv fan
04-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Pat White=Justin Feagin
Noel Devine=Sam McGuffie
Owen Schmitt=Kevin Grady

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here...

DragonFireKai
04-23-2008, 08:48 PM
1. it will be very tough to feagin to replicate pat; pat redshirted, doubt feagin will; plus pat has won 3 bowls, 2 bcs---again very tough

It's a matter of the skillset, not the record. Michigan won't win two BCS bowls, because whenever they make it to the Rose Bowl, they get all glossy eyed and get trampled.

2. mcguffie is good, but devine is the closest thing to barry sanders in a long time

That's a very funny joke.

kwilk103
04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
um, look at sanders film, then look at devine's

very very similar; devines balance is one of the best i've ever seen, plus he is extremely strong for his size

FatJJ44
04-23-2008, 09:04 PM
All you ever do is bash RR. It seems like you forgot what he did for your school. You guys would be at the bottom of the big east right now if it wasn't for him. Ever sincs RR left for Michigan you have attempted to fault him for everything he has and will ever do.

DragonFireKai
04-23-2008, 09:07 PM
um, look at sanders film, then look at devine's

very very similar; devines balance is one of the best i've ever seen, plus he is extremely strong for his size

Not even close. Sanders was an otherworldly runner. Devine has similar COD, but he doesn't have the same straight line speed that Sanders had, and doesn't touch Sanders in terms of balance. If Devine's the best you've seen, then you're likely around 14 years old, and haven't watched many games outside the big east. Devine also lacks the power that Sanders ran with.

mqtirishfan
04-23-2008, 09:14 PM

This is the stupidest **** I've ever read. Am I not allowed to cheer for the Packers because I've never worked for them? I love how a random kid who simply goes to football games at the school they attend, and may not even care about football at all is somehow more of a fan than a person who watches every game from the time they're 5.

kwilk103
04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Not even close. Sanders was an otherworldly runner. Devine has similar COD, but he doesn't have the same straight line speed that Sanders had, and doesn't touch Sanders in terms of balance. If Devine's the best you've seen, then you're likely around 14 years old, and haven't watched many games outside the big east. Devine also lacks the power that Sanders ran with.

did i say he was the best? no, one of the best

devine lacks the power b/c he is smaller, but is extremely strong for his size

DragonFireKai
04-23-2008, 09:52 PM
did i say he was the best? no, one of the best

devine lacks the power b/c he is smaller, but is extremely strong for his size

Strong for his size doesn't help you a whole lot when you're on the field with players who weigh 50 lbs heavier than you and run near as fast. There are no weight classes in football.

asmitty45
04-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Pat White=Justin Feagin
Noel Devine=Sam McGuffie
Owen Schmitt=Kevin Grady

im just laughing at these

asmitty45
04-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Or just a MSU student.

to take a line from iamcanadian "and proud of it!"

asmitty45
04-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Your team is a ******* joke. You had the mock moment of silence at the beginning of the year, you had your dumbass Countdown to Michigan clock going on, you had the game moved to a night game etc...You had a 10 point lead with four minutes left....AND YOU STILL COULDN'T BEAT US! So excuse me if I don't believe you being motivated to win will do something.

OK, valid point, you guys were totally amped up to play OSU this year, and for the last, what, 6 years? and you still couldn't get it done, i get it now, it FINALLY makes sense.

Also, My opinion that all of the dbag UofM fans are the ones that don't go there is totally confirmed, thank you for clearing that up for me.

but finally by "you couldn't beat us" do you mean your d-2 school? Because after the App. St game last year, that game between UM and your school would be a pretty good one.

I'm done.

Sniper
04-23-2008, 11:14 PM
im just laughing at these

I'm laughing at MSU's ineptidude.

The similarities are uncanny.

Sniper
04-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Because after the App. St game last year, that game between UM and your school would be a pretty good one.

I'm done.

No you're not done. MSU fans can't say **** about Appalachian State. You lost to the team that lost to Appalachian State. So what does that make you? A steaming pile of monkey ****?

Sniper
04-23-2008, 11:17 PM
OK, valid point, you guys were totally amped up to play OSU this year, and for the last, what, 6 years? and you still couldn't get it done, i get it now, it FINALLY makes sense.

Why do you keep dodging UM's dominance over MSU by bringing up other teams? You're an MSU fan, not OSU. I don't say **** about OSU because they've dominated us. You'd be wise to do the same about the team that's dominated you worse than OSU has dominated UM.

By the way, how are you a Lions fan? You can't be a Lions fan since you haven't worked for them or played for them. Right?

DragonFireKai
04-24-2008, 02:09 AM
By the way, how are you a Lions fan? You can't be a Lions fan since you haven't worked for them or played for them. Right?

How is anyone a Lions fan? You have to be a perverted masochist to derive any pleasure from watching that cavalcade of failure and tragedy.

asmitty45
04-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Why do you keep dodging UM's dominance over MSU by bringing up other teams? You're an MSU fan, not OSU. I don't say **** about OSU because they've dominated us. You'd be wise to do the same about the team that's dominated you worse than OSU has dominated UM.

Alright here you go then, this is what you want to hear:

Michigan is the best university in the country and despite their major change in scheme and lack of players to fit that scheme, i don't think they will lose a single game this year or for the next decade for that matter.

you've smoked MSU forever and we will never stand a chance of beating the almighty Wolverines.

Happy?

Sniper
04-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Alright here you go then, this is what you want to hear:

Michigan is the best university in the country and despite their major change in scheme and lack of players to fit that scheme, i don't think they will lose a single game this year or for the next decade for that matter.

you've smoked MSU forever and we will never stand a chance of beating the almighty Wolverines.

Happy?

No, it's not what I want to hear. I'm just sick and tired of hearing MSU fans talk **** when they haven't done jack **** against Michigan lately. You bring up other teams' victories against Michigan because in your sad, pathetic little world, that's all you can regale yourself with, because Lord knows MSU doesn't beat UM.

asmitty45
04-24-2008, 03:40 PM
No, it's not what I want to hear. I'm just sick and tired of hearing MSU fans talk **** when they haven't done jack **** against Michigan lately. You bring up other teams' victories against Michigan because in your sad, pathetic little world, that's all you can regale yourself with, because Lord knows MSU doesn't beat UM.

Ok, fine.

here ya go. I think UofM will go 7-5 and lose to MSU, end of story.

srv fan
04-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Someone knowledgeable want to tell me what Newsome is like? I know he's highly rated, but thats about it.

Michigan
04-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Someone knowledgeable want to tell me what Newsome is like? I know he's highly rated, but thats about it.

IMO, he's more of a "runner who can QB" than a "QB who can run". That isn't necessarily a bad thing, given RR's history. Elite athlete (6'3 213 14.1 110M hurdles), and in many ways like Terrell Pryor (Fantastic arm strength, spotty accuracy, tendency to force throws). Terrific personality. He's definitely our QB of the future, but has the athleticism to succeed at other positions.

EDIT- found this snippet from ESPN:

According to the Detroit Free Press, ESPN 150 Watch List athlete / quarterback Kevin Newsome committed to play for the Wolverines Thursday morning.

ESPN's Tom Luginbill said of the pickup, "He is reminiscent of Cameron Newton from the 2007 class only Newsome might be a better runner and scrambler at this stage. A true dual-threat that can really create some problems in the spread. Is still somewhat raw as a passer, but when on the perimeter is a dangerous as a run/pass option. Big, tall and athletic with the arm to develop into a very good passer at the next level."
"Now Michigan fans can breathe a sigh of relief since Terrelle Pryor opted to go to Ohio State because Newsome is very similar and can give them the same type of production in Rich Rodriguez's spread scheme. The hope is that he could transfer mid-semester and be the guy as a freshman if they want the best chance of running this scheme to its fullest extent."
"It's an indication of things to come on the recruiting trail as a guy like Newsome would have never considered Michigan before and if Michigan were to recruit a player like Newsome in the past, it probably would have been with the intention of moving him to another position."

kwilk103
04-24-2008, 06:01 PM

good runner, but he has a weird delivery

him and boyd were 1a and 1b as qb go in va

newsome was #1 by both scout and rivals, boyd #2

boyd was #1 by roanoke times, newsome #2

newsome had 1300 passing yds, 500 rush yds for 24 td

boyd had 500 rush yds, 2000 pass yds 31 td 69%

personally, i'd rather have boyd, but for rods system newsome is the better one

mqtirishfan
04-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Ok, fine.

here ya go. I think UofM will go 7-5 and lose to MSU, end of story.

Doubtful. MSU has nothing on UM. However, there's a very good chance that MSU will take care of ND this year. See, that's how it works.

keylime_5
04-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Newsome and Toussaint are gonna be sick in that ZRO offense. Between them and Campbel & Turner they have a great start to recruiting.

FatJJ44
04-24-2008, 08:04 PM
heres a video of newsome. the quality is not really good but here it is. it seems like he just runs away from people in the open field
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ExJDDlWeJz0

Sniper
04-25-2008, 08:04 AM
Newsome and Toussaint are gonna be sick in that ZRO offense. Between them and Campbel & Turner they have a great start to recruiting.

Teric Jones could also excel in that offense.