PDA

View Full Version : More Pacman news

vidae
04-21-2008, 09:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3357972

LAS VEGAS -- Adam "Pacman" Jones paid "extortion" money to a 29-year-old man arrested for a Las Vegas strip club shooting that left a club employee paralyzed, police said.

Arvin Kenti Edwards, of Renton, Wash., allegedly used go-betweens to reach Jones, who paid $15,000 in two installments after the shooting, according to a police report obtained Monday.

Apologies if this has been posted already. Weird article.

regoob2
04-21-2008, 10:12 PM
wow, it seems like pacman is just having trouble adjusting to adult life. I think he'll turn it around.

BaLLiN
04-21-2008, 10:18 PM
any more news on the trade to dallas?

McGahee
04-21-2008, 10:26 PM
It's pretty sad knowing that this thug has a chance of making a really high income with his immaturity and lack of intelligence, while most Americans with half a brain have to work twice as hard for a fraction of the income..

OzTitan
04-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Well, it at least seems to suggest the shooter wasn't in Jones' immediate 'circle', which is a good thing for Jones as he now legitimately probably didn't know him prior to that night as he has claimed.

It doesn't look good that you're paying some guy $15K after a shooting but he did pick him out of a lineup, so I guess it's possible it was extortion money and Jones just didn't want some insane gun toting looney after him. It's not illegal to pay someone money who is threatening you.

The big question will be, did Jones tell Goodell about this? If he told him he never knew who the shooter was and then it turns out he paid him money to get him off his back, then that may be the final straw.

OzTitan
04-21-2008, 10:43 PM
BTW, this is a pretty good article to sum it up:

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=8205759

kwilk103
04-21-2008, 10:58 PM
heres the warrant/summonce

http://www2.lasvegasnow.com/docs/arvinedwards.pdf

sounds like what pac-man told the cops is being backed up

Ware_HITStick
04-22-2008, 07:28 AM
So, in a nutshell, is this good or bad for Pacman... story is kinda confusing

regoob2
04-22-2008, 07:33 AM
So, in a nutshell, is this good or bad for Pacman... story is kinda confusing
I don't think it's bad at all for pacman.

kwilk103
04-22-2008, 08:53 AM
its good for pac-man

OzTitan
04-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Well not necessarily. One way you could look at it is Jones, at the time in the heat of the moment, promising this guy money if he shot the place up, which he then proceeded to pay, but later he realized he'd need to come clean about knowing who did the shooting if he ever wanted to be reinstated (because, come on, they knew he knew), so he agrees to do a lineup and point him out, and to cover his tracks, claim the guy was paid only because he threatened to come after him if he didn't.

It's a possibility. From what I gather Jones didn't immeditately tell the police he knew the shooter. Of course he may not have known him personally or at all before that night, but unless I'm mistaken it seems Jones initially insisted he had absolutely no contact with him at all, which he later changed to 'having some contact' with that night prior to the shooting, i.e., "I'll take care of it for you Pacman", to which he replied "Whatever". It's a little fishy to me, but I'm sure more will be known soon enough.

kwilk103
04-22-2008, 11:07 AM
heres what i think:

the police knew about the extortion money, but it know got leaked b/c the shooter was arrested