PDA

View Full Version : Your Personal Giants Mock

BaLLiN
04-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Post a mock of what the giants will do on draft day (im bored and trying to make the best of my time)

Ill stary off...

We're probably trading shockey, so im guessing we recieve Roman Harper FS switch 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders.

1. Antoine Cason CB
Very versatile corner, returner so is good with the ball, good height, nice physicality.
2. Reggie Smith FS
Perfect for us, keeps the play infront of him, can play the nickel, Good height, great technique tackler, returner as well and is good with the ball, Very versatile.
3. Eddie Royal WR
Great fit for us, puts alot of effort into blocking, probably a slot reciever, great at stretching the field and run after catch, probably a top 5 returner in this class.
3. John Carlson TE
Since we lose Shockey, we need to replace him with a dual threat, Carlson reminds me of Witten, could definately be a good #2 TE
4. Drew Radovich OG
Could start in a few years, overall good value here
5. Jolonn Dunbar MLB
Reminds me of AP, smart, can tackle well, makes plays.
6. Marcus Dixon DT/DE
Would be great for our Ace Package, could be that space eater we need, nice versatility, leader, hard worker.
6. Bobbie Williams SS/FS
Great intangibles, great hitter, can cover better than average, just needs to be taught better technique.
6. Nick Watkins OLB (WLB)
Best cover LB in the draft, amazing production, leader, great special teamer, fluid hips, nice speed.

BaLLiN
04-22-2008, 05:39 PM
im glad no one takes me seriously

OSUGiants17
04-22-2008, 07:34 PM
nice mock but I think we could get a second for shockey.

Turtlepower
04-22-2008, 07:45 PM
1. Tyrell Johnson, S
2. Marcus Harrison, DT
3. Terrence Wheatley, CB
4. Tony Hills, OT/OG/TE
5. Ezra Butler, OLB
6. Adrian Arrington, WR
6. Ryan Torrain, RB
6. Eric Foster, DT/DE

hugegmenfan
04-23-2008, 12:25 AM
Im not sure how realistic my mock is haha, but here are rounds 1-4

Round 1- Antoine Cason CB Zona
Round 2- Reggie Smith S Oklahoma
Round 3- Andre Caldwell WR Florida
Round 4- Wesley Woodyard OLB Kentucky

its on my sig as well.
I love Cason. He is an incredibly smart and dedicated football player and reminds me a lot of Ross.
Reggie Smith. I have been a fan of him from the start, but i think pick #31 is a reach truthfully and in all seriousness i think he will be there round 2, without us having to trade up.
Andre Caldwell- He'll probably be gone by time we pick, but i like the guy and he has the potential to be a very solid #2 target in the NFL.
Woodyard- The LB class in this draft is pretty weak to say the least, so i think its not a great idea to spend a pick in the first 3 rounds on some one who is not worth it and i would rather spend a mid day 2 pick on a guy like woodyard. I saw tape of him on the nfl network and fell in love with the guy and from what i saw, it seems as if he could fit our system, although i would like some more info on that

Turtlepower
04-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Edit: Sorry about that post...

OSUGiants17
04-23-2008, 10:52 AM
day 1 mock in my sig.

bigbluedefense
04-23-2008, 11:19 AM
This is assuming no trades, including Shockey.

1. Antoine Cason
-great character guy who has great ball skills and would fit with what we want to do. not great top end speed, but that didn't stop us from drafting Ross.

2. Tyrell Johnson
-seems like the most likely 2nd round safety we would go after if we don't nab Phillips or Smith

3. Jeremy Zuttah
-versatile offensive linemen that adds to our depth. local guy.

4. Stanford Keglar
-mid round LB we would use to compete with Wilk at WILL.

5. Tommy Blake
-has all the potential in the world but will fall hard bc of his issues. at this point he's worth the gamble, and we hope we land a steal. getting a pass rusher of his quality in this position in the draft is awfully hard to ignore.

6. Ahtiba Rubin
-run stuffer we need inside

7. Some hot dogs.
-theyre gonna get hungry in that war room.

hugegmenfan
04-23-2008, 06:48 PM
This is assuming no trades, including Shockey.

1. Antoine Cason
-great character guy who has great ball skills and would fit with what we want to do. not great top end speed, but that didn't stop us from drafting Ross.

2. Tyrell Johnson
-seems like the most likely 2nd round safety we would go after if we don't nab Phillips or Smith

3. Jeremy Zuttah
-versatile offensive linemen that adds to our depth. local guy.

4. Stanford Keglar
-mid round LB we would use to compete with Wilk at WILL.

5. Tommy Blake
-has all the potential in the world but will fall hard bc of his issues. at this point he's worth the gamble, and we hope we land a steal. getting a pass rusher of his quality in this position in the draft is awfully hard to ignore.

6. Ahtiba Rubin
-run stuffer we need inside

7. Some hot dogs.
-theyre gonna get hungry in that war room.

id be very satisfied with that draft to say the least

BaLLiN
04-26-2008, 08:44 AM
I dont think Jerod will be there, so

1. Antoine Cason CB
2a. Reggie Smith FS
2b. Pat Sims DT
3 (switch with NO). John Carlson TE
4. Geno Hayes OLB
5. Brandon Keith OT/OG
6. Bobbie Williams SS
6. Lance Legget WR