PDA

View Full Version : Totally not going to happen

villagewarrior
04-22-2008, 02:41 AM
So I'm probably in the midst of an all-nighter because I have a ton of papers to revise, but I need a reprieve, so here are my highly improbable wishes for the draft if Jared is indeed traded for a 1st and a 3rd. First, if Matt Ryan is available (and he will be) the Chiefs trade #5 to Baltimore for the Ravens' 1st and 2nd round picks.

1a. Ryan Clady T Boise St
1b. Phillip Merling DE Clemson
2a. Chilo Rachal G USC
2b. Patrick Lee CB Auburn
3a. Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt
3b. Jerome Simpson WR Coastal Carolina

Honestly, I have no idea where the Chiefs would go with the last 3rd round pick, but Scott's profile on Simpson intrigues me.

BPhilb
04-22-2008, 09:24 AM
I love the 2nd round but don't like the first round. Clady appears to be falling as his interviews have supposedly been terrible and the guy appears to lack passion. I would guess it would be Albert or Otah there but hard telling. Merling doesn't do a lot for me, but might be the best of the lot at DE at this point. I think we would find better value here at CB or maybe even come back and grab a 2nd tackle to finish that need. I don't like the 5th spot or 17th in this draft as it just doesn't appear to be full of value at this point. Hard telling though, this 2:00 start time for the draft is going to make for a long day Saturday.

vidae
04-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I agree with BPhilb here, corner at 17 is probably a better value and probably a bigger need.

Clady is okay but I think Albert will be the pick. I like Rachal and Lee, but back to back WR? I'm not sure it happens.

Also, with the news that Jake Long is the #1 pick, there is a strong possibility that Matt Ryan is not there at 5. If it goes Long to the Dolphins and Dorsey to the Rams, who would the Falcons take at 3? (I know you did this before the news of Jake Long came out, but I threw it in here for the purposes of discussion!)

T-RICH49
04-22-2008, 12:41 PM
If the Rams take Dorsey then ATL may take Ryan and leaves us with Albert or the miracle chance C. Long falls to 5.If the Rams take C.Long then that means ATl would take Dorsey and we'd choose from Ryan, Albert or possibly Ellis

vidae
04-22-2008, 01:09 PM
At this point, I still see us taking Ryan. I still think he'll be there at 5. It wouldn't surprise me if Gholston was still there at 5 and someone like the Pats traded up ahead of the Jets for him. We'd move down to 7 and still take Ryan. I just think he's going to be the pick.

villagewarrior
04-22-2008, 01:10 PM
I think the Raiders are a huge guessing spot as well, since everyone assumes that McFadden goes here at 4. Who knows. And, I have to be honest, I'm really not a fan of any players who aren't offensive or defensive linemen this year. It just seems like all of the so-called skill position players have faults or something that just doesn't sell me on them.

I would totally advocate using all of our picks on offensive and defensive linemen and selling the other picks on future selections.

T-RICH49
04-22-2008, 01:30 PM
McShay said he's been hearing more and more that Oakland may not take C. Long if he's there at 5.granted it's all a guessing game still but man if we trade JA then are able to snag Chris Long then got OT(maybe Chris Williams) at 17 that'd be a great first 2 picks

vidae
04-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I find it hard to believe that Chris Williams falls to 17. Otah? Sure, but not Williams.

We'll see in a few days.

T-RICH49
04-22-2008, 01:38 PM
I find it hard to believe that Chris Williams falls to 17. Otah? Sure, but not Williams.

We'll see in a few days.

crazier things happen.we can even get OL(Collins, Baker, Nicks) in the 2nd and go C.Long at 5 and Cromartie or Talib at 17

vidae
04-22-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't like DRC at all. I can't tell you why, I just don't.

T-RICH49
04-22-2008, 02:16 PM
I don't like DRC at all. I can't tell you why, I just don't.

heck his cousin is a star and I believe DRC has all the tools to be a great CB in this league.I guess to each his own though

Ho0k Em'
04-22-2008, 02:24 PM
MIA- Jake Long
STL- Chris Long
ATL- Matt Ryan
OAK- Vernon Gholston
KC-Glenn Dorsey

That's how i'm hoping all this falls, and I think it's a good possibility. If we trade Jared Allen then i'd LOVE to somehow get Harvey at 17(not going to happen, but if he's not there I'd like to see us pick up Merling. This is a really deep O-line draft so I think that we can afford to go BPA in the 1st because we have so many holes. In the 2nd hopefully one of the 1st round OT's will fall, but we could pick up Baker, Brown, Nicks or trade down. With the two 3rd's I like to pick up an interior O-lineman and a DB.

vidae
04-22-2008, 04:01 PM
I don't think that the Falcons pass on Dorsey if he's available, which would mean we'd take Ryan.

T-RICH49
04-22-2008, 04:32 PM
now if STL takes Dorsey which is very possible then ATL may take Ryan

adschofield
04-22-2008, 05:35 PM
1. Matt Ryan
1. Branden Albert
2. Calais Campbell
3. Earl Bennett
3. Antwun Molden
4. Kerry Brown

adschofield
04-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Cromartie would be sick in the Cover 2 with those ball skills

T-RICH49
04-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Cromartie would be sick in the Cover 2 with those ball skills

yeah man we've seen what Antonio can do let's see his cousin do the same thing in red and gold

Ho0k Em'
04-22-2008, 09:43 PM
I don't think that the Falcons pass on Dorsey if he's available, which would mean we'd take Ryan.

I don't believe that the Falcons don't take Ryan, and I can't believe it until they actually pass on him. I can't see them passing on the best QB in the draft with Chris Redman as the #1 QB on their roster. I don't think they can afford to wait until the 2nd either and hope for Brohm to be there.

vidae
04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
I don't believe that the Falcons don't take Ryan, and I can't believe it until they actually pass on him. I can't see them passing on the best QB in the draft with Chris Redman as the #1 QB on their roster. I don't think they can afford to wait until the 2nd either and hope for Brohm to be there.

You have to remember that they have like three second round picks or something insane. If they grade Brohm higher then yes, they can and will pass on Ryan. Is it likely? I really don't know, I'm not in their war room, but it could happen.