PDA

View Full Version : Pollack to retire made official

BengalMedic
04-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Bengals | Pollack to retire
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:25:41 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis announced Tuesday, April 22, that LB David Pollack (neck) will retire. Pollack suffered a broken neck while making a tackle Sept. 17 of 2006. Lewis said Pollack told him that he was not comfortable with his neck medically despite being cleared to play

Just thought I would share...

LonghornsLegend
04-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Nooo :( I thought he was going to make a go at it, but honestly I think its a smart decision, he has rehabbed very well considering that injury could of left him paralyzed, he has his health which is more important, and I would cringe every time he got hit hard in a real game...Sad to see it end like this though after from what I read he worked so hard to come back.

At least for the Bengals, they got 1 out of 2 with Thurman back.

StripedWalrus
04-22-2008, 12:17 PM
haha I was getting ready to make this post...hehe

here is the link to it

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6737

Its been something I have seen coming for a long time now.

hobbes2053
04-22-2008, 12:34 PM
this is mass ******. i was hoping to see him come back along with thurman and kill people. but i guess its not going to happen. so sad.

Bengals78
04-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Good for him. I hope he sticks with the bengals organization as a LB assistant coach.

themaninblack
04-22-2008, 12:42 PM
unfortunate that he cant come back but its in his best interest obviously. one of my favorite players, really wish he woulda got a chance to shine.

PalmerToCJ
04-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Had to see it coming, he put more emphasis on life out of football than just about any other player would.

Sucks but you know his role would never be the same afterwards. It's a shame we'll never know how good he could've been.

BengalMedic
04-23-2008, 07:21 AM
It's amazing how much of an impact the loss of not only Pollack, but the injuries to Perry have made on this team in regards to not only production on the field, but how we approach this years draft.

They are both 1st rounders that should be producing at high levels (at least hoping for solid), but here we are still trying to find players to have an immediate impact instead of drafting for depth at those positions.