PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Chad turned down ??

BengalMedic
04-22-2008, 12:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

Interesting trade thought, that I would think we would jump all over...

StripedWalrus
04-22-2008, 12:25 PM
According to Hobson, Lewis says he hasnt turned it down.

Bengals78
04-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Last I saw, it never was even officially offered

StripedWalrus
04-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Further reason to never believe ESPN!

Bengals78
04-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Never believe ESPN about Bengals. they are usually wrong. Where is the human interest piece on Odell? Hasnt every other drug or alcohol riddled player gotten one already? and above all that, Odell is poised to make a return to the game. But he plays for cincy.

BengalMedic
04-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I wasn't really going for the whole "Do you think it happened" as much as I was just bringing it up for conversation. You would have to think with the Redskins, Cowboys, and Eagles all NEEDING Chad and within the same division, this could only help drive the price on Chad upwards.

Nothing like a bidding war to make this all the pleasing to the Bengal fanbase who has grown to hate Chad !!!

themaninblack
04-22-2008, 02:45 PM
hopefully that is what they are doing but I was surprised they offered that much in the first place and who says the Cowboys or Eagles would offer even close to that. Guess it would be nice to wait and see but we could end up letting a big offer pass right before our eyes.

farfromforgotten
04-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Wow. If this trade offer is true, I dont see how Cincy could turn it down. A first round draft pick this year and possibly another next year? The NFC East is a tough division and the Redskins could easily end up in last place there. The Redskins are well known to deal all their draft picks for veteran players, so it wouldnt surprise me. You would think they would eventually try to break away from that trend as it hasnt given them much success in recent years.

PalmerToCJ
04-22-2008, 08:48 PM
LET HIM GO!!!!!!!!!

This would make my day, hopefully they'll start listening... That would be awesome. Rid ourselves of him, get potentially 2 first rounders... Worst case a 1st and 3rd next year. I can't explain how happy that would make me.

BengalMedic
04-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Well, Lewis did in fact confirm that the trade offer was there and that the Bengals actually declined the offer. While I love the hardline stance Marvin is taking with Chad (actually it warms my heart), I would hate to think we just passed up on a chance to possibly get two first rounders out of Chad.