PDA

View Full Version : PFW (Dunn will have large role)

Shiver
02-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Pro Football Weekly Link (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=nfcsouth)

RB Warrick Dunn, who is coming off his third straight 1,000-yard rushing season, will be the workhorse in Atlanta for at least one more season. New head coach Bobby Petrino’s offense is not the best fit for the diminutive Dunn, who turned 32 in January. Ideally, Petrino would like to have a bruiser like his former running back at Louisville, 243-pound Michael Bush. But Petrino seems fond of Dunn’s consistency and young Jerious Norwood’s big-play ability. “We really like our running backs, with Warrick coming back for another year. And Norwood had a really nice year last year — showed that he had the ability to go the distance. I think that’s what excites me the most as I watched him on video is the big plays he’s made with his speed,” Petrino said at the Combine. “We are going to look for a big running back, someone that can help us in short yardage and maybe step in and play a lot a year from now. We feel real good about the two guys that we have on our roster.”

So goes the Warrick Dunn cap cut rumors.

d34ng3l021
02-26-2007, 10:00 PM
No way. I dont believe this. If it is true, than I am pretty damn mad. So much more of

Dunn up the middle for 2 yards.

iloxygenil
02-26-2007, 10:20 PM
I can't stand Dunn. I get so sick of it.

Shiver
02-26-2007, 11:55 PM
As long as it's just one third, in a three headed monster. If so I am fine with it.

d34ng3l021
02-27-2007, 12:00 AM
As long as it's just one third, in a three headed monster. If so I am fine with it.

I kinda hope he isnt part of the 3 headed monster.

D-Rod
02-27-2007, 03:02 AM
dunn's like any RB. if there's a hole, he'll make yards. if there's no hole, he's going to get stuffed, simple as that. he may even make a few extra. we're paying him, so we may as well use him.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-27-2007, 04:39 AM
I wouldn't mind a 1/3 of the carries for Dunn but any more is no good.

iloxygenil
02-27-2007, 09:23 AM
As long as that means 2/3 goes to Norwood. Norwood would have been a 1000 yard back last season if our coaching staff wasn't ignorant to the fact that he was lighting people up.