PDA

View Full Version : Official Bucs Draft Thread

etk
02-26-2007, 09:56 PM
We don't have an official Draft thread yet, and it is quite a priority, so let's make all general Bucs draft discussion here.

To start the debate, which players do you guys want most with our 2 2nd rounders, and would any of you want to trade up and target a player in the late 1st?

Have Fun!

Chucky
02-26-2007, 11:17 PM
O think if michael griffen were there with our first second rounder, then that would be a must, with our second pick i think abiamiri would be perfect even though i doubt he would be there. As of trading up, i think if one of the two big name safetys(landry or Nelson) are there at the late teens or early 20s then we should make the move

Bucs4242
02-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Ummm I definitely like Meriweather over Griffen, and if Meriweather can stay on the field he will be a steal for someone in round 2

I'm a big BUster Davis fan, but I dont see it being likely the BUcs take him

I like LaMarr Woodley a lot in round 2

To me Patrick Willis and Levi Brown would be worth trading up into the 1st round for

Caddy
02-27-2007, 05:39 AM
1. CJ
2. Weddle
2. Abiamiri
3. Mebane

etk
02-27-2007, 08:10 PM
1. CJ
2a. Kalil
2b. Abiamiri
3. Rouse
4. K. Brown
5. Durant
6. CB or LT
7. KR

Tampa 2 4 life
02-27-2007, 08:21 PM
1:CJ
2a:Meriweather
2b:Abiamiri
3: Kareem Brown
4:Stephen Nicholas/Jonathon Wade
5: OL
6: Special Teams
7: Longshot DL

Merlin
02-28-2007, 01:31 AM
1 - CJ, Thomas, Quinn

2a - Tim Crowder - Ryan Kalil

2b - Tank Tyler - Justin Harrell

3 - Sabby Pisicitelli - John Wendling

4 - Antwan Barnes - Zak Deossie

Caddy
02-28-2007, 03:02 AM
This turned from the Buc Draft thread to Mock Draft thread.. Nice

irishbucsfan
02-28-2007, 09:04 AM
After pretty good performances at the combine, who do you prefer out of safeties Weddle, Wendling ans Piscitelli? They all ran similar 40's (4.48, or within .1 for all three), and looked pretty athletic from the results I saw. I'd factor in value here too, as in I'd prefer Wendling with our third rounder than Weddle with our first second rounder, for example. Just curious, because since safety is quite deep this year, I think taking one of these guys later on would be better than putting some sort of package together to jump back into the first for reggie nelson.

ks_perfection
02-28-2007, 10:50 AM
We shouldn't trade up for Nelson unless it is a very good deal. With the depth at DE as well we should use one of our picks on a day 1 DE.

Canadian_kid16
02-28-2007, 02:21 PM
After pretty good performances at the combine, who do you prefer out of safeties Weddle, Wendling ans Piscitelli? They all ran similar 40's (4.48, or within .1 for all three), and looked pretty athletic from the results I saw. I'd factor in value here too, as in I'd prefer Wendling with our third rounder than Weddle with our first second rounder, for example. Just curious, because since safety is quite deep this year, I think taking one of these guys later on would be better than putting some sort of package together to jump back into the first for reggie nelson.

I think we should take a safety later rather than sooner...and nice to see you around MCJones...

Tampa 2 4 life
02-28-2007, 02:46 PM
If Meriweather is there for our first pick in the second, we have to take a look at him. If not, I think we need to get Piscitelli.

Caddy
02-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Weddle
Griffin
Meriweather
Wendling
Piscatelli

Chucky
02-28-2007, 04:36 PM
If Meriweather is there for our first pick in the second, we have to take a look at him. If not, I think we need to get Piscitelli.

piscitelli would be an awful pick with our second rounder.

irishbucsfan
03-02-2007, 06:08 AM
I think we should take a safety later rather than sooner...and nice to see you around MCJones...

This is getting ridiculous. I'm getting private messages from people too calling me mcjones, when I seriously have no idea what's going on. What did this guy do that has obviously touuched a nerve? Because I seem to be the only one in the dark here.

Canadian_kid16
03-02-2007, 09:08 AM
This is getting ridiculous. I'm getting private messages from people too calling me mcjones, when I seriously have no idea what's going on. What did this guy do that has obviously touuched a nerve? Because I seem to be the only one in the dark here.

well, if its pissing you off, what are the odds that the McJones we are talking about had the same username as you, and he lived in Limerick? What are the odds I ask you?

Not to mention you too have the same AIM...

Caddy
03-02-2007, 03:40 PM
I just looked in the member list and there is nobody registered called MCJones. Am I missing something or is this just another transitional glitch.

Tampa 2 4 life
03-02-2007, 03:41 PM
piscitelli would be an awful pick with our second rounder.

I meant with our late second or third.

Canadian_kid16
03-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I just looked in the member list and there is nobody registered called MCJones. Am I missing something or is this just another transitional glitch.

username wasn't McJOnes...it was his sim league name...

Caddy
03-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Cool.. So I'm not crazy

etk
03-02-2007, 08:50 PM
We are not drafting a SS on day one. Jermaine Phillips is a good hitter and decent enough to keep his starting job. Backing him up, we have Blue Adams and Donte Nicholson. At FS we have Will Allen and Kalvin Pearson. Notice a weaker side? Piscitelli can't play FS, so we won't draft him. Same with Aaron Rouse. Griffin can play both and the other guys like Weddle and Meriweather would be perfect. Nelson is overrated and I wouldn't touch him unless those 2 guys I just mentioned were gone.

We really should take Ryan Kalil if we can, though. Offensive line is still our greatest weakness IMO and adding a stud C would solidify it for years and years.

Booger
03-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Jermaine Phillips is a good hitter and decent enough to keep his starting job.

Seriously, Phillips is awful. I would be surprised if he remained our day 1 starter. He may be a good hitter, but he is a terrible tackler.

ks_perfection
03-02-2007, 08:58 PM
We are not drafting a SS on day one. Jermaine Phillips is a good hitter and decent enough to keep his starting job. Backing him up, we have Blue Adams and Donte Nicholson. At FS we have Will Allen and Kalvin Pearson. Notice a weaker side? Piscitelli can't play FS, so we won't draft him. Same with Aaron Rouse. Griffin can play both and the other guys like Weddle and Meriweather would be perfect. Nelson is overrated and I wouldn't touch him unless those 2 guys I just mentioned were gone.

We really should take Ryan Kalil if we can, though. Offensive line is still our greatest weakness IMO and adding a stud C would solidify it for years and years.

I think we all pretty much agreed that Pisc and Rouse aren't appealing and that the other 3 are.

It would be nice if we could get Kali and one of those safeties, but the safeties and Kali will probably be gone half way through the 2nd. If we could somehow get 2 2nd rounders in the middle it would be better than 1 at the start and finish.

etk
03-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I think we all pretty much agreed that Pisc and Rouse aren't appealing and that the other 3 are.

It would be nice if we could get Kali and one of those safeties, but the safeties and Kali will probably be gone half way through the 2nd. If we could somehow get 2 2nd rounders in the middle it would be better than 1 at the start and finish.

I think we could get some very good players with our first 2nd rounder. I'm not so sure about the 2nd one, though, because this class is not deep in good defenders. Crowder or Abiamiri there would be great, but I'm starting to doubt they will still be available.

Chucky
03-02-2007, 09:13 PM
crowder will be available, abiamiri not so much

etk
03-02-2007, 09:17 PM
crowder will be available, abiamiri not so much

I'm beginning to think that Crowder will go before him because he had a good combine and he's generating late buzz which is key for draft momentum.

Caddy
03-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Seriously, Phillips is awful. I would be surprised if he remained our day 1 starter. He may be a good hitter, but he is a terrible tackler.

I know he might not be ideal but Phillips made 124 tackles on the year with 84 of them being solo.. Thats not too bad.

And I think we need to get rid of Allen before Phillips. Both are substandard but Allen is worse.

etk
03-02-2007, 09:47 PM
I know he might not be ideal but Phillips made 124 tackles on the year with 84 of them being solo.. Thats not too bad.

And I think we need to get rid of Allen before Phillips. Both are substandard but Allen is worse.

QFT, if anything is the problem with him it's his coverage, not tackling. Every safety misses tackles, it's impossible not too when you consider the space that they have to deal with to make an open-field tackle. I'm a good tackler but when I played safety it was so much more difficult to get proper pursuit and make a tackle, especially when the RBs juke like crazy to screw up your footing and balance.

Caddy
03-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Jermaine Phillips > Will Allen

ks_perfection
03-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm beginning to think that Crowder will go before him because he had a good combine and he's generating late buzz which is key for draft momentum.

Im not too familar with Crowder, but from Scouts analysis of him he sounds a whole lot worse than Victor.

Crowder :

Weaknesses:
Does not have great speed or a burst...Is not really a sack artist...His agility and quickness are just average...Will struggle to disengage from blocks...Is somewhat inconsistent...Overaggressive at times...Probably doesn't have very much upside.

Thats not the kind of prospect Im thrilled about as a future starter DE.

Merlin
03-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Im not too familar with Crowder, but from Scouts analysis of him he sounds a whole lot worse than Victor.

Crowder :

Weaknesses:
Does not have great speed or a burst...Is not really a sack artist...His agility and quickness are just average...Will struggle to disengage from blocks...Is somewhat inconsistent...Overaggressive at times...Probably doesn't have very much upside.

Thats not the kind of prospect Im thrilled about as a future starter DE.What compared to....

Needs to add some weight...Did alot of damage against weak competition...Is still some what raw and needs to refine his technique...Timed speed is adequate, but not special...Inconsistent and a bit of an underachiever, who does not always play up to his talent level...Struggles to shed blockers...Minor durability concerns.

I've just posted asking Scott about his rankings?

Crowder had a great combine, if we could get him at the top of the second, I'd be well happy.

As for Sabby, the guy is a stud, he needs work, but he has great potential, IMO, he could play either Free or Strong!

ks_perfection
03-03-2007, 09:26 AM
I geuss you haev a point, but I just don't see him being anything more than a decent DE. Im not very happy about taking him so high, for that matter taking Victor that high isn't great either. For 2a I want a guy that will be really good at their position.

etk
03-03-2007, 04:46 PM
What compared to....

Needs to add some weight...Did alot of damage against weak competition...Is still some what raw and needs to refine his technique...Timed speed is adequate, but not special...Inconsistent and a bit of an underachiever, who does not always play up to his talent level...Struggles to shed blockers...Minor durability concerns.

I've just posted asking Scott about his rankings?

Crowder had a great combine, if we could get him at the top of the second, I'd be well happy.

As for Sabby, the guy is a stud, he needs work, but he has great potential, IMO, he could play either Free or Strong!

Piscitelli could not play FS. Especially not for us, because we like to have smallish free safeties that are converted from CB. He doesn't cover enough ground. Once again, we need to draft a FS. Allen is a worse starter and we have less depth at FS.

Caddy
03-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Piscitelli could not play FS. Especially not for us, because we like to have smallish free safeties that are converted from CB. He doesn't cover enough ground. Once again, we need to draft a FS. Allen is a worse starter and we have less depth at FS.

Precisely.. Give us Weddle or Merriweather in the 2nd

ks_perfection
03-03-2007, 06:08 PM
I'd take Merriweither with 2a, Weddle 2b and I wouldn't want to take Pisc at all really, not unless he really falls.

Canadian_kid16
03-03-2007, 06:37 PM
I'd take Merriweither with 2a, Weddle 2b and I wouldn't want to take Pisc at all really, not unless he really falls.

you would really take both safeties? IMO we have much bigger needs than TWO safeties. ONe, sure, two, no thanks...

Merlin
03-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Piscitelli could not play FS. Especially not for us, because we like to have smallish free safeties that are converted from CB. He doesn't cover enough ground. Once again, we need to draft a FS. Allen is a worse starter and we have less depth at FS.I guess we'll have to disagree ;- )

ks_perfection
03-03-2007, 07:30 PM
you would really take both safeties? IMO we have much bigger needs than TWO safeties. ONe, sure, two, no thanks...

No, I'd only take 1. I meant it thats where I'd pick consider taking one. If I took Merriweather I wouldn't take anyother one.

etk
03-03-2007, 10:12 PM
We never really valued safeties that much. Let's take a look at our safety history: Lynch was released, Dexter Jackson was Super Bowl MVP and not resigned, Dwight Smith was not resigned (mistake IMO), and our two current starters are both mid round draft picks. I don't know if we will take a safety at all based on this track record, and if we do, it will probably be a 4th rounder. Sadly, we won't take Meriweather because he has "character issues", and for us to take a S early in the draft they can't have "flaws" like that. Weddle is a possibility at the end of the 2nd, but I doubt he would be there, and I doubt we would draft him unless we were content with how we addresses the D-Line.

That's not my position, I'd love either of those guys, but that's the sad truth.

bullg8rdaddy
12-06-2010, 06:42 AM

So true....

etk
12-06-2010, 10:48 AM
TBH I was surprised he lasted this long on our roster.