PDA

View Full Version : Dewayne Robertson not a Bengal

StripedWalrus
04-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Well officially now D. Robertson a former DT with the Jets and a former #4 draft pick will not follow along with my theory on him not yet being traded to a team. According to ESPN he is now traded to the Broncos. I guess this means thats one less team we have to worry about trading up and stealing a DT away.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3365432

PalmerToCJ
04-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah... I'm going to be a very unpleasant person if we don't take a DT early Saturday.

StripedWalrus
04-24-2008, 08:57 PM
I think we have to now. He was kinda the fall back plan I think.

themaninblack
04-24-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm not too worried about this, its probably a good thing we didnt put money into someone who can't pass a physical. Risk is too high for our given situation. That said a DT will be drafted day one for certain.

hobbes2053
04-24-2008, 09:34 PM
as long as we take a DT on saturday ill be happy. Ellis would be great but i dont think he is the one and only good DT in this years draft. For example, Balmer (UNC), Laws (ND), Bryant (TAMU) are all good DTs. we could even take a guy like Calais Campbell to add depth to the DE spot.

StripedWalrus
04-24-2008, 10:46 PM
I have a big fear in Balmer. I just feel like he had one good year out there in college and when he shows up in the pros he will be a bust. I like Laws alot better. He would be a great addition in the second.

At this point in time I cant wait until the draft is over so we can criticize or cheer our teams picks.

hobbes2053
04-24-2008, 11:02 PM
i couldnt have said that any better myself. after the draft were going to be able to talk about what actually happened instead of what we thing might happen...

BengalMedic
04-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Robertson going somewhere else will probably end up being a good thing for us. He couldn't pass a physical and the last thing we need is more durability concerns. Especially along the D-line !!!

I was quite suprised to see him go for next to nothing though. I think the Broncos gave up a conditional pick in next years draft for him. CHEAP !!!