PDA

View Full Version : Drafting a QB....

GiantRutgersFan
02-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Think that it is in your teams best interests to draft Quinn or Russell if they fall. I was wondering what Vikings fans think however?

The only arguement against drafting a QB is that you just drafted one in the second round last year. However that was a stupid pick since he should have been a 4th rounder or later....

I have seen every game T-Jack QBed and he sucked. I know that rookie QBs struggle (Alex Smith and to a lesser extent, Eli Manning did), but T-Jack doesnt have the pedigree and I wasnt high on the guy after College.

I think Jackson is tradable if you want to go that route, you can get a 4th rounder for him which isnt a huge loss

I think that you are in a position to get Brady Quinn in a big steal and it would be a huge, franchise wrecking decision if you guys pass on him (or Russell if he is in the same position)

Crazy_Chris
02-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Actually T-Jack was projected as a 3rd round pick, but he sucked but he didnt have very much help last year other than from Chester taylor.... anyways i wouldnt trade T-jack not yet i would keep him let him compete. Now say we had Both Quinn and Russel at #7 high unlikely but if so i must say i would Take Quinn. I like russel alot but if we are going to take another Qb we need to take the more sure Deal in Quinn rather than The Guy with the bigger bust potential

GB12
02-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Think that it is in your teams best interests to draft Quinn or Russell if they fall. I was wondering what Vikings fans think however?

The only arguement against drafting a QB is that you just drafted one in the second round last year. However that was a stupid pick since he should have been a 4th rounder or later....
Not 4th or later it was a little high but not that much.

I have seen every game T-Jack QBed and he sucked. I know that rookie QBs struggle (Alex Smith and to a lesser extent, Eli Manning did), but T-Jack doesnt have the pedigree and I wasnt high on the guy after College.
He had what 2 games, with his first being at Lambeau. Not fair to judge based off that with a team that had already givin up.

I think Jackson is tradable if you want to go that route, you can get a 4th rounder for him which isnt a huge loss
Not really tradeable. He was a second rounder, going down 2 rounds after one year(2 games started) isn't good

I think that you are in a position to get Brady Quinn in a big steal and it would be a huge, franchise wrecking decision if you guys pass on him (or Russell if he is in the same position)
Quinn is a guy that could be great, but you can't give up on a second rounder after that short of a time. For all we know Jackson could be a probowler. Yes there is a chance they draft him but it's a big risk to take.

My response in bold.

GiantRutgersFan
02-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Jackson was hardly a second rounder though. if I remember correctly, he was the last pick of the 2nd round... Thats basically a 3rd rounder

rchrd
02-27-2007, 01:28 AM
Im with the green bay fan. Be fair its like 7.30am and i havent been to sleep so forgive me jesus.

jerthemessiah
02-27-2007, 04:00 AM
Rick Mirer

FuzzyGopher
02-27-2007, 06:22 AM
I would be all for drafting a QB. I would prefer Quinn though as he seems more polished then Russell. If we did draft a QB I would want us to cut Bollinger and bring in a veteran like Garcia or maybe even Bledsoe. Our situation going into next year as it stands is frightening with just Jackson and Bollinger and I think this team needs more competition at QB. Who else is worthy of the #7 pick that could make an impact on this team??

Vikes99ej
02-27-2007, 10:16 AM
If Gaines Adams is gone, I'm all for getting Quinn. But only if Adams is gone.

Severe Punishment
02-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Rick Mirer
Or Joe Montana

Severe Punishment
02-27-2007, 12:08 PM
I would be all for drafting a QB. I would prefer Quinn though as he seems more polished then Russell. If we did draft a QB I would want us to cut Bollinger and bring in a veteran like Garcia or maybe even Bledsoe. Our situation going into next year as it stands is frightening with just Jackson and Bollinger and I think this team needs more competition at QB. Who else is worthy of the #7 pick that could make an impact on this team?? Bollinger makes less than Garcia is going to make and you can't spend #7 money, a 2nd round pick money and a big name F/A money at the same position. Plus I hate Garcia as QB option and if Childress brings in anymore Eagles castoffs I'm going to hurl.

Severe Punishment
02-27-2007, 12:11 PM

Quinn is a great college QB and I predict will be a Pro Bowl QB within 3 years.
So if we draft him I'd be very happy. But I'm not quite understanding the logic in trading away a Qb that we gave up 2 really good picks for.
I'd much prefer Jackson / Bollinger starting next year without putting the pressure on him to start from day 1 (basically exactly how the 3 #1's did this year...wait 6 weeks or so before determining if he should start).
It didn't hurt Daunte to wait a year.

Vikes99ej
02-27-2007, 12:44 PM
If Brady Quinn is anywhere as good this year as Jay Cutler, Matt Leinart, or Vince Young were last year, we'll be in a good situation.

Crazy_Chris
02-27-2007, 08:27 PM
we may not end up drafting a QB...

Word within NFL circles is that the Vikings haven't backed off in their pursuit of Atlanta quarterback Matt Schaub and will offer their second-round pick in April's draft and an offensive player -- perhaps quarterback Brad Johnson.
-- Minneapolis Star Tribune

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/02/27/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

jerthemessiah
02-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Or Joe Montana
Montana was a 3rd rounder. Mirer was the last big overhyped thing at QB to come out of Notre Dame.

Severe Punishment
02-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't think this article is worth much as it's all rumors without naming any source. Plus why would Brad Johnson hold any trade value right now ? NFLNetwork has been saying all day / night that he's going to be released before friday.
Smoot will be too. He's scheduled to make 4 mill in bonus money and we end up saving like 400 grand for both if they are released before friday.
I pray we stay away from Ashlie Lelie....though I'd do backflips if we actually traded for Darrell Jackson. I think the Deion Branch trade last year pissed him off. I don't have anything more than a gut feeling on that though.

Crazy_Chris
02-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Yea im hoping we stay far far away from lelie all we need is another reciever that cant catch. . . Im not sure the Darrel Jackson trade is realistic i dont think seattle wants to trade with us after last season unless the wounds have healed and they have moved on but i dont think so i dont see seattle giving us a reasonable deal unless there desperate to deal Darrel Jackson

Geo
02-28-2007, 01:47 AM
From the perspective of Brad Childress:

I have been big on TJack since seeing him show incredible promise in the pre-season, and think he might become something special, but if Brady Quinn is there at the 7th overall pick, I take him without hesitation whatsoever.

So I spent a 2nd round pick on Tarvaris Jackson, so I even traded up to do so - who cares. No one is going to remember that 5 years from now, but they will remember success, who my quarterback is, and whether or not I'm still the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings. To have the rare opportunity at a Brady Quinn is one I can't afford passing up: Quinn is everything I could ask for at the league's most critical position, be it physical attributes, mental attributes, character, or intangibles. He's the sterling face of a franchise for a franchise that desperately has sought it for some time, he's the guy I can attach to the hip in what could be my only tenure as a head coach, and his success will utlimately prove to be the drawing power that can help the Vikings land a stadium deal (and thereby ensure me invaluable grace in the eyes of the team's owner).

Quinn will take the mantle of leader of my Minnesota Vikings, setting the tone for everyone else just as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning do, and will help us contend for postseason success annually. If he's there at the 7th overall pick, I send in my selection immediately and try to get him signed as soon as possible so he can compete for the starting position from day one. If he beats out Tarvaris Jackson, so be it; I'll have the benefit of two playmaking quarterbacks on my roster who are pushing each other every day, and maybe I'll trade Jackson in a few years as a farming project with interest (see Matt Schaub).

THIZZorDIE
02-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Jackson was hardly a second rounder though. if I remember correctly, he was the last pick of the 2nd round... Thats basically a 3rd rounder

If he was selected in the second round, he's not a second rounder? O yeah, thats right...

Severe Punishment
03-02-2007, 02:31 AM
I posted this elsewhere, so most of you guys can bypass this...but
with the trade today between Detroit and Denver, the Lions really have
no need to stay in their current draft spot. Joe Thomas (who would've been
the likely pick) isn't neccesary now that they have Foster to play one of the OT spots where Backus will play the other.
With Joe Thomas now very likely to end up at 5 (if anyone trades into that slot it'd be to take CJ or AD) the Cardinals are probably out of the trading picture.
Oakland is rumored to be very interested in Jeff Garcia (why I'm not sure, because his arm is suited for the WCO and Oakland has long been a team that's implemented a vertical passing game) which, if that happens (and that would mean Davis still has faith in Andrew Walters)...Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn might both be available at 3 (just 5 picks away from where we select).
...who cares ? you say. Actually the trade today , and this announcement from Oakland means that CJ is all but sealed as the #1 or #2 pick. And that
the likelyhood of the best player at our spot will be a QB.

JoeMontainya
03-06-2007, 11:59 AM
They are trying to trade Foster, I think they still need OL, and Foster might have moved to RG anyways.

Any chance the Vikings trade to #3 with the Browns and draft CJ? Give T-Jack all the weapons he needs to succeed then evaluate him.

swagger
03-06-2007, 02:47 PM
All these mock drafts now have Brady Quinn going to the Vikes. I just don't see it happening, even if Quinn happens to fall to 7. I expect Childress to pass on Quinn.

Severe Punishment
03-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Just admit you don't like Quinn and that it has nothing to do with Childress.
Quinn completed 58 of 61 passes, showed good footwork and arm strength.. Logic says that he won't be available at 7...anyways, but if he is...he will be the pick.

rchrd
03-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I dont think any of us can really speculate considering the secrecy surrounding Childress HQ. Nobody really knows whats going as he doesnt release any information. Actually, what am I saying, speculate away...it's why we're here...

Vikes99ej
03-06-2007, 03:58 PM
I have trouble thinking that Childress will pass on Quinn when he was one of the only coaches at his pro-day. I think, or at least I hope, Childress is serious about getting him.

Severe Punishment
03-06-2007, 04:10 PM
lol...that's funny.

BTW who is that soccer player in your sig ? that's not Freddie Adu is it ?

...and the Vikes and Cleveland sent more than 1 guy to scout Quinn's pro day...if Cleveland decides to go with Peterson / Branch or Russell (if he falls)
then there's no other team that will take a QB...not because of Quinn but
because they've already taken their franchise signal callers and have to much invested in them to spend another top 6 pick on a QB.
1- Oakland Just took Andrew Walter 2 years ago with a much higher 2nd round pick than was Tarvaris Jackson...yet the Raiders understand that
franchise QB's like Russell and Quinn aren't to be passed on. If the Raiders
make yet another draft day blunder and bypass QB they'll go Calvin Johnson
which would be BPA.

2- Detroit spent F/A money last year on McCown and Kitna...Kitna finished
in the top 11 of QB's for passing yards and comp %...Martz likes him...
but the real reason they go Defense here is they lost Dre Bly, picked up
a 2nd tier RB to match with Kevin Jones and Matt Millen has been pressured
to go defense ...just as he did last year. Calvin Johnson is a better "outside
shot" to be picked here than a QB...my guess is Joe Thomas or a DE goes here.

3- Cleveland Romeo Crennel has ties to Charlie Weiss...but freinships only go
so far, Crennell isn't going to pick a QB (IMO) when there is such a need
to take a RB. Rueben Droghns forces QB's to play better than they have to
because no one respects Droughns as a runner...safteies and corners play up
LB's run blitz more often and Cleveland struggles on offense.
Braylon Edwards and K2 are very good...but without a running attack they're
very limited..plus Derrick Anderson is decent and Charlie Frye was a draft
pick the entire staff was high on.....they'll take Peterson (AD) and give the
Browns the RB they've been missing since......ummm....Ernest Byner? or
Kevin Mack?

4- Tampa Bay just signed Jeff Garcia and has Gradkowski and Simms
The Bucs D is old and unless Calvin Johnson falls to them, they'll go D.
D-Line first then probably S as Ronde Barber has hinted at following Tiki's
lead and retireing at this season end... their pick is between CJ/Adams/Anderson.

5- Arizona just took Leinart last year
There's zero chance they take a QB....but they might be sweet talked
into trading down from here..if Carolina or Jax or a Baltimore / Chicago
wanted to trade up...I think it might happen. If there's atrade to be
made it'd either be here or with the Redskins. Joe Thomas (should he fall)
makes sense for both the Cards and SKins....if he doesn't, they both need DE's too. Look for which ever end is left to be taken.

6- Washington just handed the reigns over Jason Campbell and is still
overpaying Mark Brunell to back him up. They tried signing Leonard Little
but weren't going to overpay to get him...I wouldn't be shocked to see Dan
Snyder move up or down. If Joe Thomas is here..he's the no brainer...but
they're desperate for a RDE ...Adam Carriker or Jammal Anderson would be
perfect fits here.

which leaves us at 7 to grab the BPA...in this case it's easily Quinn.
If not , we'll justify the Tank Williams release by taking another big time saftey in Landry.

DHVF
03-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Just nitpicking, but I believe that Andrew Walter was a third rounder.

swagger
03-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Just admit you don't like Quinn and that it has nothing to do with Childress.
Quinn completed 58 of 61 passes, showed good footwork and arm strength.. Logic says that he won't be available at 7...anyways, but if he is...he will be the pick.

I don't like Quinn or Russell. If it was up to me, we would have traded up last year for Jay Cutler.

And it doesn't matter who I like, just like it doesn't matter who you like. It matters who Childress likes, and I think he is too stubborn/arrogant to already give up on "his guy" Tarvaris Jackson.

Tarvaris drove up and met him at the Senior Bowl and they met and dined together, and were (quote) "sharing ideas about the offense" (end quote). Tarvaris was at Winter Park when the Vikes inked Shiancoe. Childress thinks Jackson is his franchise QB.

Don't report me for saying this....

Severe Punishment
03-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Yep you're right. Walter was the 69th player chosen in 05...sorry.
(Jackson was taken 64th overall last year...to compare)

Severe Punishment
03-06-2007, 06:02 PM
I don't like Quinn or Russell. If it was up to me, we would have traded up last year for Jay Cutler.

And it doesn't matter who I like, just like it doesn't matter who you like. It matters who Childress likes, and I think he is too stubborn/arrogant to already give up on "his guy" Tarvaris Jackson.

Tarvaris drove up and met him at the Senior Bowl and they met and dined together, and were (quote) "sharing ideas about the offense" (end quote). Tarvaris was at Winter Park when the Vikes inked Shiancoe. Childress thinks Jackson is his franchise QB.

Don't report me for saying this....
I read that too...also said when Childress brought up the possibility of taking a QB jackson was all for it saying that competition is good.

and I agree.

Vikes99ej
03-06-2007, 06:19 PM
I don't know what Andrew Walter has to with anything... he's terrible.

Severe Punishment
03-06-2007, 06:33 PM
I bring up Andrew Walter to compare his situation to T Jacksons.
Neither had a running game, their WR's weren't much of a help
neither had a TE to offset the lack of WR's and both had Defenses better
than given credit for.

They're very similar, yet people for whatever reason (ahem) think that Jamarcus Russell being taken by the Raiders is a "no brainer" yet think that Brady Quinn to the Vikes would be a huge mistake.

Both teams need a QB... a real one. not some bad experiment or project, a real identity for their teams. Same situation and the result will be the same.
The Raiders and Vikings are the most logical places that these 2 QB's end up.
(Unless of course the CLeveland Scarecrows visit the Wizard and get that braid they were hoping for).

swagger
03-06-2007, 06:38 PM
I read that too...also said when Childress brought up the possibility of taking a QB jackson was all for it saying that competition is good.

and I agree.

Childress also stated that we were for sure heading into next season with Tarvaris and Bollinger. The only reason he is releasing this Brady Quinn crap is to make up for his mistake of showing his hand in regards to the draft. Childress is tight-lipped about everything, are you really gullible enough to believe this crap Childress is throwing out there about drafting a quarterback??

We aren't a good enough team to use a top-10 pick merely for the sake of "good competition".

Severe Punishment
03-06-2007, 06:44 PM
I would agree...but what in Childress' past has he shown for you to assume that this is all b.s. ?

oh, and bollinger and jackson are our QB's going into next year, if BQ or another QB is drafted..then they'll be ADDED to the position.

I realize this is hard for people on here to comprehend but a QB coming in
isn't taking the #1 spot ...not right away at least.
Going into next year Jackson or Bolllinger will be our starter.
That MIGHT or MIGHT NOT change based on personel and record after week 8.
And at #7 the talent at that spot suggests Quinn is the highest rated player on the board, the competition remark was from Jackson not Childress.
As a H.C. it's Childress' job to ensure that he's done evernthing to make the team better...within reason.
Taking a Qb 2 rounds higher than he should've been then thrusting him into the starting spot with 3 games to go in the season, even though we were mathematically still in the playoff hunt... made Childress look more clownish around the league than people realize. Now we've lost our only proven QB to the Cowboys and we really are stuck with 2 guys who don't have the experience , skill or mindset to be a starter.

Of course you don't like any QB prospect this year...so the Vikes should take a DT ...although that goes against your statement of saying we're not good enough of a team to draft for depth or competition.
Joke.

Vikes99ej
03-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Good point Swagger. Childress could just be trying to get the Panthers or someone else to panic so they would want to trade up with us. Or Childress could just be that stupid and be completely serious. You just don't know with this team.

Severe Punishment
03-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Seriously if the Panthers or jaguars or Ravens or any other team is "scared" into trading up they'd trade up ahead of a team they feel their competing against NOT that team itself.

for the love of God think about it....if we go to Carolina and say "he we're thinkin about taking Quinn but we know you want him" doesn't that just say "hey we really have no interest in him".

I'm taking it you kids haven't bought a house yet or a car....you don't come out and say "gee I'd love to pay full price and top dolllar, I'll bend over while you just tell me where to sign".

Seriously Arizona and Detroit have more to offer as far as their selection and probably want out of their spots more than any other top 10 teams.
If Quinn is traded for it won't be with the Vikings...I'm 200% positive of that..so I don't buy the whole "he's using this for leverage" unless of course
he's secretly working for another club that drafts above us.

Crazy_Chris
03-06-2007, 06:55 PM
anyone ever think it could be both? ... maybe Childress likes brady Quinn but he hasnt made his mind up on taking him, so if draft day comes and brady quinn is sitting at 7 and someone gives him an a great offer than his mind would be made up for him and he would trade down or if he doesnt get any good offers he can take brady quinn... I personally think that yes childress sincerely likes brady quinn but i also believe that he believes T-Jack is Completely capable of being a very good QB, and hes Just covering all his bases so he can do whatever it is he wants come draft day

swagger
03-06-2007, 06:56 PM
I would agree...but what in Childress' past has he shown for you to assume that this is all b.s. ?

oh, and bollinger and jackson are our QB's going into next year, if BQ or another QB is drafted..then they'll be ADDED to the position.

I realize this is hard for people on here to comprehend but a QB coming in
isn't taking the #1 spot ...not right away at least.
Going into next year Jackson or Bolllinger will be our starter.
That MIGHT or MIGHT NOT change based on personel and record after week 8.
And at #7 the talent at that spot suggests Quinn is the highest rated player on the board, the competition remark was from Jackson not Childress.
As a H.C. it's Childress' job to ensure that he's done evernthing to make the team better...within reason.
Taking a Qb 2 rounds higher than he should've been then thrusting him into the starting spot with 3 games to go in the season, even though we were mathematically still in the playoff hunt... made Childress look more clownish around the league than people realize. Now we've lost our only proven QB to the Cowboys and we really are stuck with 2 guys who don't have the experience , skill or mindset to be a starter.

Of course you don't like any QB prospect this year...so the Vikes should take a DT ...although that goes against your statement of saying we're not good enough of a team to draft for depth or competition.
Joke.

BS. You don't use a top-10 pick on a quarterback and invest as much money in a top-10 contract (especially in new market) to simply "ADD" a guy to a position.

You really expect anyone to believe that crap? That we are going to draft BRady Quinn at 7 overall and then have an open competition for starting quarterback this season and beyond? A fair open competition?

How many defensive tackles do we have on the roster behind K-Will and 35 year old Pat Williams? Is Pat an every down DT? Hmmm.....maybe DT is a need.

Crazy_Chris
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Seriously if the Panthers or jaguars or Ravens or any other team is "scared" into trading up they'd trade up ahead of a team they feel their competing against NOT that team itself.

for the love of God think about it....if we go to Carolina and say "he we're thinkin about taking Quinn but we know you want him" doesn't that just say "hey we really have no interest in him".

I'm taking it you kids haven't bought a house yet or a car....you don't come out and say "gee I'd love to pay full price and top dolllar, I'll bend over while you just tell me where to sign".

I agree with the first part... but as for the underlined part if brady quinn is there at 7 it no longer matters because if a team truely wants him they arent just going to turn the vikings away when the texans(a team currently shopping there starting QB) are sitting there right behind us i think it would be a breath of fresh air for those teams hearing that... but i do think they would trade ahead of us just not with detroit or arizona that would be costly unless in fact it was the texans trying to trade up, I think they are more likely to trade with Washington a team with 1 pick in the first 5 rounds would definatly be much cheaper to bargain with than anyone else

Severe Punishment
03-06-2007, 07:08 PM
BS. You don't use a top-10 pick on a quarterback and invest as much money in a top-10 contract (especially in new market) to simply "ADD" a guy to a position.

No, you don't waste a top 10 pick a DT when the 2 DT's we have
are pro bowl caliber. You don't waste a top 10 pick at CB when you have
one of the best tandem in the league and the Nickel is good enough
to start on 4 or 5 teams..
what you DO , do is take superior talent at a position where you're weak.
Like it or not QB is as weak a position to us as WR.
That's just a fact, deal with it.

You really expect anyone to believe that crap? That we are going to draft BRady Quinn at 7 overall and then have an open competition for starting quarterback this season and beyond? A fair open competition?

I don't "expect" people in here to do anything but use their head.
When have I ever said there'd be anyone starting next year other than Jackson or Bollinger...you need to be able to comprehend what it is
what you're reading in order to look like you have a clue.

How many defensive tackles do we have on the roster behind K-Will and 35 year old Pat Williams? Is Pat an every down DT? Hmmm.....maybe DT is a need.
Spencer Johnson and Ross Kolodziej are both capable of playing a down and Both Williams' RARELY take plays off at the same time. and when exactly did I say DT depth shouldn't be addressed ?????
Someone like a Mebane / Harrell / McBean or marcus Thomas could very easily be taken in the 3rd or 4th and would be more than adequate to play sparingly...you don't take a DT at 7 unless you need a starter and believe
that whoever is there at 7 would be a starter almost from day 1.

Perhaps one of us needs to understand it is the things the other is saying...

swagger
03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Spencer Johnson and Ross Kolodziej are both capable of playing a down and Both Williams' RARELY take plays off at the same time.

Kolodziej got cut, champ.

Crazy_Chris
03-06-2007, 07:14 PM
and to be honest... almost any position we are thinking about drafting in the first round right now is going to be for competion with exception at WR. Even if we draft Gaines Adams theres no way to say he is going to automatically step in and start for Udeze or For james chances are that adams will be the situational pass rusher for now, same with Laron landry although he will be more likely to start, and amobi okoye definatly wont start. But i am more comfortable with one of them being brought in for competition. but ill be fine with whatever the pick if its Quinn/Adams/Landry/Okoye

Crazy_Chris
03-06-2007, 07:17 PM
yep, Kolodziej was cut.... and Amobi Okoye is Elite talent at his position so what would be wrong with A 19 year old kid that played 4 years of Divison 1 college football at louisville, and not only that he played it well enough to be considered a top 10 pick in the NFL draft that sounds pretty elite to me

**edit also... when he applied to go to college here in america when he was around 15 he was smart enough to have gone to Harvard if he wanted too but he went to play footbal at louisville the kid is an Elite talent

Severe Punishment
03-06-2007, 07:18 PM
I agree with the first part... but as for the underlined part if brady quinn is there at 7 it no longer matters because if a team truely wants him they arent just going to turn the vikings away when the texans(a team currently shopping there starting QB) are sitting there right behind us i think it would be a breath of fresh air for those teams hearing that... but i do think they would trade ahead of us just not with detroit or arizona that would be costly unless in fact it was the texans trying to trade up, I think they are more likely to trade with Washington a team with 1 pick in the first 5 rounds would definatly be much cheaper to bargain with than anyone else

Of course it matters. If Houston has any belief in their minds that Minnesota would take Quinn they'd absolutely try and trade up before we pick...not after. When we're sitting there at 7, with the player they want and have stated we want him...that other team has ZERO leverage.
If say Washington could be talked to...they might be targeting someone like an Okoye (for example) then Washington would have something to gain / Houston would have something to gain and a deal could be struck.
Houston won't wait until we're picking to try and force a deal....that's just not happening.
And as far as Houston wanting to trade their QB Carr, that is possible, but he's not worth the spot we hold. To trade up 1 spot Houston would have to give up something like 800 points. (a 2nd round pick) Houston needs way to much to want to throw away picks to move up 1 spot....just doesn't make any sense. If Jake Plummer was available for a 4th round pick Carr right now, at best would be around 300 points (mid 3rd round pick)

Crazy_Chris
03-06-2007, 07:24 PM
I didnt really mean for houston... if they want quinn and they dont trade up before it gets to 7 houston would be screwed i meant teams like Panthers or i guess jags whoever... as for carr ah no one wants carr anyways lol

Severe Punishment
03-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Kolodziej got cut, champ.
yeah, you're right...he's cut he won't be back...err, umm
http://www.kffl.com/player/1278/nfl

If I were a betting man, I'd put 20 on him coming back.

swagger
03-06-2007, 07:29 PM
I will bet you $20 Kolodziej won't be on the roster next year.

Severe Punishment
03-06-2007, 07:32 PM
I didnt really mean for houston... if they want quinn and they dont trade up before it gets to 7 houston would be screwed i meant teams like Panthers or i guess jags whoever... as for carr ah no one wants carr anyways lol

lol, you can include Houston in that "no one wants him".
The Panthers most likely are the biggest "threat" to move into the top 10 because they really don't have that many pressing needs...however if Morgan gets cut, MLB might be a real option and both Pat Willis and Jon Beason could look more attractive to a team that rode a defense to the Super Bowl just a few years ago.

Crazy_Chris
03-06-2007, 07:33 PM
oh no now this is getting good lol

Severe Punishment
03-06-2007, 07:35 PM
I'd take that bet, but you wouldn't be the first internet tough guy to welch on a bet with me...plus there'd be almost no way to collect my money when he resigns.

Vikes99ej
03-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Who cares if Kolodziej is coming back or not... he's not good enough to make an impact.

Crazy_Chris
03-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Thats true he would just be adacutely filling a roster spot

swagger
03-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I will gladly bet anything that Ross Kolod%&$#zjzjziej will not be on the roster next year.

Why would we cut him then? Defensive Tackle depth was already a problem.

He was making the league minimum. If we re-signed him in the new market, he would probably end up with a higher salary then if we didn't cut him in the first place. Why would we cut him and then bring him back at a higher salary?

Find me one reason for cutting him and then re-signing him.

jerthemessiah
03-06-2007, 10:20 PM
No, you don't waste a top 10 pick a DT when the 2 DT's we have
are pro bowl caliber.Since Brad Johnson left Pat Williams has got to be the oldest guy on the roster. He has a year or two left in him. A DT would for sure see the feild.

You don't waste a top 10 pick at CB when you have
one of the best tandem in the league and the Nickel is good enough
to start on 4 or 5 teams..Winfeild is very good, but Griffin? He started in what 3 or 4 games? Can we go though a full season with him covering starting WR's before we dub them one of the best tandem of corners in the NFL?

You can't possibly be refering to Devonte Edwards as being good enough to start elsewhere.

what you DO , do is take superior talent at a position where you're weak.
Like it or not QB is as weak a position to us as WR.
That's just a fact, deal with it.
Adding another unproven guy to the mix doesn't fix it. If anything they should bring in a vet as insurance.

Spencer Johnson and Ross Kolodziej are both capable of playing a down and Both Williams' RARELY take plays off at the same time. and when exactly did I say DT depth shouldn't be addressed ?????
You can rotate in defensive tackles, D-ends, running backs, WR's, FB's, CB's, o-linemen and safetys. Untill Childress makes a 2 QB set I dont see the point of another unproven QB. Two of them is enough is enough.

Someone like a Mebane / Harrell / McBean or marcus Thomas could very easily be taken in the 3rd or 4th and would be more than adequate to play sparingly...you don't take a DT at 7 unless you need a starter and believe
that whoever is there at 7 would be a starter almost from day 1.
They could draft a 3rd string QB late too. Makes more sence than drafting a 3rd string QB 7th overall. A DT would see the feild for sure.

A little birdy says that Brady Quinn and Kevin Curtis have the same agent. Maybe this is why the entire staff was at Quinns pro day, Kevin Curtis' agent was there and Kevin was Childress' "top priority". Made for a nice smoke screen too. Two birds one rock.

Last year nobody knew about Jackson's secret work out for team scouts before the draft. This whole thing is a huge charade. Childress loves to keep things out of the public eye. Practices are closed, he does not like answering questions from the media, and last year they were quoted saying that this time of year it best to keep things "under your vest". The plan is the same this year.

wogitalia
03-07-2007, 12:28 AM
If Brady is available at the Vikings pick they should take him or trade down with a team that wants him.

I like TJ and think he can be a solid starter, but Quinn is a franchise player on a team who have none. You know that a team is really lacking in any kind of star power when its a toss up between your LG and C for who is the "face" of the offense and its a DT thats the star of the defense. The Vikings are a team of no names and a couple of big names can turn around a team quickly(Bush, Young and Leinart last year for starters).

Quinn is the best player other than CJ in this draft, if he is available at 7 we should take him. TJ or not.

swagger
03-07-2007, 12:34 AM
You don't waste a top 10 pick at CB when you have one of the best tandem in the league and the Nickel is good enough
to start on 4 or 5 teams..

What nickelback would that be??

Crazy_Chris
03-07-2007, 01:44 AM
You know that a team is really lacking in any kind of star power when its a toss up between your LG and C for who is the "face" of the offense

Not really a toss up its Matt birk lol

jerthemessiah
03-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Not really a toss up its Matt birk lolYa he's been here for years.

Severe Punishment
03-07-2007, 04:02 AM
Since Brad Johnson left Pat Williams has got to be the oldest guy on the roster. He has a year or two left in him. A DT would for sure see the feild.

Like I've said before...DT's to play backup aren't that hard to find and come relatively cheap. This "he has a year or 2 left" is nothing more than speculation...for all that's known he could be able to play 4 more years.
He's big and strong, not asked to rush the QB..just clog the middle. He has
more years than you think...and if he doesn't , we pick one up in F/A or later
in this years draft....there's no reason to believe that Okoye is SOOO much better than say a Marcus Thomas who'd make much more sense in the 3rd.
And would be more of a value pick. Okoye is young and could very well
be the next Warren Sapp...who knows? What I do know is he had 1 killer
season and 3 season where he wasn't a blip on the college football radar.
Quinn on the other hand ...well his resume speaks for itself over the past 2 years.
To bypass a guy who makes the team better instead of 1 position better to me just seems like a total waste.

Winfeild is very good, but Griffin? He started in what 3 or 4 games? Can we go though a full season with him covering starting WR's before we dub them one of the best tandem of corners in the NFL?
Actually he started 7 including 6 in a row and beat out Fred Smoot...one of the more highly publicized CB's in the league. He did it with great hand strength , good positioning and fluid hip movments (not to get burned on the double and triple moves)...couple that with solid tackling and he's the absolute perfect Tampa 2 Corner...Winfield is the most undervalued CB in the league...there's more than homerism going on when I say that this tandem will be just behind the Bears in the NFC North.

You can't possibly be refering to Devonte Edwards as being good enough to start elsewhere.
Absolutely. D.E. probably would've won the 2nd CB spot over Smoot
had Griffin been a bust anyways. Edwards is going to be the guy all year
long you say "this guy isn't that bad" ..as he makes 35 tackles and has
3-5 INT's

Adding another unproven guy to the mix doesn't fix it. If anything they should bring in a vet as insurance.
Perhpas you haven't seen the asking price on the market for CB's.
When a Nate Clements brings home $80 million dollars worth of bacon, I have a feeling most teams will look to the draft to find the next superstar in the making....and at a fraction of the cost. The CB's are top 3 as far as depth and overall talent by position in the draft this year. WR's get the glory, but
the CB's will probably turn out to be the better of the 2 positions overall.

You can rotate in defensive tackles, D-ends, running backs, WR's, FB's, CB's, o-linemen and safetys. Untill Childress makes a 2 QB set I dont see the point of another unproven QB. Two of them is enough is enough.
Agreed. That's the entire point of Taking a BQ.
He's proven more at ND than either Jackson or Bollinger, hell probably more than both of them multiplied together. You don't pass on a premier talent QB
to fill a void. You take the talent. Just ask the New Orleans Saints.
And Tennessee Titans. If Houston wasn't so arrogant and stupid they'd have
had either VY or Reggie Bush...now there's arguements as to whether both were deserving and did they really fill team needs....but honestly, who here thinks Houston made the right call on bypassing those 2 ???? Anyone here ?
I doubt it.

They could draft a 3rd string QB late too. Makes more sence than drafting a 3rd string QB 7th overall. A DT would see the feild for sure.
They could take a 3rd string QB in F/A too....not sure what the point is. My point is ELITE talent at the QB spot. Not a position filler.
If BQ is gone or we don't select him ...I don't want another QB to be taken at all...it'd be cheaper to resign Drew Henson to the practice squad and we
could spend the draft bringing in TALENT...I'm not sure what you people read here but BRADY QUINN IS AN EXCEPTIONAL TALENT. That's why we'd take him at 7. not because Jackson is on "the hot seat" or "he's not a Childress guy"..it's because a Qb like BQ doesn't come around (especially to the Vikings) more than once every 10 years. The last one was Daunte. Should we really have taken Chris McCallister instead of Daunte because he filled a void at CB ?..and that we already had the league MVP in Cunningham coming back ? AND Jeff George behind him ? Seriously, according to all you Quinn haters it'd be the same thing as passing on Daunte for Troy Edwards or Kevin Johnson ...just riddiculous.

A little birdy says that Brady Quinn and Kevin Curtis have the same agent. Maybe this is why the entire staff was at Quinns pro day, Kevin Curtis' agent was there and Kevin was Childress' "top priority". Made for a nice smoke screen too. Two birds one rock. If that's the case then all that means is that Childress had an opportunity to talk to Curtis' agent again , at a place outside Winter Park,...I'd say that's an advantage..not really sure what you're getting at though.

Last year nobody knew about Jackson's secret work out for team scouts before the draft. This whole thing is a huge charade. Childress loves to keep things out of the public eye. Practices are closed, he does not like answering questions from the media, and last year they were quoted saying that this time of year it best to keep things "under your vest". The plan is the same this year.

I don't think he's been leading any parades for any prospect either.
And who cares (other than the media) if practices are closed ??
Seriouslym who cares ? If Childress doesn't take Quinn then at the very least he's given other teams reason to rethink their strategies without making himself look foolish for saying that QB wasn't a position that could use improvement.

jerthemessiah
03-07-2007, 07:52 AM
To bypass a guy who makes the team better instead of 1 position better to me just seems like a total waste.DT's make your LB's better. Okoye could help the seconday too. If they had a guy inside besides K Will that could rush the passer on third and long it would do a lot for the pass defense. James, K Will, Okoye, and Ray Edwards on the d-line passing downs. Not too shabby.

Absolutely. D.E. probably would've won the 2nd CB spot over Smoot
had Griffin been a bust anyways. Edwards is going to be the guy all year
long you say "this guy isn't that bad" ..as he makes 35 tackles and has
3-5 INT's. Smoot was garbage last year. They cut him. A lot of people could have beat him out.

Agreed. That's the entire point of Taking a BQ.
He's proven more at ND than either Jackson or Bollinger, hell probably more than both of them multiplied together. You are implanting an unknown quantity with two other unknown quantitys. Giving the team 3 unknown quantitys. Quinn has proven nothing at the NFL level.

It also gives the coaching staff less time to teach them all. They would have 3 QB's to develop. That's just ridiculous. Has any team ever in the history of the NFL taken QB's in back to back years so high in the draft?

You don't pass on a premier talent QB to fill a void. You take the talent. Just ask the New Orleans Saints. And Tennessee Titans. If Houston wasn't so arrogant and stupid they'd have had either VY or Reggie Bush...now there's arguements as to whether both were deserving and did they really fill team needs....but honestly, who here thinks Houston made the right call on bypassing those 2 ???? Anyone here ?
I doubt it.So in round one do the Titans draft a QB if he's the BPA? Do the Saints draft another RB if he's the BPA? Do the Cardnals take Quinn if he slips?

The last one was Daunte. Should we really have taken Chris McCallister instead of Daunte because he filled a void at CB ?..and that we already had the league MVP in Cunningham coming back ? AND Jeff George behind him ? Seriously, according to all you Quinn haters it'd be the same thing as passing on Daunte for Troy Edwards or Kevin Johnson ...just riddiculous.Cunningham was ancient and so was George. If we had Brad Johnson and Brian Greise as our QB's I'd be all for taking some youth. Even if we had old guys that were decent like Steve Mcnair and Jeff Garcia.

I don't think he's been leading any parades for any prospect either. Just about the entire staff was there. A lot of them weren't even needed. Even Ziggy was there. It was a parade. They might even have been throwing candy. The press was everywhere. They just wanted to make sure everyone knew they were there. If they wanted Quinn they would be sceduling workouts or interviews for some other guy and everyone and thier cousin would be at somebody elses pro day. Childress does not show any cards prior to draft day.

If Childress doesn't take Quinn then at the very least he's given other teams reason to rethink their strategies without making himself look foolish for saying that QB wasn't a position that could use improvement. It's for leverage in a trade. I think the goal this year is trade down.

rchrd
03-07-2007, 09:37 AM
lol...that's funny.

BTW who is that soccer player in your sig ? that's not Freddie Adu is it ?

Nah, it's a player from my team Leon Cort. By the by, im completely with you on Cedric and Edwards.

Unfortunately (because I like TJ) im becoming more sold on taking BQ but not to the point where i'll make a definitive push towards stating whether I would take him or not. mmm, sitting on the fence is rubbish...

wogitalia
03-07-2007, 10:51 AM
So in round one do the Titans draft a QB if he's the BPA? Do the Saints draft another RB if he's the BPA? Do the Cardnals take Quinn if he slips?

We didnt draft Reggie Bush or Vince Young and we dont have Steve McNair or Deuce on our team at the moment. We have a young guy who looked no better than Brooks Bollinger did for the Jets as our starter. We have, at best, a project at QB, most likely we have a career backup who might put up some numbers on a bad team but wont ever win, at worst case, a guy who costs us an elite QB talent because we waste 3 years trying to justify reaching for him.

Its the most dangerous thing a team can do that old reaching. Once you reach you are then forced to try and prove the reach right, therefore passing up on options that arent reaches just to try and prove the pick right. There are very few reaches that are ever made that work out. Especially more recently when scouting has become a corporate event and is beyond serious.

We have a nice prospect at QB and a career 3rd stringer. If we have the option to pick a blue chipper we should pick him. We currently have Rex Grossman, why settle for that when Peyton Manning is available. Thats what this is at the moment. I dont have a problem with giving TJ time and the chance, but I also dont think it should come at the expense of the opportunity of taking Brady.

The only positive is that if we pass on Brady and stick with TJ and assuming we cant get CJ, we dont address the O-Line problems and we dont get ourselves a legit franchise back, we will look the same as the Raiders did this year and have a really good chance of a top pick next year so that we can argue whether or not we should take Brohm or Henne because 2 years ago we invested so much in TJ and he showed flashes.

Brady Quinn is the opportunity to refresh the franchise and start heading in a new direction, natural born leaders dont come along that often and Brady is one.

All that said, it doesnt matter who is playing QB because we dont have a RB, LT, RG, RT, WR, WR or TE worth mentioning and our FB is coming off major surgery. We look pretty good defensively but on paper we may have the worst offense in the league.

Severe Punishment
03-07-2007, 03:53 PM
DT's make your LB's better. Okoye could help the seconday too. If they had a guy inside besides K Will that could rush the passer on third and long it would do a lot for the pass defense. James, K Will, Okoye, and Ray Edwards on the d-line passing downs. Not too shabby. I'm not saying DTs aren't valuable. My entire point is when you have 2 guys who play at a pro bowl level, it's not an area of concern.
PLUS the DT position this year is pretty deep...plus next years top tier DT's are even better than Okoye or Branch this year, hell Dorsey is probably the best DT prospect to play in college since Sapp was.
We could very well take a DT in rounds 2 or 3 or 4 that'd serve just as good a backup as Okoye or Branch. When there are other positions where the talent is better..you take the talent.

Smoot was garbage last year. They cut him. A lot of people could have beat him out.
This sounds like spite, Smoot is a bad #2...he's probably a top tier nickel though.

You are implanting an unknown quantity with two other unknown quantitys. Giving the team 3 unknown quantitys. Quinn has proven nothing at the NFL level.
By that rational we should never take a college QB then..we should always
take the "proven NFL" QB. C'mon man, even you can't buy into that.

It also gives the coaching staff less time to teach them all. They would have 3 QB's to develop. That's just ridiculous. Has any team ever in the history of the NFL taken QB's in back to back years so high in the draft?
Taking talent never sets you back. If the current QB's don't "get it" meaning the system by now, it's never going to happen for them..it's over a year old to them. PLUS I keep telling everyone BQ wouldn't be the starter from day 1.
The starter this year (going into the year will be Bollinger or Jackson. That's a fact. If they falter, the season is a complete wash.
If you can throw a QB in who might be able to "right the ship" and send your franchise into that direction to the playoffs for the future...tell me how that isn't better ?
If Jackson or Bollinger takes this team to the S.B. what have we lost ?
We have much more to lose by not taking him than we have to gain by taking another position to "fill a need".

So in round one do the Titans draft a QB if he's the BPA? Do the Saints draft another RB if he's the BPA? Do the Cardnals take Quinn if he slips?
Again, The Titans and Cardinals to premier QB's they didn't reach for a 4th or 5th round guy and make him their starter by default.
...and I hope you realize you are trying to compare Leinart and Young to Tarvaris Jackson.....come on now.

Cunningham was ancient and so was George. If we had Brad Johnson and Brian Greise as our QB's I'd be all for taking some youth. Even if we had old guys that were decent like Steve Mcnair and Jeff Garcia.
Cunningham had just thrown for 4000 yards and won the league MVP.
I don't care how old the guy is , if they can do that , they can play.

Just about the entire staff was there. A lot of them weren't even needed. Even Ziggy was there. It was a parade. They might even have been throwing candy. The press was everywhere. They just wanted to make sure everyone knew they were there. If they wanted Quinn they would be sceduling workouts or interviews for some other guy and everyone and thier cousin would be at somebody elses pro day. Childress does not show any cards prior to draft day. Link please.
Everything I've read said Childress and perhaps Wilf were there...I've not seen where "everyone and their mother" from the Vikes were there.

It's for leverage in a trade. I think the goal this year is trade down.
Speculation.

Crazy_Chris
03-07-2007, 07:18 PM
We have a nice prospect at QB and a career 3rd stringer. If we have the option to pick a blue chipper we should pick him. We currently have Rex Grossman, why settle for that when Peyton Manning is available. Thats what this is at the moment. I dont have a problem with giving TJ time and the chance, but I also dont think it should come at the expense of the opportunity of taking Brady.

I dont like the comparison to rex grossman becuase right now i would take even T-Jack over grossman but the general idea behind the statement is right... anyways id agree if we got quinn that we still would give T-Jack the chance to prove all you doubters wrong but yet we would still have the Insurance policy in Quinn which would be nice

All that said, it doesnt matter who is playing QB because we dont have a RB, LT, RG, RT, WR, WR or TE worth mentioning and our FB is coming off major surgery. We look pretty good defensively but on paper we may have the worst offense in the league.

Take RB, and LT off and its right i dont see where the anti-C. Taylor feelings come from he did VERY well last he was on a pace for 1500+ had he been healthy all year, this year if he cant stay healthy through this entire season than we have a need at RB and the next few years of Running backs are looking good anyways. LT Byrant McKennie had 1 down year(and it wasnt even much of a down year) so that all of the sudden make us not have a LT? thats just ludacris.

Severe Punishment
03-07-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm just curious as to why the Grossman comparisson is bad...just saying it's bad doesn't make it so...care to give a reason or 2 as to why they're not
similar ?

Agree with McKinney and Chester Taylor Chris, seems there's no love on here for either..and to me it's confussing..as they were both fairly productive (and McKinney's been very good for the last 3 years)

swagger
03-07-2007, 10:02 PM
McKinnie is a fringe Pro Bowler. I have no idea why Vikings fans hate on him. They rag on him because he might have 1 bad play in a game, and they use that to categorize a season's worth of performance. Childress and the coaching staff see him every day in practice, and McKinnie must be performing to warrant the contract extension he received.

Chester Taylor is a 2nd to 3rd tier RB.

Severe Punishment
03-07-2007, 10:53 PM
He recieved that extension in part because LT's in this league are such a rare commodity. When you have one that's good you don't let him walk...boat party or no boat party.

(for those keeping score at home the other 3 from the now infamous "love boat" have all been shown the door. Culpepper / Smoot / Moe Williams)
Hardly the concensus thought after it happend and there was "no way" we'd let Culpepper and Smoot leave.

swagger
03-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Culpepper leaving had nothing to do with the boat party. His charges were dropped, whereas the other three plead guilty.

Daunte left because of his injury and because he butted heads with Childress.

Smoot leaving had nothing to do with the boat party either. He got outplayed by a rookie, lost his job, didn't want to be a nickel back, and was getting paid too much to be a nickel back.

Crazy_Chris
03-08-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm just curious as to why the Grossman comparisson is bad...just saying it's bad doesn't make it so...care to give a reason or 2 as to why they're not
similar ?
I really dont know how a Injury prone, Extremely inconsistent, overly Cocky quaterback can be compared to a kid who has had a couple of starts in the NFL whether they are bad or not

wogitalia
03-08-2007, 10:08 AM
similar ?

Agree with McKinney and Chester Taylor Chris, seems there's no love on here for either..and to me it's confussing..as they were both fairly productive (and McKinney's been very good for the last 3 years)

The Grossman comparison was more a superbowl reference than an actual comparison. Both do have strong arms though and TJ did look just about as lost for the most part but other than that, they really dont compare, as I said, superbowl comparison.

I dont mind Taylor or McKinney. I would love to see us get a legit LT and move McKinney to RT, I haven't watched a lot prior to this year and he looked fairly lost at times(so did everyone which is on Childress to me) but he isnt bad, certainly is only the 3rd biggest worry on the O-Line behind a non-existent right side. Taylor is a solid back, but thats it. He is not a franchise back and I would prefer him as the 2nd back. Basically my problem with him is that at the moment he is on a team thats coach thinks he is franchise back and thats a problem. If Childress is going to continue with the whole pound the crap out of the ball and completely ignore WR and TE as options on offense than we need a franchise back, which Chester isnt.

If we however were to pick up a very good QB(Brady for instance) and add a receiving option or 3 then Chester is a fine solution. Basically if Childress changes his philosophy on offense than Chester is fine. If he is going to persist with what he showed last year than Chester wont do. What I say about the RB need is more to do with that than Chester, we either add WRs and a QB and have the coach look to pass or we need a franchise level back. Peterson if available would be option 2. Trading up for CJ or taking Quinn would be more along the lines of option 1.

Severe Punishment
03-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Culpepper leaving had nothing to do with the boat party. His charges were dropped, whereas the other three plead guilty.

Daunte left because of his injury and because he butted heads with Childress.

Smoot leaving had nothing to do with the boat party either. He got outplayed by a rookie, lost his job, didn't want to be a nickel back, and was getting paid too much to be a nickel back.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night.

swagger
04-12-2007, 05:47 PM
yeah, you're right...he's cut he won't be back...err, umm
http://www.kffl.com/player/1278/nfl

If I were a betting man, I'd put 20 on him coming back.

I will bet you $20 Kolodziej won't be on the roster next year.

I'd take that bet, but you wouldn't be the first internet tough guy to welch on a bet with me...plus there'd be almost no way to collect my money when he resigns.

I will gladly bet anything that Ross Kolod%&$#zjzjziej will not be on the roster next year.

Why would we cut him then? Defensive Tackle depth was already a problem.

He was making the league minimum. If we re-signed him in the new market, he would probably end up with a higher salary then if we didn't cut him in the first place. Why would we cut him and then bring him back at a higher salary?

Find me one reason for cutting him and then re-signing him.

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=6361561&nav=14RV
I was right, you were wrong.... again.