PDA

View Full Version : Lito to da Bucs?

TitleTown088
04-25-2008, 01:22 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8069686/Two-time-Pro-Bowl-CB-Sheppard-visits-with-Bucs

FOXSports.com has learned that Sheppard was in Tampa on Wednesday to visit with the Buccaneers, who have emerged as the frontrunner for the two-time Pro Bowler, and is likely to be traded by Saturday.

It appears it will take a second-round pick plus and additional pick or player to get the deal done.

Two or three other teams are interested in the cornerback, who has played with the Eagles since entering the league in 2002.

DragonFireKai
04-25-2008, 01:25 AM
He's a terrible fit for their defense.

DJC
04-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Im going to guess that'll it will be a pick + either Jovan Haye or Greg White. White has just come out and said he'd like to be traded if he can't get a new contract, and Haye was shopped to the Chiefs as part of a potential Jared Allen deal.

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2008, 06:03 AM
We could use a good backup DT. Lito for a 2nd and Haye would be a nice trade.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2008, 06:21 AM
I wouldn't mind that trade at all. Perhaps we can use our picks to move up in the second, or maybe back into the late first, depending on what we get for Lito, and what other teams arewilling to trade for.

BlindSite
04-25-2008, 08:06 AM
I don't get why the eagles want to trade Lito?

Jakey
04-25-2008, 08:09 AM

Beacase he is not hapy that Samuel has robbed his side of the field! Diddums! :p

Sniper
04-25-2008, 08:23 AM

They don't. But he wants to be traded because Samuel got paid big $ and he knows the Birds won't pay him the same type of cash.

Eagles own the NFC East
04-25-2008, 08:35 AM
ehhh we could get more then a late 2nd I think, should be a solid player also in return hopefully.

Eagles own the NFC East
04-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I saw on yahoo sports that Michael Clayton may be included. Maybe he can bounce back to his rookie form but I doubt it wishful thinking.

bsaza2358
04-25-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm not thrilled with the aspects of this deal. I would rather keep Lito and not get the extra #2. Haye is okay in a rotation, and I like Clayton okay, but I don't know if that kind of package would excite me enough to part with Lito right now.

Chucky
04-25-2008, 12:13 PM
I do not understand why the Bucs want to trade Haye so badly, or why they want Lito, he would not fit in the cover 2 at all.

etk
04-25-2008, 12:25 PM
I do not understand why the Bucs want to trade Haye so badly, or why they want Lito, he would not fit in the cover 2 at all.

I'm crossing my fingers right now...please stop Bruce Allen.

LonghornsLegend
04-25-2008, 12:36 PM
I would LOVE this deal...That's one team in front of Dallas who doesn't need to take Mike Jenkins, and Tamps is who I thought would get him anyway...Go Tampa.

toonsterwu
04-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Really a side note, but someone mentioned Greg White earlier, and I don't see it. The Eagles have a 4 deep at end already.

Overall, I don't see the particular necessity for either side to make this deal. I think Lito could fit (heck, if Phillip Buchanon could fit, physically Lito could fit. That said, I think they can wait to grab a CB, as they have traditionally done, if they miss on a CB at 20 they want (namely Mike Jenkins). Teams are in love with Chevis Jackson and reaching on him late 2nd might not be the worst idea out there, while still giving them flexibility.

Now that said, if the trade was simply Lito for the 2nd, then I guess the Bucs should pull the trigger, as they have the cap room and Lito will likely be more help than any rookie. Lito and Mike Clayton - pull the trigger. Clayton's stalled. But Lito and someone like Jovan Haye? I'm not sure you pull the trigger. Their DT rotation isn't exactly great. Put it this way - they could use an impact DT IMO anyways, unless Greg Peterson develops. And if they lack a 2nd, they'd have to wait for scraps in the 3rd or later, or reach terribly on someone in the first.

We'll have to wait and see, although Lito claimed he was simply visiting friends.

Watchman
04-25-2008, 01:32 PM
At this point I'd be fine with the Bucs giving another team a pick just to take Micheal Clayton.

Haye's name being in trade rumors is a head scratcher to me. He's was pretty solid last year. I know Greg White said he wanted to be traded, but he doesn't really have any leverage.

bofadabizzles
04-25-2008, 02:28 PM
At this point I'd be fine with the Bucs giving another team a pick just to take Micheal Clayton.

Haye's name being in trade rumors is a head scratcher to me. He's was pretty solid last year. I know Greg White said he wanted to be traded, but he doesn't really have any leverage.

I could be wrong about this but I think all the mention of Javon Haye being involved in every Buc trade this offseason has more to do with people wanting him than the Bucs wanting to trade him. I also think Greg White wants a raise more than a trade.

As far Lito goes anything more than a 2nd round pick and Clayton would be a complete ripoff. It would probably help Michael Clayton's career to get away from Jon Gruden, it definitely won't hurt his career.

etk
04-25-2008, 02:29 PM
I would LOVE this deal...That's one team in front of Dallas who doesn't need to take Mike Jenkins, and Tamps is who I thought would get him anyway...Go Tampa.

umm...and Lito's nickname is Cowboy Killer, so it would be nice to get him out of the division. 8 INTs in 11 games against the Cowboys should be reason enough for you to enjoy this trade.

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't really want Clayton, we have enough #2 and #3 receivers.

Sniper
04-25-2008, 02:36 PM
umm...and Lito's nickname is Cowboy Killer, so it would be nice to get him out of the division. 8 INTs in 11 games against the Cowboys should be reason enough for you to enjoy this trade.

I was just about to say that. Lito KILLS the Cowboys, absolutely slaughters them.

Dam8610
04-25-2008, 02:37 PM

Might have to do with wanting to get some value for a guy who would play nickel corner for them until he walked. Might also have to do with his subpar season last year.

etk
04-25-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't really want Clayton, we have enough #2 and #3 receivers.

With a change in scenery Clayton could actually be a very good receiver. His rookie year wasn't a fluke.

asmitty45
04-25-2008, 02:41 PM
if lito returns to form this trade is a steal for TB. A probowler for a 2nd ronder and a rotational DLineman? Thats a great move for them, regardless of the fit.

Watchman
04-25-2008, 02:43 PM
With a change in scenery Clayton could actually be a very good receiver. His rookie year wasn't a fluke.

His production since his rookie year says otherwise.

Watchman
04-25-2008, 02:46 PM
I could be wrong about this but I think all the mention of Javon Haye being involved in every Buc trade this offseason has more to do with people wanting him than the Bucs wanting to trade him. I also think Greg White wants a raise more than a trade.

As far Lito goes anything more than a 2nd round pick and Clayton would be a complete ripoff. It would probably help Michael Clayton's career to get away from Jon Gruden, it definitely won't hurt his career.

I think Greg White needs to do it for more than a single season before he warrants a raise. At this point Michael Clayton can wears gloves on his feet instead of shoes and it won't hurt his career.

bofadabizzles
04-25-2008, 03:00 PM
I think Greg White needs to do it for more than a single season before he warrants a raise. At this point Michael Clayton can wears gloves on his feet instead of shoes and it won't hurt his career.

I agree with ETK, Clayton can be good again but I don't see it happening in Tampa. Alot of his struggles seems to be due to a lack of confidence/focus which is only componded by Gruden. Who knows gloves on his feet might help him gets some of his mojo back.

A Perfect Score
04-25-2008, 03:15 PM
lito is a terrible fit in the cover 2...this makes no sense at all for tampa.

eaglesfan_45
04-25-2008, 05:13 PM

It would also add one more... Philly

Sveen
04-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Saints Enter the Lito Shuffle (http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/saints-enter-the-lito-shuffle/)

We are apparently offering our 2nd round pick which is a much higher pick than the Bucs are offering (their 2nd rounder).

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Tomorrow can't get here fast enough...

Flyboy
04-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Saints Enter the Lito Shuffle (http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/saints-enter-the-lito-shuffle/)

We are apparently offering our 2nd round pick which is a much higher pick than the Bucs are offering (their 2nd rounder).

I rather switch first rounders with the Eagles plus Lito.

KCJ58
04-25-2008, 05:34 PM
the st. louis rams maybe an outsider looking at Lito

A Perfect Score
04-25-2008, 05:45 PM
id loove to see baltimore take a run at him...he would give us an immediate upgrade over samari rolle. id give our 2nd rounder for him, which is higer then the saints and bucs (i think). id also be welcome to a deal where we swapped picks with the eagles and got lito out of it. thatd be even better. however i dont think it will happen.

Canadian_kid16
04-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Tomorrow can't get here fast enough...

so true, I'm stuck with listening to it on the radio or on the net (stupid NHL playoffs, only time you'll hear me saying that)

Sveen
04-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Canadian_kid16: I believe the draft will be streamed on NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/draft/live)

Thunder&Lightning
04-25-2008, 06:35 PM
haha could be a sad day for Bucs fans...

Caddy
04-25-2008, 09:38 PM
I could see this trade going down, but giving up Jovan Haye and Greg White is completely stupid. Haye has a lot of potential at under tackle in our system and giving him away would leave a huge gap on the starting line. He isn't going anywhere in my opinion. I think the same can be said about Greg White. He had 8 sacks as a back-up, not too mention a ton of fumbles.

Byrd430
04-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Personally can't wait for Lito to be traded. As a Cowboys fan and a Gators fan, it's hard to root against an ex-Gator. Plus, he usually picks us off eight times a game and takes three of em back for touchdowns. Seems like it anyway....

etk
04-25-2008, 10:36 PM
I could see this trade going down, but giving up Jovan Haye and Greg White is completely stupid. Haye has a lot of potential at under tackle in our system and giving him away would leave a huge gap on the starting line. He isn't going anywhere in my opinion. I think the same can be said about Greg White. He had 8 sacks as a back-up, not too mention a ton of fumbles.

Yeah Haye has a lot of potential in our system, but that's on top of what he's already proven himself capable of. Greg White has "it" as a pass rusher and we need at least 2 capable edge rushers to have an effective defense. Kevin Carter and Marques Douglas won't cut it opposite Adams on passing downs.

Even a 2nd rounder or Haye as individual options would suck. Haye is young, loaded with potential and has already proven himself to be one of the top pass rushing DTs in the game. Sheppard is a good corner, but he's older than Haye and less valuable in our defense. Good Cover 2 corners grow on trees, but good pass rushing interior linemen come once or twice a year. Our FO has proven itself capable of finding good corners in the 2nd round or later, so why would we give up a 2nd rounder and a young, established player for a 27 year old corner that has never played in our system? I trust our FO to be able to find a good young corner in the draft, but they'll have a VERY tough time finding a replacement for Haye or White.

No matter which way you put it, this trade blows and shows that Gruden & Allen are just trying to make a big splash by trading for a big-name player to raise interest for the team. What pisses me off the most is that they should be on the phones trying to work a deal for one of the disgruntled receivers instead of trying to add a damn corner.

Caddy
04-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah Haye has a lot of potential in our system, but that's on top of what he's already proven himself capable of. Greg White has "it" as a pass rusher and we need at least 2 capable edge rushers to have an effective defense. Kevin Carter and Marques Douglas won't cut it opposite Adams on passing downs.

Even a 2nd rounder or Haye as individual options would suck. Haye is young, loaded with potential and has already proven himself to be one of the top pass rushing DTs in the game. Sheppard is a good corner, but he's older than Haye and less valuable in our defense. Good Cover 2 corners grow on trees, but good pass rushing interior linemen come once or twice a year. Our FO has proven itself capable of finding good corners in the 2nd round or later, so why would we give up a 2nd rounder and a young, established player for a 27 year old corner that has never played in our system? I trust our FO to be able to find a good young corner in the draft, but they'll have a VERY tough time finding a replacement for Haye or White.

No matter which way you put it, this trade blows and shows that Gruden & Allen are just trying to make a big splash by trading for a big-name player to raise interest for the team. What pisses me off the most is that they should be on the phones trying to work a deal for one of the disgruntled receivers instead of trying to add a damn corner.

I completely agree.

Could I see the Buccaneers offering a straight up draft pick? Sure, it is definitely a possibility.

But to mortgage our D-Line, which is crucial to the success of the defense as a whole, would be downright stupid.

04-25-2008, 10:55 PM

A package of a second and Haye would be a bit much imo. Including Clayton in the deal instead of Haye would seem just about right.

Beans
04-26-2008, 10:22 AM
What pisses me off the most is that they should be on the phones trying to work a deal for one of the disgruntled receivers instead of trying to add a damn corner.

think we could make a run for chad johnson?

etk
04-26-2008, 11:54 AM
think we could make a run for chad johnson?

Absolutely. Or Roy Williams, or Anquan Boldin, but once pick 20 is over and done with we have no shot for any of them.