PDA

View Full Version : Tomas Jones to denver?

niel89
02-26-2007, 11:12 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5299750

"Broncos may look at Bears back

There is growing speculation at the combine the Broncos might be players if Chicago deals running back Thomas Jones, who would like to be traded. Jones' name came up last summer in the Ashley Lelie trade winds.

The Bears would likely ask for a couple of high draft choices. The Broncos have two third-round picks and want to acquire impact players. "

how do you guys feel about this?

njx9
02-26-2007, 11:57 PM
i'd like it. not for both 3rds, but for one of them i think he's better than anyone likely to be available. of course, this is assuming that no deal is made to move up.

niel89
02-27-2007, 03:04 AM
yeah since you guys have two 3rds anyways. he is worth 1 3rd.

but who know you guys could go agressive in the draft again.

Jimmy
02-27-2007, 05:28 AM
yeah its true he wants a trade
and i would like him in denver
also, chitown could start benson
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006555993

bearsfan_51
02-27-2007, 08:11 PM
We'll take it.

Chicago papers think that the Broncos will sign Ian Scott too. I dunno who your starters are (is Gerrard Warren still one?) but he could probably start in Denver. Good run stuffer, but not much else.

Smokey Joe
02-27-2007, 09:03 PM
I'd take it as well... and like 51 says, JA is god in a suit, so he could probably squeeze some more out of a possible trade :D

njx9
02-28-2007, 08:54 AM
you know he'd be trading with shanahan, right? i can't think of one trade that didn't heavily favor denver that he's made recently (or ever). i don't want to start a pissing contest about GM's and the front office...

also, i just traded the bears roc alexander and a 4th for devin hester in madden. i think we should make a similar deal irl.

i wouldn't mind adding scott to the rotation, on the assumption that we pick up a penetrator (i feel dirty just saying that) in the draft. i think our DT's were adequate at stopping the run this year.

Diehard
02-28-2007, 10:41 AM
i wouldn't mind adding scott to the rotation, on the assumption that we pick up a penetrator (i feel dirty just saying that) in the draft. i think our DT's were adequate at stopping the run this year.

Yeah, we definitely need to pick up a penetrator / pocket collapser... this had better be Shanny's #1 offseason priority.

As for Scott, he's a FA isn't he? I certainly don't want to see the Broncos dropping significant $$$ on a guy who's not going to be a much of a factor in the passing game. For the right price, though, he'd be a nice upgrade to the run defense.

njx9
02-28-2007, 11:00 AM
sure. if we can get him for rotational player price, i love it. i always like adding bodies to the d-line.