PDA

View Full Version : Night before Christmas

woodnick
04-25-2008, 12:43 PM
On the night before christmas the anticipation builds, so lets take a quick poll on who everybody thinks we'll draft. This can either be who you think we will or should draft. I'm guessing this will be quite a split, so lets see.

Also, Todd McShay is reporting in his latest rumors update that the news swirling around the league is that the top 3 RBs will be drafted by 13. He says that McFadden will go either 4 or 6, Cincy will draft Mendenhall at 9 if Ellis is gone and Denver or Carolina is likely to jump on Stewart.

If this happens the chance of us drafting Mayo or OT at 15 raise dramatically. T-Mac also says that Mendenhall would be a perfect fit for the Lions and vice versa with what we're trying to do with our new offense.

woodnick
04-25-2008, 12:59 PM
I choose Clady because their is a lot of mocks that have him falling to us and he plays with a bit of a mean streak. He's from a system that employs quite a bit of ZBS, which matched with his stregth and feet we should be able to throw him in at LT from day 1 and move Backus around to see if he's decent at any other position, since we already know how terrible he is at LT.

I almost choose Jackson here since we do need a returner and if we trade Roy then...Aww I can't BS any more I'd frickin s*** if we got another WR.

My 2nd choice, other than another LT, was very close between Mendenhall and Mayo. I like next year's class of MLB better than this years at the top but I'm really intrigued by what Forte might be able to bring to us. So yeah I'm pretty torn, but either way I'd ultimately prefer us to draft either Williams or Clady first and foremost. If we dont go OT then I'd take Mendenahll slightly over Mayo, but would love to drop down 4-8 or so spots and get Mayo at that value. Also worth noting is that Kiper is saying that Denver seems enthralled with Mayo and might take him at 15, but I dont see it happening. Either way I cant wait until tomorrow.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Twas the Night Before Christams and all through Allen Park
Not a creature was stirring not even a Mooch,
The jerseys were hung on the locker with care,
In hopes that St Millen soon would be fired next year(out of canon into the sun)

The Lions were nestled all snug in last place
While visions of wideouts danced in Millens face
And Berman in his suit and I on my couch
Had just settled down for a long day of Draft
When out on tv there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my couch to yell curses at Kiper
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore apart my Mike Williams jersey and threw up last nights hash
And whats this now you're gonna trade Roy,
I have to because of Martz, Calvins our boy
We could have had Thomas instead of Jeff Backus,
Despite Kitnas prediction, they're still gonna sack us
Wide outs the key said go old fat Matt
But our defense still sucks, ask the the league about that,
Don't worry we got Bodden and Bucs to hlep make one stop
With Rodgers,Jackson and Grossman, passing yards should drop
KJ is gone he always was hurt
But Bell he is here now, so the ball will be in the dirt,

The moon on the breast of Rogers stipper he wanted
A memory of a fat man sucking wind is being haunted
But then what to my wonderings eyes should appear,
But a miniature draft board and eight future Lions
I knew in a moment it must be St. Millen
More rapid than 10 losses or good coaches being the villain
And he whistled shouted and called them by name,
Now Harvey, now Clady, now Albert and Williams,
On Mendenhall, On Stewart, On Mayo and Merling
To the top of the board,
Now dash away, dash away, dash away all hope in 3 years
As everyone before has failed with many tears,
When they meet with St Millen, they'll suck and surely bust
Only Marinelli can save us now, In Rod we Trust.

P-L
04-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I want an OL or DE (Harvey).

asmitty45
04-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Ideally I want Clady, I think he is going to be an absolute monster LT in the NFL, but I can't see him getting past Denver at 12.

I think in the end we will take Mayo. Harvey isn't explosive enough and I don't think the Lions are enthralled enough with any of the other OL prospoects to jump at any of them.

Mayo would give us another great young impact LB to put next to sims and gives us the chance to really solidify the LB corps.

So put some Mayo on my Lions draft please.

Scotty D
04-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Derrick Harvey
Jerod Mayo
Chris Williams
Keith Rivers

Thats what I want. We take Stewart or Mendenhall and a throw a **** fit.

asmitty45
04-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Derrick Harvey
Jerod Mayo
Chris Williams
Keith Rivers

Thats what I want. We take Stewart or Mendenhall and a throw a **** fit.

To that point about being pissed about an RB, im falling in love with Ray Rice.

I think he'd be a great fit for our new more run intensive system. I know theres a lot of tread on the tires but I think he's going to be a very good pro running back because of his compact frame.

I'd love to see us grab him in the second or third.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-25-2008, 03:01 PM
OL,DE,LB I'm fine with any of them. Harvey,Mayo(maybe trade back if we can)OTs(except for Otah who I think will not be good)

RB, we need one and they are good value but another skill position just doesn't seem like the right move.

SINCE1978
04-25-2008, 08:57 PM
They'll "settle" with Mayo (good fit) but Harvey is #1 on their board (IMO) but he's gone to Carolina if not earlier. Finally a defensive focus which is the obvious fixer-upper after all the offensive blunders in years past.

SINCE1978
04-25-2008, 09:00 PM
OL,DE,LB I'm fine with any of them. Harvey,Mayo(maybe trade back if we can)OTs(except for Otah who I think will not be good)

RB, we need one and they are good value but another skill position just doesn't seem like the right move.

I agree on Otah's future as well as value in later rounds for a RB (Smith, Slaton,Forte,Rice)

Xiomera
04-25-2008, 11:18 PM
I will be content with any of these: Mayo, Harvey, Rivers, Otah, Williams, Albert, Clady

I will kill myself if its Mendenhall or Stewart.

Iamcanadian
04-26-2008, 01:38 AM
I just did a mock where we picked Mendenhall and traded back up into round 1 with Dallas to select Mayo. I'd love that.

I also saw a mock where we traded up with Buffalo and took Harvey. Myself, I'd take Mendenhall and Mayo over just Harvey.

WMD
04-26-2008, 06:01 AM
I think my board would go (of guys that could realistically be there):: Derrick Harvey, Chris Williams, Keith Rivers, Jerod Mayo, Branden Albert, Ryan Clady, Rashard Mendenhall, and Jeff Otah.. Probably in that order. I've also got Quentin Groves on my radar for the Lions.

SINCE1978
04-26-2008, 08:28 AM
I think my board would go (of guys that could realistically be there):: Derrick Harvey, Chris Williams, Keith Rivers, Jerod Mayo, Branden Albert, Ryan Clady, Rashard Mendenhall, and Jeff Otah.. Probably in that order. I've also got Quentin Groves on my radar for the Lions.

Like your board fella: Mine is this --> Harvey, Clady, Williams, Rivers, Mayo, Albert, Stewart ... not really sold on Mendenhall, IMO juice williams made him look better than he was & he looked stellar in 1 game against that USC D in the Rose Bowl where many folks jumped on his wagon. Wish him the best, just not on our squad ;o)

I'm ready for 3:00!!!!!

woodnick
04-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Like your board fella: Mine is this --> Harvey, Clady, Williams, Rivers, Mayo, Albert, Stewart ... not really sold on Mendenhall, IMO juice williams made him look better than he was & he looked stellar in 1 game against that USC D in the Rose Bowl where many folks jumped on his wagon. Wish him the best, just not on our squad ;o)

I'm ready for 3:00!!!!!

Juice Williams sucked last year, in half the games he got pulled for their back up so it's hard to believe that Juice made Rashard better.

woodnick
04-26-2008, 09:47 AM

My board would be: Clady, Williams, Mendenhall, Rivers, Mayo, Harvey, Albert, Jenkins, DRC, Connors, Otah. Overall, if Clady and Williams are both off the board, which is very probable, then we trade back a few and go for Mayo because I think it would get us an extra 3rd or 4th and get much better value for Mayo.

Prowler
04-26-2008, 12:29 PM
swear to god, i will be 100% fine with anybody but matt ryan or henne. trade up, down, sideways, just get me a pro bowler millen.