PDA

View Full Version : Rex Grossman's career passer rating: 70.9

Matthew Jones
04-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Terry Bradshaw's career passer rating: 70.9

Creepy! Just thought I'd throw this out. It might make for an interesting discussion. I knew Bradshaw wasn't an excellent passer, but I thought he'd at least be significantly better than Grossman.

Dam8610
04-25-2008, 02:34 PM
You might want to take era adjustment into account. Throw that in, and Bradshaw's rating looks much better than Grossman's. That said, I've thought Grossman has been far more harshly criticized than he's deserved over the past season and a half (after he came down to Earth a bit from the Manning/Palmer level numbers he was putting up in the first 5 games of the 2006 season). Last year his OL was crap, and the year before, he had a near Pro Bowl season (drop 2 games from it, and it's hard to make a case against him).

BigDawg819
04-27-2008, 12:02 AM
With a nickname like "Sexy" Rexy, how can you hate him?

Boston
04-27-2008, 12:09 AM
With a nickname like "Sexy" Rexy, how can you hate him?

I know somebody that doesn't hate him...

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/rexgrossman.jpg

sweetness34
04-27-2008, 12:14 AM
What's his record again versus you guys? 4-2? Rex pwns Green Bay...

I've been a Rexy supporter since he came to Chicago and I still am. I've given up on the fact that he's not a franchise QB and never will be but with a good OL and a good running game Rex can produce. He'll be a good short term answer for us, how he produces this year though will depend on how much longer he lasts in Chicago.

Mr. Stiller
04-27-2008, 12:15 AM
In Bradshaws era the game wasn't geared towards the offense.

The Cbs/Safeties could Mug you practically, and not to mention the difference in sacking..

This day and age... You're barely allowed to tap the QB, and after the Steel Curtain rule and Ty Law rule, you can't bother a WR.

BigDawg819
04-27-2008, 12:21 AM

I've been a Rexy supporter since he came to Chicago and I still am. I've given up on the fact that he's not a franchise QB and never will be but with a good OL and a good running game Rex can produce. He'll be a good short term answer for us, how he produces this year though will depend on how much longer he lasts in Chicago.

Rex Grossman & Kyle Boller 2008 Co-MVPs of the NFL!

sweetness34
04-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Rex Grossman & Kyle Boller 2008 Co-MVPs of the NFL!

Rex Grossman >>> Kyle Boller

:D

Boston
04-27-2008, 01:59 AM

He'll have to win the starting job from this badass before he proves anything.

http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/ortondrunk2.jpg

d34ng3l021
04-27-2008, 02:04 AM
**** it guys, he is going deep.

fenikz
04-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Rex Grossman is made of twisted steel and sex appeal

BeerBaron
04-27-2008, 09:29 AM
oh rexy...you make for great discussion everywhere...

dont forget people, hes the only NFC North QB to have played in a superbowl!

what rexy has actually accomplished > kitna, rodgers, tavaris

keylime_5
04-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Well since they passed on Flacco, Brohm, and Henne I guess they could take another future bust out of Florida next year at QB.

bored of education
04-27-2008, 06:12 PM
LOl i love sexy rexy

BaLLiN
04-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Rex's dream:

Berrian covered by 4 guys while streaking down the sideline, Desmond is open in the flats, no one even near him, screw this, im going long.

someone447
04-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Rex Grossman is made of twisted steel and sex appeal

And you are made of flubber and gut, and you like it in the butt.

:-D
I've been waiting to use that one.

Rex's dream:

Berrian covered by 4 guys while streaking down the sideline, Desmond is open in the flats, no one even near him, screw this, im going long.

Throwing to the flats is for pussies.