PDA

View Full Version : Ayodele and Fasano to Miami for 4th rd pick

budlitebrad
04-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Just heard it on Sirius.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh snap...I guess we really were targeting TE after all.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

Bobo
04-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Fasano was a 2nd right? Ayodele signed a decent sized contract right? Seems like a 4th is not great return.

I bet Kevin Burnett still doesn't become a starter :-/

Paul
04-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh what in god's name is going on. FASANO!?

swollja
04-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Fasano was a 2nd right? Ayodele signed a decent sized contract right? Seems like a 4th is not great return.

as a fins fan im happy with it, we were gonna start torbor at mlb lo

Geo
04-25-2008, 09:06 PM
LOL, this is such an awesome Draft, there could be trades at any time.

Excellent move by the Dolphins imo ... and that 4th round pick is the equivalent of a late 3rd, given that it's at the top of the round.

regoob2
Good trade for Miami.

M.O.T.H.

Zach Thomas is def. going to start.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Dallas go ILB early either.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh what in god's name is going on. FASANO!?

Apparently a lot of people in house havent liked his progression and feel Tony Curtis is better. A couple of us were assuming we were shopping him for a while because, of all the rumored interest in TE. I'm not surprised. Def. a very good deal on the Dolphins end. It would have been nice to receive a 3rd for giving up those two but, the 1st overall pick in the 4th isnt terrible.

skinzzfan25
04-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Great move by Miami.

Bobo
04-25-2008, 09:10 PM
IMO they should have tried to traded Burnett at this point. Maybe they did, and maybe he doesn't have much value. I personally think he's just wasting away in Dallas.

Paul
04-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Apparently a lot of people in house havent liked his progression and feel Tony Curtis is better. A couple of us were assuming we were shopping him for a while because, of all the rumored interest in TE. I'm not surprised. Def. a very good deal on the Dolphins end. It would have been nice to receive a 3rd for giving up those two but, the 1st overall pick in the 4th isnt terrible.

Akin is fine, could care less about that. But Fasano was a damn fine player from what we saw. A superb safety net if anything happened to Witten. This is a big big surprise to me.

Geo
04-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Really? Touching on an earlier point, it seemed like Curtis had passed him over on the depth chart, and he did poorly against the Giants in the playoffs.

CC.SD
04-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Where the hell is Bobby Carpenter???

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2008, 09:18 PM

Parcells doesnt want him. He was already approached about a deal a while back. Most scouts dont even think Carp can play in a 3-4 these days. I've been looking for the article on this but, I cant find it. I posted it somewhere on this forum. haha.

CC.SD
04-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Parcells doesnt want him. He was already approached about a deal a while back. Most scouts dont even think Carp can play in a 3-4 these days. I've been looking for the article on this but, I cant find it. I posted it somewhere on this forum. haha.

Very odd. Talk about getting frozen out by your organization.

Saints67

Isn't Marcus Spears on the block too?

M.O.T.H.
Isn't Marcus Spears on the block too?

not anymore.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2008, 09:21 PM

The fact that BP doesnt even want him to play in the scheme he was supposed to be perfect for, says a real lot about the player.

Paul
04-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Really? Touching on an earlier point, it seemed like Curtis had passed him over on the depth chart, and he did poorly against the Giants in the playoffs.

Hey, I like Curtis as much as the next Cowboys fan, he really stepped his game up last season. But not really sure if he passed Fasano on the depth chart, I highly doubt it. Not from the games I've seen.

But man, this just came out of nowhere.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey, I like Curtis as much as the next Cowboys fan, he really stepped his game up last season. But not really sure if he passed Fasano on the depth chart, I highly doubt it. Not from the games I've seen.

But man, this just came out of nowhere.

He didnt pass him on the depth chart.

It really didnt come out of knowhere, though. The signs were there for the last couple of weeks.

GB12
04-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Oh snap...I guess we really were targeting TE after all.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/
Weren't you (and other Cowboys fans) calling Fasano a top 20 TE in the NFL

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2008, 09:29 PM

I dont think I ever called him top 20...but, I do think he still has a great deal of potential. He could end up being a great player for them. I'm not going to be upset, though...because, Curtis has a lot of talent as well and we do have one of the best TEs already starting. It's not like Fasano was a key contributor anyway and he dropped too many passes, at inopportune times. I honestly hope he does well. I'd be thrilled w/ this deal, if I was a Dolphins fan.

A Perfect Score
04-25-2008, 09:29 PM
great trade for miami...fasano is straight up good, and is worth the 4th alone. For parcells to wrangle ayodele, a starting caliber LB, out of it as well, is a testament to his skill. or maybe its just a big conspiracy, seeing as all these people are going from miami to dallas...

Caddy
04-25-2008, 09:33 PM
This doesn't shock me a whole lot. Parcells gets two guys who he has coached before which gives him a little less to worry about during the regular season. Good trade.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Seems like a nice deal for the Phins..

GB12
04-25-2008, 09:41 PM
I dont think I ever called him top 20...but, I do think he still has a great deal of potential. He could end up being a great player for them. I'm not going to be upset, though...because, Curtis has a lot of talent as well and we do have one of the best TEs already starting. It's not like Fasano was a key contributor anyway and he dropped too many passes, at inopportune times. I honestly hope he does well. I'd be thrilled w/ this deal, if I was a Dolphins fan.
I can swear you said that. I'll see if I can find it.

LonghornsLegend
04-25-2008, 09:43 PM

Actually that was me who said he could start for probably half the teams in the NFL at some point, and I was probably alone on that but we shall see...

I'm more so happy about getting Akin out of the lineup then I am the return...I would of prefered a 3rd, but not having Akin starting is worth it, he played just as bad as Roy did....

Burnett will see more snaps this way, he is going to play most passing downs and spell Thomas alot more to keep him fresh, I can see a heavier rotation for him, he is too valuable, Ayodele was expendable.

And we still don't need to address ILB unless we trade Carpenter, he might be buried, but he can still play there if we need him to and he can't be any worse the Ayodele if he needed to fill in, TE late is an option, and of course, this gives me hope that we draft Jermichael Finley :D

Wootylicous
04-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow great deal by Miami. I liked Fasano a lot.

A Perfect Score
04-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Actually that was me who said he could start for probably half the teams in the NFL at some point, and I was probably alone on that but we shall see...

I'm more so happy about getting Akin out of the lineup then I am the return...I would of prefered a 3rd, but not having Akin starting is worth it, he played just as bad as Roy did....

Burnett will see more snaps this way, he is going to play most passing downs and spell Thomas alot more to keep him fresh, I can see a heavier rotation for him, he is too valuable, Ayodele was expendable.

And we still don't need to address ILB unless we trade Carpenter, he might be buried, but he can still play there if we need him to and he can't be any worse the Ayodele if he needed to fill in, TE late is an option, and of course, this gives me hope that we draft Jermichael Finley :D

i think he could start for more then half the teams...he is a more complete TE then most of the starters in the league

ninerfan
04-25-2008, 09:47 PM
This doesn't shock me a whole lot. Parcells gets two guys who he has coached before which gives him a little less to worry about during the regular season. Good trade.

Yeah good trade for the phins but to me it doesnt make sense for Dallas

TitanHope
04-25-2008, 09:48 PM
I would have preferred to trade PacMan for Fasano and Ayodele... Por Que?!

Great deal for Miami, and it seems that Dallas was able to let loose some dead weight in exchange for decent return. While Dallas's roster contains youth or backups who can start, Miami's roster would be improved by Dallas's extras.

Byrd430
04-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Curtis is a viable backup to Witten and the difference between him and Fasano wasn't much to be honest. More surprised with Ayodele getting traded, but with James and the addition of Thomas, we'll be fine there for now. The only thing is, it opens up another hole we need to fill in the draft cuz Thomas ain't getting no younger!

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2008, 09:50 PM
I can swear you said that. I'll see if I can find it.

I dont think I ever said that...I went back and forth when it came to Fasano many a times. Hell, when we first got him, I hated him. Maybe you're referring to the time when I said he could start for a number of teams out there?

LonghornsLegend
04-25-2008, 09:50 PM
i think he could start for more then half the teams...he is a more complete TE then most of the starters in the league

Well at the time everyone had a good laugh out of it, but that's what happens when you go against the grain, since then Fasano has played really well and showed alot of potential for only being 23 years old, he was groomed properly and hasn't been given a chance to play being the starter yet, for a young team like Miami I would be ecstatic.

As far as us, this 4th is more then likely going to be packaged together to move up at some point in the draft.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-25-2008, 09:51 PM

All the mocks had us picking him that year. I, too, wondered what the hell happened to him.. I haven't seen him on the field as much.

GB12
04-25-2008, 09:53 PM
I dont think I ever said that...I went back and forth when it came to Fasano many a times. Hell, when we first got him, I hated him. Maybe you're referring to the time when I said he could start for a number of teams out there?
My mistake. As he pointed out it was LonghornsLegend I was thinking of.

Paul
04-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Curtis is a viable backup to Witten and the difference between him and Fasano wasn't much to be honest. More surprised with Ayodele getting traded, but with James and the addition of Thomas, we'll be fine there for now. The only thing is, it opens up another hole we need to fill in the draft cuz Thomas ain't getting no younger!

Akin wasn't horrible, but he wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination either. Him leaving is fine in my book. And if you haven't noticed we have a Burnett and Carp behind Bradie and Zach, it's not exactly a gaping hole at ILB.

YAYareaRB
04-25-2008, 09:56 PM
OH YEAH! It's Tony Curtis time!

LonghornsLegend
04-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Akin wasn't horrible, but he wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination either. Him leaving is fine in my book. And if you haven't noticed we have a Burnett and Carp behind Bradie and Zach, it's not exactly a gaping hole at ILB.

I guess it depends on who you ask, personally I think Ayodele played horrible and that led to his departure, Jerry hinted at him being gone 3 or 4 times since the season was over...To be an ILB, he took bad angle after bad angle on running plays, over pursued plays, wasn't a playmaker out there, he was basically just taking up space...I went back and saw too many plays where he looked lost, or was nowhere near the ball carrier, I have been wanting Jerry to follow through and get rid of him for some time, and when Thomas came I knew that was his ticket out of town.

Now hopefully this opens the door for Burnett to get more chances, because he is a guy I want on the field more.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2008, 10:04 PM
I find it funny that JJ just said he would not trade anyone on draft day today...so, he decides to deal them the day before. Sticking to his word. haha.

Byrd430
04-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Paul,

Can't believe I forgot about Burnett, even after seeing his name in this same thread... I blame it on the brain farts...

But I don't really like Carpenter, but then again, I don't think he's had enough time to develop to his full potential either. Wade's scheme requires a lot of linebackers too...

Burns336
04-25-2008, 11:38 PM
This gives Burnett a chance to excel, and if he does, the Cowboy will be able to resign him for cheap because no one else is going to want a 5th year LB who has never started before...

It also dumps Ayodele, who was eating up precious salary on an inflated contract. Fasano wasn't doing a whole lot behind Witten and had a reputation for dropping big balls on 3rd down and in the playoffs -- So who cares if hes gone.

This gives the boys 5 picks in the top 100 and moved them up 26 spots from the draft pick they lost for Pacman.

good trade for both IMO.

Crickett
04-26-2008, 12:55 AM
2. Why would Parcells give Payton a "thumbs up" on Fasano instead of trading for Fasano himself?

1. I could see the Garrett's offense argument, but Fasano is under a second round rookie contract, not that much money by NFL standards.
2. If Parcells isn't willing to give up a mid round pick for someone he likes who has only been in the league two years, I would think his thumbs up would be worth less than a hill of beans in some sort of crazy world.

In retrospect, I probably should have seen this coming.

LonghornsLegend
04-26-2008, 01:01 AM
LOL wow, I forgot all about that conversation...I have to give it to BBD he called this last week.

i just thought of something.

if the Saints want a TE so badly, why not trade a 3rd or 4th to Dallas for Fasano?

:D good stuff BBD, not like it was the Saints, but I remember you saying something about trading him for a 4th.

bigbluedefense
04-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Thats highway robbery. Miami straight up STOLE him. Watch how baller he is in Miami, he is a good TE who never got a chance behind a top 3 TE in Witten.

This reaffirms my questioning of the Saints and why they didn't try to get Fasano. Fasano went for a 4th. Shoot, Im upset the Giants didn't trade Shockey and in turn trade for Fasano. This was robbery.

bigbluedefense
04-26-2008, 09:52 AM
LOL wow, I forgot all about that conversation...I have to give it to BBD he called this last week.

:D good stuff BBD, not like it was the Saints, but I remember you saying something about trading him for a 4th.

:)

Shame Fasano didn't get a chance in Dallas. I really liked the guy. But i guess you can't complain when you have Witten.

M.O.T.H.
04-26-2008, 10:00 AM
His value certaintly took a bit of a hit with that reconstructive shoulder surgery. Still, he may end up being a steal for them.

YAYareaRB
04-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Tony Curtis >>>>> Anthony Fasano

Babylon
04-26-2008, 11:38 AM

If the Patriots can steal Carpenter for a mid round pick i think they'll do it.

BamaFalcon59
04-26-2008, 11:55 AM
I think Parcells said Fasano is more fullback than tight end. I expect him to be used in a h-back type roll with the Dolphins.