PDA

View Full Version : The 3rd highest paid OT in the league just became....

Bobo
04-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Michael Roos. How many can tell me who he plays for w/o having to look it up? lol

BamaFalcon59
04-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Tennessee.

Bengalsrocket
04-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Michael Roos. How many can tell me who he plays for w/o having to look it up? lol

I could only because of Madden - interestingly enough good offensive tackles can go under the radar though.

Vikes99ej
04-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Nevermind: he's from Eastern Washington. Damnit.

P-L
04-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Roos is one of the more underrated Tackles in the league in my opinion.

zoinks
04-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Eastern Washington, IIRC.

CC.SD
04-25-2008, 09:18 PM
The Marcus McNeill deal is not going to be pretty.

Bobo
04-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Actually, maybe he's 4th highest paid....isn't Long's deal making him the highest paid? I guess it could come down to how you interpret the contracts.

But yeah he is a very good OT. Well very good at protecting the passer, I wish he was a more dominant run blocker. Either way, I'm happy he's staying a Titan for 6 more years.

A Perfect Score
04-25-2008, 09:28 PM
hes a very very good T who flies under the radar alot...thats a good signing for the titans.

Byrd430
04-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Yes, Roos is a really good OT. But I wonder if the Titans couldn't have got him for a lot cheaper price. Sometimes, it's not what they're worth, but what you can sign them for.

Personally, I think they should've saved some money.

TitanHope
04-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Alas, the Estonian Sensation gets his due!

Since Roos has started at the LT position ('06 and '07 seasons), along with David Stewart starting at RT, we've been the #5 rushing offense in consecutive seasons. He's an under-rated run-blocker, and one of the best pass-blockers in the NFL; shutting down pass-rushers like Freeney, John Abraham, and others - he absolutely mauled Abraham. The only time I've seen Roos struggle with a pass-rusher was against Shawne Merriman, but thats nothing to be ashamed of.

Michael Roos is going into his 4th year in the NFL, and 3rd season at LT. Him and David Stewart have turned into damn good players, so they both should be rewarded. Roos is definitely worth this contract, especially with the salary inflation as of late. Plus, when Jake Long becomes the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL before the actual Draft takes place, then paying a proven LT like Roos who's emerging from the 2nd tier to the 1st tier of NFL OT's is a bargain.

$7.2 million/year plus $15 mil. guaranteed is only $1.2 million/year more than what the Rams gave Jacob Bell...

Next is Haynesworth and Stewart. These guys are why Jacob Bell, Antwan Odom, and Travis LaBoy were let go.

Flyboy
04-25-2008, 10:53 PM

If we keep Brown, that's going to be even worse. =/

PackerLegend
04-25-2008, 11:08 PM
I knew he played for the Titans because I remember a bunch of Titan fans keep saying he is underated...amazing....awesome.... something like that.

kmartin575
04-26-2008, 02:23 AM

Neither is the Shawne Merriman or Philip Rivers. I think both will command upwards of $35 million guaranteed a piece.

Mr. Stiller
04-26-2008, 02:54 AM
Roos is one of the more underrated Tackles in the league in my opinion.

Agreed. The LT of one of the top 3 best OL in the league is a guy that deserves some respect.

Mr. Stiller
04-26-2008, 02:55 AM
Alas, the Estonian Sensation gets his due!

Since Roos has started at the LT position ('06 and '07 seasons), along with David Stewart starting at RT, we've been the #5 rushing offense in consecutive seasons. He's an under-rated run-blocker, and one of the best pass-blockers in the NFL; shutting down pass-rushers like Freeney, John Abraham, and others - he absolutely mauled Abraham. The only time I've seen Roos struggle with a pass-rusher was against Shawne Merriman, but thats nothing to be ashamed of.

Michael Roos is going into his 4th year in the NFL, and 3rd season at LT. Him and David Stewart have turned into damn good players, so they both should be rewarded. Roos is definitely worth this contract, especially with the salary inflation as of late. Plus, when Jake Long becomes the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL before the actual Draft takes place, then paying a proven LT like Roos who's emerging from the 2nd tier to the 1st tier of NFL OT's is a bargain.

$7.2 million/year plus $15 mil. guaranteed is only $1.2 million/year more than what the Rams gave Jacob Bell...

Next is Haynesworth and Stewart. These guys are why Jacob Bell, Antwan Odom, and Travis LaBoy were let go.

You guys got a hell of a deal...

Give you a 3rd... ;)

BlindSite
04-26-2008, 03:22 AM
Neither is the Shawne Merriman or Philip Rivers. I think both will command upwards of $35 million guaranteed a piece.

I think one of the three is a lock to walk to be honest.

Sniper
04-26-2008, 08:49 AM
He's one of my favorite OTs ever since Madden 07 on the Wii when he averaged like 15 pancakes a game for me.

PACKmanN
04-26-2008, 09:34 AM
what a steal for Tennessee. Great signing.

Bills2083
04-26-2008, 09:41 AM
I think he's on Tennessee.
I know this because I traded for him on Madden. lol

I dont think he's a top-3 player, but I know he's good.