PDA

View Full Version : Where is Sean Salisbury hiding?

LonghornsLegend
04-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Did ESPN fire him? Just noticed I haven't seen him around lately, and this past season he was the main guy talking about the NFL.

jefepowhnzer
04-25-2008, 10:59 PM
I believe he was fired a couple months ago..

EDIT: His contract wasn't renewed

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/02/so-much-for-amicable-parting-salisbury.html

vidae
04-25-2008, 11:00 PM
I remember hearing he was fired. He wasn't very professional when he was on tv but I liked him.

skinzzfan25
04-25-2008, 11:04 PM
He's a chump.

Never manned up to his words. I'm still waiting for him to walk from Bristol to DC wearing a Hogs outfit.

bored of education
04-25-2008, 11:04 PM
He was getting fat and had a mental break down.

LonghornsLegend
04-25-2008, 11:05 PM
He was getting fat and had a mental break down.

Fat he was getting, and his last few months he looked like a fat lazy bum who never shaved...I wasn't sure if him not shaving was due to the writers strike, or him being lazy and depressed.

Geo
04-25-2008, 11:06 PM
I read somewhere that he wanted out of ESPN. LOL, whatever.

Thank goodness we won't have to hear him and his over-the-top fickle nonsense again!

brat316
04-25-2008, 11:11 PM
I would rather have Salisbury than Meril Hodge that guy is straight up dumb. Put Keyshawn in place of Meril. You got to have that token black guy, thats crazy, after they fired Michel Irvin. That cb is there but hes not going of on crazy rants.

Come to think of it did they ever place Michael Irvin and Meril Hodge on tv together. Think of the possibilities.....

PalmerToCJ
04-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Taking pictures of himself in the bathroom to show all the ladies.

Actually, I read something where he complained about his contract and how former players would get paid way more simply for their name while not being very good... Apparently he missed the fact that he's not any good himself.

EDIT: I liked Irvin, he was entertaining without being too annoying to me. Hodge/Salisbury are terrible.

Geo
04-25-2008, 11:24 PM
You got to have that token black guy, thats crazy
http://bowl.o-d.com/media/images/content/cris_carter_med.jpg

The new addition to Bristol.

brat316
04-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Hopefully Cris Carter will fill that crazy void in my espn. He better live up to it or else...

LonghornsLegend
04-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Irvin wasn't half as bad as people made it seem, but its ok because his radio show is awesome, and makes up for it...

But as long as Emmitt was replaced, ESPN was going to find a way to get better...Hodge has got to be the next to go, hurts me head to listen to him and I feel like I'm getting dumber...Salisbury at least knew his stuff.

brat316
04-25-2008, 11:36 PM
I loved Emmitt and Steve Young,

Steve Young: gives a 300 word detailed response. makes sense

Emmit Smith: says two words make no sense

Young: Looks at Emmitt like he is an idiot

eaglesfan_45
04-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Young: Looks at Emmitt like he is an idiot

He is... (10)

drmoyer421
04-25-2008, 11:41 PM
suposedly he wanted out... and made some rediculous contract demands money wise.. like millions.

They didnt accept, and both moved on.

steelernation77
04-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Irvin wasn't half as bad as people made it seem, but its ok because his radio show is awesome, and makes up for it...

But as long as Emmitt was replaced, ESPN was going to find a way to get better...Hodge has got to be the next to go, hurts me head to listen to him and I feel like I'm getting dumber...Salisbury at least knew his stuff.

Salisbury didn't know jack $#%^

TitanHope
04-25-2008, 11:46 PM
I never liked Salisbury. His pompous, wanna-be macho talk became taxing very quickly, and he never added anything insightful to the conversation. Didn't he get in arguments with John Clayton when they'd do the split-screen, debate segment on SportsCenter? I always thought he acted like a jackass during those segments - no one talks to John Clayton like that. You gats a prablem wit John Clayton, yous can meet me in da back alley...

Mark Schlereth is by far my favorite analyst on ESPN. Him along with Trey Wingo is fine with me, and I prefer them to alter out that 3rd slot every other week or so. Of course, John Clayton and Jaws always have something to say that adds to the discussion.

Merril Hoge is despised by all Titans fans. One can tell concussions ended his career.

Marcellous Wiley has about worn out his welcome in my book. He's not terrible or anything, but he just appeared out of nowhere with this odd swagger about him. Suspicioussssss!!!

BlindSite
04-26-2008, 01:11 AM
I read somewhere that he wanted out of ESPN. LOL, whatever.

Thank goodness we won't have to hear him and his over-the-top fickle nonsense again!

He wanted out because he was sick of being one of the better analysts and never getting to do any "real" journalism because there were a bunch of former players taking part in shows.

As a journalist (6 months out) I can understand it. It happens all the time, you get former sports stars who can barely string sentences together getting positions on camera and writing columns over people who're academically more qualified. I wouldn't act like a bum and stop looking after myself.

steelernation77
04-26-2008, 01:20 AM
He wanted out because he was sick of being one of the better analysts and never getting to do any "real" journalism because there were a bunch of former players taking part in shows.

As a journalist (6 months out) I can understand it. It happens all the time, you get former sports stars who can barely string sentences together getting positions on camera and writing columns over people who're academically more qualified. I wouldn't act like a bum and stop looking after myself.

sarcasm....?

sweetness34
04-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Sean sent a little present to the ladies at ESPN, plus he wanted more money.

RaiderNation
04-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Next to epsn.......http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/players/09/20/sapp0927/p1_sapp.jpg

JagHombre22
04-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Next to epsn.......http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/players/09/20/sapp0927/p1_sapp.jpg

good god...I hope not...

Mr. Stiller
04-26-2008, 02:53 AM
I figure Sean Salisbury is WAY too busy hosting a website where girls can pay $10 a month to see him dance around his house half-naked.

Of Course he'll probably be declaring bankruptcy soon.

tylerb929
04-26-2008, 09:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7XtBv94pE

Salisbury was an idiot. Never knew what he was talking about, had very biased opinions. He should have known better than to argue with John Clayton, who actually contributes something to ESPN. Seems like John Clayton is to ESPN what Adam Schefter is to the NFLN, he always breaks the scoop on new deals.

BaLLiN
04-26-2008, 09:12 AM
http://www.sealclubbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/show-and-tell.jpg

bye bye sean.....

BigDawg819
04-26-2008, 09:20 AM
He's preparing for a comeback!

Young Nasty Man
04-26-2008, 10:03 AM
salisbury is a second rate fool....always has some crap to talk about the jets...i hate him...

niel89
04-27-2008, 11:20 PM
i saw him at the draft. he looked like a slob....

dhoe20
04-27-2008, 11:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7XtBv94pE

Salisbury was an idiot. Never knew what he was talking about, had very biased opinions. He should have known better than to argue with John Clayton, who actually contributes something to ESPN. Seems like John Clayton is to ESPN what Adam Schefter is to the NFLN, he always breaks the scoop on new deals.

No don't even compare the two. No...No...Hell no. The aborted fetus never has anything good to say. I hated Sean but he was actually one of the better analysts on ESPN. I rarely watched sportscenter but Clayton v Sean was hilarious. John Clayton always looked so uncomfortable when Sean would just talk trash on him.

But damn don't ever compare Schefter to Clayton. Schefter does a damn good job, but Clayon...sucks balls.

BaLLiN
04-28-2008, 12:01 AM
hahahaha crip keeper, i love the hand motions at the end.

dhoe20
04-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Haha, wow. I always knew they hated eachother but I didn't watch SC enough to see this fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxgJoLqc7m0
Terrible quality but still hilarious.

LonghornsLegend
04-28-2008, 01:39 AM
Haha, wow. I always knew they hated eachother but I didn't watch SC enough to see this fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxgJoLqc7m0
Terrible quality but still hilarious.

LOl that was a good one, Sean was killing Clayton like no other and didn't look friendly at all lol.

Flyboy
04-28-2008, 01:44 AM
LOl that was a good one, Sean was killing Clayton like no other and didn't look friendly at all lol.

LOL @ the Jax QB question. Ouch.

MetSox17
04-28-2008, 02:05 AM
Sean Salisbury was such a douchebag. I'm glad he's gone, for about a year, i would always tell my buddy how i hated him and wanted him off ESPN. He always acted like he had the biggest ____ in the room and he needed everyone's respect. I laughed my ass off one time when Salisbury was talking smack to Clayton on how he never saw the field till Clayton said "Neither did you!".
Haha, I'm glad he's gone. He's an idiot. If he wanted to be paid like a star he shoulda been one on the field. His work was sub-par anyway. I'd much rather hear Chris Carter or Michael Irvin. Heck, i'd get a kick out of Emmitt Smith more, just listening him struggle with the english language.