PDA

View Full Version : Jets' 2008 Draft

Geo
04-26-2008, 08:47 AM
The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the New York Jets in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.

TimD
04-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Man I can't wait. I'm so torn between McFadden, Ryan, Gholston, and a possible trade. Haha should be exciting.

tishdog
04-26-2008, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't be to happy with Scotts mock. I mean it would be great getting Long and Sweed but I do not want the Pats to get their hands on Gholston.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg

The Excitement! I Can't Wait Another 2.5 Hours! I Couldn't Sleep! I Have A Problem!!!!!

throwback54milkman
04-26-2008, 11:57 AM
anyone else get the feeling that we are gonna get really screwed over in the 1st round?

GET LOOSE
04-26-2008, 12:01 PM
lol if we screw up all hell will break loose in my house....but man im excited exactly 2 hours left

GET LOOSE
04-26-2008, 12:02 PM
chris long has been reported 2 b the 2nd pick just now

AlexDown
04-26-2008, 01:23 PM
I think if Dorsey is there for KC, they will take him.

Possible Top 5

Long
Long
Ryan
McFadden
Dorsey

katnip
04-26-2008, 01:56 PM
looks like we'll get gholston now.

I hope we get brohm or flacco 2nd round, btw how is brohm arm strength to ryan's?

I juss don't think clemens is a long term solution

thetedginnshow
04-26-2008, 02:01 PM
I would cry if we got Brohm or Flacco. But damn. If we don't get Gholston I'll be very sad. Unless Chris Long is our guy.

derza222
04-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I think if Dorsey is there for KC, they will take him.

Possible Top 5

Long
Long
Ryan
McFadden
Dorsey

I agree, at this point based on all of the talk I'd imagine that's how the top 5 will turn out leaving us with Gholston. That said, if Atlanta takes Dorsey that throws that projection out the window.

josh07039
04-26-2008, 02:19 PM
I was really hoping that somehow long would fall to us, but i guess it was not meant to be.

katnip
04-26-2008, 02:28 PM
now it looks like gholston's a jet 99.9%. unless...

we shock every1. get mendenhall and groves 2nd round

GET LOOSE
04-26-2008, 02:36 PM
yea gholston is in da bag....im so happy

katnip
04-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Holy scooby doo snacks

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

thetedginnshow
04-26-2008, 02:47 PM
The Jets Have Won The Super Bowl

katnip
04-26-2008, 02:49 PM
calvin pace and vernon gholston

barring injury. which you can say for pretty much every1

Murderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

GET LOOSE
04-26-2008, 02:53 PM
gholston will win deffensive rookie of the year with lik 8-10 sacks

josh07039
04-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Dustin Keller is an interesting pick. I love his receiving ability and athleticism but he is not a very good blocker. I guess that's where Bubba Franks comes in.

GET LOOSE
04-26-2008, 05:35 PM
i like the pick....it gives us another weapon and thats what kellen clemens needs 2 progress. Nice pick

gio
04-26-2008, 08:10 PM
how the f*ck do the jets justify trading UP to get a TE that wasn't even a blip on the radar!!! jesus christ, this is what all the hype was about for the last 4 months?!?! who cares if he can catch, that is why you draft a WIDE RECEIVER! every WR in the draft was available and you draft a NOBODY!! idk if anyone else is as upset as me, but come on. you really needed to trade up 6 spots for this guy? he would have been there in the 3rd or 4th round, and for some reason he wasn't, WHO CARES!! thank god for gholston, and i was holding my breath when they wasted the whole 10 minutes to pick him...i have come to the conclusion that i absolutely live in BIZZARO WORLD!! if they really couldn't decide who to pick, then take brohm- do you really think clemens is the answer folks? i would be shocked, absolutely in awe, if we go to the super bowl soon with chad or clemens.

AlexDown
04-26-2008, 09:03 PM
how the f*ck do the jets justify trading UP to get a TE that wasn't even a blip on the radar!!! jesus christ, this is what all the hype was about for the last 4 months?!?! who cares if he can catch, that is why you draft a WIDE RECEIVER! every WR in the draft was available and you draft a NOBODY!! idk if anyone else is as upset as me, but come on. you really needed to trade up 6 spots for this guy? he would have been there in the 3rd or 4th round, and for some reason he wasn't, WHO CARES!! thank god for gholston, and i was holding my breath when they wasted the whole 10 minutes to pick him...i have come to the conclusion that i absolutely live in BIZZARO WORLD!! if they really couldn't decide who to pick, then take brohm- do you really think clemens is the answer folks? i would be shocked, absolutely in awe, if we go to the super bowl soon with chad or clemens.

The trade up really only cost us a 4th. I like the pick.

BroadwayJoe10
04-26-2008, 09:11 PM

Did you happen to notice that all of the WRs fell to the second round and how jordy nelson got drafted above most of them?? Could it be because maybe they aren't that good and people on this site just hyped them up?? The jets FO worked out hardy, sweed etc. there's a legit reason why they chose keller and gave up a 4th to get him. He's a great athlete who'll create mismatches and has good hands. I didn't see him play all that much, but i have faith in our FO's top end talent evaluation. If he turns out to be the next chris cooley or dallas clarke, we'll be calling mangini and tanny geniuses for a long time.

derza222
04-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Did you happen to notice that all of the WRs fell to the second round and how jordy nelson got drafted above most of them?? Could it be because maybe they aren't that good and people on this site just hyped them up?? The jets FO worked out hardy, sweed etc. there's a legit reason why they chose keller and gave up a 4th to get him. He's a great athlete who'll create mismatches and has good hands. I didn't see him play all that much, but i have faith in our FO's top end talent evaluation. If he turns out to be the next chris cooley or dallas clarke, we'll be calling mangini and tanny geniuses for a long time.

Completely agreed here.

Does anyone here really feel they know more than our front office? We've hit on picks before and clearly we did not like any of the wideouts in this year's draft. This pick helps fill a few needs.

Although Keller isn't a 6'5 tight end he's 6'2 and has a 38" vertical to go with a 240 lb frame. I'm pretty sure he'll be a better red zone option than what we've had before. Beyond that he's a terrific athlete, great after the catch, and versatile. We can move him around the field and try to create a mismatch. He also will help open up things on the outside by working the middle of the field.

As said clearly after working everyone out they felt that there were no wideouts that they wanted in this draft, and Keller fits just about everything we wanted from a wideout anyways while providing a guy to take over for Chris Baker whose complaints about his contract are clearly going to be ignored.

If there's one thing to complain about with this pick it's moving up and giving up a fourth to get him. That said we clearly felt strongly about Keller, and this also allows us to sign him for another year. If you like a guy that much and you're not sure he's going to be around (maybe the Giants take him and then flip Shockey over to the Saints) a fourth is not a high price to pay. They obviously will take a lot of crap if it's not a good pick, but right now I see no reason to doubt the decision.

Young Nasty Man
04-26-2008, 09:46 PM
I strongly see them moving Dustin Keller all over the field and I can see him being a great slot reciever and I can really see him making a difference on the field. While most may have preferred a reciever type like Devin Thomas or James Hardy, I really think the "reach" we made will pay off. He is going to be a solid reciever for us and someone stated above how he has a great YAC. That is a huge statistic for the Jets because it shows that he can make a difference with his speed and strength. Also, the biggest thing IMO is the fact that he is more NFL ready then any of the wide recievers in this draft and I think he is going to make an immediate impact.

As for the #6 pick, we didn't get McFadden. But, I really don't care because there is so much potential upside with Gholston. The guy is just a freak. Everyone talks about how he may be too big and can't move and yada yada ya, but you know what the guy is still learning the game. I really think that Mangini is going to work with this kid and slowly incorporate him into situational pass rushing and I think he will make a difference. He may not have a "non-stop" motor but you know what he is going to play differently in the NFL. Also, I believe that Mangini knows who he is drafting and I think he is going to put tons of time into this kid to develope him into a guy that is like Merriman and if not, even better. The sky is the limit with this kid. I really think that he can show the world that he is an NFL player and a heck of one at that. He may not come in ready to be a force and may be a bit of a project but this guy may wind up being a sack leader in a year or two. I am so far very pleased with this draft.

As for what to expect. I won't be surprised is Beau Bell makes his way to the gang green or a guy like Justin King if they fall. I think we are going to address ILB and CB later in the draft. Either way, I think this 4th rounder can be a potential steal if guys like DeSean Jackson dropped into the second then in my eyes, the sky is the limit. Im truly excited to see what happens day 2. Also, I wont be shocked if we make another deal to get into the 3rd because there is still a lot of solid talent out there. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

gio
04-26-2008, 09:52 PM
if your arguement is that it was a weak WR draft class, than the jets could have filled other needs besides trading up for a TE..so what if the giants would have picked him. we could have taken flowers to play opposite revis and at least have a potentially awesome defense..instead we moved up for bubba franks' backup..im just having flashbacks right now with the doug jolly trade a couple years back..IMO if its not a guy like shockey or winslow, then you can get a TE later on. i hope mangini makes me eat my words. i hope im flat out wrong, trust me..but you gotta understand that there alot of frustrated jets fans out there who see the same sh*t year after year after year and it makes you scratch your head..did you see all of the jets fans after they said this guys name? people were literally speechless, including me.

Crickett
04-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Although Keller isn't a 6'5 tight end he's 6'2 and has a 38" vertical to go with a 240 lb frame. I'm pretty sure he'll be a better red zone option than what we've had before. Beyond that he's a terrific athlete, great after the catch, and versatile. We can move him around the field and try to create a mismatch. He also will help open up things on the outside by working the middle of the field.

As said clearly after working everyone out they felt that there were no wideouts that they wanted in this draft, and Keller fits just about everything we wanted from a wideout anyways while providing a guy to take over for Chris Baker whose complaints about his contract are clearly going to be ignored.

But he's undersized as a TE, probably more of a tweener between a WR and TE, not a good blocker and quite frankly, the Jets added Bubba Franks this offseason. Generally speaking, being a TE not named Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez, he's not going to get the reps in the passing game that a WR would, and he's not someone I would be confident depending on for blocking.

Scorch
04-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Under the new management, I have full trust in them after they picked up guys like D'Brick, Mangold, Revis, Harris, and Washington in the last two drafts. There's a reason why no wide receivers went in the first round. It's because this year it was a very weak wideout class. Not only did the Jets FO seem to think that, but all 31 other teams did too.

GET LOOSE
04-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Im pretty happy with day 1....now wut im really hopeing for is for the jets to try and get into the 3rd round so we can pick up charles godfrey who i think would be an amazing pick that late 2 play opposite of revis

derza222
04-26-2008, 11:03 PM
But he's undersized as a TE, probably more of a tweener between a WR and TE, not a good blocker and quite frankly, the Jets added Bubba Franks this offseason. Generally speaking, being a TE not named Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez, he's not going to get the reps in the passing game that a WR would, and he's not someone I would be confident depending on for blocking.

The thing is, I think a tight end like Keller offers more than a wideout like a Sweed or a Thomas would have because of his versatility. He's tremendous after the catch as has been said and he should be solid in the red zone with his height and leaping ability.

People are complaining about this because they wanted a wideout, but is there really that large of a difference between a 6'2 and raw Devin Thomas or a 6'5 Limas Sweed with a bad wrist and slightly less leaping ability? James Hardy with slight off the field issues, a lazy demeanor on the field, and trouble with more high quality corners? I just don't see it.

Like I said the trade up is the only think I could see having a problem with, and clearly they like this guy a lot and know more about him than we do so I don't think I really am in a position to question them, especially when we've been solid on first rounders lately. Maybe that trend will come to an end thus far, but I don't see any reason to question it yet.

Keller offers a nice skill set for our offense, is a good person, is fast, strong, and productive. He may not have ideal size but he's versatile, and he may not be the best blocker but he knows that and as he's a hard worker he seems willing to work on it. I saw an interview where he acknowledged that he's not a good blocker and wants to work on it with his coaches once he gets into the league. Part of that problem was probably the scheme, but it's not like it won't improve. I like what he could potentially bring to this team, I'm not going crazy over this pick but I don't see any reason for a strong negative reaction. Skepticism perhaps, but I'm still confident in our front office as we've made some solid picks and were better last year than the first.

As for your point about this guy backing up Bubba Franks, I'm not completely sold. If anything I think we run a lot of two tight end sets and they're both used a decent amount. I'd like to hope this isn't a knee jerk reaction to Chris Baker, but at least his mouth is going to be gone and these two guys can compliment each other. Most of all, if Baker's going to be running his mouth we would have needed to bring in another tight end later in the draft anyways. If Keller provides what we needed from a wideout to bring to this offense and is an adequate replacement for Baker as well as being willing to work I could definitely see this being a solid pick, and I think that's reasonable to expect. He's a tweener as you said but I think we can find a way around it and because I trust the FO and this seems logical on some levels I expect Keller to end up being a very solid Jet and a great addition to this offense.

Young Nasty Man
04-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Honestly, I dont think this guy was brought into block. Derza said it great before so im nto going to quote him or anything because I am with him. I wasn't happy wtih the move at first but all-in-all, we made the right move. Devin Thomas slipped to the Redskins because the kid is raw, I think his stock got so high only in the last 2 weeks. And yes the teams that got those players probably got great value, but all the recievers have some glaring weekness. And you can say that Keller can't block and he is too small, but maybe thats what we need. This is a guy you can put in at an H-Back position if you want to run with one. You can put him at slot and he can move down the field like Dallas Clark to catch the ball. Look, I know he was traded up for and we could have gotten Hardy at our second pick, but this kid seems like a leader and a worker. Most of all the kid is ****** strong. I think he can play and while this may seem like a stupid pick, I think we shouldn't count our chickens before our eggs hatch because I think we got good value. Maybe a bit of a reach, but it was worth in my eyes. Getting a solid guy who can give us a big target to throw to. Yea, maybe not as big as a Limas Sweed or a Hardy or maybe a Marcus Monk, but a guy who is more physical and stronger then him. Definately love the move. Plus, look at the category of YAC. If someone leads it in the draft, you gotta be thinking what the hell. And he doesn't play in the Big East or Sun Belt conference. He plays in the Big Ten with some legit teams.

Let me leave you with this note. The last 2 years the Jets moved up for 2 players: David Harris and Dustin Keller. Call me optomistic, but if keller is has half the talent David Harris has at LB, I think we will be ok.

thetedginnshow
04-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Either we're grabbing a WR second day or they have some faith in Stuckey. However, I wouldn't have minded Jerome Simpson in the second, considering his great character and impressive numbers. But with Keller we have someone that adds versatility, being able to play inside or out on the wing, not to mention a guy that has had solid production throughout his career. And, maybe most important of all, he epitomizes class. Neither Baker nor Franks are playmakers, so getting a guy like Keller could be a hell of a steal. A TE is a young QB's best friend, so it'll be nice to see a reliable target being brought in for Clemens to grow with. People campaigning for the Jets having taken a WR early... well, it doesn't really seem like there were any prospects they'd want beyond Simpson (who would have undoubtedly been an even bigger question mark, however). Sweed, IMO, is overrated, and he has injury issues. Same goes for Kelly, who may also have character issues (of course, I love him, and if he could stay healthy, could be a beast). Thomas isn't what we need at all and no one else was really all that worthy. Hardy, also, has the character issues, so in all honesty, it'd be hard seeing any of those guys going to us. In any case, Keller is a guy I'm excited about, and even more so now that I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O5zlZziMfQ

GET LOOSE
04-27-2008, 01:48 AM
[QUOTE=Let me leave you with this note. The last 2 years the Jets moved up for 2 players: David Harris and Dustin Keller. Call me optomistic, but if keller is has half the talent David Harris has at LB, I think we will be ok.[/QUOTE]

yea i agree but you are also forgetting we moved up for darrell revis and which was a gr8 move as well. I am happy with the pick and hope we mayb make some noise in day 2

thetedginnshow
04-27-2008, 03:09 AM
Alright, here are the guys I think we'll be looking out for today:

QB:
1. Andre Woodson - If he slips to say... the 5th round, maybe even the 4th, I could very easily see this pick. I like Clemens probably more than the average Jets fan, and probably even hate Woodson more than the average football fan, but realistically, he wouldn't be a bad pick at that point and I see no reason for them not to go for it then. Mechanics can be corrected but he has all the other intangibles, and honestly, with the faith I have in our coaching staff, I think if we were to get him it could be some kind of good.
2. Erik Ainge
3. Anthony Morelli

RB:
1. Jamaal Charles - Playmaker. That is all.
2. Tashard Choice
3. BenJarvus Green-Ellis

FB:
1. Owen Schmitt - High character and just about everything good we'd want in a fullback. Probably won't happen with the signing of T-Rich, but if he's there in the 6th or so? I'd bet a decent amount of money that we'd take him.

WR:
1. Earl Bennett - I know, just the opposite of what we want, but it might not be the opposite of what they want. Of all the receivers, he has the best character by a considerably large margin and in terms of intelligence, he takes the care there by an even greater amount. He's a possession guy, but hey, Coles even with the contract isn't particularly young, and this guy's hands are superb. At the very least, he could be a solid third or fourth receiver.
2. William Franklin
3. Keenan Burton
4. Steve Johnson
5. Marcus Henry

OT:
1. Carl Nicks - If for some reason he slips to our 4th round pick, that'd be insane. I don't really see it, though. In any case, he would be a massive steal at any point, IMO. I'm sure our Cornhusker will be lobbying for him, so we'll see, but at the very worst, projecting the starting lineup, he could help with some depth and at best be our RG or RT.
2. Anthony Collins
3. Kirk Barton

OG:
1. Pedro Sosa - He played relatively close to us and... I don't know. He has potential, so maybe for the future.
2. Andrew Crummey

C:
1. Jeremy Zuttah - Rutgaaaaaaazzzzzzz.

DT/DE:
1. Dre Moore - I feel like all of the 3-4 teams that needed help on the line have bolstered their front, so I think we should too. I can really see him as a Manny Lawson type that can finally put it together in the pros (granted he got injured) and with his athleticism this could be a steal if we obtain him. In any case, I really expect at least two more defensive picks this draft from us.
2. Red Bryant
3. DeMario Pressley
4. Letroy Guion
5. Keilen Dykes
6. Ogemdi Nwagbuo

ILB:
1. Philip Wheeler - Oh my god can you say 'ideal'. Well, I've just loved him for years and him going to the Jets would just be almost comical. He is a flat out beast. He would give us a lot of versatility in terms of who we want to send in on a blitz and all that, and apparently does have the size to play the position. I doubt we move up for him, however, so this might not happen.
2. Jonathan Goff
3. Erin Henderson
4. Jolonn Dunbar
5. J Lehman

CB:
1. Charles Godfrey - There are actually only three CBs for the Jets I'd have wanted over him. If they could get him in the 4th, that'd be great as well. Might be a bit of a project, but it'd give us a bright future with him and Revis on the outside.
2. Chevis Jackson
3. Dwight Lowery

S:
1. Reggie Smith - Probably our ideal guy as a centerfield FS. I imagine he's going to go right at the top of the third, but who knows.
2. DaJuan Morgan - Nasty. That's all really.
3. Josh Barrett - I could see this to give Rhodes even more free roam, but IMO, he'd be the exact opposite of what we'd want.
4. Thomas Decoud - Same pretty much goes for him.
5. Craig Steltz - I just see him as a guy that Mangini & Co. fall in love with and he ends up being our ST ace or something. Might make for a decent starter though.
6. Pig Brown - We might have to put him on IR for this coming season, but hey, after that, we could have ourselves a franchise safety tandem because the dude is nasty.
7. Nehemiah Warrick - A personal favorite of mine, Warrick has absolutely everything to succeed. MSU is a horrible place to be coached so there's no question that in coming to the Jets he'd be fully utilized.
8. Jamie Silva - Same as Steltz.

That's about all I have. If the majority of the Jets' picks aren't guys from this list I'll be shocked and appalled.

hcbrad08
04-27-2008, 06:42 AM
im gonna be honest...I hated TRADING UP for Keller...I think his versatility argument holds little water. I dont want a 62 YAC guy (a te no less) who offers little to nothing in terms of a red zone threat. There are a lot of wr I want that werent taken I would love if they jets got back into the 3rd somehow. I guess I wouldnt have minded taking Keller if we hadnt given up one of our 4s and had just taken keller at 36. I just dont see anyone in between there taking him, but thats just me.

If he becomes dallas clark like everyone says I wont mind but even so I think we missed the mark a bit and reach for a TE whos a bit of combine hype.

I think moving forward with our 4 6 and 7 we should target

godfrey
moore
charles
and in general
big wrs
dev qb

gio
04-27-2008, 08:28 AM
The trade up really only cost us a 4th. I like the pick.

you could have taken care of a different need, like CB or WR..jets didnt need a TE that high.

Young Nasty Man
04-27-2008, 08:43 AM
I think the guys we gotta target in day two start with Phil Wheeler, John Goff, and Beau Bell. I just see tanginiables with all these guys and could see them all start at positions half way through the season. I really want an ILB becuase i think its a bigger needs then CB at this moment. BUT, I really see Chevis Jackson, Justin King, or Charles Godfrey. All these guys can certainly be great #2 corners. As for the recievers. I really dont see any of those guys coming to us after just getting keller because its less of a pressing need. Though, Earl Bennett would be a hell of a guy. Not necessarily the weapon the jets need. But he would be a killer slot man. I really love the idea of Dre Moore at 3-4 DE. He really fits the mold IMO. I strongly see that guy just killin people and could make a NASTY interior wtih Jenkins and Ellis. But if we are going to get a guy late, Kellen Dykes. I don't know I just seem him being a diamond in the rough and honestly see him being a freak 3-4 DE. But once again, what the hell do I know. As for the RBs, Im not really that suprised with where guys are, and I wont be surprised if Jamaal Charles is our guy or if tashard choice is. Tashard Choice has great vision and I can see him being a fantastic compliment to T.J.. Either way, I wouldn't cry if we didn't get an RB at this point. Now as for QB. Andre Woodson is still there and if he falls, I still don't see us getting him. I know Mangini loves competition but I jsut dont see a QB. They like what they have and as much as they say Chad is the starter, I think they are sold on Kellen. I really think that Kellen is the guy of the future and could really make a difference with the following: time in the pocket (the whole season we had injuries), recievers to throw to (coles and cotcherry were both hurt), and confidence (he will feel much more comfortable now that he has played already). I am always keeping my head up, but something about this tells me, we will be alright.

GET LOOSE
04-27-2008, 11:46 AM
well at this point the only 1 guy i see left is jack ikegwuonu who i kinda lik and if h get to us in the 5th i would like to pick him up

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-27-2008, 01:44 PM
In any case, Keller is a guy I'm excited about, and even more so now that I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O5zlZziMfQ

that is a kickass video. That should help sell Keller to anyone who isn't sure about him.

I am one to agree that when i first saw the pick i wasn't sold on it, i thought that a WR was a much greater need. Then as the WRs continued to drop, and the WR order unfolded it became more clear that there are factors that i was unaware of, because there isn't much other reason for it to go down like that.

Additionally, Keller's character is something that the Jets look for, and to get a solid pass catching TE can only help the team. Given his build, speed, etc. i fully expect him to be used in the slot and as a WR some of the time. He certainly wasn't drafted for blocking, so people are overplaying that factor right now.

As others have also stated, management has done a very good job lately in the draft and don't have any 'busts'...and when they trade up, things have seemed to work out for the best. Short time frame, i know, but up to this point i think i trust them. It doesn't seem to be the 'Jets of old drafting'.

So needless to say, i wasn't sold at first, but i am very happy with the draft thus far. I am not overly familiar with some of the later picks yet, but i certainly plan on reading up on them and getting further insight.

derza222
04-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Damn, surprised that we passed on Goff for Ainge at that point. Goff would've been a great value and filled a need, Ainge is a nice potential backup down the road but obviously we liked him a lot because we got the pick in very quickely. Hopefully Goff ends up available in round 6. That said, it'll be interesting to see what happens with the QB competition this offseason and whether Ainge is given a shot.

GET LOOSE
04-27-2008, 03:18 PM
im very surprised josh barrett has not been takin yet. I hope he drops to our last pick. Hes 6''1' 220 runs a 4.35 and his stats look pretty good

derza222
04-27-2008, 03:32 PM
After looking at that list thetedginnshow, each of the three guys we took so far were on your list. Serious props for that sir, I'd rep you but apparently I need to spread some more around. I'd guess we go line or LB with the final selection but who knows, maybe we just go for some special teams help or look somewhere completely different.

thetedginnshow
04-27-2008, 05:06 PM
After looking at that list thetedginnshow, each of the three guys we took so far were on your list. Serious props for that sir, I'd rep you but apparently I need to spread some more around. I'd guess we go line or LB with the final selection but who knows, maybe we just go for some special teams help or look somewhere completely different.

Haha. I got the last one wrong. I'm pretty surprised that they didn't take a Safety, but oh well. I guess the OT they took has some potential, so he might be a better choice than Barton who I assumed they'd go after. This guy was SEC 2nd team and had 18 pancakes against Miss. St. That's fairly ridiculous. I guess I'll blame my not putting him on my list because Scott didn't rank him at all. :D

derza222
04-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Haha. I got the last one wrong. I'm pretty surprised that they didn't take a Safety, but oh well. I guess the OT they took has some potential, so he might be a better choice than Barton who I assumed they'd go after. This guy was SEC 2nd team and had 18 pancakes against Miss. St. That's fairly ridiculous. I guess I'll blame my not putting him on my list because Scott didn't rank him at all. :D

Yeah I saw that stat somewhere, absolutely insane. I don't think he does, but wonder if Lowery gets a shot at FS, we'll see what happens come workouts. He's much better with the ball in front of him and obviously has tremendous ball skills along with great instincts. Wonder if he could be a centerfielder type. I'm not sure if we plan on running some zone or feel Lowery is better in man than people give him credit, but time will tell there. Henry is intriguing as well.

TimD
04-27-2008, 06:38 PM
I agree with every pick except for the last one. I feel like a 7th round d lineman could make a better impact than a 7th round o linemen. I know its only a 7th rounder but whatever.

oldLibid21
04-27-2008, 06:53 PM
I agree with every pick except for the last one. I feel like a 7th round d lineman could make a better impact than a 7th round o linemen. I know its only a 7th rounder but whatever.

It doesn't really matter much. There's always the undrafted free agents that you could sign, and I'm sure that the defensive linemen that you could of wanted would still be in the free agency pool. It wouldn't of hurt to have picked that player in the seventh round because at the end of the day, it's still just a seventh round draft pick.

ChefMike
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
I wasn't upset by what you guys did in the draft.. but I thought trading out of #6 was the move... I see Gholston as the next Mike Mamula !!!

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I wasn't upset by what you guys did in the draft.. but I thought trading out of #6 was the move... I see Gholston as the next Mike Mamula !!!

good thing you can't see the future. Someone needs to want the pick to move out, and either way, OLB was a need, y not take him?