PDA

View Full Version : My draft along with the Steelers draft

SmarterThanU
04-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Every year I do this thing where I draft along with the Steelers. I wait and see who they pick then I draft who I think they should of taken. I keep it and acouple years down the line I look at it and see how good or bad did I do.

RD1- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
With the Cowboys taking Felix Jones over Mendenhall. Who I had as a top 8-12 pick and never thought he'd make it past the Lions, I full heartedly agree. There was no DL or OL that stood out over Mendenhalls talent level. I would of said Balmer or Laws but Mendenhall is a game breaker and we saw what happens when the Steelers lose Willie Parker!

RD2- Shawn Crable OLB Michigan
Again, no OL or DL worth this pick. I like Sweed but felt pass rush was a bigger need. I like that the Steelers addressed this with Bruce Davis but I thought Crable was the perfect fit. Sweed doesn't knock my socks off as a star WR. I like the value of him and think he will be a good player. I just think Crable is a pro bowler and Sweed is a nice starting WR. IMHO

RD3- Marcus Harrison DL Arkansas
Again, don't get me wrong I like Bruce Davis but since I already drafted Crable I go DL. I was hoping Jeremy Zuttah was going to be there but of course he got taken right ahead of us. But Harrison is a very gifted athlete that takes up blockers and pushes the pocket. Also, he moves well side to side.

RD4- Tony Hills OT Texas
I like the trade and I like the pick. Texas OL men have always transitioned well into the NFL and Hills has nimble feet good enough to be a possible future LT.

RD5- Nick Hayden DL Wisconsin
Our DL is old! All over 30 for starters and out top back-up is over 30! I really felt we needed to walk away younger on the DL this draft. I think Hayden is a Steeler type lunch box player that would of given 100% every play.

RD6a- Josh Barrett FS Arizona St.
I am sure I am missing something but a guy his size with his speed and his production should not still be on the board in the 6th!

RD6b- Marcus Monk WR Arkansas
Again, I am sure I missed something but a guy that is 6-4 215lbs with a 4.3 forty that put up nice number in a running offense with two first round pick RB's and having no one to throw him the ball and his falls this far. He is smart, valedictorian of his High School. I don't know but I just think he's a steal anywhere after round 4.