PDA

View Full Version : One thing to think about.....

LookItsAlDavis
04-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Alright I was just thinkin of somethin.....The season the Colts drafted Peyton Manning, they still managed to go on and suck it up...but in the next years draft they took Edgerrin James, someone who Scott compared McFadden to. The next year, they flipped their record from 3-13 to 13-3, biggest turn-around in history. I wonder if this could happen again with our Raiders. It's reasonable, because of a couple of reasons. 1. Our offense, pending on how Russell has progressed, should be explosive. 2. Despite our defense not being able to stop the run, it should not be a huge concern, because if our offense can consistantly score big (like the Colts) teams would tend to start airing it out more, which would be to the strength of our defense, pass coverage. I'm feeling pretty good about next year.

D4rk 0ne
04-27-2008, 10:02 PM
When did Scott compare DMAC to Edge?

As optimistic as I'd like to be, I don't foresee such a huge turnaround... The biggest issue is that the Colts were way more solid in the trenches than we are. That and they ran a different system and their players were used to the way they were coached because they didn't go through a new HC (not to mention assistants) every year.

They addressed needs and targeted players. We took good talent, but we left several gaping holes. So no, I don't think we're likely to have a huge turnaround. That said the offseason is not over and I do believe we have a solid team. I think we'll improve and hopefully if we end up at around .500 Al will keep our current staff around so that our young guys' developments aren't messed up.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Havent seen you in a while.

We also have an easier schedule next year.That should help quite a bit.

LookItsAlDavis
04-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah it should....I'm not saying we're gonna go 12-4, either, but just about anything seems possible in the NFL these days. How many people expected the Saints or the Chargers to rebound the way they did? I'm just going by trends.

RaiderNation
04-28-2008, 06:44 PM
I think the highest we can possibly go is 9-7. i think we got 7-9 this season

04-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Reasonably we'll be somewhere in the 6-8 win range. As a young team we must learn how to pull out those close games and finish teams off something we did fairly inconsistently last season.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-28-2008, 08:45 PM
If Terdell plays well this year we could easily get 10 games this season.Teams wont be able to run or pass on us.We also have a good running game.

The more I think of it the more I like our young trio of players on offense.Russell,Miller,and McFadden.

RaiderNation
04-28-2008, 10:37 PM
If Terdell plays well this year we could easily get 10 games this season.Teams wont be able to run or pass on us.We also have a good running game.

The more I think of it the more I like our young trio of players on offense.Russell,Miller,and McFadden.

Ya and i think in the next 2 years we should draft a elite WR in the 1st round to complete a good 4 some of young players. Not to mention mayb a LT and DE too

Stash
04-28-2008, 11:49 PM
A lot of the upcoming seasons success will depend on how well JR plays. I'm hoping we win between 6-9 games. If JR struggles it'll be closer to 6 but if he plays well it'll be closer to 9.