PDA

View Full Version : Lito Sheppard to the Jags?

BigJohn98
04-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Apparently it could happen soon.

JAGS ENTER LITO SHUFFLE
Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2008, 4:56 p.m.
Even though the draft is over, the Jacksonville Jaguars are continuing to try to swing deals that will make their team better in 2008.

The next addition could be Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard, who is squarely on the trading block but who was not traded over the weekend.

Per the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Jags and Eags are discussing a deal that would send a “package” of 2009 draft picks to Philly for Sheppard.

Such a move would add firepower to a 2009 draft board that already includes two first-round picks. And it would give the Eagles ammo in the event that they make a run later in the offseason at one of the established veteran receivers they are widely believed to be coveting.

For the Jaguars, it would give them another weapon in the ongoing quest to wrest the AFC South title from the Indianapolis Colts, and at the same time establish even more separation from the Titans, whose relative inactivity during the 2008 offseason might plunge them into a battle with the improving Texans for the basement of what might be the best division in the league.

JagHombre22
04-28-2008, 05:34 PM
this would mean Brian Williams is moving to safety....hopefully it's nothing more than a 3rd and 5th...

yourfavestoner
04-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Meh...I only like it if the price is right.

Scotty D
04-28-2008, 05:36 PM
this would mean Brian Williams is moving to safety....hopefully it's nothing more than a 3rd and 5th...

Hahha. No way. Espicially if the deal is done after the draft. Next years picks aren't going to have that much value right now.

JagHombre22
04-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Hahha. No way. Espicially if the deal is done after the draft. Next years picks aren't going to have that much value right now.

I would not expect a second rounder....but it's probably what it is....which would suck because we always strike gold with our 2nd rounders...

Scotty D
04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
I would not expect a second rounder....but it's probably what it is....which would suck because we always strike gold with our 2nd rounders...

A second for Lito isn't bad. He's a great player and signed to a decent contract, even though a new contract would probably accompany a trade.

yourfavestoner
04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't think they're gonna do it. Right now, he's making less money than Drayton Florence. He's gonna want a new contract that pays him $7 million+ per year.

JagHombre22
04-28-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't think they're gonna do it. Right now, he's making less money than Drayton Florence. He's gonna want a new contract that pays him $7 million+ per year.

But...if they're looking to move Brian Williams to safety...a trade for Lito would make sense...

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
I honestly would just prefer to keep him at this point.

PACKmanN
04-28-2008, 06:22 PM
The Eagles should keep him, the offensives in the division are stacked.

diabsoule
04-28-2008, 06:24 PM
I think the Iggles should just keep him. If the Jags traded for him where would that put Brian Wililams? As the dime back?

BigJohn98
04-28-2008, 06:28 PM
I think the Iggles should just keep him. If the Jags traded for him where would that put Brian Wililams? As the dime back?

There is talk of B-Will moving to safety.

JagHombre22
04-28-2008, 06:28 PM

there has been wide speculation that Brian Williams was going to be moved to Strong Safety....Brian Williams is a better corner than a lot of people give him credit for...if this happened I would think that Williams would be moving to safety...

MetSox17
04-28-2008, 06:53 PM
If the Eagles weren't taking a high second rounder at the draft, why will they take one once the draft is gone and they don't know what type of positioning they'll get?

If it's to the Jaguars, i doubt it's just for a 2nd, which would pretty much be a 3rd cause of how low it is. If Philly gives him away for chump change i'll eat my fist.

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2008, 07:03 PM
It would be nice having 3 1st rounders next year.... ;)

JagHombre22
04-28-2008, 07:14 PM
If the Eagles weren't taking a high second rounder at the draft, why will they take one once the draft is gone and they don't know what type of positioning they'll get?

If it's to the Jaguars, i doubt it's just for a 2nd, which would pretty much be a 3rd cause of how low it is. If Philly gives him away for chump change i'll eat my fist.

It was rumored that the Eagles were interested in Matt Jones...so I could see him and a 2nd rounder...

eaglesfan_45
04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
It would be nice having 3 1st rounders next year.... ;)

that it would, to bad we would end up having 0 first rounders yet again :rolleyes:

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2008, 07:16 PM
It was rumored that the Eagles were interested in Matt Jones...so I could see him and a 2nd rounder...

I hope not. Switch Jones with Reggie Williams.

Nitschke-Hawk
04-28-2008, 07:35 PM
I though this draft was kinda boring. Mo real surprises and only Lorenzo Booker was traded... and that was mentioned as a blip in the radar. Gimme Trades.

tjsunstein
04-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Either the Eagles pull the trigger on a second and a player now or they wait until the offseason when they can go after a vet wide out and use him as bait. Im sure a deal is going to be done before the season but it doesnt make sense to do it after the draft as previously stated.

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2008, 07:56 PM
I though this draft was kinda boring. Mo real surprises and only Lorenzo Booker was traded... and that was mentioned as a blip in the radar. Gimme Trades.

So was Fabian Washington. Not sure about anyone else.

The Unseen
04-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I like team improvement, but I have to think this is a bit overkill.

JagHombre22
04-28-2008, 08:40 PM
I like team improvement, but I have to think this is a bit overkill.

I'm all for adding value...

The Unseen
04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20080429_Eagles_-_Sources__Jaguars_interested_making_deal_with_Eagl es_for_Sheppard.html

wow.

princefielder28
04-29-2008, 08:13 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20080429_Eagles_-_Sources__Jaguars_interested_making_deal_with_Eagl es_for_Sheppard.html

wow.

Jags would be real tough if they can add him

LonghornsLegend
04-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Wow, the Eagles are trying to stockpile picks next year, they are probably going to make a serious run at a WR.

BigJohn98
04-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Would the addition of Lito Sheppard give the Jags the best cornerback duo or trio in the NFL?

brat316
04-29-2008, 08:38 PM
I think if the trade happens is probably conditional 2nd if he plays or what ever it becomes a 1st.

TimD
04-29-2008, 08:49 PM
If the Eagles got 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders that'd be crazy

eaglesfan_45
04-29-2008, 08:56 PM
I am thinking it will be a conditional second and a 4th giving the Eagles a possibility of having 3 1st rounders.

yourfavestoner
04-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Would the addition of Lito Sheppard give the Jags the best cornerback duo or trio in the NFL?

The best duo is and still would be Asomugah and Hall.

BlindSite
04-29-2008, 10:27 PM
I agree,

Broncos
Raiders
Cowboys
Niners
Jags (with Lito)

JagHombre22
04-29-2008, 11:41 PM
I agree,

Broncos
Raiders
Cowboys
Niners
Jags (with Lito)

while all of those duos are good...I think you have them in the wrong order...

cowboys should not be on that list, IMO...neither should the 9ers...

BlindSite
04-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Newman and Pacman is friggen sweet.

no love
04-30-2008, 12:56 AM

Not the Niners? What other team other than the Broncos has two probowl corners?

If the niners had any semblance of a pass rush. Both of our corners would be regarded as top notch. Plus I would also venture to say that the 49ers cb's are as good against the run as any CB duo in the league.

In the past two years Nate and Walt have:
280 tackles, 55 PD's and 19 ints

Compared to Champ Bailey and Dre Bly:
274 tackles, 54 PD's and 21 ints

It's so close, that it would be hard not to include Nate and Walt in the conversation of top CB duos. Both guys are great players, veteran leaders, and are sorely in need of help from pass rushers.

fenikz
04-30-2008, 01:00 AM

how did the 49ers make a top list for anything?

BlindSite
04-30-2008, 02:19 AM
They've got no pass rush. Champ bailey can't cover for 10 seconds on every play.

bsaza2358
04-30-2008, 08:42 AM
I can't see Lito going anywhere for less than a 2009 first. If the Jags blow the Eagles away (much like with the Carolina offer for their first rounder), they would have to move him. Otherwise, they should definitely stick with their existing rotation and go 3 deep with Pro Bowl caliber CB's to help mask Dawkins' age and the potential holes at SS.

The Unseen
04-30-2008, 10:37 AM
A couple of sources (don't have time to find them) have said that the first time the Eagles heard of the trade possibility is when they read the story in the Philadelphia Daily News. Also, another source said that Del Rio hadn't even discussed the possibility of bringing Lito in, and that when he talked to Andy Reid before the draft, Lito was not even mentioned.

JagHombre22
04-30-2008, 11:21 AM
A couple of sources (don't have time to find them) have said that the first time the Eagles heard of the trade possibility is when they read the story in the Philadelphia Daily News. Also, another source said that Del Rio hadn't even discussed the possibility of bringing Lito in, and that when he talked to Andy Reid before the draft, Lito was not even mentioned.

I've heard both as well but then I've also heard that the sides are so close, Jacksonville just has to work out the financial deal...

so I don't know who to believe...

CC.SD
04-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Bringing in Lito=Stupid. Why sign Drayton Florence? As dumb as he is, and despite the bricks for hands, he's not a bad cover corner.

JagHombre22
04-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Bringing in Lito=Stupid. Why sign Drayton Florence? As dumb as he is, and despite the bricks for hands, he's not a bad cover corner.

the thought is, if Lito was brought in Brian Williams would move to Strong Safety....and Florence was signed to play nickel back...since we play it 75% of the time anyways...

DragonFireKai
04-30-2008, 03:17 PM
I've heard both as well but then I've also heard that the sides are so close, Jacksonville just has to work out the financial deal...

so I don't know who to believe...

Considerng that the Eagles never gave Lito permission to seek a trade, I know who I'm believing.

JagHombre22
04-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Considerng that the Eagles never gave Lito permission to seek a trade, I know who I'm believing.

I heard that they gave his agent permission to seek a trade....I'm so over this...lol

bsaza2358
04-30-2008, 03:33 PM
If the Eagles didn't move him pre-draft, they're probably not moving him at all.

art vandelay
04-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I think they are still dangling Lito to get Chad Johnson. If they offer their 1st next year, Panther's 1st that they got and Lito, it's tough seeing the Bengals saying no to that.

LonghornsLegend
04-30-2008, 03:57 PM
I think they are still dangling Lito to get Chad Johnson. If they offer their 1st next year, Panther's 1st that they got and Lito, it's tough seeing the Bengals saying no to that.

I would get a good laugh out of them trading two 1st and Lito for a WR, thats just too much...I know they want a WR bad, but two 1st and a great corner for a WR? If it was that serious they should of kept Stallworth and been fine, they have weapons at WR, Chad would help but I don't think that much.

At least I hope they don't set the market that high, I wouldn't mind offering a 1st, 3rd, and 4th for Roy but that's about it.

bsaza2358
04-30-2008, 04:05 PM
There is absolutely no chance that the Eagles offer that much for a 30/31 year old WR who is threatening to hold out from his current franchise and who would need a new deal upon being traded.

art vandelay
04-30-2008, 04:24 PM
There is absolutely no chance that the Eagles offer that much for a 30/31 year old WR who is threatening to hold out from his current franchise and who would need a new deal upon being traded.

You would think. But reportedly the Bengals turned down two 1's for Chad and McNabb really wants a #1 WR. It probably won't happen but stranger things have happened.

tjsunstein
04-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I agree,

Broncos
Raiders
Cowboys
Niners
Jags (with Lito)

Packers HAVE to be up there. They were better than the 49ers by far and barely beat out the Cowboys. Sure, the names look good but go off of production man.

yourfavestoner
04-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Del Rio confirmed on a radio show today that the Jags never even had interest in Lito. Del Rio and Andy Reid also talked over draft weekend, and the subject of Lito never even came up. Apparently, the whole story was nothing more than talk by his agent in an effort to get the Eagles to offer a new contract or get more involved in trade talks.

JagHombre22
04-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Del Rio confirmed on a radio show today that the Jags never even had interest in Lito. Del Rio and Andy Reid also talked over draft weekend, and the subject of Lito never even came up. Apparently, the whole story was nothing more than talk by his agent in an effort to get the Eagles to offer a new contract or get more involved in trade talks.

my question is this than....why the Jaguars...they are seemingly stacked at the position so why force leverage with the Jags?

bsaza2358
04-30-2008, 05:09 PM
It is idiotic banter. Let's just leave this thread alone and wait for something tangible.

DragonFireKai
04-30-2008, 07:35 PM
It is idiotic banter. Let's just leave this thread alone and wait for something tangible.

You do realize that there hasn't been a tangible thing involving Lito this offseason? The Eagles never gave his agent permission to seek a trade. They never solicited offers from other teams. Hell, Lito hasn't even asked for a new contract. He's not going anywhere unless someone makes a stupidly large offer.

bsaza2358
05-01-2008, 09:14 AM
That was basically what I was saying. I was just more succinct...