PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys War Room Calls

kwilk103
04-28-2008, 08:01 PM
they recorded the calls to the players they drafted; pretty neat

martellus bennett

http://dallascowboys.com/multimedia_center.cfm?id=8DFA1F0B-0D3A-92C1-80781F87E6CE974F

also have tashard choice and felix jones

just click on them; on the left of the media player

bored of education
04-28-2008, 08:05 PM
those are pretty cool. Cowboys are very available whe nits comes to there draft. 1st team to have a camera in the war room i believe.

Flyboy
04-28-2008, 08:06 PM
That's freakin' awesome. Very cool indeed.

StripedWalrus
04-28-2008, 09:05 PM
on the NFL network they showed a little bit of Jerry Jones calling the draft picks up and telling em they were cowboys. I thought it was pretty cool.

etk
04-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Choice called Jerry Jones "coach"...lol.

jbsg02
04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Choice called Jerry Jones "coach"...lol.

he knows who calls the shots

M
04-28-2008, 10:11 PM
The cowboys are great at marketing, and Jones loves to make a splash with people talking about both he and the team. But considering they have not won a playoff game is 11 years (I believe) they have to do something to keep people talking about them since their product has sucked in the last decade for post-season success. Ultimately, it does not matter how well you do in the regular season that is the ultimate measure of success in this league, unless you lack objectivity. They have become irrelevant until they break this streak.

Did they not also sign the kid that was incarcerated on the rape case that was overturned by the Georgia Supreme Court. . . he loves to make a splash but unfortunately, he is well on his way to become Al Davis Part II, the NFL crazy owner who takes a team down. Dont laugh but Al has had more success this milennium that "the boys."

kwilk103
04-28-2008, 10:29 PM
The cowboys are great at marketing, and Jones loves to make a splash with people talking about both he and the team. But considering they have not won a playoff game is 11 years (I believe) they have to do something to keep people talking about them since their product has sucked in the last decade for post-season success. Ultimately, it does not matter how well you do in the regular season that is the ultimate measure of success in this league, unless you lack objectivity. They have become irrelevant until they break this streak.

Did they not also sign the kid that was incarcerated on the rape case that was overturned by the Georgia Supreme Court. . . he loves to make a splash but unfortunately, he is well on his way to become Al Davis Part II, the NFL crazy owner who takes a team down. Dont laugh but Al has had more success this milennium that "the boys."

yes, we signed him

we had a good draft though (past 2 really)

last year traded out of the 1st, and got an extra 1 this year; moved back into the 1st and got the guy we wanted all along (spencer)

this year got the guy we wanted (felix jones; debated, but wade didnt like his work ethic and thought he was more of what we wanted than mendenhall)

moved down from 100 and got 2 guys we wanted in the 4th-5h (choice, cb from boise)

also moved up from 28 and got our #2 ranked cb and only gave up a 5th and 7th

and when we traded down we picked up a 3rd and 4th next year

he wanted to trade up in the 2nd for a wr (most think hardy) but he listened to his scouts and decided the value wasnt there

hes learning from past mistakes; i think those 4 years from bill helped him become a better gm

Brent
04-28-2008, 10:35 PM
I saw these the other night, the best is Tellus': "IS THIS JERRY JONES??!!!!"

kwilk103
04-28-2008, 10:42 PM
they dont have jenkins as they used a cell phone

after hearing he got drafted, his mom was so excited she had a stroke and had to be rushed to the hospital (shes ok)

scary at the time, but in a few years, they'll probably be laughing

MetSox17
04-28-2008, 11:22 PM
they dont have jenkins as they used a cell phone

after hearing he got drafted, his mom was so excited she had a stroke and had to be rushed to the hospital (shes ok)

scary at the time, but in a few years, they'll probably be laughing

Wow, are you serious?

LonghornsLegend
04-28-2008, 11:25 PM
yes, we signed him

we had a good draft though (past 2 really)

last year traded out of the 1st, and got an extra 1 this year; moved back into the 1st and got the guy we wanted all along (spencer)

this year got the guy we wanted (felix jones; debated, but wade didnt like his work ethic and thought he was more of what we wanted than mendenhall)

moved down from 100 and got 2 guys we wanted in the 4th-5h (choice, cb from boise)

also moved up from 28 and got our #2 ranked cb and only gave up a 5th and 7th

and when we traded down we picked up a 3rd and 4th next year

he wanted to trade up in the 2nd for a wr (most think hardy) but he listened to his scouts and decided the value wasnt there

hes learning from past mistakes; i think those 4 years from bill helped him become a better gm

Let's not praise this draft that much, there were still some questionable picks, and we didn't address the D line or O line the way I would of liked...It was solid, but our 2nd day could have been better.

MetSox17
04-28-2008, 11:34 PM

You know what the cool thing about owning the Dallas Cowboys is? You don't need to "make a splash" to keep people watching. Everyone is infatuated with hating on the Cowboys, and obviously you are one of those people. Taking any opportunity possible to take a shot at an owner you wish you had.

How does a conversation turn from talking about the draft room conversations with players, to regular and post-season success? Again, taking an opportunity to turn it around and go completely off-base to take shots. The Cowboys have loyal fans, and band-wagoners, like everyone does, but i'm pretty sure Jerry Jones never sits down in his office with his P.R staff and says

Jerry: "Hey, how can we make a splash?"

Random P.R Guy : "I have an idea, Let's record the audio of ourselves speaking with our about to be picks!!"

Jerry: "Bob, that's genius! That'll be the equivalent of a fat man cannon balling into a pool!!"

Random P.R Guy : " :D "

I hate it when people like you talk out of their ass to offend Cowboys ownership, especially when you bring up things that are completely irrelevant. What does them signing a previously incarcerated player have anything to do with them "making a splash"?? If anything, that goes against everything related to marketing, you try to create a good image for your team, not a bad one. But hey, Jerry wants to win. He knows how to win. He has won before, and he'll win again. Three Superbowls after purchasing the team is mighty damn good if you ask me. Where was Denver's front office the first 13 years of John Elways' career?

He's preparing this team to win. To win now, and to win in the future. If you don't like it, then don't watch.

M.O.T.H.
04-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Okay, she didnt have a stroke...she fainted. lol.

Brent
04-29-2008, 08:21 AM
But considering they have not won a playoff game is 11 years (I believe) they have to do something to keep people talking about them since their product has sucked in the last decade for post-season success.
the 1996-97 season was the last time they won a playoff game. Beat the Vikings in the wild card round and then lost to the Panthers in the divisional round.

WMD
04-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Awesome.. I wish more teams were as open as the Cowboys.

BamaFalcon59
04-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Bennett could have been a very good starting tight end. Instead he is a longtime backup in Dallas.