PDA

View Full Version : Did the Vikings collect the best undrafted free agents?

Ozzy
04-29-2008, 08:50 AM
It is almost ridiculous, Henderson is a stud, so is Sumrall and Reynaud is a beast at WR and Radovich is a very solid player. Plus they got two fine safeties in Abdullah and Griffin then a solid ILB in Leman. Walker is a fine corner and Young is a strong RB also. Their free agent signings almost make up for their draft, which was not bad but was not great either.

Vikings S Husain Abdullah (Washington State)
Vikings DE Martail Burnett (Utah)
Vikings DT Leger Douzable (Central Florida)
Vikings S Marcus Griffin (Texas)
Vikings K Steven Hauschka (NC State)
Vikings LB Erin Henderson (Maryland)
Vikings WR Nate Jones (Texas)
Vikings CB Travis Key (Michigan State)
Vikings Jeremy "J" Leman (Illinois)
Vikings C Tim Mattran (Stanford)
Vikings T Drew Radovich (USC)
Vikings WR Darius Reynaud (West Virginia)
Vikings CB Brandon Sumrall (Southern Mississippi)
Vikings CB Marcus Walker (Oklahoma)
Vikings QB Kyle Wright (Miami)
Vikings RB Albert Young (Iowa)

Here is a list of them that I found, I believe it is correct.
http://fflivewire.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128822

FitzBoldin1181
04-29-2008, 08:59 AM
You are getting a little too excited about UDFA. There is a reason they went undrafted. They have the potential to be good players, but don't get the idea in your head that they will be starting.

Ozzy
04-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Who said they would be starters? Clearly it is a gamble but there are TONs of VERY good NFL players that went undrafted. And to believe that Henderson, Sumrall, Walker or Radovich do not have potential to be quality players is foolish.

I am always excited when the undrafted free agent lists come out because there are always players that slip through yet turn out to be better players than the ones drafted.

LonghornsLegend
04-29-2008, 09:06 AM
They have alot of "known" guys, but it's a little too much to think that all those guys will make the team or start...They did land alot of the top guys though, I can't believe Dallas didn't bring in Griffin I'm upset about that...Henderson probably wanted to go there because of his borther.

draftguru151
04-29-2008, 09:07 AM
They signed Kyle Wright. Automatically worst.

Seriously though, definitely a nice group and a good amount of them should make the team or practice squad.

DiG
04-29-2008, 09:08 AM

touche my friend.

Jughead10
04-29-2008, 09:13 AM
It looks to be like they just brought in a bunch of name guys. Most likely because they didn't have a ton of draft picks to begin with.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Getting J Leman and Erin Henderson are nice pick ups. I think both will make it and could eventually be solid contributors. Erin should have some nice mentoring from E.J. during the early stages of his career.

Caddy
04-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Signing the best of the worst is nice, but then you realise they are best of the worst. You'll be lucky if more than 1 make the roster.

Shane P. Hallam
04-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah, the Vikings usually keep a few though.

And Spielman is very aggressive when it comes to UDFAs he wants. Looks like he did another good job here.

heavyduty
04-29-2008, 11:14 AM
id say that is the best group of UDFA this year for sure, henderson, griffin, and leeman all should have been drafted, i think leeman and henderson both should have gone 4-5 range, and griffin 6-7th

Shane P. Hallam
04-29-2008, 11:18 AM
I also think Radovich and Reynaud have a chance to make the team. I wouldn't quite count out Albert Young either as a practice squad guy.

princefielder28
04-29-2008, 11:36 AM
It should provide good competition in camp for the last few spots on the roster

luee
04-29-2008, 11:41 AM
a possible 2nd rounder to an UDFA? Injury concerns?

princefielder28
04-29-2008, 11:42 AM
a possible 2nd rounder to an UDFA? Injury concerns?

missing an ACL

Brent
04-29-2008, 11:42 AM
quality over quantity.

volman88
04-29-2008, 12:27 PM

Seriously though, definitely a nice group and a good amount of them should make the team or practice squad.

That automatically gives their draft an A+

djp
04-29-2008, 12:52 PM
It is almost ridiculous, Henderson is a stud, so is Sumrall and Reynaud is a beast at WR and Radovich is a very solid player. Plus they got two fine safeties in Abdullah and Griffin then a solid ILB in Leman. Walker is a fine corner and Young is a strong RB also. Their free agent signings almost make up for their draft, which was not bad but was not great either.

Vikings S Husain Abdullah (Washington State)
Vikings DE Martail Burnett (Utah)
Vikings DT Leger Douzable (Central Florida)
Vikings S Marcus Griffin (Texas)
Vikings K Steven Hauschka (NC State)
Vikings LB Erin Henderson (Maryland)
Vikings WR Nate Jones (Texas)
Vikings CB Travis Key (Michigan State)
Vikings Jeremy "J" Leman (Illinois)
Vikings C Tim Mattran (Stanford)
Vikings T Drew Radovich (USC)
Vikings WR Darius Reynaud (West Virginia)
Vikings CB Brandon Sumrall (Southern Mississippi)
Vikings CB Marcus Walker (Oklahoma)
Vikings QB Kyle Wright (Miami)
Vikings RB Albert Young (Iowa)

Here is a list of them that I found, I believe it is correct.
http://fflivewire.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128822

A lot of solid college players, but out of the group Griffin, Radovich, and Henderson are the only ones I can see ever making an impact.

Reynaud is so overrated.

Don Vito
04-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Aren't Cedric Griffin and Marcus Griffin cousins, or are ther brothers like EJ and Erin Henderson? That would be crazy if there were two sets of brothers on the same team.

bored of education
04-29-2008, 01:56 PM
With the amount of cuts the chiefs made before the free agent process along wiht their 12 picks I could see the chiefs reeling in a few of the UDFA since they are doing a raping of the weak on the roster now.

Crazy_Chris
04-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Erin Henderson is the only one I think actually has a chance to make the team he'll beat out Rufus Alexander.

ThePudge
04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Erin Henderson is the only one I think actually has a chance to make the team he'll beat out Rufus Alexander.

Henderson doesn't have an ACL. He is an enormous injury concern. One bad hit to the knee and his career could be over. A minor hamstring injury, which holds the knee in place in these case, could become a major issue, potentially keeping him out for double what it keeps out any other player.

Go_Eagles77
04-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Aren't Cedric Griffin and Marcus Griffin cousins, or are ther brothers like EJ and Erin Henderson? That would be crazy if there were two sets of brothers on the same team.

Marcus Griffin is Michael Griffin's twin brother, I don't think he's related to Cedric Griffin though.

Crazy_Chris
04-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Henderson doesn't have an ACL. He is an enormous injury concern. One bad hit to the knee and his career could be over. A minor hamstring injury, which holds the knee in place in these case, could become a major issue, potentially keeping him out for double what it keeps out any other player.

That won't affect him making the team as depth it may hold him back from being consider a longterm answer at a LB spot.

MetSox17
04-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Marcus Griffin is Michael Griffin's twin brother, I don't think he's related to Cedric Griffin though.

Right on.

Cedric and Mike/Marcus are not related at all.

It would have been cool to have two sets of brothers on a team. Imagine the competition. But anyway, Texas had all these boys at the same time in the secondary. And they all have dreadlocks. The confusion..

lordquas
04-29-2008, 02:46 PM
vikings got like 90% of all the best prospects that went undrafted..

Leman, Reynaud, Henderson, Griffin and Sumrall are all key pickups.

qbscout9
04-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Add Pedro Sosa OT to that list he was picked up by the Vikings as well!

Thunder&Lightning
04-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Ya this is being a little over hyped... Henderson is a good sign but three quarters of these guys wont even make the team... just giving them a look...