PDA

View Full Version : Branden Albert at LT?

KCStud
04-29-2008, 12:06 PM
I definitely see this guy being athletic enough to be a LT. He's big enough and seems to be smart enough to learn the position this year. My question is do how do you think he will do?
He has quick feet and is powerful. I've watched some film on him and he reminds me so much of Willie Roaf, especially when he pulls to block downfield.

Could KC have their LT of the future?

LonghornsLegend
04-29-2008, 12:19 PM
I doubt they would of traded up for him unless they thought he was their LT of the future, especially since he was a thought to take him at 5.

TheIncredibleDraftDude
04-29-2008, 12:24 PM
make the dude drop a good 30 pounds over the next year, and youll have yourself a dominant inline blocking tight end

He has the athleticism to do this. Rumours are saying he has okay hands too.

TheIncredibleDraftDude
04-29-2008, 12:33 PM
and before any of u blow up let me clear this out for the ones of you that are a little ********. Im not talking about a friggin over-weight slot receiver-type of TE like dustin Keller, im talking about a dominant inline blocker.

foozball
04-29-2008, 12:48 PM
so youre saying they spent the 15th pick on a tight end project?

bored of education
04-29-2008, 01:57 PM
TIDD is a god amongst feeble mortals

P-L
04-29-2008, 02:23 PM
I heard on the radio that all 32 teams had Branden Albert on their draft board as a Tackle. Can't really confirm it, but interesting if true.

MetSox17
04-29-2008, 02:29 PM
make the dude drop a good 30 pounds over the next year, and youll have yourself a dominant inline blocking tight end

Lmao, why not sign Jason Dunn instead of wasting a top 15 pick on a guy that's gonna be too big to play TE every down and too small to play OT?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I gotta give it to you Dude, you sure think outside the box.

And outside anything remotely logical as well.

Jakey
04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Apparently the Rashard Mendenhall has strong legs...so the Steelers are concidering moving him to place kicker!!! Good 1st round pick IMO!

Cigaro
04-29-2008, 04:58 PM
I think he'll bust if he moves out from guard.

adschofield
04-29-2008, 05:03 PM
I think he'll bust if he moves out from guard.

Why? Any evidence or just your sixth sense?

LonghornsLegend
04-29-2008, 05:24 PM

Here's a thought:

How about not drafting somebody and making them gain/lose 40 lbs and change a position...Did you ever think about drafting a guy that you know, actually plays that position?

What is what your fascination in molding prospects to other positions, the Jets should make Gholston lose 40 lbs and be a physical WR, because rumors say he has ok hands:rolleyes:

Bengalsrocket
04-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Here's a thought:

How about not drafting somebody and making them gain/lose 40 lbs and change a position...Did you ever think about drafting a guy that you know, actually plays that position?

What is what your fascination in molding prospects to other positions, the Jets should make Gholston lose 40 lbs and be a physical WR, because rumors say he has ok hands:rolleyes:

Not only is his fascination with molding prospects to another position interesting, but I like how arrogant his board name / signature are. Bow down to the mighty draft dude for he shall put all of NFLDC's mind to rest with his awesome prospect ideas.

vidae
04-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Yes, he has excellent footwork and is athletic enough to kick it outside to tackle, which is where I'm sure he'll be starting next year.

MetSox17
04-29-2008, 06:06 PM
He's making me a pretty hilarious signature composite.

I say let him go until he gets tired.

DragonFireKai
04-29-2008, 06:21 PM
and before any of u blow up let me clear this out for the ones of you that are a little ********. Im not talking about a friggin over-weight slot receiver-type of TE like dustin Keller, im talking about a dominant inline blocker.

If you want an in line blocker, you could just leave him at his weight and use him as essentially an extra tackle. There's a reason why TEs with limited recieving ability don't get drafted on the first day, because if you want a dominant in line blocking TE for a set, you're better off simply sticking you backup tackle in the set.

Cigaro
04-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Why? Any evidence or just your sixth sense?

No evidence, so I guess you call it six sense or whatnot. He just seems like the many numerous prospects who have quickly risen up the draft boards, not on performance, but on potential, and turn out to be a flat bust. Albert seems to fit that role.

He was a good guard, but even as a guard, he may not have been worth the trade up(from 15th to 17th). And then you count in the fact he has played only two games at left tackle, yet is still being haled as a top tackle prospect, I just don't like his chances.

Of course, he could end up an All-Pro LT and make me look like stupid.

vidae
04-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Let's hope so!

LonghornsLegend
04-29-2008, 07:22 PM
No evidence, so I guess you call it six sense or whatnot. He just seems like the many numerous prospects who have quickly risen up the draft boards, not on performance, but on potential, and turn out to be a flat bust. Albert seems to fit that role.

He was a good guard, but even as a guard, he may not have been worth the trade up(from 15th to 17th). And then you count in the fact he has played only two games at left tackle, yet is still being haled as a top tackle prospect, I just don't like his chances.

Why wasn't he worth a trade up two spots? It's not like they had to give up a high pick to jump 2 spots, and Albert has alot more LT potential then Otah does.

adschofield
04-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Albert could be the bust pure LT in the draft

bored of education
04-29-2008, 07:33 PM
**** HE IS GOING TO BE THE BEST EVER

LarryJohnson27
04-29-2008, 07:49 PM

I don't think he rose up draft boards. I think NFL teams had him there all along, but once analysts and such realized alot of teams were looking at him as a LT they put him higher on their rankings and mocks.

tom
05-01-2008, 01:42 PM

I heard they were thinking about having him lose 100 pounds and play him at Cornerback... At 6-7 he could man cover plaxico!

Sniper
05-01-2008, 02:07 PM
I heard they were thinking about having him lose 100 pounds and play him at Cornerback... At 6-7 he could man cover plaxico!

Plaxico wouldn't be a WR anymore. Make him put on like 150 pounds or so and he could be a sick nose tackle in a 3-4. HE COULD EVEN COMMAND QUADRUPLE TEAMS!

CC.SD
05-01-2008, 02:52 PM
I think TIDD is onto something...

like crack. and I like it. Give us more, baby.

sweetness34
05-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Albert could be the bust pure LT in the draft

He could be, or he might not develop. Right now Williams is the best LT in the draft. Albert has more potential, but he could also bust and have to play LG.

I like him but at least for us, Williams was the safer and better pick.

Sniper
05-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Right now Williams is the best LT in the draft.

Until someone proves this theory that Jake Long sucks at LT, I'm going to go with the #1 pick.

kmartin575
05-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Until someone proves this theory that Jake Long sucks at LT, I'm going to go with the #1 pick.

Yep, pretty much. There is a reason he went #1 overall.

rockio42
05-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Plaxico wouldn't be a WR anymore. Make him put on like 150 pounds or so and he could be a sick nose tackle in a 3-4. HE COULD EVEN COMMAND QUADRUPLE TEAMS!

I was waiting for someone to bring up the QUARUPLE TEAM!!!!!!

Thread Killer
05-02-2008, 10:23 PM
IMO, KC has another All-Pro OG if they don't screw him up.

Bengalsrocket
05-03-2008, 02:54 AM
IMO, KC has another All-Pro OG if they don't screw him up.

I hope you mean all-pro TE.

TheGreatEscape
05-03-2008, 04:21 AM
Albert's going to end up at LT for at least 4 years because KC won't pull the plug before than. I think he'll flourish and only Clady will have a higher ceiling at LT.

Iamcanadian
05-03-2008, 06:47 AM
Albert got stuck behind D'Brickshaw Ferguson for 2 years and was finally slated to start at LT his senior year when he got hurt and gave Eugene Monroe a chance to start, by the time he returned Monroe who is a potential top 10 pick next year, had established himself at LT so they decided to leave Albert at OG.
If Albert had played LT this season for Virginia, he's probably a top 10 pick so I think KC got a real steal getting him at #15 and will have an All Pro LT for the next decade.

vidae
05-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Albert got stuck behind D'Brickshaw Ferguson for 2 years and was finally slated to start at LT his senior year when he got hurt and gave Eugene Monroe a chance to start, by the time he returned Monroe who is a potential top 10 pick next year, had established himself at LT so they decided to leave Albert at OG.
If Albert had played LT this season for Virginia, he's probably a top 10 pick so I think KC got a real steal getting him at #15 and will have an All Pro LT for the next decade.

I think so too. I don't think our line is fully repaired by any means, but I definitely think it'll be better than it was last year.

kmartin575
05-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Albert's going to end up at LT for at least 4 years because KC won't pull the plug before than. I think he'll flourish and only Clady will have a higher ceiling at LT.

Herm Edwards will not force Albert in at left tackle if he is not ready. Of course he will let him take the good with the bad but if Albert is clearly struggling at left tackle I have no doubt he will not be forced into a bad situation.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-03-2008, 04:28 PM

What about 2006? D'Brick was drafted in 2006 in April. 2006 fall, Albert played guard and Eugene Monroe played LT for Virgnia. Last year Monroe was back at LT because of the injury to Albert and had 1 year more experience at LT than Albert. Albert may have been slated to take his spot and then got injured but Monroe was the LT for 2 years at Virginia in 06 and 07, where Albert could have played LT. And then Albert was an early entry into the NFL Draft not a senior as you said. Albert has a ton of upside but he's a risky LT right now with only 2 games of experience. I think he'll be a good guard this year in KC if they played him at guard, but I could see KC playing him at LT to get his feet wet.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/underclassmen.html

BlindSite
05-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I've always thought that Al Groh's statement was the most telling when he said that after two weeks at LT he was the best tackle he's ever coached and that is after he's spent time with the NY Giants, Patriots, Jets, Browns and now Virginia.