PDA

View Full Version : Trade with Vikings

SimonRath
02-27-2007, 11:03 AM
This has the Vikings trading their 2nd round pick and Brad Johnson for Matt Schaub..
WOW, i do not wnat this, we got no use for Johnson.. I wnat Shockly to be our 2nd string..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/02/27/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

iloxygenil
02-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Shockley is AWFUL, we need to cut him and get a couple QBs if we can.

Shiver
02-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Time warp.... woah

falconsrule
02-28-2007, 08:28 AM
This has the Vikings trading their 2nd round pick and Brad Johnson for Matt Schaub..
WOW, i do not wnat this, we got no use for Johnson.. I wnat Shockly to be our 2nd string..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/02/27/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Im all for that trade....If we cant get a 1st round pick which I really doubt then we should really consider this trade....Im not really high on Brad Johnson but we could really use the pick though

flrybranch
02-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Well I guess BJ isn't gonna be part of the trade now ehh....

georgiafan
03-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Shockley is AWFUL, we need to cut him and get a couple QBs if we can.

You must have not watched him play in the pre season

GDawg239
03-01-2007, 12:29 PM
he should hold out for a potential first round pick. I still think there are some teams that might be willing to trade. Some teams like the Packers, Chiefs, the Ravens, or even the Jaguars might consider it. I think the worst we can do is a trade with RAiders for the 1st pick in round 2. (after they pick Calvin)

BigDawg819
03-01-2007, 12:47 PM
he should hold out for a potential first round pick. I still think there are some teams that might be willing to trade. Some teams like the Packers, Chiefs, the Ravens, or even the Jaguars might consider it. I think the worst we can do is a trade with RAiders for the 1st pick in round 2. (after they pick Calvin)

Why would the Ravens even consider trading for Matt Schaub when we have Kyle Boller? You now a former starter in this league who by the way has a winning record in this league. Not a backup who has all this hype and yet I can't figure out why? If he was so great wouldn't he be starting for the Falcons instead of Vick? I mean sooner or later a decision needs to made on Vick. So many good college scrambling QBs are forced to transition to other positions to utilize their speed and I don't see why Vick gets a pass. Yes I understand the reasoning to give him another chance under Petrino, but what happens if he fails again? Does Schaub take over?

iloxygenil
03-01-2007, 01:24 PM
No, Schaub will not be a Falcon. And Boeller is AWFUL. AWFUL. But Vick gets a pass because it seems at times he's the only one out there giving everything he's got, and he makes plays and has one of the best arms in the league. With WRs dropping balls and Offensive line getting him destroyed. When everyone else plays well, Vick is the best QB in the league...if he played with Indy instead of ATL he'd have HUGE numbers. Look back at the Cincy and Pitt games. Vick was getting protection and time, and he just tore it up. Was the best QB in the league.

BigDawg819
03-01-2007, 01:36 PM
No, Schaub will not be a Falcon. And Boeller is AWFUL. AWFUL. But Vick gets a pass because it seems at times he's the only one out there giving everything he's got, and he makes plays and has one of the best arms in the league. With WRs dropping balls and Offensive line getting him destroyed. When everyone else plays well, Vick is the best QB in the league...if he played with Indy instead of ATL he'd have HUGE numbers. Look back at the Cincy and Pitt games. Vick was getting protection and time, and he just tore it up. Was the best QB in the league.

Wow what the hell is in your water! If that is not a hometown backing of Vick I don't know what is? Your basing your praise on 2 games! Boller (yes I know how to spell his name) has had better games then that and it didn't take him 6 years to throw for more then 3 TD's in one game. You and all the other Vick supporters will always give him a pass no matter what he does or doesn't do. He has single handedly crippled that franchise with his albatross of a contract and yet here you are calling him the best QB in the league? I'd take Peyton, Carson, Brady, Brees, Pennington, Boller, McNair, Rivers, hell even Brady Quinn over Vick every time!

d34ng3l021
03-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Wow what the hell is in your water! If that is not a hometown backing of Vick I don't know what is? Your basing your praise on 2 games! Boller (yes I know how to spell his name) has had better games then that and it didn't take him 6 years to throw for more then 3 TD's in one game. You and all the other Vick supporters will always give him a pass no matter what he does or doesn't do. He has single handedly crippled that franchise with his albatross of a contract and yet here you are calling him the best QB in the league? I'd take Peyton, Carson, Brady, Brees, Pennington, Boller, McNair, Rivers, hell even Brady Quinn over Vick every time!

You have Boller in your sig. Opinion automatically not taken into consideration.

Shiver
03-01-2007, 04:35 PM
You have Boller in your sig. Opinion automatically not taken into consideration.

Not to mention he took Oxy out of context, entirely. He wasn't calling Michael Vick the best QB in the NFL. He said when he is on his best game, he is. Those are two entirely different statements. I believe the rules are very stringent in regard to going to another team's forum and trying to start something. I don't know, maybe saying Kyle Boller is better than Michael Vick on the Falcons team board might constitute that..:rolleyes:

d34ng3l021
03-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Not to mention he took Oxy out of context, entirely. He wasn't calling Michael Vick the best QB in the NFL. He said when he is on his best game, he is. Those are two entirely different statements. I believe the rules are very stringent in regard to going to another team's forum and trying to start something. I don't know, maybe saying Kyle Boller is better than Michael Vick on the Falcons team board might constitute that..:rolleyes:

And theres gotta be some rules against having Boller sigs.

iloxygenil
03-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Yes, I know Vick isn't the best QB in the league...he has the ABILITY to be. Those 2 games were AMAZING compared to everyone else in the league, and he just tore it up those games. But my bad, I had a typo...Boller is AMAZING I forgot =P that's why McNair is starting over him, who is only there to manage the game. Boller has ability, but he's just not a good QB. Vick hasn't done great yet, but he's been carrying this franchise.