PDA

View Full Version : Question on Poz and Connor

foozball
04-29-2008, 07:17 PM
every scouting site pretty much hailed dan connor as the superior prospect, yet he falls to the 3rd round. what happened?

BaLLiN
04-29-2008, 07:34 PM
he doesnt have very good coverage skills

Santonio10
04-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Well people dont realize that he played with a hurt knee all year that limited his mobility. Connor is fine in coverage. He will end up being the biggest steal in this years draft.

brat316
04-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Poz fell turned out to be a pretty good pick for the bills. Other players are just rated higher sometimes, go for need or sometimes more athletic player with potential which doesn't always workout.

Connor is probably be a good player getting it done week in and week out but won't be a difference maker.

BeerBaron
04-29-2008, 08:02 PM
well, seeing PSU football every chance i got.....

connor will be a solid player for many years. he's probably never going to have an urlacher/ray lewis type effect as a linebacker but he will be a consistant, solid tackling, great leader for years to come.

barring injury, i feel like he could be a 100+ tackle a season guy for the next decade or better. carolina got themselves a good one there

no love
04-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Nothing wrong with a solid MLB. I would rather have my impact players at DE, CB and Safety anyways.

underscore
04-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Connor got bit by the "he's a white LB" bug.

The big difference between he and Poz, Poz is a bit more cerebral, Connor a bit more athletic and instinctive.

The better LB, though, is Sean Lee. However, who knows how well he'll recover from his ACL

BeerBaron
04-29-2008, 08:37 PM

The big difference between he and Poz, Poz is a bit more cerebral, Connor a bit more athletic and instinctive.

The better LB, though, is Sean Lee. However, who knows how well he'll recover from his ACL

well lets not forget, this isnt 30 years ago when that injury could be career ending. I think he'll come back fine

Babylon
04-29-2008, 09:06 PM

I would have taken Connor before Curtis Lofton and Jordan Dizon(white guy) so not sure if he got bit by anything. Dont assume that NFL types are all that sharp.

energizerbunny
04-29-2008, 09:24 PM
its simple, 2 down linebackers always fall in the draft... and that is the biggest difference between him and Poz, Paul was considered to be atleast a good weakside linebacker coverage wise... if you were to put Dan at weakside in the nfl he would be exploited by opposing offenses.

I've said it for a while but i've always felt he's going to make a slighly above average to good MLB or even adequate strongside backer.

YAYareaRB
04-29-2008, 09:32 PM
I would have taken Connor before Curtis Lofton and Jordan Dizon(white guy) so not sure if he got bit by anything. Dont assume that NFL types are all that sharp.

For the record, Dizon is Filipino Hawaiian

Babylon
04-29-2008, 09:48 PM
For the record, Dizon is Filipino Hawaiian

In that case Dan Connor did get screwed because he's white.

YAYareaRB
04-30-2008, 10:29 AM
In that case Dan Connor did get screwed because he's white.

I think there's enough good white LBs in the league to diminish the white argument. Running Back is whole other subject

stephenson86
04-30-2008, 10:33 AM
I think there's enough good white LBs in the league to diminish the white argument. Running Back is whole other subject

brian leonard wall sort that out

DeathbyStat
04-30-2008, 10:36 AM
he doesnt have very good coverage skills

He has the about the same cover ability as Poz i'd say better he made more ints.

But i could be wrong I can't find the stats to verify this

DeathbyStat
04-30-2008, 10:37 AM

I agree if Lee come back from the injury he will be the best of the three

YAYareaRB
04-30-2008, 10:44 AM

Let us all hope.

HoopsDemon12
04-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Well people dont realize that he played with a hurt knee all year that limited his mobility. Connor is fine in coverage. He will end up being the biggest steal in this years draft.

BIGNO! He is going to be a terrific player and i almost threw my controller at the screen when we passed on him in the third round! Dam you panthers for being a smart team...

rockio42
04-30-2008, 01:08 PM

Hell yah!!

brat316
04-30-2008, 01:21 PM
No way Danny Woodhead

TheGreatEscape
04-30-2008, 01:28 PM
I don't think he's as good of a run stopping tackle machine as Lofton and think his general lack of quickness limits him to MLB. Honestly see very little difference between him and Goff.