PDA

View Full Version : Rivals.com 2009 Mock/Top 32 players

MetSox17
04-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Pretty sweet.

Just a few days after we finished the 08 draft.

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=802821

Brent
04-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Interesting read

MetSox17
04-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Good find MS17. +rep bro.

sodar21
04-29-2008, 11:19 PM
It will be interesting to look back at a list like this a year from now when 2-3 of those guys go undrafted.

MetSox17
04-29-2008, 11:33 PM
It will be interesting to look back at a list like this a year from now when 2-3 of those guys go undrafted.

Lol really, well why don't you enlighten me on which of those prospects will go undrafted?

I guess if the Jr's don't declare they'd technically be un-drafted

asu2100
04-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Carpenter in the 1st round? LOL. He won't sniff the first day unless he has an amazing season.

M.O.T.H.
04-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Good find MS17. +rep bro.

Nice try....

vidae
04-29-2008, 11:56 PM
What the poop, we have the first overall pick?! :(

Solomon
04-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Interesting that they don't have Duke Robinson on that list but they do have Herman Johnson. No Loadholt either but that doesn't surprise me much.

Ladarius Webb, that's a name I haven't heard before, should definitly keep an eye out for him.

I really don't know what Moore has done to deserve a first round grade. He'd better produce in a big way this season if he wants to live up to that.

MetSox17
04-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Nice try....

lol.

Anyway, what are the thoughts on the players though?

MetSox17
04-30-2008, 12:19 AM
What the poop, we have the first overall pick?! :(

Well Brodie Croyle is no Tony Romo..

vidae
04-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Says you!!

kmartin575
04-30-2008, 01:49 AM
Well Brodie Croyle is no Tony Romo..

I still think we are far from the worst team in the league. Even with the loss of Allen we have a pretty good defense. And if the coaching staff can find a way to get the 5 best guys on the field and form them into a cohesive offensive line we have some pretty good weapons like Larry Johnson, Tony Gonzalez, Dwayne Bowe, Jamaal Charles, etc. Perhaps some of our other young targets like Devard Darling, Brad Cottam, Will Franklin, and Jeff Webb will step up and surprise as well.

Chiefs are in no way a playoff team but we could surprise some people.

fenikz
04-30-2008, 02:07 AM
Glad to see all these mock sites agreeing with me about McCoy > Wells

WMD
04-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Well, the Lions unfortunately drafted Jordon Dizon to be their MLB of the future, so the Lions could stupidly pass on Maualuga. In which case, I would hope they go for Michael Johnson.

Burns336
04-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Carpenter in the 1st round? LOL. He won't sniff the first day unless he has an amazing season.

The part that is more ridiculous is where they have him pegged to go...

Pretty sure Dallas already has a QB and if he took them to the superbowl, as this draft indicates, I dont think they would be willing to get rid of him.

Unless this is just supposed to be a top 32 best prospects and didn't take need into consideration at all

Turtlepower
04-30-2008, 02:45 AM
Brian Cushing is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But what the hell with Rudy Carpenter going to Dallas in the first round. That would make me sad. =(

iworshipbender
04-30-2008, 03:11 AM
I don't see Tebow.

Also, I could see Jaison Williams from Oregon make a push towards the first round. He has the production, size and skills... the only thing he's missing is the ability to catch a ball in an important situation e.g. 3rd down.

DiG
04-30-2008, 08:55 AM
meh anything with dhb outside the top 10 automatically has me doubting its credibility.

villagewarrior
04-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Chiefs wound up with the first pick. Everything hinges on Brodie Croyle, which is somewhat unfair because he went from having no supporting cast at all to having an extremely young supporting cast that will be mistake prone.

Still, the defense has a major issue in that their pass rush will be lacking. I think a likely scenario is that the Chiefs offense and rush defense will be improved, but opposing QBs will have all day to sit in the pocket and pick apart our secondary.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-30-2008, 10:31 AM
I will leave this site if we draft a QB in the first round

Santonio10
04-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Mo Evans at 6. Nice to see as a PSU fan but i dont know if he'll be taken that high. He'll be a first rounder, but I just dont think in the top ten.

Santonio10
04-30-2008, 10:36 AM
I would hate it if the Steelers took Laurinaitis. He's very overrated

YAYareaRB
04-30-2008, 10:37 AM
I would cream my pants if we got any of the top picks. I also don't see Andre Smith falling that far, despite the weight issues

katnip
04-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Interesting. In madden 2008. I always drafted Chris Wells with my 1st rounder with the, Jets.

abaddon41_80
04-30-2008, 12:09 PM
I would love to see the 49ers draft George Selvie or Darius Heyward-Bey next year but I wouldn't mind Crabtree

thebow305
04-30-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't really understand why they have the Phins taking LeSean McCoy. I know he is good, and I like him a lot, but we certainly don't need a RB at all right now. We have Ronnie, Ricky, and the 2 drafted backs Parmele and Hilliard. I want CUSHING!!

I would also love Crabtree or DHB!

art vandelay
04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
That's pretty low for Andre Smith. I think he's a Top 5 pick and probably ahead of Oher right now.

d34ng3l021
04-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Great Falcons pick. But number 2 overall? :(

keylime_5
04-30-2008, 01:27 PM
It's kind of a weird situation to peg who Atlanta should pick in round 1 next year if they wind up with a top 3 pick. Obviously no QB or RB will be picked. CB is kinda high for top 3. Moala won't be a top 3 pick unless he really explodes this year at USC without Sed Ellis and Lawrence Jackson which I kinda doubt. They filled their MLB need too with Curtis Lofton. Michael Oher would make sense if they wanted to play him at RT, but would they take a RT in the top 5?

MetSox17
04-30-2008, 01:42 PM
It's kind of a weird situation to peg who Atlanta should pick in round 1 next year if they wind up with a top 3 pick. Obviously no QB or RB will be picked. CB is kinda high for top 3. Moala won't be a top 3 pick unless he really explodes this year at USC without Sed Ellis and Lawrence Jackson which I kinda doubt. They filled their MLB need too with Curtis Lofton. Michael Oher would make sense if they wanted to play him at RT, but would they take a RT in the top 5?

I think the junk about protecting a quarterbacks' blind side is a little overrated.
Offensive tackles are the most important positions in the offensive line, and if you have a pretty good one on the left side and a franchise tackle that has experience, and can play the right side comes along, then why not take him?

If you do, you pretty much have your line set up for a long long time. Guards are a lot easier to find than tackles, so if one knocks on your door, you open it and bring him in.

d34ng3l021
04-30-2008, 02:12 PM

You are right. All the top positions that take consideration in the top 5 (DE, QB, OT, RB) we are all set at. I think depending on this season, we may look to go DE. Abraham gets older and older, while who knows how Jamaal Anderson's development is going. If Anderson disappoints, I can see us taking a DE. Another position we might go for (not top3 though) is a WR. It is clear that we want Ryan to succeed and a great way to do so is to give him more and more weapons. I like our set of 3 WRs, but who knows.

If none of that happens though, I think we go DT or OT. I find DT to be a really important position that makes everyone else better against the run and we need someone like that. And if we take Oher, I think we can move him at RT and have bookend tackles. Maybe try to move Baker to RT (at the worst, G) and Oher to LT.

My favorite scenario: We get pick 6-9, pick up the top defensive tackle without hesitation. Maybe give Taylor Mays a look.

Brent
04-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Glad to see all these mock sites agreeing with me about McCoy > Wells
Dorsett said McCoy reminds a lot of himself. I think that is a pretty huge compliment. Don't know if it will end up being true but that must be pretty cool for McCoy to hear.

urinemonkey
04-30-2008, 06:15 PM
I love the Broncos getting Taylor Mays. I don't love them picking 13th though.

BaLLiN
04-30-2008, 06:23 PM
ehh Cushing isnt a bad player, but i wouldnt like to see a LB in the first after drafting two this year, 1 last year, and technically 2 the year before that (kiwanuka).