PDA

View Full Version : Frustration

04-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Do you ever find casual fan's relative lack of knowledge frustrating? You can't always blame them, and even Sports Personalities in radio and TV do it too. For example Me and my homeboy where talking about the Draft and the conversation went

Me:Wassup, hey fool you gonna watch the draft

Him:Yeah, I know all about the Draft, man

ME:All Right, then who is D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Him:He's out of Alabama, Right?

Me:NEver Mind

S4L
04-26-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't find it frustrating. It's not like being a draftnik is widespread among us young people. I know the most about football in my grade anyway, so I'm used to it.

Matthew Jones
04-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Um, I don't mind if a fan asks me for advice or something, or asks me about a player and just doesn't know much, but what I hate is when someone argues with you and has no clue what they're talking about.

nvot9
04-26-2006, 05:35 PM
I know what ya mean man. When you try to say something and some ignorant know it all barges in and makes some completely wrong statement. Or if you are having convo with your friends and they just say something so stupid but you just roll with it.

Raidernexx
04-26-2006, 05:40 PM
It's only frustrating to me if they "come off" like they're a know-it-all and end up not knowing squat!
If they're just making conversation and not spouting erroneous facts, then it's all good.
I feel it's my duty to school some of the younger Raider fans.
A lot of the "specifics" I know are more "position related".
I played a little CB in JC.
I feel more knowledgeable about the cornerback position itself than any other position on the field.
I don't expect to have much of a conversation on that subject with many folks unless they played it themselves.

Again, I just met a KC Chiefs fan here in the Caribbean today and he was a cool cat.
We're gonna get together tomorrow and talk a little football at the swimup bar!!!
Nexx

bearfan
04-26-2006, 05:48 PM
I don't find it frustrating. It's not like being a draftnik is widespread among us young people. I know the most about football in my grade anyway, so I'm used to it.

yeah, I am probably one of the bigger NFL followers that I know. I mean, even in offseason I spend time to know what is going on.

Some Dude
04-26-2006, 05:49 PM
It's only frustrating to me if they "come off" like they're a know-it-all and end up not knowing squat!
If they're just making conversation and not spouting erroneous facts, then it's all good.
I feel it's my duty to school some of the younger Raider fans.
A lot of the "specifics" I know are more "position related".
I played a little CB in JC.
I feel more knowledgeable about the cornerback position itself than any other position on the field.
I don't expect to have much of a conversation on that subject with many folks unless they played it themselves.

Again, I just met a KC Chiefs fan here in the Caribbean today and he was a cool cat.
We're gonna get together tomorrow and talk a little football at the swimup bar!!!
Nexx

That's how I feel. If they don't know anything, then fine. But when they act like they know everything there is to know about it, and then they prove they don't... that makes me annoyed.

I made a topic about someone who thinks he knows what he's talking about. I said he thinks Brodrick Bunkley won't be drafted until the 3rd round, Tamba Hali should be a top 10 pick, Mathias Kiwanuka is going to Philadelphia with the 14th pick, etc.

04-26-2006, 05:50 PM
I only get mad sometimes when an outlandish claim is made.
Im 15 and a 9th grader, and me and my friend spend math doing our mocks and playing the "Where did he go game" ie steve smith. utah.

Boston
04-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Why would this bother you? Not everybody "knows" :P as much about the draft as you/we do.

Da Big Harv
04-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Im 15 and a 9th grader, and me and my friend spend math doing our mocks and playing the "Where did he go game" ie steve smith. utah.
Sad thing is i made mocks in math this year too and ended up failing the class. mhmm

04-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Sad thing is i made mocks in math this year too and ended up failing the class. mhmm

Yea i have an A-. we traded our mocks so no cheating could happen.

ny10804
04-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Today I told a kid at my school that the Giants had signed LaVar Arrington, and he got excited...

Fred Savage
04-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Yes, nothing in the world makes me more pissed, not even Novt9.

04-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Today I told a kid at my school that the Giants had signed LaVar Arrington, and he got excited...

A kid at my school bet me 10 bucks Jimmy Williams would go top 10.

04-26-2006, 06:56 PM
I only hate it when they try to act like they know what they're talking about.. and say something stupid and you have to correct them about how wrong they are and it makes it awkward.

"What about that kid, what's his name... Omar Jacobs? I hear he could go top 10"

"Uh... No dude, people said that about a year ago, now he won't go before the 4th round..."

ATLDirtyBirds
04-26-2006, 06:59 PM
My friends like to base their personally feelings into facts. Like my friend thinks that Eddie George is the best running back EVER. Stuff like that gets me mad. And also when people argue agaisnt me, and dont have a clue.

RexGrossmans-cheesecake
04-26-2006, 07:57 PM
YES!!!! I remeber the day the Rosebowl was going to be played, everyone was like "USC or Texas?" I swear, I was the only one who said Texas. I remeber once, before the Bears play-off game in my homeroom class, these know-it-alls were talking about the Bears. It was just about how Brian Urlacher and Nathan Vasher is so great, so I join in, and talk about other players and they all thought I was crazy.

CB newt
04-26-2006, 07:59 PM
What's worse is when they are such total homers and look at espn's depth chart and think ever starter on their team is a god. Then these jags go onto boards and spam up threads like the NFC East thread

CalBears99
04-26-2006, 08:02 PM
It's f***ing annoying when someone thinks they know a lot about sports, and then a situation like that comes up and you prove to them that they don't know s*** and they refuse to acknowledge their stupidity.

WMD
04-26-2006, 08:14 PM
I don't care if I get asked a question...

My friend acts like he knows about Football a little because he plays Madden a lot... Also, for no reason, I sent him an Email and said something about D'Brickashaw Ferguson... and then the next time I saw him I said something about D'Brick, and he tried to correct me on the pronunciation of his name "D'Brick-Shaw".. I usually just let him think what he thinks..

He also used to think Edgerrin James name was pronounced "Edgar-in".. I had to correct that very quickly because it was very annoying.

therock6000
04-26-2006, 08:37 PM
No...I love it...I let them give their opinions on how awesome DJ Shockley is...then I drop the reality bomb and watch them weep. :twisted:

steelersfan43
04-26-2006, 08:38 PM
its only frustrating if they act like they know everything theres no reason to get mad at someone just for asking a seamingly ovious question to you

CB newt
04-26-2006, 08:45 PM
No...I love it...I let them give their opinions on how awesome DJ Shockley is...then I drop the reality bomb and watch them weep. :twisted:

When you get a new avi can I have that one, it's insane.

04-26-2006, 09:03 PM

Turtles and boobs rule.

70challenger457
04-26-2006, 09:09 PM
its only frustrating if they act like they know everything theres no reason to get mad at someone just for asking a seamingly ovious question to you
hey man you took my quote. I just shortened it.

elway777
04-26-2006, 09:32 PM
most of my friends are on my high school football team already so they might not know alot about the prospects but there interested in the draft and always ask me about certain players and who there teams want,...i did find it funny today when i heard a person in class tell the teacher that oakland was getting reggie bush and texans would have vince young

therock6000
04-26-2006, 09:54 PM

Turtles and boobs rule.

Absolutely...but I'm not ready just yet to change it. :D

iworshipbender
04-26-2006, 09:55 PM
what about mine?

CB newt
04-26-2006, 09:56 PM
what about mine?

Stunning but rock's just makes me laugh every time.

04-26-2006, 09:58 PM
what about mine?

Love the avy but the sig just annoying if you find mutliple @#@@ and line them up.... :shock: