PDA

View Full Version : Chris Long to wear #72

holt_bruce81
05-01-2008, 07:10 PM
This according to Bernie Miklasz

get ready for more Grant Wistrom comparisons.

nfrillman
05-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah, the Grant Wistrom comparisons will really run amuck now. Other than being white and having high motors there aren't a lot of similarities though. And why is it that only white players seem to be called "high motor", which is often a nice way of knocking one's athleticism. I remember when every white WR was compared to Ricky Proehl. I actually remember watching a Rams game and the announcer said, "Kevin Curtis is a lot like Ricky Proehl, he's not the fastest guy, but he's real crafty." Talk about not knowing sh*t about a player and just falling back on a stereotype, Curtis is usually the fastest player on the field. Anyways, yeah, the Wistrom comparison will start flying. I don't know what other numbers were available, but I would have picked something else if I were him.

holt_bruce81
05-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Well nevermind, he's wearing #72 now.

PackerLegend
05-06-2008, 12:15 AM
lol that was a fast change. I like all D-linemen in the 90's but the Packers have Kampman-74 and Jenkins-77 so 70's have grown on me. Hopefully for you guys hell turn out like Howie.

NGSeiler
05-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Well nevermind, he's wearing #72 now.

Glad I've been waiting on ordering the jersey.

nfrillman
05-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Haha, yeah, but it could have been a novelty item. People would be looking at you thinking, "Who the hell is #98 Long?"

NFLBUDDAH1
05-23-2008, 02:53 AM
The first time Chris Long plants plants Alex Smith's head into the ground like an oversize turnip, no one will care what number he has.....

GO THE RAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nfrillman
05-23-2008, 02:35 PM
The first time Chris Long plants plants Alex Smith's head into the ground like an oversize turnip, no one will care what number he has.....

GO THE RAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He isn't going to wear #98. This is an old thread.