PDA

View Full Version : LB Brooks in trouble

StripedWalrus
05-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Well as soon as things look good with our LB corp...Brooks goes out and allegedly punches a woman in the face....

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10808213

I hope it isnt true...because if it is, I am just plain tired of it! STOP PUNCHING PEOPLE!

Geo
05-01-2008, 10:32 PM
As tempting as it may be at times, punching women in their faces is not the correct course of action.

Well, this certainly makes the Rivers pick look all the more better, no?

Beans
05-01-2008, 10:33 PM
oh damn i saw this thread on the front page and thought you were talking about derrick brooks

i was like, 'what'

StripedWalrus
05-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Haha If Derrick Brooks Punched a woman he would receive a medal since he isnt a Bengal.

PalmerToCJ
05-01-2008, 11:08 PM
I can take drugs or some of the various dumb things that happen but I can't stand this stuff.

This pisses me off.

StripedWalrus
05-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Im hoping that its all fake...maybe the woman is lying about it...who knows. Something tells me the charges will be dropped and the story will blow over.

PalmerToCJ
05-01-2008, 11:46 PM
You never know I guess but... well.... you'd rather it never come up.

Brothgar
05-02-2008, 12:31 AM
When did Brooks start playing for the steelers aren't the Bengals stomping on their turf? I thought the Bengals were more non violent offenders.

BengalMedic
05-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Well, if you hated the Rivers pick initially, you might want to be rethinking your stance now. I can't say one way or another if he is GUILTY of this or not, but if he did do this, IT'S BEYOND STUPID.

I just can't understand how people in the position they are in as NFL players making some of the money they do constantly find themselves dead in the middle of trouble. I mean can't you find something else more productive to do outside of punching some woman in the face ?? Go buy a new car or something for Christ's sake or maybe a new house for your mom...

StripedWalrus
05-02-2008, 12:58 PM
I know if I was making multi million dollars a year for a football team...I would be working out non stop in order to make myself better and earn more money when my contract is up. I wouldn't be out Mike Tysoning up the city of Cincy or any other northern Kentucky towns. I'd buy my momma a new house and a new car. Then I would literally live at the Bengals stadium so I am constantly in the zone! I know thats a little over the edge...but then again, paying someone multi millions to play a game is over the edge too.

trekindude
05-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Say it ain't so, and I was all high on our prospects this year, and he goes acts like a 16 year old. I mean your 22 years old and have millions of dollars. Why would you punch a woman in the face? Maybe watch some TV, see some friends. Build a bar in your house if you wanna get drunk, but travelling out of your way somewhere, and then getting violent. It just defies logic.

PalmerToCJ
05-02-2008, 02:52 PM
When did Brooks start playing for the steelers aren't the Bengals stomping on their turf? I thought the Bengals were more non violent offenders.

lol I know... Ours grab a drink or 20, head out driving or they buy beer for underage girls and pee on them.

The Steelers are the wife beaters of the league.

mikehop05
05-02-2008, 02:58 PM
lol I know... Ours grab a drink or 20, head out driving or they buy beer for underage girls and pee on them.

The Steelers are the wife beaters of the league.

ouch.

i personally find it funny that any bungals fan is trashing the steelers and their off the field issues...

themaninblack
05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
god damnit I really hope this isn't true. He could be our best player if he can keep it together.

PalmerToCJ
05-02-2008, 08:56 PM
ouch.

i personally find it funny that any bungals fan is trashing the steelers and their off the field issues...

You missed the part where I drilled our guys first. It just annoys me that the Steelers have a good amount of guys involved in domestic abuse yet no one talks about it.

The one thing about this is our season didn't rely on Brooks at all. Although our D's potential has a MUCH higher ceiling with him out there. It would suck if he got cut.

rickscott
05-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Obviously something happened, but I'm willing to bet it wasn't quite like Miss Innocence stated.

If our big tough MLB at 260 lbs can punch a little woman in the face and she doesn't need to be hospitalized, then he can't hit a lick anyway.

StripedWalrus
05-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Maybe all this Marvin Harrison stuff will cause the woman beating to be overshadowed.

PalmerToCJ
05-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Obviously something happened, but I'm willing to bet it wasn't quite like Miss Innocence stated.

If our big tough MLB at 260 lbs can punch a little woman in the face and she doesn't need to be hospitalized, then he can't hit a lick anyway.

This is true. If Ahmad decked me I'd be in trouble lol. Who knows. Henry got screwed over once before.

hobbes2053
05-03-2008, 02:43 AM
i really hope this is not true. he is most likely one of the best athletes on our team and we need him to make our LB core one of the most feared in the league.

themaninblack
05-03-2008, 05:17 AM
Really even if it turns out that he is blamed for this I doubt it rly hurts his playing career much. I just hope that he is man enoufgh to see thru this regardless of the outcome.

themaninblack
05-05-2008, 12:10 PM
the woman who is claiming this filed her police report 3 WEEKS after the incident happened. That sounds pretty fishy to me.

PalmerToCJ
05-05-2008, 01:12 PM
the woman who is claiming this filed her police report 3 WEEKS after the incident happened. That sounds pretty fishy to me.

Yeah... If some football player decked my wife you better believe I would end up getting the **** kicked out of me and the cops would've been called... Things aren't adding up.

Remember when Odell got in the 'fight' with the two guys who wanted money out of him and filed like 2 weeks after... Then Henry 'attacked' those two kids randomly. As if it's not hard enough already for our players to stay out of trouble they get blamed for stuff they didn't even do (not saying this is for sure the case with Ahmad but I wouldn't doubt it).