PDA

View Full Version : Which Players would you Draft with these Depth Charts ?

Monty11
05-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Hello, i am playing in a EA Sports Madden08 League.

In the last few days i tradet a lot.

In the upcoming Draft i will have the
1st & 2nd Overallpick and also the 23 and 37 Overallpick.

What should i do with the Picks ?
Which Players would the Expert (YOU!?) pick ?
The Depth Chart is not up to date - but the only Players which where tradet for the Draftpicks are Santonio Holmes and Lito Sheppard !

here is the Depth Chart of my Team (http://fgml.obda.net/team/roster.html?id=467)

Excuse my bad English !
Greetings from Germany.
Monty

WMD
05-01-2008, 08:15 PM
That team is pretty good.. If I were you, I'd take Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey. With #23 and #37, go for a WR and a Linebacker.

MetSox17
05-01-2008, 08:29 PM
You got rid of Brodrick Bunkley?!?!

And at this rate, you'll have a 6700 rep by the time you have 100 posts!

Nice work!

BaLLiN
05-01-2008, 09:27 PM
That team is pretty good.. If I were you, I'd take Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey. With #23 and #37, go for a WR and a Linebacker.

yea i agree with that, you really need a WR bad though.

RCAChainGang
05-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Nice team! You do need a wide out.

catcher_0_3
05-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Well I don't think that SS is an important enough position to take at 1 or 2, but I would look at one later. I would definitely take Glen Dorsey with one of the first 2 picks. I would even maybe take a look at DMC, he would be a beast on Madden and Westbrook will be getting old soon.

neko4
05-01-2008, 10:11 PM
what he said, get Dline! kearse is old, and you have no second DT. Howd you get those picks anyway?

DragonFireKai
05-01-2008, 10:13 PM
what he said, get Dline! kearse is old, and you have no second DT. Howd you get those picks anyway?

This is Madden, Kearse will play every down and never drop in speed for another five seasons. He needs a DT, but DE is set.

WMD
05-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Trade one of those later picks for a WR. Try for Roy Williams or something.

DragonFireKai
05-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Trade one of those later picks for a WR. Try for Roy Williams or something.

Once again, it's Madden, go for Calvin Johnson, he'll be a 99 overall in no time.

Also, your avatar terrifies me.

Monty11
05-02-2008, 02:31 AM
@ neko 4
Howd you get those picks anyway?

i get the First Overall with these Trade

Ravens send:
- 1st Roundpick - 01 pick (Ravens) 08
- 2nd Roundpick -05 pick (Packers) 08

Eagles send:
- CB Lito Sheppard 96er Overall - 26 Jahre alt - 3 Jahresvertrag - Cap.Pen. 6 Mio. - NFL Team Philadelphia Eagles
- WR Santonio Holmes 80er Overall - 23 Jahre alt - 3 Jahresvertrag - Cap. Pen. 1,2 Mio. - NFL Team Pittsburgh Steelers
- 6 Rounder -16 pick (Eagles) 08
- CB Macklin 80er Overall - 29 Jahre alt - 1 Jahresvertrag - KEIN Cap. Pen. - NFL Team St. Louis Rams
- RG Hicks 80er Overall - 27 Jahre alt - 1 Jahresvertrag - Cap.Pen. 280 K - NFL Team Minnesota Vikings

I think i will pick DeSean Jackson with the 2nd Roundpick.

Thanks for your Comments.

Greetings from Germany

Monty11

Wootylicous
05-02-2008, 11:09 AM
I love you Monty.

Monty11
05-02-2008, 11:57 AM
what did you think.
should i pick Dorsey & McFadden or
should i pick Dorsey & Long, Mayo or Rivers...
and then with the 23th Pick RB Mendenhall ?

Which QB is better Henne, Brohm or Flacco?

Monty11
05-02-2008, 11:58 AM
@ Wo_oT88

I LOVE YOU 2

DraftKidWonder
05-02-2008, 05:02 PM
what did you think.
should i pick Dorsey & McFadden or
should i pick Dorsey & Long, Mayo or Rivers...
and then with the 23th Pick RB Mendenhall ?

Which QB is better Henne, Brohm or Flacco?

With #1, I'd take Glenn Dorsey. #2 I'd take Run DMC, like you said. At #23, take Limas Sweed. If you like fast guys take Devin Thomas. With 37, pick Tyrell Johnson and let him take over for Considine.

Strictly my opinion though.

Monty11
05-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Are there some other opinion´s ?

Gay Ork Wang
05-04-2008, 06:20 AM
GERMAN MADDEN LEAGUE, damn i didnt see that...

well id actually try to get Jake Long, there are tons of good RBs out there. the other pick Chris or Dorsey, depends on what u do. If u play madden, u have to put the better DE at the LE cause the get way more sacks ;)

GermanSaint
05-04-2008, 06:29 AM
ich bin mir nicht sicher ob ihr die erste deutsche maddenliga seit , jedoch läuft unsere auch seit ungefähr 7 jahren.

wie auch immer : ich würde stur BPA picken , um so das talentlevel auf einem hohen niveau zu halten :) einer davon sollte dann schon ein safety sein

Gay Ork Wang
05-04-2008, 06:34 AM
naja es gibt halt positionen die in madden eigentlich egal sind. WR kannste eigentlich mit allen gut umgehen, solang er schnell is und gut fangen kann. AWR gibt viel zu viele OVR Punkte. CBs, Safetys sind schwerer zu finden weil AWR da sehr wichtig ist

Sportsfan486
05-04-2008, 07:21 AM
naja es gibt halt positionen die in madden eigentlich egal sind. WR kannste eigentlich mit allen gut umgehen, solang er schnell is und gut fangen kann. AWR gibt viel zu viele OVR Punkte. CBs, Safetys sind schwerer zu finden weil AWR da sehr wichtig ist

OH MY GOD THEY'RE SPEAKING ALIEN11!11!1

Anywho.

Go with Dorsey and Rivers #1 and #2. Go with Sweed, Thomas or Jordyzzzzz Nelson with #23 AND #37, you need upgrades and depth at the wideout position. If you don't have a great returnman, and it doesn't appear that you do, go for Jackson at #37.

That draft would get you at least 2, probably 3 starters and maybe a starting return guy.

Rjspartan
05-04-2008, 07:44 AM
go dorsey with chris long then get mayo and then the best remaining WR

GermanSaint
05-04-2008, 08:00 AM

ich fahre aber mit reinen speed CB am besten . nach ein paar jahren franchise-mode explodieren die overallwerte sowieso , da fängst du dir schnell ne bombe mit einem CB unter 95 speed ein :)
die safeties steigen bei mir stets in den special teams , ich bekomme immer einen netten gegenwert nach 1-2 jahre special teams und ein paar einsätze als 5. CB .

TE sind richtig hart zu finden und auch die RBs kann man schnell austauschen. overallwerte bei OLinern sind relativ belanglos , da spielen die slider ne größere rolle ( so zumindest meine erfahrung ) . also ich würde dem maddenguru da oben eine art BPA strategie empfehlen , oder die DLine aufpolstern :)

(übrigens ist es immer noch ein jammer das man ohne großen umstand nicht gescheit rotieren lassen kann , das würde den sinn für mehr DEs auch verstärken)

OH MY GOD THEY'RE SPEAKING ALIEN11!11!1

german is the language of love ;)

Gay Ork Wang
05-04-2008, 08:42 AM
wenn du es so siehst kommts immer auf die eigene spiel art an

scottyboy
05-04-2008, 09:32 AM
I'd wait on a RB. Seriously, nab Ray Rice in round 2, and your team is set. I'd pick Long and Eric Foster picks 1 and 2, but that's just me

BaLLiN
05-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I'd wait on a RB. Seriously, nab Ray Rice in round 2, and your team is set. I'd pick Long and Eric Foster picks 1 and 2, but that's just me

LOL eric foster, then with your later round picks try to get Zuttah, Girault, Sosa, and that other Rutgers o lineman

energizerbunny
05-12-2008, 12:00 AM
since its madden, where physical attributes rule...

Dorsey and Gholston with first 2 picks

Best LB or CB with 23

Best RB with 37

PackerLegend
05-12-2008, 12:19 AM
ich fahre aber mit reinen speed CB am besten . nach ein paar jahren franchise-mode explodieren die overallwerte sowieso , da fängst du dir schnell ne bombe mit einem CB unter 95 speed ein :)
die safeties steigen bei mir stets in den special teams , ich bekomme immer einen netten gegenwert nach 1-2 jahre special teams und ein paar einsätze als 5. CB .

German just looks like you have really bad typing/spelling skills. A couple of the words stand out though like franchise mode, CB, DLINE crap like that. Me, when Im playing madden I like speed especially at RB, WR and CB.

Dam8610
05-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Are there some other opinion´s ?

You're weakest at D-Tack and OLB, so I'd take Dorsey and Mayo at the top (try to trade down from #2 a bit and pick up picks). After that, you're weak at WR, so take Sweed at 23 unless something crazy happens and a Top 15 talent is available, or someone you like a lot more. Then at 37, address your S spot, Dawkins is old, and Considine sucks. With Westbrook, you have no need for an early RB and you can get a good backup later in this deep RB class.

barreh
05-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Monty11, what system is your your madden08 league played on? How did you get your draft to be exactly the same as this years draft? your league is the type of league i would definitely love to join.

Brothgar
05-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Personally I'd go Jake Long and Glenn Dorsey or a DE (Gholston/Long) with the first 2 picks. (How the hell you got the 1st and second picks I have no idea) Just because your line will be anchored for years to come lets face it Runyan (sp?) is old and so is Thomas so you have a keen gift that I wouldn't blow. Then Devin Thomas or Limus Sweed with your next pick. Then Matt Forte or Chris Johnson (I forget how long Madden allows RBs to survive) or a DE/OLB like Groves.

Freddy G
05-12-2008, 12:16 PM

Excusez-moi, mais les filles amour francais la plus.

Gay Ork Wang
05-12-2008, 12:25 PM
French is the language of the homosexuals :D ask Woot

TheBuffaloBills
05-12-2008, 06:35 PM
People have been coming up to me lately saying.... Hey Mike, Is their anyway I could trade my 32nd overall pick for the 1st overall.... My response is simple... Just turn off the trade deadline, and BEFORE you simulate any wild card games just make the trade... Some times I can trade my 32nd overall pick for someone elses 1st 2nd and 3rd round pick..... Your Welcome

Monty11
05-22-2008, 03:51 AM
would you Pick Gholston or Dorsey on Position 1 with this Depth Charts ?
Or would you Pick both of them - and let go Run DMC away ?

http://fgml.obda.net/team/roster.html?id=467

Yatta!
05-22-2008, 04:00 AM
would you Pick Gholston or Dorsey on Position 1 with this Depth Charts ?
Or would you Pick both of them - and let go Run DMC away ?

http://fgml.obda.net/team/roster.html?id=467

Definitely get Dorsey and probably McFadden. Looks like you could do with help at WR and LB as well.

Addict
05-22-2008, 05:31 AM
Definitely get Dorsey and probably McFadden. Looks like you could do with help at WR and LB as well.

WR has little going for it, maybe Dexter Jackson is useful with his speed (especially in madden) but LB's is pretty limited talent-wise.

trkaline
05-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Lederhousen bratwurst DMC beer von saurkraut....im a man of many talents.

Monty11
05-24-2008, 04:22 AM
A Tradeoffer that received me .....

to Philly: A. J. Hawk (Overall 91)
for the 2nd Overallpick ?

Is that a fair deal ?
What do you think about A.J. Hawk ?
Is he better than Vernon Gholston ?

scottyboy
05-24-2008, 06:10 AM
A Tradeoffer that received me .....

to Philly: A. J. Hawk (Overall 91)
for the 2nd Overallpick ?

Is that a fair deal ?
What do you think about A.J. Hawk ?
Is he better than Vernon Gholston ?

if you're playing a 4-3, I'd do that in a heartbeat. A 3-4 and I have to really think about it. But I'd do it. I am a Hawk fan, but he's proven stuff in the NFL already. But in Madden, he will be slower than Gholston... interesting decision

Yatta!
05-24-2008, 07:21 AM
if you're playing a 4-3, I'd do that in a heartbeat. A 3-4 and I have to really think about it. But I'd do it. I am a Hawk fan, but he's proven stuff in the NFL already. But in Madden, he will be slower than Gholston... interesting decision

I'd take Hawk, he's a beast on Madden and I wouldn't be worried about his speed. He is very quick on Madden (87ish) but obviously I don't know what Gholston's will be like.

GermanSaint
05-24-2008, 09:18 AM
German just looks like you have really bad typing/spelling skills. A couple of the words stand out though like franchise mode, CB, DLINE crap like that. Me, when Im playing madden I like speed especially at RB, WR and CB.

for my likes , i hate to play with RBs that are too fast.
i do a much better job , hitting the hole and waiting for the blocks to develop with a 88 ish speed Guy. most running plays in madden , that are designed to go far away from the OTs are doomed from the beginning. so i prefer RBs with good carrying and breaktackle stats.
My WRs are always big and good leapers , so i kill the defense through the middle. (its all about ball control and killing the clock :D )
iam with you with the CBs , in madden there speed is much more important than awareness , i think. so there are pretty raw speedish rookies who shut down and good veterans with good awareness getting toasted by bombs again and again.

Xonraider
05-24-2008, 02:38 PM

No, german is the language of ''are you mad at me or do you want me to pass you the butter?''

TheIncredibleDraftDude
05-24-2008, 08:55 PM
I would draft Java Ambra, a guy from my school who is almost 300 pounds and runs a 4.45... hezza freako

StripedWalrus
05-26-2008, 02:18 PM
As said before, Hawk is a Beast in Madden barring he doesnt get any injuries. Whenever I decide to do a fantasy draft before starting a franchise I always pick up Hawk. He usually progresses well too. I think the last time I played Madden I simulated a few seasons out and Hawk won the Defensive Player of the year two consecutive years in a row. It seems everytime I simulate it out he ends up doing well in one way or another.

I would take the Hawk trade and maybe try to get something else with it. Maybe the Person offering Hawk would give way with a draft pick. Never hurts to try and get more. But Hawk would be a great addition and would probably have a quicker effect on the team than Gholston, Rivers, or Mayo.

Your first pick should definantly be spent on Dorsey. You need a DT more than anything. The DT class wasnt as deep as the WR class and you can snag a WR in round 2 or possibly 3. WR prospects in Madden tend to make more of a contribution early than they do in real life. Most Likely you can grab a good WR in the second and not have to worry about it.

If the Hawk Trade falls through I would attempt to trade back a little rather than make a reach on LB at the #2 pick. Grab Rivers or Mayo with that second First round pick.

I wouldnt even think RB in this draft. Westbrook has many good years left in Madden so spending you picks on RB would be a waste. That is unless you are wanting to use Westbrook to barter future trades.

So to give a quick recap
#1 Dorsey
#2 trade for hawk or trade back to draft Rivers or Mayo
#23 WR
#37 WR or FS in order to give either more depth at WR or more Depth at FS. Get best player available at the two positions.

Later with other draft picks give Depth to you Dline and DB. Remember that Off the field troubles dont matter in madden... so you don't have to worry about stuff like that. =) But you will have to draft multiple WR in this draft since you traded off Holmes. Just remember though....Mediocre Receivers can do well in madden with a good QB.

Monty11
05-26-2008, 02:58 PM
@ StripedWalrus
Thanks a lot for this great Infos !

StripedWalrus
05-26-2008, 03:58 PM
@ StripedWalrus
Thanks a lot for this great Infos !

no prob m8. I just hope it all works out!

LonghornsLegend
05-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Monty is this league being simulated or played by each player? It makes a difference how I would build my team knowing if the will be simulated or played by me.

Monty11
05-27-2008, 03:02 PM
This league is based on EA Sports Madden 08 played by each player.

barreh
05-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Monty11, what system is your your madden08 league played on? How did you get your draft to be exactly the same as this years draft? your league is the type of league i would definitely love to join.

Monty11
05-28-2008, 01:56 PM
@barreh
we play the PC Version of the Game.

Here are the Trades i made to the the two Toppicks:
Ravens send:
- 1st Roundpick - 01 pick (Ravens) 08 (this is the First Overall)
- 2nd Roundpick -05 pick (Packers) 08

Eagles send:
- CB Lito Sheppard 96er Overall - 26 Jahre alt - 3 Jahresvertrag - Cap.Pen. 6 Mio. - NFL Team Philadelphia Eagles
- WR Santonio Holmes 80er Overall - 23 Jahre alt - 3 Jahresvertrag - Cap. Pen. 1,2 Mio. - NFL Team Pittsburgh Steelers
- 6 Rounder -16 pick (Eagles) 08
- CB Macklin 80er Overall - 29 Jahre alt - 1 Jahresvertrag - KEIN Cap. Pen. - NFL Team St. Louis Rams
- RG Hicks 80er Overall - 27 Jahre alt - 1 Jahresvertrag - Cap.Pen. 280 K - NFL Team Minnesota Vikings

and this Deal to the the 2nd Overallpick

to Tampa wechselt:
Gaines Adams, RE , 24 Jahre, OVA 83, 5 Years Contract, 1,70 Mio. Cap Penalty,
1st Round Draftpick Eagles

to Philadelphia:
1st Round Draftpick 2nd Overallpick
5th Round Draftpick

BBIB
06-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Are the ratings based off of Madden 09 ratings?

Take Gholston by far!

Put Gholston at DE and he is a monster. He will be flirting with 90 overall as a rookie.

On that game he has strength of Kampman and Mario Williams with the speed of Jason Taylor.