PDA

View Full Version : Name Top 2009 Prospects from your Fav. College Team

BallerT1215
05-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Top 3-5 players from your college team that could be big time come next April and why?

For me, Fav. team = FSU (I gave 6 people because I am a homer)

S Myron Rolle - Automatic 1st rnder - People who have S's above him will change their mind by season's end.

WR Greg Carr - 6'6 TD Monster - Will be looked at the same way as Hardy and has developed the short route as well

DT Paul Griffin - The next 1ST ROUND DT from FSU - The kid is a monster but has been hurt and will take it to the next level - Also a workout freak, He benched more reps than Gholston at our Spring workouts.

RB Antone Smith - Terrific speed and strength - Only 5'9 but can bench over 400LBS for an example of his strength - Will be the first FSU RB since Dunn to go over 1000 yds if he stays healthy - Had 800+ and Missed 2 1/2 games last season

ILB Derek Nicholson - Better than his brother AJ and no baggage unlike his brother..Terrific Tackler (Not a playmaker like Ernie Sims though, more like a Buster Davis who will rack up the tackles and always around the Ball)

DE Everette Brown - Hybrid DE that will rival Kamerion Wimbley when he came out after his senior year - Terrific sack artist (down year with 6 last year) but also very good at stopping the run..

Players to watch : Dekoda Watson, Tony Carter, Corey Surrency (Juco)

YAYareaRB
05-02-2008, 12:45 AM

You should add my boy Tavares Pressely RB, from the same JUCO as Surrency

Locc*
05-02-2008, 12:51 AM
worrell williams
syd'quan thompson
zack follett
anthony felder
alex mack

LonghornsLegend
05-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Sergio Kindle easily...I always have one Longhorn I really love each draft, Finley was the guy this past draft, next year its Kindle...He has all the tools you want in a LB, he was a beast at RB and Safety in high school, just an incredible athlete and I love him as a prospect.

holt_bruce81
05-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Obvious ones from Mizzou....

FS William Moore
QB Chase Daniel
WR Jeremy Maclin
TE Chase Coffman

Names everyone will know by the end of the season....

CB Carl Gettis
LB Sean Weatherspoon
WR Denario Alexander

The Worldofx
05-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Likely draftees.

1. Brian Cushing (SLB) Senior
2. Rey Maualuga (MLB) Senior
3. Taylor Mays (FS) Junior
4. Clay Matthews (DE/OLB) Senior
5. Fili Moala (DT) Senior
6. Cary Harris (CB) Senior
7. Kevin Ellison (SS) Senior
8. Kyle Moore (DE) Senior
9. Josh Pinkard (CB/S) Senior
10. Jeff Byers (OG) Senior
11. Kaluka Maiava (WLB) Senior
12. Patrick Turner (WR) Senior

Solomon
05-02-2008, 01:47 AM

FS William Moore
QB Chase Daniel
WR Jeremy Maclin
TE Chase Coffman

CB Carl Gettis
LB Sean Weatherspoon
WR Denario Alexander

I've been really impressed with DT Evander Hood when healthy. DE Stryker Sulak is also an intriguing prospect for the later rounds.

SMoore
05-02-2008, 06:04 AM
for psu

Andrew Quarless - TE - JR
Derrick Williams - WR - SR
Maurice Evans - DE - JR

And Sean Lee is out for the year and will most likely RS, or else he would easily top this list.

DragonFireKai
05-02-2008, 06:18 AM
OSU

Sammie Stroughter
Jerremy Perry
Al Afalava
Victor Butler
Brandon Hughes
Someone will get conned into picking up Keenan Lewis.

Sportsfan486
05-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Travis Beckum is probably the Badgers' lone day 1 prospect right now. I don't think we really have any athletic freaks, either (we ARE Wisconsin, after all) so I doubt anyone else will jump into that round 1/2 discussion. We have lots of mid day 2 guys, though.

SKim172
05-02-2008, 07:04 AM
For Rutgers, same situation as usual - a lot of late-rounder/sleeper talent:

SS Courtney Greene - the lone first day prospect
WR Tiquan Underwood - could be first day with a big senior season
QB Mike Teel
DE Jamaal Westerman

georgiafan
05-02-2008, 07:57 AM
DT Jeff Owens - 6'3 298 - A 2nd/3rd round pick

FB Brannon Southerland - 6'0 240 - Excellent blocker and short yardage back should be the #1 FB

OLB/ILB - Dannell Ellerbee - 6'1 232 - Had 93 tackles, 12. TFL, 4.5 sacks in first year starting

WR Mohamed Massaquoi - 6'2 198 - Not a elite prospect, but should get drafted

TE Tripp Chandler - 6'6 263 - Struggled with drops early on, but improved by mid season

S C.J Byrd - 6'2 193 - Former 5 star recruit who started for the 1st time last year. He needs to make more plays to help his draft stock

DE Jeremy Lomax - 6'4 247 - He turned it around last year and is the favorite to replace Marcus Howard.

*QB Matthew Stafford - 6'3 237 -

**HB Knowshon Moreno - 5'11 207 -

*CB Asher Allen - 5'10 190 -very good tackler could leave after next year

*DT Geno Atkins - 6'1 290 - Had 14.5 TFL and 7.5 sacks from the DT position and only started half the games

*DT Kade Weston - 6'5 315 - Has a NFL body doubtful he comes out next year

**S Reshard Jones - 6'2 203 - A guy nobody knows yet but he should have a breakout year. He had 57 tackles, 2 interceptions as a backup last year.

* junior
** redshirt sophmore

rockio42
05-02-2008, 07:57 AM

FS William Moore
QB Chase Daniel
WR Jeremy Maclin
TE Chase Coffman

CB Carl Gettis
LB Sean Weatherspoon
WR Denario Alexander

Hell yah Mizzou, I think Weatherspoon is going to shoot up draft boards

duckseason
05-02-2008, 08:11 AM
S Patrick Chung-
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/9728/chungeq4.jpg
This 4-year starter is a very experienced, intelligent leader who has ideal size and athleticism for the pro game. A coaches-player who learns quickly and knows what's expected of him. Leads by example. Not flashy. Could play either Safety position, but his talents would probably be best utilized at SS. His perceived speed will ultimately determine how far he ascends draft boards. Probably a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder.

LT Fenuki Tupou-
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/7204/tupough7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Playing in his first full season at the D1 level this past year, Tupou steadily went from good to great over the course of the season. With excellent size and above-average athleticism, Tupou's ceiling is very high. Those who view George Selvie as a top prospect need to take a look at the tape of last year's Sun Bowl. There's no limit on how high this guy's stock could rise over the course of next season. This is the guy that hardcore draft-niks should have their eye on next year when they watch Duck games.

C Max Unger-
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5121/ungernh1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
This guy is well known and can play any position on the line. Played LT for two years before being moved to center by necessity. Often moves on to make a second block after taking his man out of the play. Understands leverage and what it takes to create large holes. Whether he ends up being selected as a ZBS LT or a Center, he will surely excel at the next level. One of the most athletic and intelligent linemen in all of college football. Could improve a bit as a leader out there. Still has a bit to learn at the Center position when it comes to calling his reads, which is understandable considering '07 was the first time he ever played the position. His projected draft position will obviously depend on what position teams are projecting him for. Could go as high as the first, but I think 2nd or 3rd is more likely. Very versatile, safe pick, but some mocksters are probably overrating his stock a bit as of now. I saw one that had him going top 10. Not gonna happen.

RB Jeremiah Johnson-
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1788/johnsonoa3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Despite playing beneath the shadow cast by Jonathan Stewart for the past few years, many who follow the Ducks closely feel as though Johnson is actually the better fit for the Oregon offense. No question Stewart is the better overall back and NFL prospect, but Johnson is quicker and has shown better ability to play in space. Outstanding jukes/agility. Loves to utilize a lethal stiffarm. Runs with ferocity and a sense of urgency. Is very aware of his surroundings and anticipates contact well. Can be impatient at times when it comes to waiting for his blocks to develop. Missed much of '07 with a torn ACL but is recovering nicely. Will be featured heavily in '08, and has been quoted as saying that he plans to run with more power, especially in the redzone. It's tough to project how scouts will see him, but I do know that he's faster than Stewart so you can count on something in the 4.4's at the combine. If Felix can go in rd1, so can Johnson. But I think he's likely to fall to the 3rd or somewhere thereabouts. His stock seems very fluid at this point. Won't put up huge numbers this year unless Blount goes down.

WR Jaison Williams-
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8457/williamspq7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
The most frustrating player on our team this past year, Jaison has a rare combination of size and speed. He gets open with ease, but has struggled mightily with his hands and concentration. When he does manage to bring the ball in, he does a very good job of picking up extra yardage. Very tough to tackle, and deceptively fast. Route-running could use some work, but he innovates well and is often open multiple times on the same play. His ability to create separation will help propel him to the top of this WR class. Can make a lot of money this year if he can overcome the dropsies. In short, his strengths/weaknesses are similar to those of Terrell Owens.

SMoore
05-02-2008, 08:13 AM
i really like patrick chung, i was dissapointed he didn't come out this year

massaf1
05-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Aaron Curry - OLB
Alphonso Smith - CB
Chip Vaughn - SS
Sam Swank - K

Byrd430
05-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Some top names from Gainesville:

QB Tim Tebow (6'3, 235) --- Probably gonna be a hard one to scout, but he's a tough player who can run right at ya. Wonder if he may be discredited because of Alex Smith's performance in the league though.

WR Percy Harvin (5'11, 180) --- A Steve Smith type-player who can get the ball on screens and short routes and can take it deep down the field at any time. He sometimes runs out of the running back slot and is a playmaker.

TE Cornelius Ingram (6'4, 230) --- Has been all around the field for the Gators throughout his career, but has settled in nicely at the tight end spot. He can't really block that well, but he's a kind of TE/WR that a lot of teams are looking for these days.

ILB Brandon Spikes (6'3, 245) --- I feel Spikes is one of the more underrated players in all of college football. He plays the run as good if not better than anyone in the league. If he can improve on anything, it'd be his coverage skills.

keylime_5
05-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Chris Wells-RB Top 10 pick
James Laurinaitis-MLB Top 10 pick
Malcolm Jenkins-CB Top 10 pick
Alex Boone-OT Round 1/2
Marcus Freeman-WLB Round 1/2
Brian Robiskie-Wr Round 2/3
Lawrence Wilson-DE Round 1-3
Steve Rehring-OG Day 2-UDFA
Todd Boeckman-QB Day 2-UDFA

All those guys could go first day though, or well rounds 1-3.

YAYareaRB
05-02-2008, 10:49 AM
OL Ciron Black
DL Tyson Jackson
OL Herman Johnson
DL Ricky Jean Francois
HB Keiland Williams

Woody56
05-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Auburn

Seniors

WR Rod Smith
RB Brad Lester
MLB Chris Evans

Juniors

RB Ben Tate
DT Sen'Derrick Marks
DE Antonio Coleman
DE Raven Gray
LB Tray Blackmon
CB Jerraud Powers
S Aairon Savage

saintsfan912
05-02-2008, 12:00 PM
OL Ciron Black
DL Tyson Jackson
OL Herman Johnson
DL Ricky Jean Francois
HB Keiland Williams

You forgot a few:

Brandon Lafell (Finally got rid of his drops complex late last year, will blow up)
Al Woods (#2 DT in the nation. Will pick up where Dorsey left off)
Darry Beckwith (All over the field. Sideline to sideline guy)
Chad Jones (Beast, nothing else to say)
Charles Alexander (If he is healthy)
Terrence Tolliver (Gonna blow up and is only a soph)
Richard Dickson (One of the best, if not the best, pass catching TEs in the nation)
Richard Murphy (Was best HB in the spring game. Most pure tailback on the team. Should have a monster year. Only a soph)
Demetrius Byrd (Was great last year, nothing should change)

BuddyCHRIST
05-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Top 3-5 players from your college team that could be big time come next April and why?

S Myron Rolle - Automatic 1st rnder - People who have S's above him will change their mind by season's end.

WR Greg Carr - 6'6 TD Monster - Will be looked at the same way as Hardy and has developed the short route as well

DT Paul Griffin - The next 1ST ROUND DT from FSU - The kid is a monster but has been hurt and will take it to the next level - Also a workout freak, He benched more reps than Gholston at our Spring workouts.

RB Antone Smith - Terrific speed and strength - Only 5'9 but can bench over 400LBS for an example of his strength - Will be the first FSU RB since Dunn to go over 1000 yds if he stays healthy - Had 800+ and Missed 2 1/2 games last season

ILB Derek Nicholson - Better than his brother AJ and no baggage unlike his brother..Terrific Tackler (Not a playmaker like Ernie Sims though, more like a Buster Davis who will rack up the tackles and always around the Ball)

DE Everette Brown - Hybrid DE that will rival Kamerion Wimbley when he came out after his senior year - Terrific sack artist (down year with 6 last year) but also very good at stopping the run..

Im a FSU student and a lifetime fan but I think your evaluations of alot of prospects is off.

Myron Rolle is tremendously overrated and played very poor last year, he takes bad angles to the ball and is not very fast and can routinely get out run. He makes very few plays in coverage as well and has below average ball skills. He's not an enforcer either, he is a sure tackler who is usually in the right place and doesn't get beat deep too often but I don't think he's a first rounder at all. I think he will run a slow 40 as well and profiles more as a WLB.

Greg Carr is one of the most overrated players to play at FSU in recent memory, he's big and is actually somewhat quick for his size but he is very weak and has below average straight line speed. But the thing that stands out about him, is for such a jump ball threat, he DOES NOT catch the ball with his hands, he'll jump to the sky and then let the ball fall into his body which causes for numerous breakups by short corners that shouldn't have a chance.

Paul Griffin is a beast, but he won't be a first rounder. He wont have had enough experience and he has some intelligence concerns as he couldn't qualify out of HS. He could be a star but he would have to explode this year.

Antone Smith is a bit of an enigma, I use to be a big fan of him and thought the O-Line was keeping him down, but our lack of running game is just as much on him. He dances too much in the whole and never stays up and tries to break tackles, he gets hit once and falls forward but thats about it. I would love to see some fire in him when he has the ball. He has the talent but I don't think he's as fast as people think either.

Nicholson and Brown are studs, Nicholson is just always around the ball and is a classic MLB or SLB in the NFL. I don't know quite how fast he is but he doesn't make many mistakes. Everette Brown has a non stop motor and can be a terror but I don't know what position he will play in the NFL. He's not nearly as big as listed (He's closer to 6'1" than 6'4") and is light for an NFL DE and he doesn't look very fluid athletically to make a switch to a rush backer.

Anyways....Here's some of my favorites from the team.

DeKoda Watson - He's a physical freak and has amazing natural instincts, when he's on the field you really notice as he is always around the ball. The way he makes an impact as a 2nd stringer reminds me of the way Lawrence Timmons did.

Patrick Robinson - Didn't start but has great physical tools and excellent ball skills as he racked up INT's this year. And don't think he got alot of INT's because the other WR's were so well covered because FSU's corners are not that great. He's strong as well and FSU has a good CB track record.

Preston Parker - He just got in trouble so his status is pending which is why I put him third, but when he's playing he's the best player on the field. Not only is he a fantastic athlete with top notch speed, quickness and strength but he played QB in HS so he is valuable on trick plays as well. He also has the best hands on the football team which is rare for someone who came to FSU as just an Athlete. But what stands out about him is his attitude and work ethic, he may have gotten into off the field trouble but on the field he is as tough as they come.

sweetness34
05-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Illinois;

Vontae Davis - I'll project him as a top 10 pick, he's got ridiculous skills. 4.3 speed, built like a safety, hits like a ton of bricks, stops the run, and has great ball skills; he's going to destroy the combine if he competes ala his brother three years ago. Sorry Malcolm, when Vontae is on his game he's the best CB in College Football.

Will Davis - I'll project him into the 2nd-3rd round as of right now. He's got the talent and the measurables, he just needs the production. Strong as an oxe, quick off the ball, can stop the run, and can get to the QB. Just needs to put up some consistent numbers and he could go late 1st if he has a very good year.

Xavier Fulton - Another guy who has the talent and needs the production, as or right now he's probably another 2nd-3rd rounder but if he has a good season with his size, talent, and upside he'll see his stock rise. There has been talk from our Rivals guy and some coaches that they believe he has first round ability if he puts it all together, I won't go that high though right now.

Brit Miller - Replaces J in the middle and has a much better chance of being drafted because he'll test better and his game translates better to the Pros. He's bigger, faster, and better in coverage. He doesn't read the game as well as J but he's got some skills. Middle rounds for him.

David Lindquist - He's got the motor, the desire, and production but he's a lot like J Leman, just doesn't wow you and scouts will question his ability to transition into the pro game. He'll be a late round pick if anything but will definitely get a free agent contract unless he can show scouts more burst off the ball, better pass rushing ability, and better sideline to sideline speed.

Derek Walker - Almost forgot him. Starts opposite Will Davis at DE. Doesn't have Will's measurables but he's ver productive, is great against the run, and has shown pass rushing ability. He'll get a lot of one on one blocking with guys like Lindquist and Brent inside which will improve his stats from last year. Middle - late round draft pick.

Michigan
05-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Michigan
Morgan Trent SR. CB (size + speed + coverage ability + experience + tackling ability + ball skills + leadership = 1st round pick)
Terrence Taylor SR. DT (up and down spring but looks in shape, solid first day pick)
Tim Jamison SR. DE (underachiever so far, but absolutely tore up spring practice and has a lot of potential)
Kevin Grady SR. RB (not sure how much PT he'll get, probably most improved player this spring)
Will Johnson SR. DT (average athleticism, productive and could get drafted)

Brandon Graham JR. DE (best Jr. prospect on team, similarities to LaMarr Woodley are striking)

Woody56
05-02-2008, 02:42 PM
You forgot a few:

Brandon Lafell (Finally got rid of his drops complex late last year, will blow up)
Richard Dickson (One of the best, if not the best, pass catching TEs in the nation)
Richard Murphy (Was best HB in the spring game. Most pure tailback on the team. Should have a monster year. Only a soph)
Demetrius Byrd (Was great last year, nothing should change)

What about Marlon Favorite.

Cribbs>Hester
05-02-2008, 04:00 PM
for psu

Maurice Evans - DE - JR

And Sean Lee is out for the year and will most likely RS, or else he would easily top this list.

Dude is a beast. I'm calling him a first rounder right now. I hope Cleveland takes him in the first round this year to be our OLB opposive Kamerion Wimbley.

trekindude
05-02-2008, 05:12 PM
South Carolina:
Kenny McKinley, WR, Sr.
Mike Davis, RB, Sr.
Eric Norwood, DE, Jr. (Doubt he comes out though)
Jasper Brinkley, LB, Sr.
Emmanuel Cook, S, Jr.
Captain Munnerlyn, CB, Jr. (God)
Ryan Succop, K, Sr.

Brinkley, McKinley and Munnerlyn are the stars, but I'd look out for Cook to attract some notice this year.

saintsfan912
05-02-2008, 05:36 PM
What about Marlon Favorite.

Him too. There are more, just no use in going through them all.

Brent
05-02-2008, 05:38 PM
There are none, unless Mike Goodson comes out. McGee sucks and anyone who thinks J-Train will be in the NFL is lying to themselves. That fatfuck has to be near 290-300, now. I had a class with him this spring and he got bigger over the course of the semester.

Tampa 2 4 life
05-02-2008, 05:40 PM
USF:
(In Order of Talent)

DE George Selvie
LB Tyrone Mckenzie(#1 on the team in Tackles the last two years Edit: Drowziness screws you up)
S Nate Allen
WR Taurus Johnson

Anyone else would be 7-UDFA

TitanHope
05-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Tennessee Vols:

DeMonte' Bolden, DT (6'5, 290) - Has all the talent you need, but he's struggled academically. His senior season will be his 2nd full season starting, and 3rd full season seeing significant playing time. The ideal 5-technique for a 3-4 team. I'd say he's a 2nd RD pick now.

Arian Foster, RB (6'1, 215) - Foster is a strong, physical back that can also receive the ball very well. Rushed for 1,193-yds and 12 TD's last season in the SEC, averaging 4.9 YPC. Also had 340-yds receiving and 2 TD's. Averaged 117.9 all-purpose yards. Has started since he was a freshman, has never missed a game, and has the program pedigree. Biggest questions would be ball security and mileage. Probably a 2nd-3rd RD pick.

Ramon Foster, RT/G (6'6, 325) - Started every game last season at RT, but has experience at G and LT too. Excellent size to add with versatility and experience. Broke a finger during warmups before the Vandy game last season, and played through it. First full season starting was last year, and was part of an OL unit that led the country is least sacks allowed, blocked for a 3,000-yd passer, and 1,000-yd rusher. Program pedigree works for him too. OL are hard to project, but I'd say 3rd-4th RD.

DeAngelo Willingham, CB/S (6'0, 200) - 5-star JUCO transfer who started 8 games last season. Has all the physical tools to play the position, and could even play FS. Good in run-support, but gave up the deep ball a few times. Should be much better this season, and is apparently having the best spring of any player. Could shoot up draft boards by adding a productive season to good workout numbers (runs a 4.4 40 in combo. with ideal size). Could be a 2nd-3rd RD pick.

Anthony Parker, LG (6'3, 300) - '07 3rd Team All-American (Rivals), and 1st Team All-SEC (Coaches, AP, Rivals). Started all 14 games last season at LG, and all 12 game in '06 at RG. Was part of an OL unit that led the country is least sacks allowed, blocked for a 3,000-yd passer, and 1,000-yd rusher. Program pedigree works for him too. Great pass-blocker who may best project to LG. Another OL prospect out of UT. Again, hard to project, but probably a 4th-5th RD pick.

Robert Ayers, DE (6'3, 270) - Ayers may improve his stock the most out of all the UT players. He didn't start a game last season, but still tallied 34 TOT's, 12 TFL, and 4 sacks. Has great athletisicm, and could play 3-4 OLB pending his triangle numbers. Has been "unblockable" this spring, and will be the starter at DE opposite Ben Martin/Wes Brown. Could have a great year with the talented secondary helping him. He could be a 3rd RD'er or UDFA. I can't really say.

*Rico McCoy, WLB (6'1, 221) - The next great Volunteer LB. Played alongside Jerod Mayo last season in his 1st season as a starter, and still put up enough numbers to out-produce Keith Rivers (106 TOT, 1 sack, 4.5 TFL, 1 FF, 5 PD, 1 INT, game high 14 TOT). Led or tied for team lead in TOT's in 6 of 13 games last season. Outstanding athleticism. He should have another outstanding year, and would probably come out early like Mayo. Still needs to bulk up, but if he can put on 15 lbs., he's a late-1st RD pick.

*Demetrice Morely, FS (6'2, 195) - Missed entire '07 season due to academics, but has returned for his junior year after using redshirt. 5-star recruit out of HS who earned 2nd Team Freshman All-American (Rivals) and 1st Team Freshman All-SEC (Sporting News) honors. Teams up with Eric Berry to provide one of the most talented S tandems in football. Has taken on a leadership role this spring, and his athletic ability is unquestioned. As a sophomore in '06, he tallied 51 TOT's (44 solo), 1 sack, 7 TFL, 8 PD, and 2 INT's. He has the ability, but probably should stay for his senior year. If he declares, he has the ability to be a 1st Day pick in the likely talented '09 Safety class.

*Chris Scott, LT (6'5, 310) - Started 8 games at RG last season, and 6 games at LT. It was his first year starting. Has shown that he can play any position on the offensive line. Again, was the Left Tackle of a unit that allowed only 4 sacks last season season, and blocked for a 3,000-yd passer and 1,000-yd rusher. Program pedigree. Has ideal size and athleticism for the LT position. But, with next year's OT class, he should probably stay for his senior season and become one of the best LT prospects in '10. If he does declare, he could go 1st Day despite talented OT class.

That's all I got for now, and allow room for error on the Round projections as I'm not yet familiar with all the other '09 prospects.

DragonFireKai
05-02-2008, 06:03 PM
There are none, unless Mike Goodson comes out. McGee sucks and anyone who thinks J-Train will be in the NFL is lying to themselves. That fatfuck has to be near 290-300, now. I had a class with him this spring and he got bigger over the course of the semester.

Players like him always put on weight in the off season. Wait until the season starts before judging his weight.

Brent
05-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Players like him always put on weight in the off season. Wait until the season starts before judging his weight.
I think the funny thing was that he would alway talk about how he was trying to lose weight... and would then proceed to bring fast food to class. haha.

SouthernComfort
06-01-2008, 04:43 AM
Message deleted...

underscore
06-01-2008, 06:25 AM
for psu

Maurice Evans - DE - JR

Quarless may have the talent, but he is certainly not atop the list for the 2009 draft. The guy may not even start this year because he's such a bonehead.

Gerald Cadogan (LT) and AQ Shipley (C) would join Evans and Williams on that list.

scottyboy
06-01-2008, 09:11 AM
that skim guy also left out Kenny Britt who can easily be a 1st day talent if he comes out.

Sniper
06-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Michigan
Morgan Trent SR. CB (size + speed + coverage ability + experience + tackling ability + ball skills + leadership = 1st round pick)
Terrence Taylor SR. DT (up and down spring but looks in shape, solid first day pick)
Tim Jamison SR. DE (underachiever so far, but absolutely tore up spring practice and has a lot of potential)
Kevin Grady SR. RB (not sure how much PT he'll get, probably most improved player this spring)
Will Johnson SR. DT (average athleticism, productive and could get drafted)

Brandon Graham JR. DE (best Jr. prospect on team, similarities to LaMarr Woodley are striking)

I refuse to acknowledge Morgan Trent as a possible first rounder until he proves to me he can consistently lock down a WR. He still makes a lot of dumb mistakes that he shouldn't.

Greg Mathews is another possibility. A big target at WR (6'3, 210), with adequate speed and good hands. He's been stuck behind Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington for his first two years but will be the #1 guy this year for the six times per game we will throw. Doubt he comes out, but just a thought.

Don Vito
06-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Ole Miss

Potential Day 1 Picks
OT Mike Oher 6-5 325 5.1 Senior
DE Greg Hardy 6-5 260 4.7 Junior
DT Peria Jerry 6-2 305 5.1 Senior

Seniors who should be drafted
SS JaMarce Sanford 5-11 210 4.5
FB Jason Cook 6-1 245 4.7
WR Mike Wallace 6-0 190 4.4
LB Ashlee Palmer 6-2 230 4.5

Non-seniors to watch
QB Jevan Snead 6-3 220 4.7 RS Sophmore
RB Cordera Eason 6-1 240 4.6 Junior
WR Shay Hodge 6-2 205 4.5 Junior
DE Marcus Tillman 6-5 270 4.7 Junior
CB/WR/Ret. Marshay Green 5-10 185 4.4 Junior
LB Jonathan Cornell 6-1 230 4.6

CashmoneyDrew
06-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Tennessee Vols:

DeMonte' Bolden, DT (6'5, 290) - Has all the talent you need, but he's struggled academically. His senior season will be his 2nd full season starting, and 3rd full season seeing significant playing time. The ideal 5-technique for a 3-4 team. I'd say he's a 2nd RD pick now.

Arian Foster, RB (6'1, 215) - Foster is a strong, physical back that can also receive the ball very well. Rushed for 1,193-yds and 12 TD's last season in the SEC, averaging 4.9 YPC. Also had 340-yds receiving and 2 TD's. Averaged 117.9 all-purpose yards. Has started since he was a freshman, has never missed a game, and has the program pedigree. Biggest questions would be ball security and mileage. Probably a 2nd-3rd RD pick.

Ramon Foster, RT/G (6'6, 325) - Started every game last season at RT, but has experience at G and LT too. Excellent size to add with versatility and experience. Broke a finger during warmups before the Vandy game last season, and played through it. First full season starting was last year, and was part of an OL unit that led the country is least sacks allowed, blocked for a 3,000-yd passer, and 1,000-yd rusher. Program pedigree works for him too. OL are hard to project, but I'd say 3rd-4th RD.

DeAngelo Willingham, CB/S (6'0, 200) - 5-star JUCO transfer who started 8 games last season. Has all the physical tools to play the position, and could even play FS. Good in run-support, but gave up the deep ball a few times. Should be much better this season, and is apparently having the best spring of any player. Could shoot up draft boards by adding a productive season to good workout numbers (runs a 4.4 40 in combo. with ideal size). Could be a 2nd-3rd RD pick.

Anthony Parker, LG (6'3, 300) - '07 3rd Team All-American (Rivals), and 1st Team All-SEC (Coaches, AP, Rivals). Started all 14 games last season at LG, and all 12 game in '06 at RG. Was part of an OL unit that led the country is least sacks allowed, blocked for a 3,000-yd passer, and 1,000-yd rusher. Program pedigree works for him too. Great pass-blocker who may best project to LG. Another OL prospect out of UT. Again, hard to project, but probably a 4th-5th RD pick.

Robert Ayers, DE (6'3, 270) - Ayers may improve his stock the most out of all the UT players. He didn't start a game last season, but still tallied 34 TOT's, 12 TFL, and 4 sacks. Has great athletisicm, and could play 3-4 OLB pending his triangle numbers. Has been "unblockable" this spring, and will be the starter at DE opposite Ben Martin/Wes Brown. Could have a great year with the talented secondary helping him. He could be a 3rd RD'er or UDFA. I can't really say.

*Rico McCoy, WLB (6'1, 221) - The next great Volunteer LB. Played alongside Jerod Mayo last season in his 1st season as a starter, and still put up enough numbers to out-produce Keith Rivers (106 TOT, 1 sack, 4.5 TFL, 1 FF, 5 PD, 1 INT, game high 14 TOT). Led or tied for team lead in TOT's in 6 of 13 games last season. Outstanding athleticism. He should have another outstanding year, and would probably come out early like Mayo. Still needs to bulk up, but if he can put on 15 lbs., he's a late-1st RD pick.

*Demetrice Morely, FS (6'2, 195) - Missed entire '07 season due to academics, but has returned for his junior year after using redshirt. 5-star recruit out of HS who earned 2nd Team Freshman All-American (Rivals) and 1st Team Freshman All-SEC (Sporting News) honors. Teams up with Eric Berry to provide one of the most talented S tandems in football. Has taken on a leadership role this spring, and his athletic ability is unquestioned. As a sophomore in '06, he tallied 51 TOT's (44 solo), 1 sack, 7 TFL, 8 PD, and 2 INT's. He has the ability, but probably should stay for his senior year. If he declares, he has the ability to be a 1st Day pick in the likely talented '09 Safety class.

*Chris Scott, LT (6'5, 310) - Started 8 games at RG last season, and 6 games at LT. It was his first year starting. Has shown that he can play any position on the offensive line. Again, was the Left Tackle of a unit that allowed only 4 sacks last season season, and blocked for a 3,000-yd passer and 1,000-yd rusher. Program pedigree. Has ideal size and athleticism for the LT position. But, with next year's OT class, he should probably stay for his senior season and become one of the best LT prospects in '10. If he does declare, he could go 1st Day despite talented OT class.

That's all I got for now, and allow room for error on the Round projections as I'm not yet familiar with all the other '09 prospects.

Some guys to watch for that I'd add to your list are...

-Lucas Taylor, WR (6'0,185); 5-7th rd
-Josh Briscoe, WR (6'3, 183); 5-7th rd
-Josh McNeil*, C (6'4, 280); 4th-6th rd
-Jeff Cottam*, TE (6'8, 260); 4th-6th rd
-Britton Colquitt, P (6'3, 205); 7th-UDFA

badgerbacker
06-01-2008, 03:51 PM
For the Badgers somebody already said Travis Beckum is most likely our only Day one pick. Some other players to watch though...

Matt Shaughnessy DE A pretty good all around DE with decent pass rushing ability. Will have to see how he comes off his injury and how early he is able to play.

The OLBs Jonathan Casillas and DeAndre Levy. Both players are of a similar mold. Somewhat undersized but have great speed and athletic ability. Levy is a little bigger, but Casillas should hopefully blow people away at the combine with his speed. Timed as the second fastest Badger last year.

The Offensive Linemen. In likely order of draftability: Eric Vandenhuevel, Kraig Urbik, and Andy Kemp. I won't pretend to know more about these prospects than I actually do. All three have great size, but not great athletic ability. Seem to be typical Wisconsin linemen.

CB Allen Langford. I feel he's very overrated by the coaching staff as they constantly rave about him and his supposedly amazing technique. He can have all the technique he wants, but he gets beat a lot and doesn't seem to trust his ability as he gives receivers a lot of space. Ability to get beat deep and allow short stuff seems like a bad combination in my eyes. Has a lot of starting experience though, and certainly could be drafted.

QB Allan Evridge. Certainly right now hasn't proven enough to be considered draftable, but probably my favorite prospect on the Badgers. He could potentially show a lot this upcoming season. Has great physical skills: strong arm, good athletic ability, and a strong, stocky build. Will need to prove he has the accuracy and decision making ability to be successful, but if he can do that his stock could rise a lot.

PossumBoy9
06-02-2008, 11:55 AM
As a Texas Tech fan, I hope Michael Crabtree stays in school after next season, but I'm pretty sure he'll be in the '09 Draft.

He's easily the best Red Raider prospect I can ever remember.

Graham Harrell is a nice college QB and will probably be drafted late, but I'm not sure if he'll ever really stick to an NFL roster.

jbooshey
06-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Travis Beckum is probably the Badgers' lone day 1 prospect right now. I don't think we really have any athletic freaks, either (we ARE Wisconsin, after all) so I doubt anyone else will jump into that round 1/2 discussion. We have lots of mid day 2 guys, though.

Wow...glad to see you buy into the media BS that Wisconsin doesn't have great athletes.

Besides Beckum (who has bulked up to 231!), others you should look out for is Jonathan Casillas who is undersized at 226lbs, but as a LB is one of the fastest players on the team...he was at one point a supposedly 4.4 40yd dash guy. He will add more bulk when the draft comes up. Casillas is a GREAT athlete.

Depending on how Allan Everidge's lone season as a starter goes, he has a solid chance to be drafted. He will work out well (benches 400 squats 515 vertical is 35 with a 10'1" broad jump)

DeAndre Levy is the other OLB who is similar size to Casillas with less speed but much much more aggression. That isn't a knock on Casillas' aggression either.

Allen Langford has been a CB forever for UW, but his athleticism and aggression leads something to be desired.

PJ Hill if he decides to come out would be a solid 3rd down back in the NFL.

Chris Pressley is an "athletic freak". YouTube his name to see what I mean. He has a chance to be drafted in the later rounds.

Kraig Urbik's versatility to play any position on the OL will make him very valuable in NFL scout's eyes.

Eric Vanden Huevel use to pull tree stumps out of the ground by wrapping a rope around his waist in high school. He is a good RT prospect.

I'm not a huge fan of Andy Kemp as a pro prospect, but he'll get a look in the latest rounds at G.

Jason Chapman is a very good athlete but a tweener DT at 285lbs. But he has played DE as well.

Matt Shaughnessy is a good DE, but not a great one. His athleticism should get him drafted but he is only 253lbs and I don't believe a candidate for a 3-4 OLB.

StaticGator
06-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Some top names from Gainesville:

QB Tim Tebow (6'3, 235) --- Probably gonna be a hard one to scout, but he's a tough player who can run right at ya. Wonder if he may be discredited because of Alex Smith's performance in the league though.

WR Percy Harvin (5'11, 180) --- A Steve Smith type-player who can get the ball on screens and short routes and can take it deep down the field at any time. He sometimes runs out of the running back slot and is a playmaker.

TE Cornelius Ingram (6'4, 230) --- Has been all around the field for the Gators throughout his career, but has settled in nicely at the tight end spot. He can't really block that well, but he's a kind of TE/WR that a lot of teams are looking for these days.

ILB Brandon Spikes (6'3, 245) --- I feel Spikes is one of the more underrated players in all of college football. He plays the run as good if not better than anyone in the league. If he can improve on anything, it'd be his coverage skills.

A few others:

OG Jim Tartt
OT Phil Trautwein
DE Jermaine Cunningham (Jr.)
WR Louis Murphy

P.S. I think Spikes has very good coverage skills. He runs like a tight end.

thebow305
06-04-2008, 04:50 PM
For Miami (Fla.):
(Just my possible Day 1 prospects)

1. Eric Moncur, Junior, Defensive End
Probably our best shot at keeping the 1st round streak alive. This guy is an absolute animal. He is a workout warrior and one of the strongest players on the team. If you ask the defensive coaches at Miami, most of them will tell you he is as gifted as any player that has ever come through the U. Will probably end up being a better overall prospect than Calais was.

2. Jason Fox, Junior, Left Tackle
Has been a rock solid starter at Left Tackle since his TRUE Freshman season. A super athletic and gifted prospect who came to Miami as a TE/OT tweener. He is one of the most underrated OT prospects in what appears to be one of the deepest classes at that positions in years.

3. Anthony Reddick, Senior, Free Safety
Stepped in his true Freshman season and looked like the next in a long line of great Hurricane DB's and Safeties in particular. Then the next two seasons he has been sidelined by injuries. He returns this season to add leadership to a very inexperienced and playmaker-starved secondary unit.

4. Sam Shields, Junior, Wide Receiver:
An ultra-talented and highly-touted playmaking threat when he is not in the coaches doghouse. His lack of focus and will led to trouble with the coaching staff and a big-time Sophomore slump. Probably the fastest player on the team though, when healthy, running a 4.26 at last year's camp.

5. Graig Cooper, Sophomore, Running Back
Probably the team's biggest playmaker when he's on the field. Only problem is, he has trouble staying on it. His poor conditioning and frail appearance led to trouble staying on the field and getting significant PT last season. Has supposedly added 15 pounds during the offseason without losing any of his explosiveness. Appears primed and ready to team with Baby-J for a big time season.

6. Antonio Dixon, Senior, Nose Tackle
Tipping the scales at over 330 lbs, he has the ability to be very disruptive and dominating when he is healthy. He has been a bit injury prone the last couple of years, but when he is healthy and giving full effort, he has Day-One ability.

Some other guys to keep an eye on:

Javarris James, Junior, Running Back
Richard Gordon, Junior, Tight End
Dedrick Epps, Junior, Tight End/H-Back
Randy Phillips, Senior, Safety
Colin McCarthy, Junior, Outside Linebacker

BallerT, I'm interested to see why you have Myron Rolle as a 1st round LOCK? All signs point to him being Roy Williams part 2, but I think even Williams had better coverage ability at this point in Rolle's career. He is a very smart player and GREAT tackler. But he isn't a playmaker and doesn't force many interceptions. For as one-sided as he is, the first round doesn't seem like a likely destination for him. Day 1 for sure, but probably not the 1st round. In fact, I would probably take 4 safeties in front of him right now:

1. Taylor Mays
2. William Moore
3. Nic Harris (arguable considering Oklahoma's track record with Defensive Backs lately)
4. Kam Chancellor

So unless 4 or 5 safeties go in the 1st round next year, I doubt he gets in there. I could be wrong but I'm not sold on him at all.

Hwoarang
06-04-2008, 07:16 PM
You forgot a few:

Demetrius Byrd (Was great last year, nothing should change)Well Jones is a true Sophomore so he is exempt.

Take Al Woods off. He has done nothing and is no way the #2 DT in the nation. Not even top 20 to 30 at this point. He's proven nothing. He couldn't beat out a true freshman Drake Nevis when Dorsey went down.

You can take Murphy off as well He's only a soph but Miles plays upperclassman and Williams/Scott are both Juniors. They will get the load and Williams if he comes out is a 1st round talent. Williams/Scott=C. Williams/R. Brown. Maybe better but that has yet to be seen. We shall see.

Dickson is probably my fav prospect. VERY VERY GOOD pass catching TE and is a decent blocker. Not like he can't, he can just doesn't do it often. Guy has Jeremy Shockey offense potential. If this is in stride it's a TD.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e1cAbxnf9P0

BTW, Scott owning Jenkins is awesome. I might make it a .gif :p

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HgIoGMK2khg&feature=related

M.O.T.H.
06-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Gamecocks are loaded w/ NFL talent...

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/scar/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1979587.jpeg
CB Captain Munnerlyn (Jr.)
http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/munnerlyn_captain00.html

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/scar/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1985918.jpeg
ILB Jasper Brinkley (Sr.)
http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brinkley_jasper00.html

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/scar/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1979434.jpeg
S Emanuel Cook (Jr.)
http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cook_emanuel00.html

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/scar/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1986158.jpeg
WR Kenny Mckinley (Sr.)
http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mckinley_kenny00.html

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/scar/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1979603.jpeg
DE/OLB Eric Norwood (Jr.)
http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/norwood_eric00.html

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/scar/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1999597.jpeg
K Ryan Succop (Sr.)
http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/succop_ryan00.html

others to keep an eye on:

TE Jared Cook (Jr.)
RB Mike Davis (Sr.)
CB Carlos Thomas (Sr.)

dbro
06-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Well Jones is a true Sophomore so he is exempt.

Take Al Woods off. He has done nothing and is no way the #2 DT in the nation. Not even top 20 to 30 at this point. He's proven nothing. He couldn't beat out a true freshman Drake Nevis when Dorsey went down.

You can take Murphy off as well He's only a soph but Miles plays upperclassman and Williams/Scott are both Juniors. They will get the load and Williams if he comes out is a 1st round talent. Williams/Scott=C. Williams/R. Brown. Maybe better but that has yet to be seen. We shall see.

Dickson is probably my fav prospect. VERY VERY GOOD pass catching TE and is a decent blocker. Not like he can't, he can just doesn't do it often. Guy has Jeremy Shockey offense potential. If this is in stride it's a TD.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e1cAbxnf9P0

BTW, Scott owning Jenkins is awesome. I might make it a .gif :p

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HgIoGMK2khg&feature=related

And id prolly add Ricky Jean-Francois and Kieland Williams
And didnt Jones get drafted in the MLB to the Astros as a CF i thought i heard that last year during a game but idk, but the guy is a stud.

Hwoarang
06-04-2008, 08:16 PM
And id prolly add Ricky Jean-Francois and Kieland Williams
And didnt Jones get drafted in the MLB to the Astros as a CF i thought i heard that last year during a game but idk, but the guy is a stud.I feel ashamed that as an LSU fan I forgot RJF.. Def first round talent. We beat UK and Arky with RJF.. RJF has a higher ceiling than Dorsey. He's that dominate. Also Tyson Jackson although he may be a bit overrated at this point.

Jones got drafted in the 13th round but his future is in football and I think he knows it.

dbro
06-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Ah wasnt sure what he was gonna do, RJF can also play DE too, which will make him extremely valuable

saintsfan912
06-04-2008, 08:37 PM
There's no use in arguing with fellow LSU fans but Hwaorang or whatever has to be the most negative fan I have ever seen.

Hwoarang
06-04-2008, 08:42 PM
There's no use in arguing with fellow LSU fans but Hwaorang or whatever has to be the most negative fan I have ever seen.Please show me how I am remotely wrong. I'll eat crow.

saintsfan912
06-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Not saying anything is wrong because nothing is proven yet. Just saying you're negative.

Hwoarang
06-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Not saying anything is wrong because nothing is proven yet. Just saying you're negative.I'm a realist. Not negative. You anoint Al Woods the #2 best DT in the nation based on what? I call it like I see it.

saintsfan912
06-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Well according to the coaching staff he has more abilities than Dorsey. Read it in the Advocate. And I wouldn't say RJF has a higher ceiling than Dorsey did. I love him, just haven't gotten to see enough of him yet.

Hwoarang
06-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Well according to the coaching staff he has more abilities than Dorsey.
He's also about 20 lbs heavier. He could reach that potential but he's not there yet.

And I wouldn't say RJF has a higher ceiling than Dorsey did. I love him, just haven't gotten to see enough of him yet.Very true and while he can play DE too after he put on weight he moved to DT and he blew up.

He did this against the best O Line in the nation.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qX1T5VW30E8

But it is true that he couldn't beat out a true freshman. We burned a RS off the guy so he could play. Maybe the coaching staff knows something about Woods they don't want us to know about.

saintsfan912
06-04-2008, 09:13 PM
LSU relied on a steady rotation of DTs so burning a RS off of Nevis wasn't that big of a deal. When you have Alexander out for the season and Dorsey banged up you have to pull that off. Nevis didn't see a meaningful snap til Dorsey went down in the Auburn game. Al Woods played all season, just not a ton. Played more than Nevis did though. Not to mention, Nevis is an absolute monster. Guy is gonna be special. I probably went a bit overboard with the Al Woods thing but I wasn't making it up. I saw that ranking somewhere, trying to find it now.

Jonny
06-04-2008, 10:08 PM
that skim guy also left out Kenny Britt who can easily be a 1st day talent if he comes out.

Not just that. He's easily the best prospect on the team, and a likely first rounder despite most not knowing who he is right now.

yourfavestoner
06-04-2008, 11:14 PM

Myron Rolle is a poor man's Roy Williams, and that's being generous.

d34ng3l021
06-05-2008, 01:13 AM
I dont have a favorite team as of now, so here are a couple of my favorite prospects:

Matthew Stafford: Big arm, great pro potential.

Chris Wells: His vision plus athletic ability is really good.

Rey Mauguala: Very athletic and big hitter.

James Laurinaitis: Very instinctive and experienced.

Jimmy
06-05-2008, 09:32 AM
WR Jaison Williams-
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8457/williamspq7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

if jaison can rack up 80+ catches, and can prove doubters wrong about his consistency catching the easy pass, then he could go top 20, however the * will always linger, as he's going to be boom or bust no matter what, and i dont really think he's going to turn it around.

dbro
06-05-2008, 10:12 AM
^^^^
Im really looking forward to what Jaison Williams can do this year, he can be a D-1 Marques Coltson

Gchu83
06-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Texas

Seniors:
DE Brian Orakpo (6'4" 260)- Absolute beast who should have a breakout season under Muschamp

OG Cedric Dockery (6'4" 320)- Started all games as a sophomore before breaking his leg. Brother was a top pick a couple years back

DT Roy Miller (6'2" 300)- One of the strongest players on the team, should put up good numbers as a starter

Juniors:
LB Sergio Kindle (6'4" 239)- Former #1 h.s. player in Texas, has unbelievable talent and athleticism.

LB Jared Norton (6'3" 242)- Has a nose for the ball and produces every time he steps on the field.

OL Adam Ulatoski (6'8" 310)- Battled injuries since coming to UT but has great size and will be a starter come Fall

Hokie_Pokie08
06-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Virginia Tech

potential 1st round picks
S Kam Chancellor (Jr)
CB Macho Harris (Sr)
OG Sergio Render (Jr)

should get drafted
DE/OLB Orion Martin (r-Sr)

might get drafted
OG Nick Marshman (r-Sr)
QB Sean Glennon (r-Sr)
LB Brett Warren (r-Sr)
LB Purnell Sturdivant (r-Sr)

keep an eye on
DE Jason Worilds (r-So)
DT John Graves (r-So)

Shane P. Hallam
06-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Well, OSU's are fairly easy:

Chris Wells, Malcolm Jenkins, Laurinaitis, Freeman

A few people have mentioned this, but don't count out Lawrence Wilson as a first round DE talent. IF he performs on the field and overcomes his injury last year, look out. He may have similar natural talent to Gholston, with more experience.