PDA

View Full Version : Anybody think it's strange that Byron Leftwich hasn't been picked up by anybody?

ManningEnvy
05-02-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm sure it has nothing to do with him being slow, stupid, overweight and prone to getting the crap knocked out of him. Don't worry though Jag fans, I'm not implying he's a bust. Well, maybe I am.

AaronGrayisKing
05-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Harsh criticism.

Bitter Much?

JagHombre22
05-02-2008, 11:26 AM
well, it's obvious he's been a bust but it's not entirely his fault...he just couldn't stay healthy in Jax. He's got great skills as a Quarterback and that was evident in 2005 when he threw 15 td's and 5 int's before breaking his ankle.

He then went to an Atlanta team where he was on the ground every other play due to their horrible offensive line. If you're going to make a thread on why Leftwich hasn't gotten much attention in FA why don't explain why you think he's stupid and prone to getting the crap knocked out of him...

LonghornsLegend
05-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I remember when he got the start in Altanta and started off really hot then he hurt his ankle...If he goes somewhere with time to throw(obviously the slow release) he would make a very solid QB.

BigJohn98
05-02-2008, 11:34 AM
ManningEnvy is a POS.

Jakey
05-02-2008, 11:37 AM
ManningEnvy is a POS.

This is true!

Jay
05-02-2008, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't call him a bust at all. He was pretty productive and then got hurt. He didn't pan out, but calling him a bust all together is kind of bogus. I think if he could just sit in a system as a backup for a year, build up some strength and health and then went full on into it, he could still be a productive QB in this league. He unfortunately did not get himself into the best of situations for a second chance last year...

Flyboy
05-02-2008, 11:59 AM
I remember when he got the start in Altanta and started off really hot then he hurt his ankle...If he goes somewhere with time to throw(obviously the slow release) he would make a very solid QB.

Yeah, Will Smith killed him.

JagHombre22
05-02-2008, 12:16 PM
ManningEnvy is a POS.

he's my personal stalker....

BuddyCHRIST
05-02-2008, 12:17 PM
that release and lack of ability to slow the ball down really hurt him. He can make some amazing throws that very few players in history could make but when its 3rd and 4 I never trusted Leftwich to make a short conversion which is what you need to do to win in the NFL. It is weird how some guys were atleast decent and then soon after that can't even get a roster spot. Happened with Tim Couch as well.

The Unseen
05-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Don't mind the troll, people.

Gay Ork Wang
05-02-2008, 12:49 PM
its incredible how he still is on this board

CC.SD
05-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Byron is definitely gonna have to sit a year as a backup if he wants another start at a starting job. I could see him hanging out in Detroit while they build up their O-line for another year. I'm not sure how Drew Stanton is progressing though.

tom
05-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Byron Leftwich? More like Myron Sandwich!

thebow305
05-03-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm not surprised, I've hated on the man since he came in the league, he sucks.

zoinks
05-03-2008, 01:12 AM

At first I thought you were talking about Leftwich.

Then I realized your sentiments were directed at the OP, whose antics have gotten him banned from more forums than I care to mention.

Hopefully the mods here won't be as patient, or as tolerant of such inflammatory behavior.

Burns336
05-03-2008, 02:11 AM
At first I thought you were talking about Leftwich.

Then I realized your sentiments were directed at the OP, whose antics have gotten him banned from more forums than I care to mention.

Hopefully the mods here won't be as patient, or as tolerant of such inflammatory behavior.

Um, pretty sure he was talking about Leftwich, unless people are now referring to these boards as "The League"

OzTitan
05-03-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm pretty sure it was concluded across various boards that ManningEnvy is the Internet virus/worm bot creation of a disgruntled college aged nerd to infest the jock presence online with mind numbing logic and ****-erotic tendencies towards Peyton Manning.

Perhaps we should submit it to Symantec for investigation.

niel89
05-03-2008, 03:33 AM
Um, pretty sure he was talking about Leftwich, unless people are now referring to these boards as "The League"

i do. i tell people to look for the guy with the clarence moore sig. the league couldnt handle Cmoore

bigbluedefense
05-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Whether this guy is a troll or not, he is right this time. I don't understand what Leftwich has done to make anyone believe he is anything but a bust in Jacksonville?

This isn't a 5th round pick we're talking about, he's a top 7 pick in the draft. And he's currently unemployed. Think about that, he can't find employment in a league desperate for quarterbacks.

And i understand the arguments to support him, he needs an oline bc he's not mobile and winds up, and is injury prone, but thats part of his package and you can't discount that when evaluating him.

We heard ppl say the same thing about Drew Bledsoe. The league has no vacancies for statues in the pocket, period. Leftwich was a statue.

And im not buying the oline argument. He had a good one in Jacksonville, like Bledsoe he just made it look worse than it really was. Same goes for any qb who holds teh ball too long. Any qb in the league would be great if they had all day to throw, so whats the point in that argument? Im not buying it.

He was immobile, injury prone, extremely slow release, could not put any touch on his balls (same velocity for every throw), and just didn't get the job done. He had a defense and a run game, 2 things that are a quarterback's best friend, and still didn't produce.

Was he absolutely terrible? No, he was ok, not the worst in the world, but not what a top 7 pick should be. At the end of the day, you expect a lot more than what he brought. So yes, he is a bust. I don't see how he wasn't. The man is unemployed as we speak. Thats all you need to know.

Geo
05-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't put Bledsoe and Leftwich in the same sentence, Bledsoe was a much better QB in his prime.

Cleveland would be a great spot for Leftwich, but they already have Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson.

Shane P. Hallam
05-03-2008, 01:53 PM
ManningEnvy has been banned.

Anyway, it still surprises me. Unless he wants way too much money, isn't he worth having as a #3 QB?

bigbluedefense
05-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't put Bledsoe and Leftwich in the same sentence, Bledsoe was a much better QB in his prime.

Cleveland would be a great spot for Leftwich, but they already have Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson.

very true, when i refer to Bledsoe, im referring to the washed up one that played in Dallas and Buffalo.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2008, 02:02 PM
ManningEnvy has been banned.

Anyway, it still surprises me. Unless he wants way too much money, isn't he worth having as a #3 QB?

he probably wants to be a starter somewhere, and no team is willing to grant him that privilege. he can maybe be a backup and try to win a starting job, but he probably doesn't want to do that and is letting his ego get in his way.

weird how teams like Minny and Chicago wouldn't even think about touching him. theres probably some red flags behind the scenes that us fans just don't know about.

art vandelay
05-04-2008, 01:31 AM
very true, when i refer to Bledsoe, im referring to the washed up one that played in Dallas and Buffalo.

Hey, Bledsoe made a Pro Bowl in Buffalo! He had one great year (2002), which was his first in Buffalo. After that, a terrible offensive line spelled the end of his career. Is there a worse combination than an awful pass-blocking O-line and Drew Bledsoe in the pocket? I can't think of one.

BlindSite
05-04-2008, 02:23 AM
I'd rather have him as my number 2 or three than most QBs kicking around as backups, hell I'd rather have him than Carr.

Thunder&Lightning
05-04-2008, 02:03 PM

how can you hate him? Never been in trouble with the law, he doesnt have an attitude, has good character, and has faught through injuries his entire football career... Being a potential bust isnt entirely his fault.

eaglesfan_45
05-04-2008, 02:06 PM
RB Kevin Jones is still a FA to, I think that is weird as well.

Geo
05-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Jones is recovering from a torn ACL.

YAYareaRB
05-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Byron Leftwich? More like Myron Sandwich!

Don't worry people tom will be here all week..

ATLDirtyBirds
05-04-2008, 02:33 PM
He then went to an Atlanta team where he was on the ground every other play due to their horrible offensive line. If you're going to make a thread on why Leftwich hasn't gotten much attention in FA why don't explain why you think he's stupid and prone to getting the crap knocked out of him...

A lot of that is his own fault.

JagHombre22
05-04-2008, 03:02 PM
A lot of that is his own fault.

while he doesn't have the best foot work of a QB I've seen...with a strong oline he could be successful...and when I say successful I'm talking about a team that throws the ball alot more than they run it...which was not Jacksonville....

bearsfan_51
05-04-2008, 03:09 PM
http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2004/10/01/1_.jpg

Addict
05-04-2008, 03:10 PM
http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2004/10/01/1_.jpg

I see your fat basketball dude and raise you a JaMarcus Russell.

http://worshipcity.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/russell-smirking.jpg

bigbluedefense
05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
I'd rather have him as my number 2 or three than most QBs kicking around as backups, hell I'd rather have him than Carr.

Id take a can of soup dressed in a Giants jersey over David Carr as my backup :)

I think the problem is, Leftwich is not willing to accept backup duty, and no one is willing to take a chance on him as a starter.

MetSox17
05-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Id take a can of soup dressed in a Giants jersey over David Carr as my backup :)

I think the problem is, Leftwich is not willing to accept backup duty, and no one is willing to take a chance on him as a starter.

Well, sooner or later, SOMEONE's gonna budge, right?

bigbluedefense
05-05-2008, 11:50 AM

who knows? i figured Chicago would take a chance on him, but it didn't happen.

maybe theres more to him than we know.

senormysterioso
05-05-2008, 11:55 AM
The 49ers just signed JT O'Sullivan and told him he'd get a chance to compete for a starting job...who would rather have JT O'Sullivan over Byron Leftwich?

DragonFireKai
05-05-2008, 11:55 AM

He's taking the Vinny route. Sit by the phone, and wait for the defenses to blast him a job opening.

DragonFireKai
05-05-2008, 11:56 AM
The 49ers just signed JT O'Sullivan and told him he'd get a chance to compete for a starting job...who would rather have JT O'Sullivan over Byron Leftwich?

Mike Martz. He needs someone familiar with his system.

CC.SD
05-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Mike Martz. He needs someone familiar with his system.

Yep, there's an obvious connection there. I've decided the Jets need to take a long look at Byron.

JagHombre22
05-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Byron's situation is complex...no one knows just why he's being black balled but it's happening...and it's really weird...

CC.SD
05-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Byron's situation is complex...no one knows just why he's being black balled but it's happening...and it's really weird...

Maybe Jack Del Rio is more connected than anyone ever surmised...

NY+Giants=NYG
05-05-2008, 12:12 PM

I am sure as fans we don't know, but Jack Del Rio, probably feels a certain way about BL, and if coaches or GMs want his opinion, I am sure he is not afraid to let them know. Same goes for the front office. I am sure within the NFL ranks of a coach or GM, they are going to be honest with others at that level when it comes to a person being good or bad, or coachable.

Iamcanadian
05-05-2008, 12:20 PM
When you cannot beat out Harringtonas the starter for Atlanta, your value takes a nose dive. However I doubt Leftwich sees it that way and is waiting to see if some desperate teams is willing to sign him for starter money. I think he is in for a long wait.
At some point hopefully, he'll reaqlize that he has to prove himself and accept backup money, until then nobody will sign him.

JagHombre22
05-05-2008, 01:05 PM

that might have a lot to do with it...it's weird, I wouldn't take Jack as being the black balling type...