PDA

View Full Version : NFC East LB Rankings

D-Unit
05-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Post yours.

Can someone from each team post the LB depth chart?

Cowboys:

OLB - DeMarcus Ware / Justin Rogers / Erik Walden
ILB - Zach Thomas / Kevin Burnett
ILB - Bradie James / Bobby Carpetner
OLB - Greg Ellis / Anthony Spencer

eaglesfan_45
05-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Eagles

WLB - O. Gaither, A. Jordan
MLB - S. Bradley, J. Mays
SLB - C. Gocong, R. Boiman

703SKINS202
05-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Skins:

WLB: Rocky Mcintosh
MLB: London Fletcher, H.B. Blades
SLB: Marcus Washington, Khary Campbell

Sniper
05-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Eagles

WLB - O. Gaither, A. Jordan
MLB - S. Bradley, J. Mays
SLB - C. Gocong, R. Boiman

Wow we have 0 depth.

BaLLiN
05-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Giants:

SLB: Mathias Kiwanuka, Danny Clark, Zak DeOssie, Tank Daniels
MLB: Antonio Pierce, Chase Blackburn, Jonathan Goff
WLB: Gerris Wilkinson, Danny Clark, Bryan Kehl

BaLLiN
05-18-2008, 03:19 PM
its really hard to rate these LBs because of different schemes and their lines and DBs.

but id say

1. Dallas
2. Wash/Philly/Giants

eaglesfan_45
05-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Wow we have 0 depth.

I know, we needed to draft a LB before the 6th round.

The Eagles group in my opinion is very average. I expect that they will play well but not great. The saving grace for the LB'ers will be the Defensive line play.

This offseason, I expect that the Eagles will make some changes. Gaither is best suited for MLB and Bradley is best suited for MLB. GoCong is best suited for a DE spot. Maybe the Eagles draft someone like Cushing or sign some one like suggs.

I anticipate the Eagles depth chart looking like this next year-
SLB- rookie* (Cushing?), C. GoCong, A. Studebaker
MLB- S. Bradley, [O. Gaither], J. Mays
WLB- O. Gaither, A. Jordan

eaglesfan_45
05-18-2008, 03:30 PM
The Eagles Depth chart probably looks like this right now-

SLB- C. GoCong, [S. Bradley], A. Studebaker, [B. Smith]
MLB- S. Bradley, R. Boiman, [O. Gaither] J. Mays
WLB- O. Gaither, A. Jordan, [R. Boiman], P. Togafau

eaglesalltheway
05-19-2008, 07:24 AM
I know, we needed to draft a LB before the 6th round.

The Eagles group in my opinion is very average. I expect that they will play well but not great. The saving grace for the LB'ers will be the Defensive line play.

This offseason, I expect that the Eagles will make some changes. Gaither is best suited for MLB and Bradley is best suited for MLB. GoCong is best suited for a DE spot. Maybe the Eagles draft someone like Cushing or sign some one like suggs.

I anticipate the Eagles depth chart looking like this next year-
SLB- rookie* (Cushing?), C. GoCong, A. Studebaker
MLB- S. Bradley, [O. Gaither], J. Mays
WLB- O. Gaither, A. Jordan

Boiman and Jordan are certainly fine depth. People forget he started a game for us last year, and played like a man possesesed. Boiman has had starting experience, and is a veteran. Certainly not flashy names, but if Gaither would get injured, I wouldn't be too worried. And Boiman will hold his own if need be. You must be a big Gocong hater, because every opportunity you are trying to get rid of him. He is young and is playing fine, and as long as he progresses, he will be a fine starter for the Eagles.

eaglesalltheway
05-19-2008, 07:26 AM
The Eagles Depth chart probably looks like this right now-

SLB- C. GoCong, [S. Bradley], A. Studebaker, [B. Smith]
MLB- S. Bradley, R. Boiman, [O. Gaither] J. Mays
WLB- O. Gaither, A. Jordan, [R. Boiman], P. Togafau

Boiman is not the backup at MIKE, Gaither is. Boiman can back up any LB spot really, but is best suited for WILL for the Eagles.

eaglesfan_45
05-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Boiman and Jordan are certainly fine depth. People forget he started a game for us last year, and played like a man possesesed. Boiman has had starting experience, and is a veteran. Certainly not flashy names, but if Gaither would get injured, I wouldn't be too worried. And Boiman will hold his own if need be. You must be a big Gocong hater, because every opportunity you are trying to get rid of him. He is young and is playing fine, and as long as he progresses, he will be a fine starter for the Eagles.

GoCong just makes me nervous, he is a natural DE and OLB in a 3-4. He really isn't a fit and he is the weak link of the defense. He is good at getting to the passer but he isn't good in coverage.

Also, I wouldn't be suprised if Boiman gets cut. He has a lingering injury and he is limited in practice. Showing up to a new team as damaged goods isn't good.

Sniper
05-19-2008, 11:20 PM
GoCong just makes me nervous, he is a natural DE and OLB in a 3-4. He really isn't a fit and he is the weak link of the defense. He is good at getting to the passer but he isn't good in coverage.

Also, I wouldn't be suprised if Boiman gets cut. He has a lingering injury and he is limited in practice. Showing up to a new team as damaged goods isn't good.

Why do you spell it GoCong?

eaglesfan_45
05-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Why do you spell it GoCong?

dunno Go-Cong just sounds cool

i spell it right, I just capitalize the C

eaglesalltheway
05-20-2008, 07:29 AM

Depth is something to worry about for our LBs, don't get me wrong, and I do agree that as of now, Gocong is the weak spot of the defense, but he has done nothing but improve since he started playing, which leads me to beleive that trend will continue.