PDA

View Full Version : Get Jason Taylor

singe_101
05-03-2008, 04:29 AM
Complete the line, truly rival the purple people-eaters.

Trade next year's appropriate draft picks to Miami for Jason Taylor.

I'm not sure what Parcells would take, and if he makes the trade next year's first is really late, but throw in some more picks. 1st and a 4th, whatever.

Taylor has just enough motivation and time left with a team like the Vikings.

Why not try to win the Super Bowl now like the Giants did with the D-Line (and the NFC playoff factor)? The division is vacated, Indy looks great but stood pat, New England is lacking Samuel now, etc.

Pat or Kevin would get a double, and ALL THREE other Pro-Bowlers would get singled up at least by true offensive linemen. That might be the best line ever and would really move us closer to being the best defense (before counting TDs).

I like Edwards and Robison but like the DT in KC, they just take the place that belongs to someone like Dorsey or Taylor.

At the very least this would pretty much clinch going 6-0 in the division and a playoff berth, even if we didn't dominate otherwise. Isn't that worth picks? We aren't rebuilding.

The other teams in our division have moved backward and we can move forward even more, though a young crew is indeed important.

SMoore
05-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Trading a first round pick would be a little too much IMO
yea he would help but for two years and at a high price
i don't really think we need him i'm happy with our defense i'd rather keep those picks to get more weapons on offense next year

Zbikowski_9
05-03-2008, 07:56 PM
If we did that i would throw up. We already have a RE, and i am more than happy with Rey Edwards leading a commity of Jayme Mitchell, Brian Robinson and Erasmus James.

russie
05-04-2008, 10:23 AM
yeah, if we trade our first rounder for anyone, i think they should explore the chance of getting anquan(sp?) boldin

Dr. Gonzo
05-04-2008, 01:30 PM
As much as I would love Boldin I really doubt the Cards trade him and if they do it will cost about 3 1sts.

eaglesfan_45
05-04-2008, 01:38 PM
The division is vacated, Indy looks great but stood pat, New England is lacking Samuel now, etc.

Vikings are in the NFC not the AFC so instead of talking about the Pats and Colts you should be talking about the Cowboys, Giants, Packers etc.

LonghornsLegend
05-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Im not even a Vikes fan, but Robison is going to do very well being a situational pass rusher, I wanted him as a OLB in the 3-4 but in passing situations he will get after the QB, I expect him to put up 4-5 sacks because he won't be getting the bulk of attention.

regoob2
05-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Vikings are in the NFC not the AFC so instead of talking about the Pats and Colts you should be talking about the Cowboys, Giants, Packers etc.Don't you mean the bears, packers and lions?

eaglesfan_45
05-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Don't you mean the bears, packers and lions?

no, He was talking about having to go through the Colts and Patriots in the playoffs but they are in the AFC. I was naming NFC contenders that the Vikings would have to go through.

djp
05-04-2008, 04:16 PM
If it was a 2nd, we should do it. However, I don't think Parcells would take a 2nd for such a high caliber player such as Taylor. He was looking for a first rounder during the draft.

russie
05-04-2008, 05:00 PM
As much as I would love Boldin I really doubt the Cards trade him and if they do it will cost about 3 1sts.

i just meant it as if we were to look at trading our first for any player that is rumored to be on the trading block. i dont think there is any chance boldin gets away from arizona. there is no way i'd give a first for a player that wont be around for any more that two to three years. for taylor maybe i'd look at 2009's third and 2010's fifth

Dr. Gonzo
05-04-2008, 05:06 PM
If we can get Taylor for a 3rd and future 5th I really think we should do it. The line would be by far the best in the NFL and would make our defense elite. I am happy with the line now but just the idea of getting 4 guys who are some of the very best at their positions is too much to pass up.

singe_101
05-13-2008, 06:07 PM
So the Giants didn't go through the Patriots... okay...

I'm not that worried about the NFC, with Allen and Taylor this D would be better than the Giants and Cowboys. The offense would have that rushing and a boost from Berrian, plus takeaways and D scores. The team would have to play well but that's true for any team. If both the Vikings and an NFC opponent played well, the Vikings could win. That might not be true for the Colts and Patriots, who dominate. Who knows if the Vikes show up, but they're fixing weaknesses. This defense used to be awful and then the offense was but it's better, we saw a lot of 20+ games this year for a change.

I don't know if this team will be really good but it's not low on talent. Maybe it's a 2006 Steelers and high predictions weren't wrong in August but they just sputter.

But even with some decline, they run for 2000 yards, have 4 defensive TDs, and Allen gets 9 sacks, etc.

I'm not worried about the RE spot, but it isn't incredible. Robison and Edwards are not even close to Jason Taylor.

Vikes99ej
05-13-2008, 06:18 PM
No. Let's give Robison and Edwards another year. Be realistic people. This isn't Madden.

vikes_28
05-14-2008, 07:47 AM
This isn't Madden.

ha. no kidding.

singe_101
05-19-2008, 06:51 PM
No. Let's give Robison and Edwards another year. Be realistic people. This isn't Madden.

Sometimes it is, a healthy Randy Moss for a 4th round pick. Even if Randy had gimped to 800 yards and 6 TDs that's a steal.

Oh and have you seen AD? Madden moves in real life.

The Dynasty
05-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Sometimes it is, a healthy Randy Moss for a 4th round pick. Even if Randy had gimped to 800 yards and 6 TDs that's a steal.

Oh and have you seen AD? Madden moves in real life.

They got Randy Moss for a 4th because some experts thought Randy Moss was past his Prime and He couldnt put up the numbers he use too which I thought was ridiculous because it was obvious that he didn't like his Situation.

Which Jason Taylor does not fit in that category.

singe_101
05-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Taylor doesn't fit, that's why I didn't say "offer a 4th" and those that do are low-balling and ridiculous, it would be crazy for Parcells to accept.

You can't argue that Jason Taylor for our 1st is not realistic. It might not be accepted by one side, but it is realistic.

If you could select Jason Taylor in 2008 with a 2009 first-round pick, wouldn't that be better than a 2009 rookie?

On the other hand, Miami is looking at 2011 so why not get a young starter who will be ready by then, a foot soldier to take orders and be under a small contract? Jason Taylor is not the difference between playoffs or mediocrity for them this year, they're BAD. He also hasn't said anything wrong and brings it every game but is not comfortable and points it out for this awful team.

With a good team I don't see him slowing down and he should be great in 2011 but for Miami he'd probably retire by then to entertain and they get nothing.

With Brown they'll be better but give them a five-game improvement and they're 6-10.

Vikings4ever
05-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Who needs Jason Taylor when we've got Ray Edwards, who's aiming for the single season sack record?

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S454606.shtml?cat=7

The Dynasty
05-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Who needs Jason Taylor when we've got Ray Edwards, who's aiming for the single season sack record?

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S454606.shtml?cat=7

Well if he is sitting on the Line with Pat and Kevin and Jared well one of those guys is probably going to get doubled up and that leaves Ray one on one so if he can beat the OT or OG or even FB then he could get 6-10 sacks but Sack Record I wouldnt think so. Thats a huge thing for a 2 year vet.

Crazy_Chris
05-24-2008, 03:46 PM
I think Ray has a excellent shot to get double digit sacks this year but I don't see him anywhere near the record. However I think Jared Allen could actually have a shot at it.

singe_101
05-26-2008, 03:33 PM
How about 16 games, Ray, before 16 sacks?

Ray has never had 2 sacks in a game, and he plus Allen had 20.5 last year which is 2 below the record, and 1 discounting Favre's effort. So even together they might not break it this year.

But this is just against stats, Ray is a good DE and very good from where he was drafted, he's in the top range of 4th rd, 30th pick talent. But he is not a Pro-Bowl guy unless he completely overhauls his game.

james_429
08-19-2008, 02:12 PM
The team would have to play well but that's true for any team. If both the Vikings and an NFC opponent played well, the Vikings could win. That might not be true for the Colts and Patriots, who dominate.
=========================================
james
Minnesota Drug Treatment (http://http://www.drugtreatments.com/minnesota)