PDA

View Full Version : Gil Brandt's sneak preview of the top seniors for the 2009 draft

Iamcanadian
05-03-2008, 07:49 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=E6C7A7F566A2C29C037EE0E31A9DC5BA? id=09000d5d8081dca9&template=without-video&confirm=true

Obviously just a prelimanary group but with Brandt's contacts, probably a pretty solid list.

Staubach12
05-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Could someone post the QB part. My browser is weird and I can't read it.

Thunder&Lightning
05-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Could someone post the QB part. My browser is weird and I can't read it.

Same with mine the add wont go away...

Im_a_Romosexual
05-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Quarterbacks
Chase Daniel, Missouri (6-0, 220): He will be a three-year starter, having thrown for 7,833 yards with 51 TDs and 21 INTs over past two seasons.

Graham Harrell, Texas Tech (6-2 , 205): Has 14 career 400-yard games; passed for 646 yards in a game against Oklahoma State last season.

Curtis Painter, Purdue (6-3 , 225): Passed for 7,831 yards and 51 TDs over the past two seasons.

Patrick White, West Virginia (6-1 , 190): Has passed for more than 4,000 yards in his career and brings the added dimension as a runner -- he has eight runs of more than 50 yards.

John Parker Wilson, Alabama (6-2, 210): He will be a three-year starter for the Tide, and has passed for 35 TDs over the last two seasons.

Note: His mother was a cheerleader for the 1979 Alabama team that went 12-0 and won the national championship.

Geo
05-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Daniel and White may be two of the best senior QBs next year in college fb, but not when it comes to the Draft as prospects.

draftguru151
05-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Lucky Marlow is a STUD.

BeerBaron
05-03-2008, 12:26 PM
took me to the end to figure out that theyre in ABC order.....was wondering why he had them ranked like that, lol

CT Bronco Fan
05-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Same with mine the add wont go away...

You guys need to get Mozilla with AdBlock Plus! It blocks all the pop ups from this site also.

Jonny
05-03-2008, 12:37 PM
That QB list is terrible. Painter, Daniel, White, etc... the NFL hates QBs from spread offenses.

BeerBaron
05-03-2008, 02:05 PM
You guys need to get Mozilla with AdBlock Plus! It blocks all the pop ups from this site also.

firefox ftw!

holt_bruce81
05-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Daniel and White may be two of the best senior QBs next year in college fb, but not when it comes to the Draft as prospects.

Why do you say that?

Chase Daniel doesn't have height yes, but he has everything else. He is pretty much the college version of Peyton Manning as far as reading defenses go and he has the ability to make things happen with his feet.

When are people going to get over his height?

BeerBaron
05-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Why do you say that?

Chase Daniel doesn't have height yes, but he has everything else. He is pretty much the college version of Peyton Manning as far as reading defenses go and he has the ability to make things happen with his feet.

when the nfl teams do. if he plays godly next year, some team may overlook it but that one will just be heavily scrutinized by the media because of how short he is.

sucks for him but theres almost no looking around it

Paranoidmoonduck
05-03-2008, 02:32 PM
That QB list is terrible. Painter, Daniel, White, etc... the NFL hates QBs from spread offenses.

Yeah, Alex Smith and Vince Young were crap prospects.

The spread offense can mask deficiencies fairly well for some college quarterbacks, but it is not a universally damning system for a quarterback to run if he wants to make the NFL. Of course, I think putting White up there is a bit silly, because he would probably have to make a Vince Young-esque jump in passing ability.

Personally, I remains a fan of Chase Daniel as a pro prospect.

holt_bruce81
05-03-2008, 02:37 PM
when the nfl teams do. if he plays godly next year, some team may overlook it but that one will just be heavily scrutinized by the media because of how short he is.

sucks for him but theres almost no looking around it

Drew Brees, Jeff Garcia, Michael Vick, Fran Tarkenton, Joe Theismann, Otto Graham, Rex Grossman......

Geo
05-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Why do you say that?

He doesn't so much as read defenses as just pass it to one of four or five receivings options available in that college offense. He's more likely to play in the CFL than NFL.

Number 10
05-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I really like next year's O-line group, I think that and the linebackers will be the strength of the class.

Santonio10
05-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Lucky Marlow is a STUD.

Hahaha yeah he is

holt_bruce81
05-03-2008, 04:05 PM
He doesn't so much as read defenses as just pass it to one of four or five receivings options available in that college offense. He's more likely to play in the CFL than NFL.

Lol.....um your joking right?

You have no clue what you're talking about. To say Daniel is more likely to play in the CFL than the NFL just shows how little you know about him.

toonsterwu
05-03-2008, 05:11 PM
At best, I think Chase Daniel has Drew Brees like value. At best. I just don't see it there when it's all said and done. There were rumors that he was close to 5'9"/5'10". I'm really not sure when all is said and done that Ian Johnson will grade that highly. I do think Mack is probably the best OL relatively speaking, but his value at best will be a late first type. I just don't see him grading high enough to warrant a rare interior OL pick that goes in the mid-first.

fondoffilm
05-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Reesing > Daniel

BlindSite
05-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah, Alex Smith and Vince Young were crap prospects.

The spread offense can mask deficiencies fairly well for some college quarterbacks, but it is not a universally damning system for a quarterback to run if he wants to make the NFL. Of course, I think putting White up there is a bit silly, because he would probably have to make a Vince Young-esque jump in passing ability.

Personally, I remains a fan of Chase Daniel as a pro prospect.

Vince Young and Alex Smith were the first QB of the board because of their athletic ability more than their QB smarts imo.

Jonny
05-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Lol.....um your joking right?

You have no clue what you're talking about. To say Daniel is more likely to play in the CFL than the NFL just shows how little you know about him.

I don't think he'll even be drafted. Brees barely gets by as it is with his lack of height.

badgerbacker
05-04-2008, 01:07 AM
I don't think he'll even be drafted. Brees barely gets by as it is with his lack of height.Brees is without a doubt a top 10 QB in the NFL. I'm not sure what you're talking about with him barely getting by.

holt_bruce81
05-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Reesing > Daniel

Yea we saw that in last years game, didn't we?

art vandelay
05-04-2008, 01:36 AM
I'm a big Andre Brown fan. Really like his future in the NFL.

KCJ58
05-04-2008, 02:20 AM
I'll take Rudy Carpenter over all those guys :D

draftguru151
05-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm a big Andre Brown fan. Really like his future in the NFL.

If he runs like he did his sophomore year I'll love him, if he runs like he did last year he won't see the field the Eugene played last year.

Jonny
05-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Brees is without a doubt a top 10 QB in the NFL. I'm not sure what you're talking about with him barely getting by.

He went through a stretch last season where he was an INT machine. Directly attributable to his height.

scottyboy
05-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Mike Teel is obviously the best senior QB for 2009

nfrillman
05-04-2008, 12:28 PM
He went through a stretch last season where he was an INT machine. Directly attributable to his height.

Ummm, I'm not sure that makes any sense. All the sudden his height started causing tons of interceptions........7 years into his career. The streak couldn't have been too bad anyways, he ended with 28 TD's and 18 Int's. I also see that he has had a nasty streak of QB ratings of 89 or higher the past four seasons......directly attributable to his ability to play the game.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Vince Young and Alex Smith were the first QB of the board because of their athletic ability more than their QB smarts imo.

Although that's not really here nor there in this discussion, I have to disagree. I'd say that Alex Smith's "quarterback smarts" were the main reason he was considered such a good quarterback prospect.