PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper Studs

Zbikowski_9
05-03-2008, 08:36 PM
List some vets that may not be well known players, but ones that you think will be commanding respect and a payrise by years end.They don't have to be playmakers, I am actually more interested in potential Oline studs.

Vikings.

Ray Edwards DE: Prob a bit obvious but with three pro bowlers to his right he will be faced with one on one match ups all year. He showed great promise last year and was missed when he was suspended. I think he will return with a big chip on his shoulder and be out to prove he is no 'guy' just along for the ride with Pat, Kevin and Allen.

2009 Quick Stats:
8-10 sacks
3-5 FF
50 Tackles

Jayme Mitchell DE: Will also see time at LE and MAYBE some time at DT on passing downs now that Darrion Scott and Spencer Johnson have moved on. He will only see limited time but could show other coaches in league that he could become a starter. He has Peppers size with a 6-7 285 pound frame with long arms and has shown the ability to get to the QB. With Robinson and Erasmus James taking a majority of situational passing snaps Mitchell will prove himself through quality over quantity.

2009 Quick Stats:
2-3 sacks
1-3 FF
15 Tackles (with very limited snaps)

Garrett Mills TE: He is a versitle player who will be the special teams and offense guy that can slot in everywhere that coaches love and casual fans overlook. Chilly snapped him up off of the NE waiver wire before they could put him on their practice squad - much to Coach Billy's anger. He showed late season promise with a mere 2 receptions late last year, but if Shiancoe doesn't pick up his game and adapt to the WestCoast offense, Mills could get a chance to prove himself as a saftey target for T-Jack. If this were to happen earlier in the season Mills could put up some big numbers as all T-Jack needs and wants is a solid TE that can become his go-2-guy.

2009 Quick Stats: (assuming he was starter for 6 weeks)
Receptions 25
Yards 350
TDs 3
(These stats would be a lot more compeling if he was to start earlier)

Chase Johnson OT:
This would be a SUPER SLEEPER. If Bryant McKinnie gets suspended for for playing t-ball with a guys head, then there will be a gaping hole at LT. Artis Hicks has previously held the back up position, however, coaches have been claiming how happy they are with Johnson's progress and this is evident by their lack of interest in aquirring a backup during free agency or the draft - despite knowing of the Bryant incident. Chase was an UDFA last year and has been learning the system for the past year. He has an impossing figure at 6-8 and 330 pounds but will have to prove he has the athletisism and footwork to play LT. If McKinnie does get suspended Chase could face some massive challenges as he would be pitted against KGB (Packers) week 1, Freeney (Colts) week 2 and Peppers (Panters [he has moved to RE]) week 3 and Kearse (Titans) week 4. If he could hold his own in these match-ups he could realy make a name for himself and potentialy make Big Bryant expendabe.

Love to see your thought on my picks, and hear about some hidden Gems out there

art vandelay
05-04-2008, 01:27 AM
Ko Simpson - Boom or bust type year as I see it. Either he will come back from the injury completely healed or he is going to just totally flop.

Paul Poz- Should come back and lead the team in tackles.

Courtney Anderson - Boom or bust, again. I could see him not making the first cut or as our #2 TE catching 5+ TD's.

Fred Jackson - If Marshawn ever goes down, look for Freddy to get the ball early and often and make plays.

no love
05-04-2008, 02:58 AM
Ko Simpson - Boom or bust type year as I see it. Either he will come back from the injury completely healed or he is going to just totally flop.

Paul Poz- Should come back and lead the team in tackles.

I honestly don't see how either of these guys are sleepers. They are both pretty well known guys who have big things expected of them.

diabsoule
05-04-2008, 03:05 AM
Pierre Thomas - RB -- I think he showed what he can bring to the Saints in last years game with Chicago. I expect him to be incorporated more into the offense and light it up.

Bengalsrocket
05-04-2008, 04:28 AM
Not exactly a "sleeper", but a guy who has had an average career thus far in Indianapolis is Ben Utecht; mainly because because 1) Dallas Clark is the starter over there, and 2) even when he gets to run routes, Manning has so many targets.

he only has 71 career catches and 800 career yards along with 3 career TD's. But he'll be our starting TE I think and with Chad being emo right now, he could quickly turn into a favorite target for Palmer.

BlindSite
05-04-2008, 04:42 AM
Dante Rosario: was a rookie late last year and didn't really overtake Jeff King as a receiver or Fauria as a blocking TE but he did show flashes of ability later in the year.

Though he only made a few catches they were circus style grabs and were as a result of chemistry between him and Moore as Moore had run the 2nd offense for the majority of the season.

In the recent minicamps he's been taking the majority of the snaps with the starting offense.

Stanley McClover, he was a bit of a fan favorite in the draft a few years ago and was slated as more of a tweener. The guy is now absolutely massive and looks like a DE, he might not be a starter depending on his battle with Johnson and Brayton but I think he'll make some impact rotating in.

On other teams.

I really like Laurent Robinson of the falcons. He had something like 40 catches last year and is still only around 22/23 this year. I think he'll over take both Jenkins and Joe Horn and start along side Roddy White.

With a crappy QB playing behind Jenkins, White, and Horn for the majority of the year with Algae Crumpler in the middle of the field he produced fairly well. As a number two with Matty Ice he could break out.

I think Elvis Dumervill will make some noise come time for sack leader and the probowl.

Last year he had 12+ sacks and 5+ pass defensed. That's pretty impressive for a 2nd year player with very weak supporting players. IMO he has a massive season in his third year. 15 sacks and 3 INT as a DE.

Jakey
05-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Lamarr Woodley will eat the whole league! He will get recognition for his sacks...but you really should take note of his run stopping ability aswell. He will be a great all round OLB next year! Wooooooooooooop! :)

ATLDirtyBirds
05-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I'll say DT Jonathan Babineaux of the Atlanta Falcons. He is entering his 4th season and was a 2nd round draft pick. At the time, the Falcons stole him from the Colts as they really wanted him with the pick right after ours. He has always looked promising in a rotation, and should be given the chance to start this year.

Another DT on our team is Trey Lewis who was a 6th round pick out of nowhere. He got a couple of starts and looked very good, but got hurt. He could be a starter for us.

T-RICH49
05-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Alphonso Boone for KC.He was a nice find last year but wore down late.with Dorsey in the fol he should be able to stay fresher for the entire game

scottyboy
05-04-2008, 09:15 AM
I excpect a big year out of the Giants DT Barry Cofield. I think he proves himself after a sub-par 2nd year. A 4th round guy out of Northwestern. I think he improves this year and makes some big plays and a big name for himself.

Also, look at OLB Gerris Wilkinson. He should be starting this year. He's got lots of speed and quickness for an OLB. Versatile as well. He's the guy who partially covered Randy Moss week 17. A lot of Giants fans are excited to see what he can do.(assuming he wins/keeps the starting job)

ATLDirtyBirds
05-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I'll say DT Jonathan Babineaux of the Atlanta Falcons. He is entering his 4th season and was a 2nd round draft pick. At the time, the Falcons stole him from the Colts as they really wanted him with the pick right after ours. He has always looked promising in a rotation, and should be given the chance to start this year.

Another DT on our team is Trey Lewis who was a 6th round pick out of nowhere. He got a couple of starts and looked very good, but got hurt. He could be a starter for us.

Also, I would like to mention Chris Houston. He got beat up a lot last year playing along side DeAngelo. He is expected to be the man this year, and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. He looked great on occasions, and bad on occasions. He's got all the tools and measurables, and for the most part was a good cover guy. He needs to develop some ball skills though.

jetsfan0099
05-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Bryan Thomas for the Jets, he did good in 2006, but bad last season. With new competition on the team he may have a big year because of him not wanting to lose his spot at Starting OLB. Since we added Vernon Gholston and Calvin Pace.

Also Justin Miller, hes in a contract year, never lived up to all of the talent and potential he has, but maybe he can have a good year this time and be the #2 CB for the Jets.

MaxV
05-04-2008, 09:49 AM
I would say Colts' FS Antone Bethea, but he did make the Pro Bowl last year. He gets overshadowed by Bob Sanders, but he too is a very good player.

scottyboy
05-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I would say Colts' FS Antone Bethea, but he did make the Pro Bowl last year. He gets overshadowed by Bob Sanders, but he too is a very good player.

We all know Eric Foster will make your team, start, and lead the league in sacks, forced fumbles, tackles, and all around awesomeness

MaxV
05-04-2008, 09:54 AM
We all know Eric Foster will make your team, start, and lead the league in sacks, forced fumbles, tackles, and all around awesomeness

I wouldn't mind that. :)

Brent
05-04-2008, 09:56 AM
I think this might be the year that Vernon Davis finally gets the ball thrown his way.

Gay Ork Wang
05-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Martz doesnt like TEs!!

ATLDirtyBirds
05-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I think this might be the year that Vernon Davis finally gets the ball thrown his way.

Yeah. That's a good pick as well.

Yatta!
05-04-2008, 10:18 AM
For the Packers, I'll say that people will start to recognise our DTs: Johnny Jolley and Ryan Pickett are solid run stoppers and Harrell should have a much greater impact this year.

Also I expect one of the safeties to step up their game, maybe Nick Collins? He's played ok since he entered the league but he's got a much greater ceiling.

nfrillman
05-04-2008, 12:05 PM
For the Packers, I'll say that people will start to recognise our DTs: Johnny Jolley and Ryan Pickett are solid run stoppers and Harrell should have a much greater impact this year.

Also I expect one of the safeties to step up their game, maybe Nick Collins? He's played ok since he entered the league but he's got a much greater ceiling.

Ryan Pickett is good. A lot of Rams fans seem to clump him in with Jimmie Kennedy and Damione Lewis when talking about the problems the Rams had drafting DT's, but that's dead wrong. Pickett is actually good and we should have kept him.

49ersfan_87
05-04-2008, 12:15 PM

Yeah, hopefully. He makes a ton of mistakes but he also makes a lot of plays and is tough to bring down when he catches the ball. Hopefully he can work the kinks out and actually be used as a weapon instead of staying in to block all the time.

Im also hopeful for WR Jason Hill. A 3rd round pick from 2007 that will hopefully explode under the tutelage of Mike Martz. He has a lot of potential but at this point, its all potential. Since the 49ers figure to pass a lot more and he doesnt have great competition in front of him (guys like Ashley Lelie, Bryant Johnson, and Arnaz Battle stand in his way), i hope he can break into the top 3 rotation at WR.

nfrillman
05-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Since I know the most about the Rams I will mention a few guys to watch for.

1. Oshiomogho Atogwe FS- Really had a breakout year last year, leading the NFC in interceptions, but he will begin to be recognized this upcoming season.

2. Randy McMichael TE- I know a lot of people are aware of him, but he has fallen off the radar a little bit. Al Saunders likes to use the TE, so expect a bit of an uptick in production from McMichael.

3. Tye Hill CB- He has the potential to become a top tier CB. He needs to rebound from his back injury last year.

4. Clifton Ryan DT- An absolute draft steal last season. He was absolutely dominant in his limited playing time. He will get a lot more playing time this season.

5. Quenton Culberson OLB- He was an undrafted FA signing last season. The coaching staff really likes him. Starter one game last year and had 10 tackles and a FF. He is expected to challenge Chris Draft for the starting SLB spot.

05-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Zach Miller. I see him and Russell building on the great chemistry they showed near the end of the season and he will certainly be one of his better passing targets especially in the much needed short passing game.

21ST
05-04-2008, 03:58 PM
reading over all of this i guess this thread failed

Flyboy
05-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Pierre Thomas - RB -- I think he showed what he can bring to the Saints in last years game with Chicago. I expect him to be incorporated more into the offense and light it up.

I certainly hope so.

BroadwayJoe10
05-04-2008, 04:57 PM
A guy i've always liked and who could wind up in a good situation in san fran is Bryant Johnson. I think he's got all the ability to be a true #2 WR, but was just stuck behind fitzy and boldin in zona. The signing of bruce could make his role a bit smaller, but if Battle struggles or his ankle acts up i think johnson could flourish as the slot guy in martz system.

Yung Flippa
05-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Fabian Washington will be a stud in Baltimore.

Addict
05-04-2008, 06:36 PM
for the hell of it I'll say Drew Stanton.

TimD
05-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Bryan Thomas for the Jets, he did good in 2006, but bad last season. With new competition on the team he may have a big year because of him not wanting to lose his spot at Starting OLB. Since we added Vernon Gholston and Calvin Pace.

Also Justin Miller, hes in a contract year, never lived up to all of the talent and potential he has, but maybe he can have a good year this time and be the #2 CB for the Jets.

Yeah I agree. Right now he's our 5th LB, but he'll still gets loads of playing time. He could have a big year with teams always keying up on Gholston and Pace. I heard that last year before he got hurt he was about to be the #2 cb. Mangini was real high on him and this year it'll be interesting to see where he falls on the depth chart behind Revis.

Another guy who may have a breakout season is Sione Puoha. Kris Jenkins is the starter, but Puoha will have a decent amount of time spelling him so he could have a breakout season.

PACKmanN
05-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Offense: Brandon Jackson, got really good towards the end of the season. Could surprise

Defense: Will Blackmon, needs to stay healthy, is going to play the nickel back role and both KR, PR. Could make a large impact for us.

GB12
05-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Offense: Brandon Jackson, got really good towards the end of the season. Could surprise

Defense: Will Blackmon, needs to stay healthy, is going to play the nickel back role and both KR, PR. Could make a large impact for us.
Blackmon's not going to be the nickelback. Patrick Lee should tacke a hold of that and Williams will probably be ahead of him too.

Menardo75
05-04-2008, 08:16 PM
I think defensively for the 9ers Goldson is probably going to start at FS and could have a breakout year Jay Moore OLB is also sounding like he could have a huge year

BlindSite
05-04-2008, 08:16 PM
for the hell of it I'll say Drew Stanton.

QFE I loved him coming out and would've rather taken him to develop than Jarrett.

bantx
05-04-2008, 08:19 PM
i cant take this thread seriously sleeping studs....

Zbikowski_9
05-04-2008, 08:31 PM
i cant take this thread seriously sleeping studs....

?

What are you talking about?

bantx
05-04-2008, 08:33 PM
think about it lol sorry for being random just ignore me

Thunder&Lightning
05-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Zach Miller. I see him and Russell building on the great chemistry they showed near the end of the season and he will certainly be one of his better passing targets especially in the much needed short passing game.

best call yet for this thread.

Zbikowski_9
05-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Any one have any more? Particulary from the Colts - they seem to produce some pretty good players out of no where.

Hawk
05-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Allen Barbre-Packers

Geo
05-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Re: Colts:

I can't think of anyone on defense, because all the starters are coming back from last year. Including first-time starters last season Ed Johnson (Big Cat) and Tyuan Hagler at SLB, maybe they would qualify perhaps although Big Cat was the only Colts defensive lineman to play all 17 games last season. Hopefully WLB Freddy Keiaho plays a full year, he had a handful of injuries last year and missed a few games. I guess you could say CB Marlin Jackson could get additional recognition if he has a good year, his second as a starting corner, although I thought he played at a Pro Bowl level last year.

Offensively, left tackle Tony Ugoh is in a similar case as he didn't get to play a full season last year, thanks to a neck injury I think it was, although he's only going into his second year. There will be a new starter at RG, but it could be rookie Mike Pollak so that doesn't really count even if he is a big improvement over Jake Scott. Same at tight end, rookies are going to step in for departed Ben Utecht.

I guess the one guy I would say to keep an eye on, if I had to pick one player from the Colts roster who could turn from absolute sleeper to potential stud, is wide receiver Roy Hall. I really think this guy could become something, and he's got all the talent as a 6-2/230 receiver with speed. He's learning the offense, the big thing is if he's going to get the opportunity with Marvin Harrison healing up for a new season. He didn't get to play last year because a big special teams collision he delivered landed him on IR (and ended the other guy's career unfortunately), otherwise he might have gotten his chance with all of the injuries last season (I was really bummed about that). But he said the injury gave him a better chance to learn the offense as a rookie, and has drawn positive praise about his performance in the offseason so far, so we'll see.

zoinks
05-22-2008, 11:29 PM
For the Titans:

Most people have heard of Titans' LT Michael Roos by now, but RT David Stewart should receive more recognition this year....a young Jon Runyan type.

S Michael Griffin had a very strong showing as a rookie last year; he'll be recognized as one of the "new breed" safeties....ballhawking playmakers who cover like a corner, but hit like a ton of bricks.

How's this for a sleeper pick: the quintessential bust, WR Mike Williams has been generating a bit of a buzz in OTA's. From what we're hearing, he has shed 30 lbs this offseason, and has come to camp focused and with a surprising air of intensity. OC Mike Heimerdinger has a long track record of maximizing the potential in his WR's; could it be that Dinger might finally get the light to come on for Williams?

Zbikowski_9
05-22-2008, 11:35 PM
I like the way the Colts D works i am a big fan of Matt Giordano, and i would like to see him getting more playing time elswhere.

I know this is for veterans more than rookies but i think wr Pierre Garcon could turn out to be a realy good player, especial being around Manning. I realy wanted us to get him in the 6th since about 4 months prior to the draft and he was avaliable at our pick in the 6th, and we took Jaymar Johnson...i was very dissapointed

critesy
05-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Stanley McClover, he was a bit of a fan favorite in the draft a few years ago and was slated as more of a tweener. The guy is now absolutely massive and looks like a DE, he might not be a starter depending on his battle with Johnson and Brayton but I think he'll make some impact rotating in.

5. Quenton Culberson OLB- He was an undrafted FA signing last season. The coaching staff really likes him. Starter one game last year and had 10 tackles and a FF. He is expected to challenge Chris Draft for the starting SLB spot.

love it, two of my favourite players in the league hopefully they boom this year.

BeerBaron
05-23-2008, 12:23 AM
watch out for devin hester as a wide receiver. if he learns how to do anything more than streaks and screens, he could be downright dangerous, especially with greg olsen and desmond clark in the middle of the field drawing attention away from him.

PACKmanN
05-23-2008, 12:53 AM
watch out for devin hester as a wide receiver. if he learns how to do anything more than streaks and screens, he could be downright dangerous, especially with greg olsen and desmond clark in the middle of the field drawing attention away from him.

I doubt anything draws attention away from Hester, if they do then that team is asking for it.

Bengals78
05-23-2008, 01:44 AM
I think Robert Geathers will have another big year and JoJo will be a monster at CB for us.

RaiderFan
05-23-2008, 02:06 AM
Don't Forget Michael Bush.

abaddon41_80
05-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Manny Lawson is gonna break out this year as long as his injury from last year doesn't affect him much.

wicket
05-23-2008, 07:25 AM
I honestly think that Brennan will get playing time for the skins if only because I can't see Campbell going a complete season uninjured. I know the dude has strange mechanics and stuff but he is a winner and I'm not saying he'll compete for the starting job and stuff but he'll do well enough, something a lot of people doubt.

M.O.T.H.
05-23-2008, 07:58 AM
I wouldnt sleep on Sam Hurd. Spent his entire off-season working out with T.O., looks like he put on about 10 lbs of muscle. He's now Owen's primary back up and in a contract year. Over the last two years, he has shown great improvement in his game and should continue to grow as a player. He could be in for some big games off the bench this season and with an injury prone WR core, he's looking at a substanstial amount of PT. This is a big year for Hurd and I think he will respond very well.

AkiliSmith
05-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Offensive lineman Stacy Andrews is expected to break out this season for the Bengals.

indyfan1985
05-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Any one have any more? Particulary from the Colts - they seem to produce some pretty good players out of no where.

I think from the Colts LB Freddy Keiaho will have a very good year. He would have had a good year last year but he was riddled with injuries. I see him starting alongside Brackett and Session for the LBs. Another player who might break out on the Colts is Marlin Jackson. He was a 1st round pick a couple of years ago but hasnt broken out into that stud status yet.

BeerBaron
05-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I doubt anything draws attention away from Hester, if they do then that team is asking for it.

ok...welll then view it the other way around. Hester can draw double coverages away from the two TE's and they can have sleeper studly years

Canadian_draft_fan
05-23-2008, 11:47 AM
For the Redskins: Anthony Montgomery DT. He played great in 2007 at a position that doesn't get much recognition unless you pile up sacks. He was an excellent run stopper and is only going to get better. If McIntosh returns to full health he will be a very good LB as well.

Hines
05-23-2008, 11:58 AM
I will chose a player who has shown flashes, but never could put it all together for the Steelers. Bryant McFadden will now start since he is in a contract year and do well where all Steeler fans had expectations from him. I think he could go else where, but I hope we keep him. I was always the believer of moving Deshae to FS and have McFadden play, hopefully that works if our FS do bad.

zCaddyz
05-23-2008, 01:13 PM
For the bucs i see T.E. alex smith having a breakout year, and clayton i love this kid but he needs to get his head outta his butt and put up stats like he did his rookie year.

LonghornsLegend
05-23-2008, 01:16 PM
ok...welll then view it the other way around. Hester can draw double coverages away from the two TE's and they can have sleeper studly years

What type of year are you expecting from Greg Olsen? I really like his potential, but isn' he still the 2nd TE to some extent? He seems like he could become a playmaker if he gets enough chances.

For the Cowboys, look out for Sam Hurd and Miles Austin both...I am really high on Hurd, as he got viable playing time last year and made some huge catches, Austin has more potential it seems but hasn't put it all together yet but he has been tearing it up at OTA's and both guys will be expected to get an increase in playing time...Watch for both guys to make a big step forward and show why we didn't draft a WR.

Also, Kevin Burnett, he should play alot more with Zach Thomas needing to be spelled, and he is in a contract year, he could go but I don't want him to as he is very athletic and has starters potential...I believe he will be playing lights out this year to earn himself a contract back.

BeerBaron
05-23-2008, 02:03 PM
What type of year are you expecting from Greg Olsen? I really like his potential, but isn' he still the 2nd TE to some extent? He seems like he could become a playmaker if he gets enough chances.

well, yes hes the 2nd TE but look at it this way. he might actually be our 2nd best receiver too behind clark....

i predict a lot of 2 TE sets in order for the bears offense to work....or at least ron turner better get his head out of his butt and realize that....

plus, when you have younger, not-so-good QBs, solid TE's can be their beset target and of those, the bears have their fair share

GermanSaint
05-23-2008, 02:17 PM
for the saints is kinda difficult. in my opinion , naming first rounders one or two drafts ago , isnīt really finding sleepers.

(guys like griffith of the titans , meachem for the saints etc.)

others have little upside , but i donīt see them making big jumps = roman harper for the saints.

others wonīt get great chances to improve ( pierre thomas , because i donīt buy the whole playing time thing. if reggie is healthy , sean payton will get the virus again )
that being said :

my only sleeper for the saints will be
DE Bobby McGray ( free agent from the jaguars ) . if he gets a fair amount of snaps , or comming in as a passing down specialist , he will gain the most sacks of our DLinemen.

i say 10-11 Sacks , two of them will cause a fumble.

themaninblack
05-23-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say Ahmad Brooks will tear it up if he is fully recovered.

SaintsMan
05-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Robert Meachem

megansett56BC
05-23-2008, 05:30 PM
For the Patriots:

Fernando Bryant - I think he has a comeback year and locks down a starting job at CB.

Vince Redd - Freak of an UDFA makes teams, and plays some ST and gets a couple of sacks.

Chad Jackson - Remember him? Injuries have derailed his career so far, but I see him lessening the departure of Stallworth. It's boom or bust for him though.

David Thomas - Another '06 pick who's been bothered by injuries. There is no TE depth this year, so he should be able to make an impact if he can stay on the field.

05-23-2008, 05:45 PM
For the Raiders Jay Richardson.

Ryan Leaf
05-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Uche Nwaneri OL for the Jaguars. He is competing with Maurice Williams for the starting left guard job after the team moved Vince Manuwai from left guard to right guard. The coaches seem to want him to win the job. He was a fifth round choice out of Purdue in the 2007 NFL draft.

BaLLiN
05-24-2008, 10:52 PM
welcome to the forums Ryan Leaf, hopefully your not as much as a disappointment as your user name leads us to believe

RaiderNation
05-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Offence

Zach Miller

Showed last year he could start for us. Russell and him seemed to play well together and it should carry over.

Michael Bush

Even with Fargas and McFadden in front of him, he should see some carries.

Defence

Turdell "Turd" Sands

Signed him to a huge contract and he hasnt shown anything. Some of his family died last year so he has a "excuse" for last year, but will have to produce this year

Tommy Kelly

Mr. $55 million better be a stud.

Edgerton Hartwell

If he can stay healthy, we could have one of the best LB crews in the nfl. Howard Morrison Hartwell

LonghornsLegend
05-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Edgerton Hartwell

If he can stay healthy, we could have one of the best LB crews in the nfl. Howard Morrison Hartwell

I believe people have been saying that about him since he left Baltimore.

JT Jag
05-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Uche Nwaneri OL for the Jaguars. He is competing with Maurice Williams for the starting left guard job after the team moved Vince Manuwai from left guard to right guard. The coaches seem to want him to win the job. He was a fifth round choice out of Purdue in the 2007 NFL draft.Good call. The more I think about it, the more I think that the coaches prefer Mo in reserve role where he can, essentially, back up 4 positions.

Uche will be a beast for us eventually. This year? Who knows.

Don Vito
05-24-2008, 11:50 PM
For the Patriots, I am going with Brandon Meriweather. He got moved back to safety from corner and will spend a good amount of time at free and strong. He has a lot of talent and will bring speed to what looks to be one of the slowest starting safety group I've seen (Rodney Harrison and James Sanders, but they are still solid players). With all of the players the Pats lost in the secondary, his chance is now. WR Chad Jackson will also have a big chance with Stallworth gone, he is a big time talent who just needs to learn the playbook.

Another guy is Chiefs DE Tamba Hali, he is a high motor guy who will need to produce with the loss of Jared Allen.