PDA

View Full Version : Who will fall by 09 Draft?

L-Train79
05-04-2008, 08:22 AM
There are always people who are predicted to go high in the next draft but then free fall for some reason. i.e. Brian Brohm, DeSean Jackson, Calais Campbell Who do you guys think will be that player next year?

Jay
05-04-2008, 08:23 AM
I say Tim Tebow, only because I am curious as to how his game translates into the NFL. I know he can throw but right now he does a lot of option stuff, and most Florida QB's don't really do much in the NFL...

Gay Ork Wang
05-04-2008, 08:23 AM
basically any QB and RB

regoob2
05-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Moreno and Tebow.

L-Train79
05-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I see a WR dropping. I can see Percy Harvin dropping or Darrius Heyward-Bey dropping. I know they are both great right now, but I wouldn't be surprised.

PoopSandwich
05-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Beanie Wells drop.

Yatta!
05-04-2008, 10:21 AM
On a side note I can't really see any QB falling too far, perhaps outside of Tebow due to his playing style. None of the senior QBs are gonna get consideration as a high 1st rounder and therefore is someone like Stafford or Bradford declared, their stock would be so much higher due to the dropoff.

I think the stock of Myron Rolle or Taylor Mays could take a hit, their coverage abilities are not great by any means.

Thunder&Lightning
05-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I can see Percy Harvin

duckseason
05-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I think Tebow has too much to offer as an overall athlete to fall very far. You take a look at guys like Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell and the superior passing abilities of the guys who fell beneath them, and it's hard to imagine Tebow falling very fall at all. I think he'll definitely be a project (who isn't?) as an NFL QB, but to most teams he would be considered a pretty safe investment with about as much to gain as is possible at that position. He's got that outstanding rushing ability to fall back on. That alone will make everything he does as a passer a bit easier than it is for the average QB. To me, he's what you'd get if Vick's dad went raw up inside Roethlisberger's mom. GM's are salivating at the thought of that.

JagHombre22
05-04-2008, 11:19 AM
While trying not to sound too "homerish"...I think Tebow will drastically improve as a pocket passer this season...it's already been stated by Urban Meyer that Tebow will not run nearly as much as he did this past year...plus they will be running a two QB system....and not to mention the UF backfield has drastically improved this season...

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-04-2008, 01:12 PM
While trying not to sound too "homerish"...I think Tebow will drastically improve as a pocket passer this season...it's already been stated by Urban Meyer that Tebow will not run nearly as much as he did this past year...plus they will be running a two QB system....and not to mention the UF backfield has drastically improved this season...

Who will be the 2nd QB in the system?

StaticGator
05-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Laurinaitis

kmartin575
05-06-2008, 09:56 AM

So how does a 2 QB system help his case?

brat316
05-06-2008, 10:00 AM
pretty much any one rated 7-12 right now will fall/the juniors who were rated top 10 last year. Some will fall hard other not so much

princefielder28
05-06-2008, 11:02 AM
I can see Percy Harvin

I agree with Harvin

SMoore
05-06-2008, 11:04 AM
i can see selvie falling by next year
small, might not have jaw-dropping workouts
plus it's hard to follow up the kind of year that he had

LonghornsLegend
05-06-2008, 11:57 AM
I doubt Harvin "falls" per say, whose saying his stock is top 10? Because if he is going to be 170 lbs also you can forget about that, he might be in top 10 in mocks on here and on other sites, but I surely wouldn't classify it as a fall if he goes late round 1, nobody is spending a premium pick these days on guys who are slot WR's at best, if he shows up around Ginn's size and shows he can offer something more then a slot/gadget guy this year then yes I can see it, otherwise I dont see it, even if he is more explosive then Desean Jackson...I know Dallas isn't the only team who feels this way, but teams looking for #1 WR's wont spend a pick on a guy like that, same way we passed Jackson we would pass up Harvin I believe.

asmitty45
05-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Moreno, he'll get over-evaluated and fall to a good team towards the end of the 1st early 2nd round

I saw Curtis Painter in someone's top 15 and if he is rated that highly now, he'll fall greatly from there IMO.

I can see Harvin drawing a ton of DeSean Jackson comparisons and falling as well.

CashmoneyDrew
05-06-2008, 03:22 PM
James Laurinaitis

Bucs_Rule
05-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Tebow isn't going to get a big drop off as he's not rated really high. NFL personnel know that option plays and such doesn't translate to the NFL.

Laurinaitis will have a fall.

BlindSite
05-06-2008, 08:03 PM
RBs almost always fall on draft day, DeAngelo Williams, Mendenhall were all mocked in the top 15 picks or so and later ended up in the 20s. Portis, Drew, Addai are all backs who had a bit of a fall as well.

Brent
05-06-2008, 10:11 PM
I dont know if anyone said it because I didnt look but I'll say Michael Crabtree.

TitanHope
05-06-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm going with Moreno if he declares. I just don't think he's that good. He had one great game against Florida, and then runs all over poor run-defenses in Troy (7.5 YPC), Vandy (5.6 YPC), KY (5.6 YPC), South Carolina (7.4 YPC) and Western Carolina (7.2 YPC). When he faced good DEF's, he averaged less than 5.0 YPC. Tennessee held him to 2.3 YPC on 13 carries, and Georgia Tech held him to 2.6 YPC on 17 carries. Against Oklahoma St. he had a 3.4 YPC avg. on 20 carries, @Alabama he rushed 17 times at 4.4 YPC, and against Auburn he averaged 4.6 YPC on 22 rushes.

Moreno is supposed to be a Top 3 RB in next year's draft. I don't want my franchise RB to be like Cedric Benson - run for 200-yds against Kansas and run for 40-yds against Oklahoma. Aside from Moreno's game against Florida, he's Cedric Benson. He'll drop if he teams think he'll turn out like Benson did.

Dam8610
05-06-2008, 10:50 PM
I saw Curtis Painter in someone's top 15 and if he is rated that highly now, he'll fall greatly from there IMO.

Here is the fall. Painter the #1 or 2 senior QB for most people? What has he shown to justify that? Or is it that no one else has shown anything? Either way, come draft time, I'll be surprised if he's anyone's #1 or 2 QB.

SMoore
05-07-2008, 06:08 AM
I'm going with Moreno if he declares. I just don't think he's that good. He had one great game against Florida, and then runs all over poor run-defenses in Troy (7.5 YPC), Vandy (5.6 YPC), KY (5.6 YPC), South Carolina (7.4 YPC) and Western Carolina (7.2 YPC). When he faced good DEF's, he averaged less than 5.0 YPC. Tennessee held him to 2.3 YPC on 13 carries, and Georgia Tech held him to 2.6 YPC on 17 carries. Against Oklahoma St. he had a 3.4 YPC avg. on 20 carries, @Alabama he rushed 17 times at 4.4 YPC, and against Auburn he averaged 4.6 YPC on 22 rushes.

Moreno is supposed to be a Top 3 RB in next year's draft. I don't want my franchise RB to be like Cedric Benson - run for 200-yds against Kansas and run for 40-yds against Oklahoma. Aside from Moreno's game against Florida, he's Cedric Benson. He'll drop if he teams think he'll turn out like Benson did.

Well don't rush judgement on Moreno. You have to remember that was his first year of game action and he did very well all things considered. I think he will improve this year but he will still have a couple unspectacular games against good competition. It happens to everyone.

D-Rod
05-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Kiper has Painter at #10 on his preliminary 2009 board. I would be amazed if he goes anywhere near that.

However, most people would also have said that about Ryan at this point last year, so we shall see...

05-07-2008, 07:48 AM
So early in the process I could see Moreno, Tebow, Laurinaitis and maybe one or two of the higher rated safeties.