PDA

View Full Version : Attention Minnesotans!!

fischbowl
05-04-2008, 04:15 PM
I, fischbowl, am going on vacation to the great state of Minnesota this summer. I will be spending 4 days in the Twin Cities area and possibly venturing northward to Brainerd or southbound to the prairies. Things I will be doing:

-Twins Hat Day Aug 2nd
-Mall of America
-Seeing Whatever Charles Schulz/Snoopy Stuff There Is
-Seeing Whatever Coen's Stuff There Is (Probable Trip To Brainerd, Home Of Paul Bunyan and The Big Blue Ox)

Can You give me any recommendations as to things to do, where to eat, what to see, etc.

Anything relatable to Charles Schulz or the Coens is helpful

Thanks

Fischbowl, World Traveller

djp
05-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I, fischbowl, am going on vacation to the great state of Minnesota this summer. I will be spending 4 days in the Twin Cities area and possibly venturing northward to Brainerd or southbound to the prairies. Things I will be doing:

-Twins Hat Day Aug 2nd
-Mall of America
-Seeing Whatever Coen's Stuff There Is (Probable Trip To Brainerd, Home Of Paul Bunyan and The Big Blue Ox)

Can You give me any recommendations as to things to do, where to eat, what to see, etc.

Thanks

I would HIGHLY recommend a restaurant near the Metrodome called JD Hoyt's. They have probably the best steaks in the state. If it is after a game, you will most likely see the visiting team eating there.

http://www.jdhoyts.com/

It's spendy, but definitely worth it IMO.

As far as anything else, you've pretty much got it covered. Not a ton to do here, but the MOA is really fun if you've never been there.

Geo
05-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Alert, hide your women. :p

Dr. Gonzo
05-04-2008, 05:01 PM
You better get your ass to Toronto for TIFF Fisch.

fischbowl
05-04-2008, 09:07 PM
You better get your ass to Toronto for TIFF Fisch.

Don't worry Gonzo, I'll be there

The_Dude
05-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Just to let you know... the "talking" Paul Bunyan has been moved out of Brainerd.

Here is a link to the "new" Paul Bunyan Land website:

http://www.thisoldfarm.net/home.htm

Welcome to the greatest state around!

Twiddler
05-06-2008, 10:56 AM

-Twins Hat Day Aug 2nd
-Mall of America

Thanks

I love that you're considering visiting Brainerd after looking at your signature. Yah? Yah!

fischbowl
05-06-2008, 07:30 PM
I love that you're considering visiting Brainerd after looking at your signature. Yah? Yah!

Alright here's an idea. I know this place outside of Brainerd where we can get laid, what do you think?