PDA

View Full Version : Best by Position: QB

neko4
05-04-2008, 06:10 PM
I'll be making polls to see who everyone thinks the best is at every position in the NFC Norse division.

You should base your vote on who you think will have the best QB at the end of the year.

BeerBaron
05-04-2008, 06:15 PM
It's still going to be Kitna barring anything miraculous. The question still is, who will be the 2nd best?

skinzzfan25
05-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I guess it's kinda Kitna by default lol.

BeerBaron
05-04-2008, 06:18 PM
btw, you can probably save your time on the HB one....minnesota no questions asked

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Kitna right now at average veteran QB unless proven otherwise.

Nobody can see the future. Pack fans can say Rodgers,Vikings fan can say Jackson and Bears fan can say a Grossman miracle reverting to 2006 1st half. 3 out of 4 people will be wrong.

regoob2
05-04-2008, 06:33 PM
I dont see Rodgers being any better than kitna and Tavaris is garbage. Grossy could if he's hot but he might not even be the starter so I'd say Kitna.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Kitna by default.

Rodgers needs a full season before an evaluation.

Jackson is still developing.

Grossman/Orton are battling for the #1 job.

Crazy_Chris
05-04-2008, 06:41 PM
If we are going by now than it is easily Jon Kitna. If we are going by the end of the season, I say both Jackson and Rodgers will have made strides and will be giving Kitna a run for his money.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Question about the Kitna situation.

Is it correct to say that Drew Stanton was drafted to be the QB of the future?

If so will the Lions give him an opportunity to play at all this year?

Zbikowski_9
05-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Lol, is based on the end of the season so Packer fans can justify saying Rodgers. I'll go Kitna

neko4
05-04-2008, 06:44 PM
If we are going by now than it is easily Jon Kitna. If we are going by the end of the season, I say both Jackson and Rodgers will have made strides and will be giving Kitna a run for his money.
I said by seasons end. I think Kitna, in the new more balanced system should prosper, but Rodgers wont be far behind.

neko4
05-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Question about the Kitna situation.

Is it correct to say that Drew Stanton was drafted to be the QB of the future?

If so will the Lions give him an opportunity to play at all this year?
I personally believe they should wait a year since Stanton got hurt.

Lol, is based on the end of the season so Packer fans can justify saying Rodgers. I'll go Kitna

Well he has a better chance than the other two to beat out Kitna

neko4
05-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Once one QB hits 20, i think I can move on.

Dont forget, your not voting on one QB, but the entire team's QB's.

regoob2
05-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Once one QB hits 20, i think I can move on.

Dont forget, your not voting on one QB, but the entire team's QB's.I think the Bears could get a consideration then. They're better than GB cause they've actually won more than 0 career games and the vikes dont count.

Yatta!
05-04-2008, 06:54 PM
General question: If in a hypothetical situation Rodgers had been traded to Detroit this offseason, who would be starting for the Lions?

regoob2
05-04-2008, 06:57 PM
General question: If in a hypothetical situation Rodgers had been traded to Detroit this offseason, who would be starting for the Lions?Kitna imo.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-04-2008, 06:59 PM
General question: If in a hypothetical situation Rodgers had been traded to Detroit this offseason, who would be starting for the Lions?

Still has to be Kitna, Rodgers still is unproven. He played well against Dallas, but that is no where near enough time to evaluate him.

neko4
05-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Open competition I would assume

Crazy_Chris
05-04-2008, 07:04 PM
I think the Bears could get a consideration then. They're better than GB cause they've actually won more than 0 career games and the vikes dont count.

How could the bears get consideration since they have won more than 0 career games but yet the Vikings don't count?

neko4
05-04-2008, 07:05 PM
okay, so maybe 15 instead of 20

Maybe Next Year Millen2
05-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah Stanton won't play because of the injury last year so all he did was watch film, no practice time and no pre-season action. Kitna is too entrenched and knows the system so well. Stanton in theory should be the starter or have an open competition next year. Next year is Kitnas final year of his contract.

Rodgers has as good a chance as Jackson/Grossman to be the best this season. That being said I could see the Packers at 8-8 after a poor start and then Rodgers turns it on in the second half of the season as he gets more experience.

BeerBaron
05-04-2008, 07:08 PM
as to what other people are saying...

unless one of rodgers/jackson/bears anybody really goes crazy and has a miraculous season, i think kitna's body of work still keeps him ahead of one year of production by any of the aforementioned guys

neko4
05-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Is this man really the best in the division?
http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/KitnaHalloween.jpg

BeerBaron
05-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Is this man really the best in the division?
http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/KitnaHalloween.jpg

better than this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/neckbeard.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/orton8-3.jpg

lol...i love KO though....

neko4
05-04-2008, 07:13 PM
so is it safe to say the Lions win this and we can move on to what should be another blowout

BeerBaron
05-04-2008, 07:13 PM
so is it safe to say the Lions win this and we can move on to what should be another blowout

i would say so.....

neko4
05-04-2008, 07:14 PM
And the winner is Detroit!

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/jonkitna.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/don_banks/03/16/draft.questions/p1_stanton.jpg
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~swarheit/DanOrlovsky.jpg

regoob2
05-04-2008, 07:16 PM
How could the bears get consideration since they have won more than 0 career games but yet the Vikings don't count?The packers QB have never started a game. Viking QBs suck.

Crazy_Chris
05-04-2008, 07:17 PM
The packers QB have never started a game. Viking QBs suck.

Oh and the bears QBs don't?

BeerBaron
05-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh and the bears QBs don't?

they suck all the way to a division title and a superbowl birth.....

Crazy_Chris
05-04-2008, 07:22 PM
What the hell does that have to do with anything? That is completely irrelevant to how good a QB is.

The Bears QBs suck the Vikings QBs suck but according to regoob the Vikings shouldn't count because their QBs suck.

BeerBaron
05-04-2008, 07:23 PM
What the hell does that have to do with anything? That is completely irrelevant to how good a QB is.

The Bears QBs suck the Vikings QBs suck but according to regoob the Vikings shouldn't count because their QBs suck.

how much a QB wins is irrelevant to how good they are? is that what you really just said?

regoob2
05-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Oh and the bears QBs don't?Not nearly as much are you serious?

Crazy_Chris
05-04-2008, 07:28 PM
how much a QB wins is irrelevant to how good they are? is that what you really just said?

Winning the Division and getting to the Super Bowl with an absolutly dominant defense and a good running game is irrealvant to the the QBs in the conversation.

Not nearly as much are you serious?

What the hell do you mean not nearly as much? The situation is so bad they can't decide which of the 2 crappy QBs is the worse one.

BeerBaron
05-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Winning the Division and getting to the Super Bowl with an absolutly dominant defense and a good running game is irrealvant to the the QBs in the conversation.

well why couldn't tavaris do it? they had a fantastic run game last year and an incredible run defense

regoob2
05-04-2008, 07:30 PM

What the hell do you mean not nearly as much? The situation is so bad they can't decide which of the 2 crappy QBs is the worse one.
Grossman and Orton are both better than Tavaris Jackson. Jackson is the worst starting QB in NFL. We have faith in both these guys that's why we didnt take JDB and you traded for him.

Crazy_Chris
05-04-2008, 07:32 PM
well why couldn't tavaris do it? they had a fantastic run game last year and an incredible run defense

As much as I love the Vikings Defense there is absolutly no way you can compare them to the bears defense in those years as I tried to stress in the post that defense was absolutly dominant.

regoob2
05-04-2008, 07:34 PM
As much as I love the Vikings Defense there is absolutly no way you can compare them to the bears defense in those years as I tried to stress in the post that defense was absolutly dominant.The Bears D was much better than the Vikes but Gross still played well in the Playoffs.

Smokey Joe
05-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I don't quite fully understand the question... are you asking who has the best starter, or which team has the best depth/situation. If it's the former, it's the Lions. If it's the later, it's the Packers, IMO.

neko4
05-04-2008, 07:36 PM
depth, though starter should be a huge factor

Crazy_Chris
05-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Grossman and Orton are both better than Tavaris Jackson. Jackson is the worst starting QB in NFL. We have faith in both these guys that's why we didnt take JDB and you traded for him.

Oh please Kyle Orton is not a better QB than Tarvaris Jackson. Rex Grossmen can atleast have a case since he has had games were he has looked like a very good NFL QB. I already went over this in another thread but Jackson is a better QB than Orton

Lol you gotta be kidding me, it's actually a pretty sad arguement since the stats are both bad...

Career stats(Keep in mind Tarvaris has played in 2 less games and started 4 less games than orton)

Completetion percentage
Orton:52% Jackson:58.1%

Yards:
Orton:2,347 Jackson: 2,386

Yards per game:
Orton 130.4 Jackson: 149.1

YPA:
Orton: 5.2 Jackson: 6.4

Pass TD:
Orton:12 Jackson:11

Totals TD(Rushing + Passing)
Orton:12 Jackson:15

Interceptions:
Orton: 15 Jackson: 16

Fumbles:
Orton: 14 Jackson: 9

Total Turnovers(Fumbles + INTS)
Orton: 29 Jackson: 25

QB Rating
Orton: 62.2 Jackson: 69

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19153&page=2

Smokey Joe
05-04-2008, 07:40 PM
why do people think Jackson is garbage as a NFL QB? He is entering his 3rd year out of FCS ball. He's still got plenty of time to develop.

regoob2
05-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Oh please Kyle Orton is not a better QB than Tarvaris Jackson. Rex Grossmen can atleast have a case since he has had games were he has looked like a very good NFL QB. I already went over this in another thread but Jackson is a better QB than Orton

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19153&page=2
What about wins.

regoob2
05-04-2008, 07:42 PM
why do people think Jackson is garbage as a NFL QB? He is entering his 3rd year out of FCS ball. He's still got plenty of time to develop.He has potential but he has looked terrible in every game I've seen.

Zbikowski_9
05-04-2008, 08:04 PM
What about wins.

That is such a lame argument. Wins have way too many external factors - such as the suporting cast and opponents. Orton did not win games - the Bears did.
The D and Hesters big play ability took them to the Superbowl not their QBs. If they had a good Qb that might have left with the trophy

regoob2
05-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Well Tavaris won't have any excuses this year cause they have a real good offense now.

Zbikowski_9
05-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Well Tavaris won't have any excuses this year cause they have a real good offense now.

True that. and i think he has had enough time to develop into an adequate qb. I think success this year is if he limits mistakes and makes the occasional big play.
He still has a high ceiling and i dont expect him to be finished developing for for a while yet.