PDA

View Full Version : Falcons' Boley charged with battery

SaintsFanForLife
05-04-2008, 08:29 PM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/05/04/boley_0505.html

thefalconer
05-04-2008, 08:31 PM
noooooooooooooooooooo. dammit.

adschofield
05-04-2008, 08:32 PM
ATLDirtybirds just had a heart attack

Vikes99ej
05-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Really disappointing to see, especially knowing he has an autistic kid.

Thunder&Lightning
05-04-2008, 08:37 PM
that blows. Hopefully he can get out of this and mature a little after.

d34ng3l021
05-04-2008, 08:38 PM
My jaw dropped. And it still is.

I cant believe this ******* thing. He was a high character guy and I wanna know the ******* circumstances this was under. There was a ******* section on NFL Network on him emphasizing how important his son was. This is just so out of the ******* blue! There must have been a ******* good reason for him to be charged for assault. I honestly still dont believe this. There HAS to be a ******* good reason.

And if there isnt, well might as well kiss his ass goodbye. He will be traded for a 4th round pick, and we will all consider it a steal because he was taken in the 5th.

A Perfect Score
05-04-2008, 08:38 PM
hes a premier LB in the league...he needs to smarten up

SaintsFanForLife
05-04-2008, 08:42 PM
ATL was moving in a good direction. This just ***** it all up.

Bosanac01
05-04-2008, 09:11 PM
**** ATL's ******.

princefielder28
05-04-2008, 09:12 PM
WTF is going on with athletes nowadays!

d34ng3l021
05-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Hm. So far from what I have been reading, it seems to be a low-mid level thing. The bail was 1200, so it may not be THAT bad. I am just hoping if was just self defense.

BlindSite
05-04-2008, 09:15 PM
This dude has 2 kids from different mothers and is married to a third woman he likes to beat people and he's considered "High character"

Only in atlanta.

BamaFalcon59
05-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Dangit. Basically ditto what DeAngelo said.

JF4
05-04-2008, 09:23 PM
My jaw dropped. And it still is.

I cant believe this ******* thing. He was a high character guy and I wanna know the ******* circumstances this was under. There was a ******* section on NFL Network on him emphasizing how important his son was. This is just so out of the ******* blue! There must have been a ******* good reason for him to be charged for assault. I honestly still dont believe this. There HAS to be a ******* good reason.

And if there isnt, well might as well kiss his ass goodbye. He will be traded for a 4th round pick, and we will all consider it a steal because he was taken in the 5th.

Why the hell would the Falcons trade him for a 4th round pick? That would be the steal of the century for another team.

Obviously the guy is known for his character, so maybe he did screw up, give the guy another chance. I know you don't want criminals in the organization but the guys past clearly show's he can change. Sometimes people do make mistakes and I think whether or not he stays on the team will depend on how Boley himself takes responsibilty for his actions.

Hopefully the Falcons organization can look at the circumstances, properly disipline him, and bring him back to be the leader of the defense because without him, I can't imagine how much worse that unit can get.

BamaFalcon59
05-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Why the hell would the Falcons trade him for a 4th round pick? That would be the steal of the century for another team.

Obviously the guy is known for his character, so maybe he did screw up, give the guy another chance. I know you don't want criminals in the organization but the guys past clearly show's he can change. Sometimes people do make mistakes and I think whether or not he stays on the team will depend on how Boley himself takes responsibilty for his actions.

Hopefully the Falcons organization can look at the circumstances, properly disipline him, and bring him back to be the leader of the defense because without him, I can't imagine how much worse that unit can get.

See DeAngelo Hall, now with the Oakland Raiders.

Flyboy
05-04-2008, 09:25 PM
LOL.

You stay classy Falcons. ;)

JF4
05-04-2008, 09:25 PM
See DeAngelo Hall, now with the Oakland Raiders.

Hall asked to be traded. Completely different scenario.

d34ng3l021
05-04-2008, 09:26 PM

It was a semi joke at how we trade our star defensive players for much lower value in the NFL Draft.

And of course I want exactly what you said. I am just hoping that it doesnt get that bad, and after being a fan of the Falcons for the past year, we really have to expect for the worst. It will have to come naturally to us now

BamaFalcon59
05-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Hall asked to be traded. Completely different scenario.

- Hall requested to be traded after we began shopping him. Prior to that he said he was commited to being a Falcon. He said the team was more interested in trading him than re-signing him to a longer contract.
- The team was being safe. Just like they may do with Boley. They are making sure there are no 'roudy players' such as DeAngelo, or bad characters, which they may consider Boley now.
- We drafted him with the eight overall pick, he made two pro bowls and blossomed into an excellent, top five cornerback; he was also very young, only 24 years old after four years in the National Football League. Then we traded him for a high second round draft pick. Just like the Hall situation, trading Boley for a fourth would be a rip off considering how young and talented he is.
- You said how much worst can the unit get, people said that before the Falcons traded DeAngelo Hall.
- You said it would be the steal of the century, by all indications the Raiders got a two time probowl cornerback, top five at his position, eight overall draft pick, twenty four going on twenty five year old player for a high second round pick. I would call that a steal.

That said, I really doubt we trade him if this is the only strike against him.

RaiderFan
05-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Oh well trade him to the Raiders for a Cheese burger.

BamaFalcon59
05-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh well trade him to the Raiders for a Cheese burger.

If we traded him to the Raiders I might consider them being my favorite team along with the Falcons.

TimD
05-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Anyone find out more information on what exactly happened?

Bosanac01
05-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Anyone find out more information on what exactly happened?

All i know is he was arrested in his home, which probably means it happened at his home. He is married and has two kids from different past relationships at only 25.

LonghornsLegend
05-04-2008, 10:38 PM
He's important to that unit turning around, him and Lofton will be pretty beastly together, I hope he doesn't get traded this soon.

scar988
05-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Boley, Lofton and brooking make a scary unit for other teams, my research;
* Simple battery may include any form of non-consensual, harmful or insulting contact, regardless of the injury caused. Criminal battery requires an intent to inflict an injury on another, as distinguished from a tortious battery.
* Sexual battery may be defined as non-consensual touching of the intimate parts of another.
* Family violence battery may be limited in its scope between persons within a certain degree of relationship: statutes with respect to this offense have been enacted in response to increasing awareness of the problem of domestic violence.
* Aggravated battery is generally regarded as a serious offense of felony grade, involving the loss of the victim's limb or some other type of permanent disfigurement of the victim. As successor to the common law crime of mayhem, this is sometimes subsumed in the definition of aggravated assault.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28crime%29

he could have been attacked and then swung back, or this could have been something unseen, but if he caused it, assault would have been added, if he hit someone while provoked, he would have only been charged battery. it makes me thing he was provoked.

and if he was at his home, someone could have broken into his home and he just took them out the way Sean Taylor could have, had he been in able to see what was going on, I'm gonna wait until more details are released..

vidae
05-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, that is surprising. And it sucks.

Bosanac01
05-05-2008, 07:13 AM
mug shot http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z216/bosanac01/image_7015304.jpg

ATLDirtyBirds
05-05-2008, 09:53 AM
ATLDirtybirds just had a heart attack

I was close. I thought it was a joke at first. Doesn't seem to be too serious though.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-05-2008, 10:06 AM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/05/05/boley_0506.html

That's the update. He "got physical" with his wife.

Dr. Gonzo
05-05-2008, 01:28 PM
The minute I heard this I figured he hit is wife. I find it funny how Falcon fans were all saying he probably was protecting his son after it was revealed it happened at his home but what did you think happened, someone broke in a tried to punch his son? I guess you all just wanted to hope he did nothing wrong. The fact is he has two children from different mothers and regardless of whether he cleaned up his act or not that does not scream character guy to me.

d34ng3l021
05-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Dude he is on the Falcons. Two children from different mothers gets him the 'Classiest player on the Falcons' award.

scar988
05-05-2008, 02:43 PM
she accused him of cheating on her, he pushed her out the house. that to me looks like something that isn't even close to suspension worth. this kind of battery will get a fine from the GOVT and from the NFL. she has no injury, and he wasn't trying to cause harm, just get her out of the house.

and he is a character guy. the first mom left Boley after she was cheating on him.

TitanHope
05-05-2008, 06:00 PM
According to my local sports talk show on the radio...

Boley's wife confronted him about him allegedly cheating, in which Boley denied and an argument broke out. Boley was angry, and wanted to leave the house. Boley went to look for his car keys, but he had been drinking, so his wife hid the keys from him and wouldn't allow him to drive while intoxicated. Boley called his mother to try to get her to speak with his wife, but when his wife refused the phone call, Boley became physical. He pushed her around the house, over the sofa, into a cupboard door, which caused a bruise on her back, and eventually out of the house.

I don't give a crap how much of a "character guy" Boley is. When alcohol is involved, you can throw how he acts when sober out of the window. He knocked around his wife, and to try to defend his actions would be in bad taste. Spousal abuse trumphs dog fighting, and Falcons fans better be thanking their lucky stars that Boley is an under-rated as he is, or else this would be making bigger headlines and getting more attention that the Cedric Benson deal.

d34ng3l021
05-05-2008, 06:14 PM
I am confused about your when alcohol is involved statement. Why would what you do sober be thrown out of the window? People are different, and of course, are more edgy. It makes more sense that he would do that when he has had alcohol and his wife confronts him about cheating. I dont condone that kind of action, but what he did doesnt make him a full fledged wife beater.

TitanHope
05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm completely zero tolerence when it comes to beating women. I also hate guys who cheat because of the stereotype that apparently all men use their dongs as the needle on their moral compasses. It's a double whammy for me, so I'm just gonna get that out there and I'm sure you agree with me - it's only nature for you to defend your player just like I initially did with "Pac-Man" Jones, so I know you're not condoning his actions.

I understand that there are always extenuating circumstances, but this doesn't have the looks of a guy getting all the frustration built up into him and lashing out in one single strike. Boley shoved his wife repeatedly and with enough force to send her over a coach and to inflict bruising after sending her into a cupboard handle, back first. He did that because his wife hid his keys so he wouldn't drink and drive! He did that because he was confronted for allegedly cheating - many people go on the offensive when they are being confronted in general, especially when drunk! Most wife beaters are drunk when they abuse their wives, which is why many wives stay with their husbands beause they blame the alcohol, not the man.

My statements were implying that alcohol could be the catalyst for his judgement and actions. Falcons fans see him as a high character guy, so him doing this doesn't make sense. But when alcohol is included into the mix, a person can go from Mr. Nice Guy to Mr. Jerkasauras Rex.

d34ng3l021
05-05-2008, 07:22 PM
And if alcohol is the catalyst, then why would you blame the person so much?

ATLDirtyBirds
05-05-2008, 08:22 PM
mug shot http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z216/bosanac01/image_7015304.jpg

He's a scary ************. I wouldn't want to run the ball against him.

DragonFireKai
05-05-2008, 08:30 PM

Because if alcohol was the issue, I doubt it's the first time he's had some.

TitanHope
05-05-2008, 09:39 PM
He's a scary ************. I wouldn't want to run the ball against him.

Please... Dude's got a booger up his nose.

If a person hits a pedestrian while driving under the influence, then that driver is still responsible for his actions. They can't say, "I sorry occifer... It's the beer that's making me do it." A person is responsible for his actions whether he's drunk or not. Boley showed poor judgement while having alcohol in his system, but he showed worse judgement by putting himself in that position. If he hit his wife while he was intoxicated, then there's a chance he'll do it again.

His punishment will probably be manditory AA meetings, and either a fine or suspension similar to what Jared Allen received.

tom
05-05-2008, 09:43 PM
LOL! Boley is battery charged?

Shiver
05-05-2008, 10:20 PM
It could be worse... *cough* Marvin Harrison *cough*

senormysterioso
05-05-2008, 11:12 PM
If a person hits a pedestrian while driving under the influence, then that driver is still responsible for his actions. They can't say, "I sorry occifer... It's the beer that's making me do it." A person is responsible for his actions whether he's drunk or not. Boley showed poor judgement while having alcohol in his system, but he showed worse judgement by putting himself in that position. If he hit his wife while he was intoxicated, then there's a chance he'll do it again.

Exactly, the law basically says that if you knowingly alter your consciousness with a controlled substance of any sort, you are responsible for your actions while under the influence of that substance with very few exceptions. If you get married in Vegas or something to that effect the courts may annul the marriage, but they don't have to. The only time that altered consciousness is a forward defense is if your consciousness was altered by substance without your consent, so to speak (being "ruphied" or otherwise drugged would qualify)

Mr. Stiller
05-06-2008, 04:03 AM

His punishment will probably be manditory AA meetings, and either a fine or suspension similar to what Jared Allen received.

Um. You're going so hard on him.. I didn't see this Campaign for Leonard Little or Jared Allen..

d34ng3l021
05-06-2008, 12:11 PM

Well I am not trying to say that he isnt responsible for his actions, because is. What I am basically trying to say is what Shiver said. It could have been worse. I am glad his wife only got away with a bruise and I applaud her for what she did. Boley needs to act more mature. He isnt nearly the high character guy I had once thought he was.

D-Rod
05-07-2008, 03:21 AM
Look, in these situations a police report is not objective. It is based on the only witness who is not the accused - namely, Boley's wife. And she is hardly impartial at the moment. The next step is for Boley to respond to the charge. That may not be released to the public, unlike the police report.

In short, don't assume that the police report is accurate. That is the case at its highest, as stated by Boley's wife, the alleged victim. It may be entirely accurate. It may not.